Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 19, 2018 7:26 AM

Nov 2007

Four new anime projects were announced by production company Twin Engine namely new anime adaptation of Dororo, Babylon, Pet, and Vinland Saga. The previously announced Karakuri Circus anime is also a part of the studio's upcoming lineup. The broadcast information will be revealed later, but it has already announced that all of these anime will be available on Amazon Prime Video. Additionally, Twin Engine will have booths and stages at this year's AnimeJapan featuring the final episode screening of Kokkoku, talk shows for Golden Kamuy featuring the cast members, Karakuri Circus featuring the staff members and the upcoming Penguin Highway anime film featuring the staff members.

Karakuri Circus
A new key visual and teaser PV have been revealed for the upcoming Karakuri Circus TV anime. Studio VOLN will animate the adaptation.

Teaser

Dororo
In collaboration with studio MAPPA and Tezuka Productions, Osamu Tezuka's four-volume manga will receive a new anime adaptation. The manga was serialized under Kodansha's Shounen Sunday magazine from August 1967 to July 1968. A full TV anime series helmed by director Gisaburou Sugii (Glass no Kamen) was broadcast in 1988 by Mushi Production, succeeding a 14-minute pilot film of the series. North American publisher Vertical Inc. published the manga in single and omnibus editions in 2008 and 2012, respectively. Discotek Media has released both the TV anime and special as a complete collection in 2016.

Synopsis
A samurai lord has bartered away his newborn son's organs to forty-eight demons in exchange for dominance on the battlefield. Yet, the abandoned infant survives thanks to a medicine man who equips him with primitive prosthetics—lethal ones with which the wronged son will use to hunt down the multitude of demons to reclaim his body one piece at a time, before confronting his father. On his journeys the young hero encounters an orphan who claims to be the greatest thief in Japan. (Source: Vertical Inc.)

Teaser

Official site: https://dororo-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @dororo_anime

Babylon
Mado Nozaki's Babylon novel series receives an anime in cooperation with an up-and-coming studio REVOROOT. Kodansha Taiga has been publishing the novel with three volumes released so far.

Synopsis
Zen Seizaki, a public prosecutor at Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office, is investigating a case of illegal clinical research related to a drug company and a university. During the investigation, he finds a file that Shin Inaba, an anesthesiologist, kept, which includes blood that is mixed with hair, skin, and a paper written with letter F. As he investigates, he realized there's a hidden plot that is connected with a huge election as well as to a certain person who is in charge of it.

Teaser

Official site: https://babylon-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @babylon_anime

Pet
The previously announced project of director Takahiro Omori at Geno Studio has been revealed as the adaptation of Ranjou Miyake's remastered edition of Pet manga. Furthermore, it has been revealed that Sadayuki Murai will handle the anime's series composition.

Synopsis
There are people who can get into people's mind and control their memories. This power is used to eradicate mysteries and cases or worse, to assassinate. The potential of the said power is strong enough that it is able to destroy people's mind, however, can backfire and eat up their own heart. To counter it, chains are used to lock and protect each other's weak and dangerous heart. From one's growing fear and disdain, they're consequently called as a "Pet."

Teaser

Official site: https://pet-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @pet_anime

Vinland Saga
The viking-themed manga by Makoto Yukimura receives an anime adaptation by Wit Studio. The manga began serialization in Kodansha's monthly Afternoon magazine since July 2005 and has accumulated more than five million published copies. Kodansha Comics has been releasing the manga as 2-in-1 omnibuses since October 2013.

Synopsis
For a thousand years, the Vikings have made quite a name and reputation for themselves as the strongest families with a thirst for violence. Thorfinn, the son of one of the Vikings' greatest warriors, spends his boyhood in a battlefield enhancing his skills in his adventure to redeem his most-desired revenge after his father was murdered.

Teaser

Official site: https://vinlandsaga.jp/
Official Twitter: @V_SAGA_ANIME

Source: animate Times

Karakuri Circus, Dororo, Babylon, Pet, and Vinland Saga on MAL
Sakana-sanJan 13, 2019 12:05 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 19, 2018 7:27 AM

Apr 2016
Well, let's wait and see how many of those will be actually worth.
Mar 19, 2018 7:27 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I think i fucking love Twin Engine now.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 19, 2018 7:28 AM

Jul 2015
Anime is fucking saved

God bless wit studio
Mar 19, 2018 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
Mmmmmm yes. I hope at least one of those will broadcast this year.
Mar 19, 2018 7:29 AM

Apr 2017
Holy Sh*t what a line-up..!!! MOFOS indeed!!

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Mar 19, 2018 7:30 AM

Feb 2012
Wow, Vinland Saga anime announced.

This can't be the real life.
Mar 19, 2018 7:37 AM

Apr 2011
Vinland Saga better have at least a 100 episodes. If they are going to try to cover that in a one-or two cour anime, they will fail prematurely.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Mar 19, 2018 7:41 AM

Nov 2011
Twin Engine got a lot of good work on their hands in particular Vinland Saga. It's about time this got an anime adaptation, long overdue.
Mar 19, 2018 7:42 AM

Jul 2014
Dororo, Pet and Vinland Saga all sound right up my alley, so I'll be eagerly waiting for them to air.
Mar 19, 2018 7:43 AM

May 2009
Twin Engine is production studio not animation so hold your horses.
Mar 19, 2018 7:45 AM
Jan 2016
Oh, Studio Voln? Nice. I did not enjoy Ushio & Tora, but the visuals & animation definitely the strongest aspects.

Dororo's PV was definitely something. Strong cinematography, I must say.

Pet is probably the one I am most excited about out of all these. The staff are solid enough, & the premise is quite unique.
Mar 19, 2018 7:45 AM

Apr 2009
Dororo and Vinland Saga, that is just straight fire.

Lestat- said:
Vinland Saga better have at least a 100 episodes. If they are going to try to cover that in a one-or two cour anime, they will fail prematurely.

The prologue arc up to chapter 53 is perfect for a self-contained 2 cour anime.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 19, 2018 7:47 AM

Apr 2017
*Imagine if Takemitsuzamurai gets also adapt and has the same counterparts between the beyond tier-animation... like Dororo *

Sasuga... MAPPA
-HippySnob-Mar 19, 2018 7:50 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Mar 19, 2018 7:47 AM

Aug 2015
The day has finally come for a Vinland Saga adaptation. Definitely one of the most wished-for adaptations, hopefully it turns out nicely and faithful to the manga. One thing I'm kinda sceptical about is how much content they'll cover.

Dororo remake is the most surprising on this list to me, never expected to see that considering the manga is 50 years old. PV looks to be animated by Shinya Ohira, what a feast for my eyes.

Others look fairly interesting as well. Takahiro Omori as director of Pet is enough to capture my attention. Promising line-up.

RnDNEET021 said:
*Imagine if Takemitsuzamurai gets also had adapt and has the same counterparts between the beyond tier-animation... like Dororo *

Sasuga... MAPPA

Takemitsuzamurai adapted in the same style shown in the Dororo PV would be fucking fantastic but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.
SignifieMar 19, 2018 7:50 AM
Mar 19, 2018 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
Vinland Saga will be easily AOTY if it's adapted properly(even though we probably won't get Farmland arc animated for now), others like Dororo and Babylon look pretty interesting too.
Mar 19, 2018 7:49 AM

Feb 2017
Shit got real, I hype for Dororo
Mar 19, 2018 7:49 AM

Jul 2010
I have no clue who/what Studio Twin Engine are but I just know that I love them right now.

What a time to be an anime fan.
Mar 19, 2018 7:53 AM
Aug 2017
Btw guys, Twin Engine is major production company that hosts many studios like WIT, Colorido, Geno, and more. But it’s really cool to see them make such a bold step in the industry with all these projects. More info can be found here:

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/04/17/new-anime-studios-founded-by-noitaminas-previous-leader/
Mar 19, 2018 7:54 AM
Jul 2016
Thank Mr. Koji Yamamoto for coming out of Fuji TV [as producer of Noitamina] to found the Twin Engine, and creating his Revoroot and Geno Studio Studios. Remembering that Twin Engine is a studio agglomerator who wants to cooperate or get help in their productions.

Keep an eye out.
Mar 19, 2018 7:56 AM

Jun 2014
Stop it I can only take so much. Twin Engine might become my new favorite producers. I'm very excited for all of these, especially for Vinland Saga and Karakuri Circus.
:3
Mar 19, 2018 8:00 AM
Dec 2015
Holy Shit!!!
I thought AnimeJapan still far away didn't expect a lot of announcement today.

One of My Favourite manga Vinland Saga got anime!!
Can we get Staff and PV yet, probably at AnimeJapan this weekend?

I'm excited for Dororo, that PV was blast, sasuga MAPPA!!
I've heard good things about Pet especially with Omori directed this, oh fuck yes!!

More older manga gots anime, next probably 20th Century Boys
At least, Anime have bright future now...
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Mar 19, 2018 8:09 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Reading the synopsis Dororo, Pet and Vinland Saga were the most interesting one, looking out for it.
Mar 19, 2018 8:11 AM

Dec 2014
First time I've heard of Twin Engine, but I already fucking love these guys.

I'm pretty hyped for Vinland Saga and thank god it's by Wit studio

And Dororo is looking great pretty excited for it
Just̰͙͔͈ͧͣͫͨ́ Mon͓̮͓ͧ̿̅̒͗iͨ̅̇ͤ̑̇͒̚҉̘̪ka͓͕͓̱̯͂͋́͗
Mar 19, 2018 8:11 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Vinland Saga... Oh my fucking god O_O
And it's Wit Studio, the perfect studio for the series. Am I dreaming?
Mar 19, 2018 8:24 AM
Jul 2016
The article is without image. I suggest the editor look for the Twin Engine logo on the Sakuga Blog website. There you can get the company logo.
Mar 19, 2018 8:28 AM
Aug 2017
All of these look very interesting but I'm most hyped about vinland saga geting an anime adaption
Mar 19, 2018 8:34 AM

Dec 2015
My god Wit Studio and Vinland Saga, u rly cant go wrong with this
Mar 19, 2018 8:37 AM

Mar 2012
Dororo and Vinland Saga is gonna be the true AOTY of 2018, we'll see about that.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Mar 19, 2018 8:41 AM

Jul 2009
All of them looks lit af, I'm looking forward.
Finally I have an excuse to read Vinland Saga, and Dororo is giving me shivers.
Mar 19, 2018 8:45 AM
Jun 2014
Lestat- said:

Be more realistic, there's no way it would be that long. A dual cour is perfectly serviceable for adapting the preliminary arc.
Mar 19, 2018 8:46 AM

Sep 2013
Babylon will be the best one.
Mar 19, 2018 8:52 AM

Feb 2015
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

VINLAND SAGA!!!!

I swear to got if this turns into another Berserk 2016, I will quit anime...
Mar 19, 2018 9:14 AM

Jun 2014
I just might check out all 5 of these, they all look pretty interesting. I'm most excited for Dororo (I have a weak spot for samurai stuff) and Vinland Saga, as I've heard good things about this manga.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 19, 2018 9:28 AM

Aug 2016
this is great news. Vinland saga is one of my favorite manga ever. And loved how studio WIT adapted SNK, my favorite anime so far. Cant wait for vinland saga ost!!!!! Hope they give it a middle age-esque vibes in terms of instrument selection and chord progressions.
:v
Mar 19, 2018 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
Twin Engine is a producer, not an animation studio guys xD Hold on. But hey this actually looks pretty damn nice.
Mar 19, 2018 10:17 AM

Apr 2014
Dororo Pv is preanimated and is made by staff unrelated to the TV anime. I hate this practice where they make fake PVs to hype people

The PV was animated by Takuji Miyamoto and he's already implied he won't work on the actual show. He said he was hired just to animate the Pv.
Z4KMar 19, 2018 10:23 AM
Mar 19, 2018 10:44 AM

Nov 2008
They're saving anime, guys! Twin Engine has made a name for itself with these announcements!!
Mar 19, 2018 11:04 AM

Feb 2015
Awsm anime lineup..wit studio doing Vinland Saga...good times sure r coming up
Just if some good studio did vagabond anime..
Mar 19, 2018 11:40 AM

Aug 2015
Pray to fucking god Vinland Saga isn't censored to all hell. Also praying for a season 2 past the prologue.
Mar 19, 2018 11:56 AM

Oct 2017
OMG.... Vinland Saga done by WIT was my dream adaptation recently after reading the manga just a few weeks ago thank you WIT please do your best on this new favorite of mine. I never ever expected this manga to get an anime I hope I am not dreaming.
BilboBaggins365Mar 19, 2018 12:01 PM
Mar 19, 2018 12:21 PM

Feb 2011
Z4k said:
Dororo Pv is preanimated and is made by staff unrelated to the TV anime. I hate this practice where they make fake PVs to hype people

The PV was animated by Takuji Miyamoto and he's already implied he won't work on the actual show. He said he was hired just to animate the Pv.

Wow, that's just cheap.
Mar 19, 2018 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
Meh, not interested in any of those animes. Good for the fans I suppose but I don't like sausage-fest seinen.
Mar 19, 2018 12:44 PM

Dec 2014
Vinland Saga? Holy shit! I've heard a lot about the manga and I'm really looking forward to this.
Mar 19, 2018 12:49 PM

Dec 2015
I'm pretty sure I've played a game a long long time ago that was just like Dororo. Nevertheless I'm very curious about the upcoming anime.

If there's someone that can animate Vinland Saga's stunning art into anime, then that's definitely Wit Studio. I have very high expectations of them.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 19, 2018 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
Twin Engine has sure good taste in Anime.

I just hope Vinland saga gets a proper faithful adaptation!
removed-userMar 19, 2018 1:14 PM
Mar 19, 2018 1:18 PM

Mar 2015
That's some great news!

I was always kind of interested in Vinland saga but I was still hesitant to read it, but now that there is an anime coming, I guess I'll watch it first and see If It Interest me enough to read the manga.
Dororo and Karakuri Circus also seems Good.
Mar 19, 2018 2:01 PM

Mar 2015
It a good tendency to animate a older manga, than a make with machine gun speed adaptation about isekai stuff to promote a novel. Now, please animate such manga: Eden: it's an endless world (movie format would be more appropriate), Liar Game (live action is too original, even though Matsuda Shota are even better Akiyama, than original), 20th Century Boys (i don't want to watch the movies) or Billy Bat, Hentai Kamen (movies are fun, but all budget gone into making spider-manlike eyes).
Mar 19, 2018 3:11 PM

Mar 2014
Damn! Nice!
All of these look really interesting at the very least, and some of them look incredible!
Just look at the quality of the animation in that Dororo trailer!
Definitely a fan of this studio already.
::End of Transmission::

Mar 19, 2018 3:12 PM

Aug 2016
Z4k said:

make a mal page to this man
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

3 by DafuqBOOM »»
22 minutes ago

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

9 by Memore »»
49 minutes ago

» Visual Novel '9' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 29

16 by nachomaxo1 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - May 30

3 by Swagernator »»
5 hours ago

» 'Natsume Yuujinchou' TV Anime Gets Seventh Season ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Jun 30, 2023

50 by Royal_Devils1 »»
Yesterday, 4:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.