Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2018 1:38 PM

Nov 2017
Even if there was no actual cliffhanger at the end, the fact that they said how their relationship as stepsisters was just the beginning and how they said that they dont know what the future might hold with school and family makes me so pumped up for season 2!!!

plz @ me
Mar 24, 2018 2:34 PM

Mar 2010
Woooow, the dialogues between characters who met for like, maybe two hours in total? Dated for one? were really so deep. So impactful.

Jokes aside the character relationships were a joke in this show. I mean they just kept presenting characters and pretending they could actually form meaningful bonds in five minutes. And honestly I was a bit pissed at everyone being like "Mei is so mature omg" when she basically always goes back to "ok but will this one next person need me" as soon as she even thinks about taking step one. It wasn't even hot because it felt ridiculous when they tried to deepen anything. I mean deepen what? There was nothing there!

I watched all of the episodes because I was hoping it'd get better, and it didn't. Someday I might just try the manga instead.
Mar 24, 2018 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
Another meh episode as I thought and this one was even more cringeworthy since I find the dialouge too discomfortable :\
Overall I have to admit this show somewhat entertained me especially some early episode sure (which I felt realistic at one point) but later there were lot of ridiculous melodramas that hontoni hontoni made me wiggle my head alot especially those FOUR villains! Not to mention they were end with very repetitive pattern even the last arc (only the first and Mei's dad arc were quite 'meaningful' imo).

4/10
Mar 24, 2018 3:10 PM
Mar 2018
THAT ENDING WAS SO GOOD! I thought for a moment that they wouldn't get back together, but everything was wrapped up so nicely. Can we get a season 2???
Mar 24, 2018 3:13 PM

Nov 2014
There was an overload of contrivances and melodrama, but at least it had a pleasant ending.

Episode: 5/5
Overall: 5/10
Mar 24, 2018 3:34 PM
Mar 2015
Nice that everyone was able to express their feelings in the end
Mar 24, 2018 3:44 PM
Apr 2016
DazeFire said:
first gotta say that they added that whole ending to the anime that wasnt in the manga starting at when Mei and Yuzu met up with the Tachibana sisters from that point all the way to the end of the ep was all anime original which pretty much kills a chance for a season 2 which i was pretty much already expectinmg
The meeting with Tachibana twins was in the manga but like a extra chapter of 4th volume. The only anime original scene is the walking scene to high school
Mar 24, 2018 4:00 PM

Dec 2011
Yuzu chasing Mei couldn't be more dramatic. I'm so glad it's finally over, really. I sincerely enjoyed reading the manga, yet the adaptation is so hollow and bland. Moreover, I still can't get over the ever changing animation: close-ups and important scenes were so beautifully drawn, whereas the rest was often disturbingly lousy, not to mention the apparent CGI appearing here and there.

When it comes to characters, Harumin was the only sensible one. God bless.

I naively hoped that this series could be something worth watching. In the end I have to rate it 6/10, even though I considered dropping it several times.
Mar 24, 2018 4:41 PM

Sep 2016
I will miss Harumin :(

6/10 to 7/10 just because of Harumin lol
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 24, 2018 4:47 PM

May 2015
Great finale, and I absolutely loved the moment at the shrine.

Thoroughly enjoyed this, what is in my opinion, a pretty faithful adaptation. 16 chapters adapted, except for the final parts of chapter 16.

Direction could've used some work at parts, but I'm not complaining. Art wasn't as breathtaking as Saburouta's art as well unfortunately, but it definitely wasn't bad either and it was decently animated.

10/10.
ReverberateMar 24, 2018 4:51 PM

Mar 24, 2018 5:10 PM

Feb 2017
The second half of the Anime was really shit with all the forced drama. Worst moment definitly Mei's "relationship" with the white haired girl she knows for 2 days, nearly made me dump this shitfest on the last meters.
Mar 24, 2018 5:27 PM
Jul 2013
FUCKING LOVE SHOUJO AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII BABY
Mar 24, 2018 5:35 PM

Aug 2013
Meh. I would have liked this series much more if it was focused more on the incest taboo drama. But sadly, it was barely mentioned throughout this entire season. Instead, I just got a bunch of generic romance drama with predictable outcomes.

Mei is such a flat and boring character. And best girl Harumin didn't get enough screentime.

Mar 24, 2018 5:48 PM

Sep 2017
Seems like they wrapped it up on the basis that there won't be a second season. So as it was the ending was fine

There was a lot of melodrama throughout and a lot of going round in circles, but that's unfortunately a pretty realistic representation of how relationships are, people not really knowing or accepting what they want causes drama, trust issues cause drama, trying to put someone else first, or yourself first rather than thinking about things from mutual perspective causes drama, worrying about social perception and acceptance - more drama etc etc

I know a few couples who've broken up and got back together several times, and it took me two years of going round in circles to properly split from my ex wife. It's not easy to know exactly what you want and how long that desire will last if/when you have it, or how you'll feel if you'll lose it, and people who've been let down and hurt in the past really don't want to let their guard down to risk being messed around and have it happen again. Overall I think it was frustrating and melodramatic enough to actually be quite accurate
Mar 24, 2018 6:09 PM

Oct 2012
That was probably the most pathetic, cliche and forced shoujo-ai anime I've seen lately. Most of the characters were annoying as hell.

Glad it's finally over. Now back to playing heavenly Sono Hanabira series.

4/10
Mar 24, 2018 6:29 PM

Aug 2015
great ending for a crappy series
Mar 24, 2018 6:32 PM

Jun 2013
Well... that was vapid.
Mar 24, 2018 6:46 PM

Jan 2017
Although the finale presented some excitable moments, it's still felt anti-climactic for the best part of the episode.
Obviously, romance themed anime in general tread a very bumpy road, it's Yuri equivalent fared no better and largely remained with those cringy awkward scenes where you question the likelihood of it actually happening in reality.
Not the greatest anime, and I'd be lying if I said there was no part of me here for the exaggerated Yuri tropes.
However, I do see it slated for a second season.

Recently there's been a movie release dates Love, Simon which explores homsexuality; I haven't watched it but what I've heard and from the clips I've seen is that of the closet mentality typical of people of that orientation and how to come to terms with it. This anime does not cover ihomosexuality from this perspective, which let me down; it's built a setting where towards those people around you it is a taboo,but when leaving that crowd it is a social norm i.e. the kisses that took place in public locations.

Now, this isn't homophobia, but at this moment of time even though strides have been made in equality for different orientations it has not compleely integrated with society yet; which is a shame.

Moving onto Japan, I've read up on Japan time and time again for various things (because of my interest in japan); historically, lords were allowed young boys (before maturity) as servants with which they could have intercourse with -however further research is pending, so don't take my word for it- what im getting at is this suggests sexual tolerance, but recent reports have suggested that there is a number of homosexuals in Japan who get into heterosexual relationships out of fear/humiliation/embarrassment.

In any case, such symptoms are naturally more severe in younger individuals, particularly because of expectations from parents, guardians, elders etc. So yeah, whilst it may be a harmless anime, it had the potential of helping homosexuals adjust and empower them by going through the same circumstances -of which it failed to do.

P.S.
I should make this into a review.

Mar 24, 2018 7:04 PM

Feb 2011
The only good thing about this show is the fact that it ended this week.
Mar 24, 2018 7:20 PM

Aug 2015
Wholesome Harumin best girl

Matsuri second best girl for suggesting threesome

nice finale, beginning with the bridge scene

Show tried to move between titillation, realistic drama and soap opera drama and it ends up kinda meh

LF2005 said:

well, without does spice scenes I think I would had dropped it long ago, there where parts I found myself wishing it to slip in to hentai.

Same here
Mar 24, 2018 7:30 PM
Nov 2014
I get the shit this anime is getting but as a yuri fan I still enjoyed the show. With any anime where a yuri relationship is at the forefront I will always be willing to push aside any unsatisfactory details and nonetheless be satisfied overall.

For some more pointed criticism though I really didn't like the whole twins arc in the anime or the manga. First of all it's just cringy how much importance Sara places on Mei, like ... you saw her, thought she was hot, and immediately jump to "this girl is my destiny". She also acts like she's known Mei her whole life by saying "she's mature" and blah blah blah. Vice versa it's also cringy that Mei said "I don't want to lose you" to Sara like she's some really important person in her life. Bitch you've known her for like a day.

Continuing my rant, it also kind of made me mad that Yuzu kept saying things like "I was the one pushing Mei away" at Christmas (when they were about to get freaky). Mei made it sound like she was only doing what she was doing because Yuzu wanted it. I mean, she said something like "this is what you've been wanting". Why should Yuzu accept that? Yuzu had no reason to believe Mei actually wanted to do freaky things with her.

But I digress. I eat this shit up, and highly recommend you all to read the manga (except the latest chapter, seriously, don't read it).
Mar 24, 2018 7:32 PM

Jan 2012
Did they really just forget about what happened with Mei and sensei making out earlier in the story?

I think they're testing the waters on this one. They really pushing on which grey lines that they can cross and get away with this anime. I think more studio are going to push it more if this become somewhat of a success.

Lets be real now. Harumin is the best girl
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 24, 2018 8:03 PM
Mar 2014
Hope they do a season 2
Mar 24, 2018 8:06 PM
May 2013
So season 2 of Citrus?
Mar 24, 2018 8:20 PM
Aug 2014
i would give it higher score if best girl Harumin got more screen time
Mar 24, 2018 8:41 PM

Feb 2017
I maintain my position that this Anime ran out of steam around 5/6 episodes in, was really enjoying it, but ended up downgrading from an solid 8 to a generous 7.

Still, worth watching, god knows it has filled some time in the vacuum of space time that is waiting for Boku No Hero Acadamia season 3 to come out :p

With the best of this Anime at the beginning and some at the end, perhaps Citrus would have been better as a film rather than a series :thinking:
Mar 24, 2018 8:49 PM

May 2015
I would just like to point out that everyone in the station was looking at them:

A bit of a slow start for this episode, but it was sweet the rest of the way.

Citrus: I wouldn't call it an optimal anime, but it had its fun moments. The art was great for the first episode, but the quality began to drop for the later episodes including the last episode. I really liked Yuzu a lot. Harumin was also great but didn't have as much screen time as others had hoped for. Momokino is probably the next best relevant character. Matsuri...well she had a change of heart, but she didn't really have enough time to flesh out as a character. Sara and Nina were eh. And Mei? Well she didn't really get much, but if a second season does happen, I think that's where she'll really shine. Not bad for a Shoujo Ai...but we're going to need something better.

Final Verdict: Gay/10
Mar 24, 2018 9:09 PM

Aug 2012
As a huge fan of the manga I can't give it anything less then a 9. It was a good adaptation (for what it covered) and it brought it to life well.

I'm pretty content with how this ended too, but I can see how people could be disappointed. As an anime alone i can see the low ratings, but having read the manga really helps bring enjoyment up, and lets you see it as a nice treat, but not a independent piece of media.
Mar 24, 2018 9:39 PM
Nov 2017
As much as last week ticked me off, this week brought me back. I'd rather leave this show on good terms and *not* have a second season. I'm running out of tables to flip. :p
Mar 24, 2018 9:43 PM

Dec 2017
DarkAudit said:
As much as last week ticked me off, this week brought me back. I'd rather leave this show on good terms and *not* have a second season. I'm running out of tables to flip. :p
I heard the next arc is good from the readers.

Also score used to be 7.02, nut is now 7.14. Damn it had an increase from the ending. lol
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Mar 24, 2018 11:51 PM
Sep 2017
tambi33 said:

Now, this isn't homophobia, but at this moment of time even though strides have been made in equality for different orientations it has not compleely integrated with society yet; which is a shame.

Moving onto Japan, I've read up on Japan time and time again for various things (because of my interest in japan); historically, lords were allowed young boys (before maturity) as servants with which they could have intercourse with -however further research is pending, so don't take my word for it- what im getting at is this suggests sexual tolerance, but recent reports have suggested that there is a number of homosexuals in Japan who get into heterosexual relationships out of fear/humiliation/embarrassment.

In any case, such symptoms are naturally more severe in younger individuals, particularly because of expectations from parents, guardians, elders etc. So yeah, whilst it may be a harmless anime, it had the potential of helping homosexuals adjust and empower them by going through the same circumstances -of which it failed to do.

P.S.
I should make this into a review.

That actually comes up later in the manga.
Mar 25, 2018 12:03 AM

Mar 2012
Gonna wait it out and hope it gets a second season. If not, I'll just read the manga I guess
Mar 25, 2018 12:33 AM

Jul 2014
Nice ending and probably my favorite arc of the show. Sara was a really lovely character who brought something good to the relationship between Yuzu and Mei, and Nina was nice too.

Now about the series in general, I found it disappointingly entertaining. People hyped this series a lot and yes, I had a good time, and it definitely entertained me but I didn't like the drama. They went one step forward and then two steps back and so on in all the arcs going in circles.

Yuzu was very likeable and Harumin, needed more Harumin. HARUMIN BEST GIRLl!!!

SkyLETVMar 25, 2018 10:04 AM
Mar 25, 2018 1:12 AM

Nov 2017
Who else noticed the "strop"

plz @ me
Mar 25, 2018 1:19 AM
Dec 2017
Well gotta say Citrus really isn't something I'd usually watch, and quite frankly I'm indifferent to Yuri but gotta be honest I actually really enjoyed this series, the story although nothing amazing always pulled me back for more, the characters were interesting enough for what this series was going for and the animation was actually quite impressive

yeah I really hope this gets a season 2, definitely going to be reading the manga

As for the actual episode, it was alright, I like how it ended on a positive note, I will say though this story arc was nowhere near as good as the Matsuri one...
Mar 25, 2018 3:02 AM

Dec 2017
Overall, I liked it. It's a shame though that the anime adaption didn't get to the best parts and ended with one of the less memorable arcs. Here's hoping to a Season 2 so the other parts of the manga can be faithfully adapted. To be fair though, the anime adapted the manga very well and in that regard it was great.

Very solid 7/10.
Mar 25, 2018 3:47 AM

Jan 2015
Kittens-kun said:
Really mixed on this series, leaning more towards the bad side of the spectrum. I thought it had potential in the beginning, and I obviously liked the yuri scenes, but it's ultimately held back by the useless drama, and characters that just aren't capable of making up their god damn minds. Remove all the bs with Matsuri and the twins (still can't believe there were THREE meddling type characters back-to-back), have Mei and Yuzu actually talk sooner so we get rid of the indecisiveness, and the show would have been way better off.

5/10
Basically me exact thoughts. 5/10
Mar 25, 2018 5:00 AM
Jun 2017
I SUPER LOVE THIS EPISODE!!! I mean True love wins as Yuzu and Mei is becoming true to their feelings,and thanks for Sara and Nina for helping them realized their feelings for each other..

* That Kiss by Mei and yuzu just made me so happy and contented with the finale. on that episode alone you know how they like each other.

*that holding hands of them is great!!! they are really feeling it!!!

beautiful last episode... thanks citrus for having a worth to watch series...
Mar 25, 2018 7:03 AM

Feb 2014
Damn... i've read the manga and watching this i didn't know it was this bad.

Why whenever they want to do a more serious slice-of-life and romantic yuri they fail so hard? This was a painful to watch. =/

Always adding out of the blue new characters to keep up the stupid melodrama *sigh*

Yuzu and Harumi was the only worth characters. The rest....
MEI: "Now i'll give what YOU want.." - for always supporting me, here, take my body, it's what you want, so I'll be paying off my debts from you- Basically it sounded like that.

I love yuri, but I'm still not a fanboy... and this was... ><
So unfair with Girl Friends. The best yuri manga I've ever read not getting an anime.

3-4/10

Mich666 said:
That was probably the most pathetic, cliche and forced shoujo-ai anime I've seen lately. Most of the characters were annoying as hell.

Glad it's finally over. Now back to playing heavenly Sono Hanabira series.

4/10

Agree.
Now I need to play a bit of Sono Hanabira to make me better.
TechOtakuMar 25, 2018 7:09 AM
Mar 25, 2018 8:06 AM

Apr 2013
Animation, Script, Music - This is a good show. No doubt about that. Not sure why but I'm not satisfied with the whole thing. Final arc's kinda weak. I hope that there will be a continuation.

Mar 25, 2018 9:25 AM

Feb 2015
Good series overall. It had its issues with some of the characters, inconsistent pace and tone. But I suppose the relationship ended up being handled quite well, and certain moments were engaging and enjoyable. I think a low 7/10 seems fair. I don't really want a season 2. It doesn't particularly need one because this open-canon ending worked quite well. If they went for a season 2 they'd probably just over-complicate things and fail to get new progression for the relationship.
Mar 25, 2018 10:12 AM

Aug 2008
Glad this one's over, the series starting out with some promise but I feel the characters became so under developed that I began to dislike them, specially Mei. Yuzu was a good character but the romance just seemed forced for the sake of the plot.

Plus, none of the scenes in the intro happened which was a let down.
Mar 25, 2018 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
I felt this series was just average. The characters just seems plain and dont stand out as much than what you would find in a typical slice of life or just making out friend kiss.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2018 2:33 PM

Jul 2013
Well, I enjoyed it. It was overall a pretty faithful adaptation of the manga and the changes it did were good. Not a big fan of the art, though. And I hate to be that one person, but I thought many things felt sillier or more shallow on the anime...? I dunno. But still, good adaptation.
Too bad it ended on the worst arc. But the anime handled it a bit better than the manga, I guess.

6/10 or 7/10.
Mar 25, 2018 3:15 PM
Jul 2013
im happy to have a new yuri but? not like this.
I feel like Mei only wound up with Yuzu because Sara wanted her to. Her sister made her hold hands with Yuzu. She didn't even kiss Yuzu in reply to her confession.. her bear did. Mei showed 0 emotion about being with her, it doesn't feel genuine. It's reluctant and forced.
Mar 25, 2018 3:34 PM
Dec 2013
AmericaWasntLost said:
She didn't even kiss Yuzu in reply to her confession.. her bear did. Mei showed 0 emotion about being with her, it doesn't feel genuine.

i mean, its not like we got a close up of her embarassed face or anything
Mar 25, 2018 5:09 PM

Sep 2013
It was nice, way better than the manga readers keep complaining about these 2 arcs.
9/10, that male teacher was unnecessary and yuzu relapsing on why she loves mei was bad too.
Mar 25, 2018 8:56 PM
Feb 2018
varrick said:
I get the shit this anime is getting but as a yuri fan I still enjoyed the show. With any anime where a yuri relationship is at the forefront I will always be willing to push aside any unsatisfactory details and nonetheless be satisfied overall.

For some more pointed criticism though I really didn't like the whole twins arc in the anime or the manga. First of all it's just cringy how much importance Sara places on Mei, like ... you saw her, thought she was hot, and immediately jump to "this girl is my destiny". She also acts like she's known Mei her whole life by saying "she's mature" and blah blah blah. Vice versa it's also cringy that Mei said "I don't want to lose you" to Sara like she's some really important person in her life. Bitch you've known her for like a day.

Continuing my rant, it also kind of made me mad that Yuzu kept saying things like "I was the one pushing Mei away" at Christmas (when they were about to get freaky). Mei made it sound like she was only doing what she was doing because Yuzu wanted it. I mean, she said something like "this is what you've been wanting". Why should Yuzu accept that? Yuzu had no reason to believe Mei actually wanted to do freaky things with her.

But I digress. I eat this shit up, and highly recommend you all to read the manga (except the latest chapter, seriously, don't read it).

Completely agree. The story gets more genuine and relatable after this (in the manga). But, if the whole story had ended with this arc I would feel that it was just another empty and superficial story where love is created by mere sight.
Mar 26, 2018 1:49 AM
Mar 2018
Who else really liked the two bridge scenes?

Them being apart, dawn time

Them being together, night time
Mar 26, 2018 3:13 AM
Oct 2015
well that was ok...i guess for a first timer in watching Yuri Anime although I doubt that I'll watch the 2nd season of this in the future
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any hope for season 2?

DwaipayanH - Mar 3

15 by Sammango »»
Mar 8, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

108 by JeremiahOrange »»
Jan 31, 4:13 AM

» prediction: your first reaction will be "I'm disappointed" ( 1 2 )

GangsterCat - Nov 28, 2016

60 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

157 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:18 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

126 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.