Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2018 2:00 AM

Apr 2009
i will miss these girls because they use to cheer me up after i drop Marchen Madchen
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Mar 23, 2018 2:02 AM

May 2017
I'll forever be missing a piece of myself because this show is over. Goodbye Outclub.
Mar 23, 2018 2:07 AM

May 2016
THIS IS MASTERPIECE ANIME, I NEED SEASON 2 !!!
Mar 23, 2018 2:09 AM

Oct 2013
Easily one of my favourite shows of the past 12 months! It has been a very wholesome and comforting show to watch. Without a doubt, I have been encouraged to go camping in Japan at some point in the future (hopefully not too distant).

Would love a season 2 where the girls are in university - that could definitely be very interesting.
The world’s not perfect, but it’s there for us trying the best it can. That’s what makes it so damn beautiful.
Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Mar 23, 2018 3:12 AM

Jan 2017
This is just so great. I'll miss Rin and Nadeshiko :(( Second season please.
Mar 23, 2018 5:43 AM
Jul 2018
Can't believe it already finished, hope we'll see Season 2. Also, it's far better than i thought before airing.
Mar 23, 2018 5:46 AM

Jul 2015
I was thinking it was nice to know their futures are secure and they all still hook up for camping, though I also knew there was a good chance it was just a dream... Then they started talking about Nadeshiko and... yeah... Anyway, were here...unfortunately. The last episode. The last winter camping trip. The last bath scene. The last pout. The last SHIMARIN BUN. It's sad, this is definitely something I could have a second season of and I'm gonna miss this anime a whole lot.

This anime has been absolutely fantastic. It's been so long since I felt so good about a Moe Slice-of-Life like this, it's so full of fun and joy that touches my heart just right. Made even better with a nice cup of coffee. The characters were an absolute blast to watch the entire time and were all adorable in their own way, the sights were pretty damn good to see and it makes me really happy I got this anime in a higher quality than I usually do. I learned a lot about camping thanks to them and that Narrator guy with that SMEXY grandpa voice of his. And for the first time in years, I actually kind of want to go outside... haven't seen the sun in a long time... This is a perfect 10/10 for me.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 23, 2018 5:50 AM

Nov 2012
Nice book-ends. Also damn that coincidence.

D E E P E S T L O R E
E
E
P
E
S
T
L
O
R
E
SeaJaegerMar 23, 2018 5:55 AM

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Mar 23, 2018 6:23 AM
Jan 2018
Gonna miss this anime a lot! Easily the best SoL anime this season. Possible candidate for AOTY. I mean, I can't even begin to answer how many things the anime got it right! From the story, a relaxing and interesting storyline, to the very beautiful art, to the soothing and calming music and osts, to the characters themselves, they're either a perfect 10 to a 9/10. I think since this anime has ended, other anime will find it hard to compare to this piece of art of an anime for seasons to come!

Mar 23, 2018 7:08 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I'm gonna miss this anime. Truly the most precious gem of winter 2018. Hoping for a second season.
Mar 23, 2018 7:09 AM

Jul 2010
Definitely loved it. My AOTS.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Mar 23, 2018 7:13 AM

Sep 2013
It's over :'(
Nice call back at the end to rin setting up her camp, nadeshiko is precious :'(
10/10 comfy
Mar 23, 2018 8:02 AM

Feb 2008
A fine final touch to an excellent series.

The time skip skit was an intriguing idea. It was truly bewildering, until Nadeshiko showed up. Then again, it may have not been as far-fetched as it seemed...

Ah, I will be missing the show.
Mar 23, 2018 8:20 AM

Jul 2017
Alright show I guess. 5/10 seems about right.
Mar 23, 2018 8:22 AM

Sep 2017
Heart warming anime. So relaxing and so good.
Mar 23, 2018 8:41 AM

May 2011
One of the most comfy and enjoyable Anime I've watch in a while. Instant favorite, will definitely re-watch.
Mar 23, 2018 8:53 AM

Feb 2017
So sad it ended. It was really relaxing to watch this show every week, good stress reliever. Looking forward to the specials.
Mar 23, 2018 9:33 AM

Apr 2017
Every good anime had to end... I never felt this sad before though. This show really puts everything together as perfect as possible.
The pacing, animation, scenery, voice acting, music, story, and so on.
We really need S2 ASAP.

Seems most of my personal best animes came in Winter. Its been a three times hit in a row (2016-2017-2018).
Time to finish Toji no Miko...
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Mar 23, 2018 9:54 AM

Nov 2017
Season 2 please. I want see them as an adult and camp together again. 10/10
Mweeheehee
NdudMar 23, 2018 10:12 AM

Mar 23, 2018 10:45 AM
Oct 2017
Comfiness/10

see you in next winter (hopefully)
Mar 23, 2018 11:20 AM

Jul 2014
i hate when the really nice anime like this should over T____T
I really hope for second season, and i am sure we can get it based on how much the popularity this anime gets, besides the blu-ray sells still on the top of ranking...

gonna miss this gang..

10/10
Mar 23, 2018 12:28 PM

Sep 2014
I feel empty now. I never before wanted a season to last forever. Season 2 please!

Damn, I would even watch a movie of this.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 23, 2018 1:28 PM

Nov 2011
Had its moments, can't say i enjoyed it as much as everyone else.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 23, 2018 2:42 PM

Sep 2015
Man this is so good 10/10 for me. First SoL where I loved every episode, shed a couple tears when this ended. Loved the way it ended though with Rin and Nade camping together where they first met. My AOTS
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 23, 2018 2:56 PM

May 2017
-SkyFiRe- said:
Season 2 please. I want see them as an adult and camp together again. 10/10
Mweeheehee

IMaybe Crunchyroll is tryna tell us something? >_>

Mar 23, 2018 3:10 PM

Feb 2007
Sensei sure has been bad influence on Chiaki in that fantasy... That flying tent, though. :D But honestly, apart from Nadeshiko's delusions of grandeur, I could well see that happening.

Ha, I knew it was a girl!

Back To The Future?

Benefits of a tiny club room. :D

Ah, such a nice ending. And Nadeshiko pretty much mirrored Rin from the first ep there, with only a few details differing. ^_^
Mar 23, 2018 4:15 PM

Sep 2011
Ah, it ended :(
The 10-years-later scene scared me for a moment. I didn't expect there to be such a huge jump so suddenly :'D
I'm so happy they fully embraced the idea of the Shimarin bun :D

Such a lovely series. The best way to describe it is the one we all use here: comfy~
It really grew on my since episode one, with Rin being the charming girl she is. I would have been content with just only her traveling and solo camping, but the others (especially Nadeshiko) complemented each other really well.
I can't stress enough how happy I am that they didn't immediately throw away Rin's solo campings. I feel like they showed a message that doing something alone is not in any way worse than doing it with others, since both of them can be quite relaxing in their own way.
The scenery (especially all the locations taken from real life) and the music were naturally breathtaking, and all the camping tips just made it better, without being annoying or boring.
One of the the things that made me like this so much was the outstanding job the seiyuus did. They were all very lively, and reading all the messages aloud made it even better (like with Rin and Saitou's jokes).
Rin was obviously best girl for me :D and I've even made her my #10 favorite character (at least for now). Something about her (both inside and outside) is just too charming and enjoyable to watch. She was designed very well.

I've always liked iyashikei anime, but only a few of them were relaxing enough to make me love them (K-On!, Usagi Drop anime, and Non Non Biyori). I feel like Yuru Camp deserves a 10/10 from me, which is quite rare, and only the anime I truly love or which I feel like are special to me in a way get this score :)
I hope there'll be a 2nd season some day, this show deserves it.
RazielZeroMar 23, 2018 4:20 PM
Mar 23, 2018 4:50 PM

May 2012
LittleStar said:
"Back to the Future"?

That was my immediate reaction as well. You can't really miss Doc's hair.

Does anyone know what anime show Nadeshiko refers to as being shown every summer? I was wondering what it is and whether I had seen it.

I probably preferred Sora yori mo Tori Basho a bit more than Yuru Camp though I got tired of the focus on adolescent angst down the stretch in Sora yori. At least the girls are out on the ice now!
Mar 23, 2018 5:37 PM
Oct 2017
I don't know if it's an illusion but, it seems to me that Rin's size has grown over the episodes
Mar 23, 2018 5:44 PM

Jan 2015
Nice and comfy show. 7/10
Mar 23, 2018 7:07 PM
✿。

Apr 2012
Haha, I was confused at the beginning and started to believe that a time skip has happened but then a rocket tent appeared and I was like nope, totally not true!

I didn’t have much expectations when I first started watching Yuru Camp, but I ended up really liking it!
I love the relaxing atmosphere of it! Will miss this show for sure ;;
Looking forward to the specials!!

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Mar 23, 2018 8:01 PM

Nov 2009
adios yurucamp, it's been fun
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Mar 23, 2018 8:10 PM

Oct 2010
Well, it's over. Actually it was since yesterday but I honestly didn't find the right way to put my thoughts in words. This anime has reached so high during its run, I look back in retrospect and I can't believe I almost missed it and only got to watch it because I felt like trying stuff from the season at random.

This show has a lot of heart in it. It's one of those things you can't properly explain but it's there, as something intangible in the execution of its moments or as something clear and tangible in the words of the director or the anecdotes of the staff. It transcends to the way characters are treated, like people with agency and dynamic relationships far beyond their trope; to the art, with beautiful landscapes and perfect framing; to the music, with a lovable soundtrack, the right track for each moment and perhaps more important, knowing when to use it and when not; to the pacing, perfectly observational, quiet and healing; to the philosophy of the show, one of soothing reward after the struggle, that doesn't shy away from showing the disadvantages of camping, only to achieve a more effective and healing contrast by the end.

This last episode is a gem. It was very hard for a series this solid and with such a clear idea of what to do and how to do it to screw up here, but that doesn't detract from the merits of bringing such a perfect closure to the story. Every scene is filled with an inevitable mood of melancholy, and the episode cleverly juxtaposes the end of the year theme with the end of the season to add to the mood in a way that doesn't compromise the essentially happy and cozy, and perfectly mundane atmosphere of the episode.

I loved every bit of this last episode. I even felt at the verge of crying during some scenes, for this particular mix of cozy, funny and melancholic. The sunrise and everything around that entire sequence is as iconic as that other sequence of Rin and Nadeshiko sharing scenery in episode 5. It's one of the most beautifully crafted moments in Yuru Camp and that is saying a lot. The scene of the night conversation between Rin and Nadeshiko was pure mood. I love the way they approach each other, the little details like Rin quietly observing her own condensed breath, the music, oh my God the music. And the final sequence, so perfect, so significant, a full circle that provides a satisfying and tangible sense of character growth and exchange. Paralleling the first episode was really sweet and the delivery of that final moment was seriously amazing and it totally had me in tears in rewatch. It's not too often that I can claim that the conclusion of a show hits all the right notes and this one did in a way that will take me long to forget.

This episode was the cherry on the top, the best way to say goodbye to this amazing journey, and I can't fully express how much I loved this finale and how absolutely blessed I feel for having watched this series in its entirety.
jal90Mar 23, 2018 8:15 PM
Mar 23, 2018 10:57 PM

Oct 2008
I really got trolled by the first part! I really though that was a time skip! but it was all just Nadeshiko-chan's imagination! lolz
That sunrise from mt. Fuji was extremely beautiful! as well as the OST!
on the end i thought both of them go different ways of solo camping but seems like solo camper Shimarin likes be with a companion which is the most improved camper Nadeshiko!
5/5.
7/10.

Mar 24, 2018 12:31 AM

Mar 2013
Wonderful SoL Series, one of the most relaxing series i've ever watched.... That beginning tho', I thought It was real for a second.
Gonna miss the series for sure.

9/10 Overall
Mar 24, 2018 3:05 AM

Dec 2014
I was interested in this show before it started airing but in the end it just wasn't for me. It's not a bad show but it felt like it was missing something for it to become a good one.

5/10
Mar 24, 2018 6:14 AM
Mar 2018
No matter how cute this show is don't forget about the advertisers in Japan. They rule the industry and don't care about your American subscriptions.

Besides that I enjoyed the whole series. Would love a season 2.
Mar 24, 2018 6:18 AM

Nov 2017
Wonderful anime :) but in these last 2 episodes, it's kind of....i cant say it into words....but somehow i feel a miss, compared to the previous camp scenes, that is. But the very last scene about Nadeshiko going solo camp, that miss is gone. A wonderful ending ~ i end this anime with a smile.
Mar 24, 2018 7:53 AM

Jan 2015
Mar 24, 2018 8:14 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013

I'll miss this wonderful show. Watching this show at night before bed, it really helps falling asleep peacefully. Their fun outdoor adventures and silly moments. There was never a dull moment and overall the characters were lovable. It was very cool to see the different places they went to, the various dishes they made and scenery. And in the end Nadeshiko bought that lantern lol
Nadeshiko's reaction to getting a job :)
The OP/ED has this soothing tone that fit the show perfectly. One of my all time favorites. Really hope for a second season. Overall I'll give it a 10/10, there really isn't nothing negative to say because i personally enjoyed every minute of it.

Mar 24, 2018 9:38 AM

Feb 2013
I loved this so much that I actually ordered a soundtrack and key chain. The first time I bought anime merchandise. Gonna follow with manga.
Mar 24, 2018 10:06 AM

Apr 2014
i want and need a season 2 of this series was such a good and comfy watch

i pretty much waited till all the eps was out to watch it but i enjoyed every ep

so am really hoping more anime for this series will come soon!
"one step at a time"
Mar 24, 2018 10:30 AM

Apr 2016
I'm gonna miss this sooo much. Makes you wanna go camping
Mar 24, 2018 11:26 AM

Jan 2013
loved watching anime with same hobbies 23 mountain per year! ^^ i want a bathroom on a mountain too. lucky bastards :)
Pyon2WarpKunMar 24, 2018 11:29 AM
Mar 24, 2018 2:12 PM

Feb 2015
Really loved this anime. It's been said time and time again but it was so cosy and I really like the characters. Lots of things indicate potential for Season 2 - prospect of new club room, Nadeshiko to work, the fact this anime has done quite well in Japan (I believe). I sure hope so at least!
Mar 24, 2018 3:41 PM

Nov 2016
I will miss this anime. This anime made me relax whenever I watched it, so good. I like the dog too, so cute
Mar 24, 2018 4:13 PM
Mar 2016
Finally have time to post my final thoughts on this show now thats its ended, so here we go.

Very nice ending with Nadeshiko reenacting the first scence of the first episode and meeting Rin there.

I really liked this anime for how it portrays it's atmoshpere in every location they go to. Characters are also animated well during comidic scenes. All the characters though, except Rin, aren't really interesting and can be described in a few words or in a archetype. If you seen enough slice of life or CGDCT shows then you'll understand. They do have some funny moments though.

On to the topic of Rin, I think she is the best written character of the show and probably now one of my favorite characters of this genre. Usually, Rin's character type, the introverted, shy, loner, etc, gets forced into a situation that has them join a club or group of friends that enjoy the same hobby or interest. Yuru camp is different, as all the chracters respect Rin's choice of wanting to enjoy her hobby by herself. Rin gets used to having Nadeshiko around during some of the camping trips and to the idea of camping with a bigger group. Even after all of this, Rin still decides to not join the club and continue to solo camp, sometimes with Nadeshiko.

I also like Rin because she's one of the few, if not only character that I know who can make the show enjoyable without any character interaction. Her monologues and thoughts are cute and nice to listen to, her actions such as running and chopping wood are cute too. When she does have interactions with characters, mainly with Nadeshiko and Ena, she is able to play along with their jokes, showing that she knows how to socialize with people. Also her moe moments are also funny, such as "look what I bought" lol.

Moving on to the rest of the characters. Nadeshiko is the cheerful genki girl done right, not too over bearing, Ena is lazy and likes to play pranks, Aoi, who I really wanted to like because of her mouth and design as a whole, left me disappointed as she is one of those reliable big sister and sometimes trollish type of characters. Chiaki, who I never really cared for to be honest, is one of those overexaggerated comic relief characters who weren't that funny besides the "You have a family!" Scene and that cooking for Nadeshiko's family scene. Side characters like Nadeshiko's sister don't have much going on except for Toba sensei. Her drunk scenes we're really funny the first time but it wasn't as good as the second time, mainly because she was off to the side. I haven't read the manga but I feel that she can be just as good of a character as Sawako sensei from K-on! If there's a second season or if the manga does this she have a better relationship with each of the girls and play off her drunk scenes better.

I want to give this show a 8 but as I said before the characters are kind of weak except for Rin so I'll give this a 7/10. It's almost Non Non Biyori levels of good scince they share that same levels of atmosphere but Yuru Camp's characters aren't as good to watch as that NNB's main and even side characters.

PS can't wait for Rin's nendoroid to come out, I already pre ordered Nadeshiko's!
Mar 24, 2018 5:38 PM
Jul 2017
I'm pretty sure Nadeshiko could develop a flying tent if she put her mind to it.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Mar 25, 2018 1:43 AM

Mar 2018
Ok, it took me 2 days to set a perfect atmosphere to watch this last episode without restrictions nor interruptions and half a day to write this review because I wanted my avatar picture to be shown (it turns out I thought the profile pic and the forum avatar were the same thing, newbie thing I guess).

It will be long so here I come...

At first I thought Rin was coming back from buying the gas but then I saw the bike, I saw Rin with a different haircut, and everyone else different and I got confused because I thought we were having that breakfast from Nadeshiko instead of a time skip but as soon as Nadeshiko was mentioned as someone succesful with her own brand I started to think it was all a dream, wasn't so far because it was a fantasy about the future (though I must say all of the girl's future versions were gorgeous... Even when Nadeshiko was kinda the same but she's already gorgeous, well, everyone of them X3) and flying tent from op spotted.

Then we get back to where we left off and Rin was just coming back, being recieved by Nadeshiko and then the op starts; this time I listen the whole op because I cut them everytime to save some time, I just hear the whole op and ed the first and last episode and that made me realize we were on the last ep and set my mind to it so maybe I became somewhat more emotional.

The op ends and Chikuwa leaves because a chihuahua can't be in such a cold place :(. Then the girls go and take the hot bath they've been waiting in 2 groups, Chiaki smirks at something I thought it was going to be a boob grab (out of place on this anime) but then nothing, later on I found out it was her trying to recruit Saitou but failing because she's a lazy one XD.

While the first group is bathing Rin and Nadeshiko find out that the one camping with Toba sensei was her sister (I actually thought she was a he at first too XD), then comes Nadeshiko disbelief on Chiaki's gender even tho she knows she's a girl GREAT XD. The second group starts their bath and then the Shibire lake theme comes and Rin remember that creature she saw that night and scared her, while sensei is clueless enjoying herself.

We got a Shimarin Dango song!! Why no one in here is talking about that commercial? XD now I want to try a Rin shaped bun, and Nadeshiko now wants a bun too but she got a cactus instead and we got the new version of the first episode pic "Oyoyo?". Loved the way they thank Rin as if they were little girls! My sugar on blood raised at that moment. That Back to the Future cameo tho, totally unexpected; Chiaki had a nice idea taking her tablet to watch videos even tho everyone wants to watch their own thing, then everyone goes to sleep except for Nadeshiko and Rin seems like Toba sensei was already sleeping :9.

Then the pre-sleep talk between Rin and Nadeshiko starts, I wanna know what anime is Nadeshiko refering to :/, and I guess the bikes one was a made up anime? Pure girl needs job Rin believes in UFOs, now I like her even more :), pure girl is sleepy and wants to camp more with Rin the next year and Rin smirks at it and says she wants to :') (I know it's not a yuri anime but MY OTP!!).

Rin's an early bird, she looks nice without combing her hair >w<, Nadeshiko still a sleepy head but she thinks she slept for a whole week, that's too much XD; she she wakes up so she can cook the breakfast, everyone wakes up for breakfast and grandma Nadeshiko is back for a second, that food sure looks tasty, the sunrise brings a great look at Mt. Fuji but seeing the girls bathed with the morning light made me shed a tear :'). Now it's the packing up to get back home.

Rin fantasizes at work about camping the New Year's Eve, she didn't even realize Saitou was the one "buying" that winter camping magazine, everyone's busy for New Year and pure girl is sad because she still can't find a job, that's untill Rin text her and then Saitou saying she got a job for her, that makes pure girl happy and so everyone else X3.

The the ed starts and I'm surprised because the fansub I use to watch anime put the karaoke and the translation, the scenes pass, we see the characters that showed up and then the wall with all the pictures, I started to cry while looking at the last one getting zoomed being the one from the first episode... I knew I would cry, I wrote it on the past episode review :'( (I thought we were getting the full version of the ed here but that wasn't the case). Now we see Nadeshiko biking through a familiar path, getting to a familiar location and doing familiar things with some differences, oh! She bought that lantern from some episodes ago! Rin starts to text Nadeshiko and then surprises because she's solo camping as she is, then Nadeshiko comes up with showing the pictures of the places where they're camping and when she sees the Rin pic... She just can't hold herself and goes with her, I also cried a little bit there :')

Well, everything was so comfy, so good, so heartwarming that I really felt like something precious was being taking from me at the ending of the episode because the season is over (tho I read we're having specials), this anime is a gem for me and that ending just put the ribbon on so I can give someone this precious and delightful gift; nothing to complaint except that it's over, gonna miss this show, no doubt about it, it will be my AotS.

1000000/10

Jaeger07 said:
Nice book-ends. Also damn that coincidence.

It was on purpose XD
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline 😅
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Yuru Camp the most popular anime in this season! xD

Lolikon_Extrem - Mar 11, 2018

14 by Zedlin »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

133 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 11, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

116 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 11, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

107 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 10, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

106 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 9, 8:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.