Forum Settings
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 26, 2018 3:40 PM
Apr 2017
I used to love NGNL TV series with Shiro and Sora, and was really hyped about this one. Couldn't wait longer to actually watch it. So I did. Is it some manga adaptation or whatever for the japanese... uhm... market exclusively and for manga lovers and weebs who have read everything related to it? Because it's like nothing compared to the TV series. Can not stand it as an independent anime which I could understand and enjoy without reading a bunch of the original manga. Boring. Seems like I should've already known about the characters, world, story, and what is going on. Shame really. I won't be so hyped about anything anymore I think.
StreamWhenGuyFeb 26, 2018 3:45 PM
Feb 26, 2018 4:22 PM

Oct 2015
KamisantaLolz said:
I used to love NGNL TV series with Shiro and Sora, and was really hyped about this one. Couldn't wait longer to actually watch it. So I did. Is it some manga adaptation or whatever for the japanese... uhm... market exclusively and for manga lovers and weebs who have read everything related to it? Because it's like nothing compared to the TV series. Can not stand it as an independent anime which I could understand and enjoy without reading a bunch of the original manga. Boring. Seems like I should've already known about the characters, world, story, and what is going on. Shame really. I won't be so hyped about anything anymore I think.
If you were hyped to see Sora and Shiro, well, you are just uninformed and went to the movie with blind, unrealistic expectations. This has been confirmed as a prequel for over a year, and the characters being different was also announced there.
Feb 26, 2018 4:32 PM

May 2009
The "Zero" in the title is an obvious giveaway for it being a prequel... and it is canon. It adapts the 6th volume of the LN and no, even LN readers didn't know anything about Riku and Shuvi and whatnot.

The Story is so far in the past that it has become a Myth and Tet is telling that Story.
Feb 26, 2018 4:58 PM

Jun 2012
We know pal, lack of information with a tall expectation is always agonizing. You probably wouldn't even understood the movie even if you tried reading it's "manga".
Feb 27, 2018 3:08 PM
Jan 2015
Well I knew that it's basically a spinoff (I can't really call it a prequel because there are 0 similar characters), but I'm still dissapointed...
It all feels so rushed and almost impossible to understand wtf happens because of that, lovestory of that guy and machine looks like a bad rushed joke also.
Well, at least animation is pretty good, but it's almost the only good thing about this anime.
Hope that we will see actual 2nd season and not this again.
Feb 27, 2018 4:08 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I never read the light novels and completely grasped the movie's plot. Were you, by chance, watching the movie backwards or something?
Feb 27, 2018 4:09 PM
Aug 2015
Vizvezdenec said:
Well I knew that it's basically a spinoff (I can't really call it a prequel because there are 0 similar characters), but I'm still dissapointed...
It all feels so rushed and almost impossible to understand wtf happens because of that, lovestory of that guy and machine looks like a bad rushed joke also.
Well, at least animation is pretty good, but it's almost the only good thing about this anime.
Hope that we will see actual 2nd season and not this again.

I get that you were expecting something else and are disappointed because you didn't know what the movie was about which does happen, but there is no need to make stuff up. For one, this is a prequel. No question about that. It's the story of how the current NGNL world came to be as well as giving further background on the Dola family and how they became the rulers of imanity. Also 0 similar characters? I guess you just forgot about Jibril and Tet huh?(who by the way is telling the story of the whole movie). As for feeling that the whole thing is rushed and doesn't make sense I don't agree with that either but that's just an opinion so I will leave that be.
Feb 27, 2018 4:23 PM
Jan 2015
Counting Jibril as a "character" there is a big joke since she is just a walking pile of laserbeams more or less.
And all Tet participacion is in more or less a placeholder guy to connect 2 stories.
Mar 2, 2018 1:42 PM
Jun 2017
Vizvezdenec said:
Counting Jibril as a "character" there is a big joke since she is just a walking pile of laserbeams more or less.
And all Tet participacion is in more or less a placeholder guy to connect 2 stories.

If you wanna go along with that line of thought then the current jibril is also just a book-loving, master-obsessed ex killer machine.

Seriously though even going in with blind expectations, at least find out what the movie is roughly about. The reason why the movie popular in the first place is because it provides more depth to the Disboard world. Who wouldn't want to see the backstory of the world within an anime they like? This is precisely the reason why the movie was created, and the contrast between the movie and the series is to show how messed up the previous world was, and why the current world with its no-violence theme exists in the first place.

Also izuna-tan
Mar 3, 2018 6:31 PM

Oct 2010
All along I was expecting a completely different cast and a completely different story. I never knew until I watched it that it had older incarnations of Sora and Shiro as its main characters, playing their game (or trying to), old Sora even having the same cavalier attitude in between his bouts of despair.

It being so similar was cool, but also disappointing in a way, how "safe" it was. I'm surprised anyone could see it as completely different.
Mar 4, 2018 6:11 PM

Feb 2016
Well that's what you get for being a uninformed idiot. And manga? What? It originated from a LN smh. I already knew this would have different characters. Should have read the synopsis or do a bit of research before having your unrealistic expectations gutted

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life: Zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kisaragi - Jul 15, 2017

357 by amlg »»
May 7, 4:50 PM

» this movie is boring

Sunproof21 - Sep 28, 2021

42 by JJT1407 »»
Jan 21, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Schwi + Riku > Sora + Shiro

NotaMasterpiev - May 12, 2023

10 by Ionliosite2 »»
Sep 7, 2023 2:28 PM

Poll: » Preferred the movie to the series

Cestlavie_ - Jan 27, 2022

11 by removed-user »»
Aug 3, 2022 3:43 AM

» watch order?

Raulfin - May 26, 2022

18 by solomino »»
May 28, 2022 2:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.