Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 19, 2018 4:31 PM

Mar 2012
I've played through the original Fate/Extra game twice, but neither of those playthroughs did I use Nero. So that might be the reason for my confusion buuuuut....

What is the major change they made to make this anime original? I can't put my finger on it. They mention that the war was broken and that the rules no longer apply. I recognize the whole change to the war, but didn't that only get brought up towards the end of Fate/Extra, with the rules applying all the way up till then?

And secondly, why tf is is Robin Hood still on the second stratum if his master and him have already killed dozens of masters? Was the fight not fair enough or something?

And finally, was that Rin in the bath with Nero in the beginning of this past episode? If so, how did she survive being drowned again, I thought she told Nero that she was willing to risk her life and then kinda just teleported away after getting washed over? I'm judging by her line about 'using hakuno' that she really does still have a servant. It's been a little over a year since i played the game last, but i never remember rin being malicious towards hakuno unless he didn't side with her lol
SparkleDuckFeb 20, 2018 6:15 PM
Feb 19, 2018 7:07 PM

Apr 2009
SparkleDuck said:

And finally, was that Rin in the bath with Nero in the beginning of this past episode? If so, how did she survive being drowned again, I thought she told Nero that she was willing to risk her life and then kinda just teleported away after getting washed over? I'm judging by her line about 'using hakuno' that she really does still have a servant. It's been a little over a year since i played the game last, but i never remember rin being malicious towards hakuno unless he didn't side with her lol

Watch episode 3 after the ending song is over. It shows Rin follow them up.
Feb 19, 2018 7:29 PM

Mar 2012
TiamatNM said:
SparkleDuck said:

Thanks! I take it you don't have a solid explanation for the other parts i was a little confused on?

PS, nice devil survivor pic. Loved that game and the whole franchise.
Feb 19, 2018 7:48 PM

Apr 2009
SparkleDuck said:
TiamatNM said:

Thanks! I take it you don't have a solid explanation for the other parts i was a little confused on?

PS, nice devil survivor pic. Loved that game and the whole franchise.

Thanks yeah Devil Survivor is great. I just answered the easiest question cause I'm not sure on the others. I played Fate Extra so long ago I've forgotten a lot of things. The anime is way different anyway.
Feb 20, 2018 1:39 AM

Oct 2014
Can you add spoilers to the title please? Your post contains both current and future ones, I get that FGO has made servant identities public knowledge but as far as this anime goes, Saber and Archer's true names haven't been revealed yet.

SparkleDuck said:
What is the major change they made to make this anime original? I can't put my finger on it.

There's a ton of changes. For 2

Also, this anime is set in the year 3020 apparently, the game was set in the year 2030.
As for what caused this timeline to happen, you'll just have to keep watching as nobody knows yet.

SparkleDuck said:
They mention that the war was broken and that the rules no longer apply. I recognize the whole change to the war, but didn't that only get brought up towards the end of Fate/Extra, with the rules applying all the way up till then?

SparkleDuck said:
why tf is is Archer still on the second stratum if his master and him have already killed dozens of masters? Was the fight not fair enough or something?

He probably didn't find the fights so far satisfying or challenging enough, after Hakuno & Saber managed to survive Archer's attack with the help of Rani, Dan said that he will ascend after this time.

"I welcome you, young wizard. be the formidable foe that can satisfy my heart" That's what Dan(Archer's master) says once Hakuno shows up on the floor.

Also

SparkleDuck said:
was that Rin in the bath with Saber in the beginning of this past episode? If so, how did she survive being drowned again, I thought she told Saber that she was willing to risk her life and then kinda just teleported away after getting washed over?

After credits scene on ep 3.
AdatiusFeb 20, 2018 1:44 AM
Feb 20, 2018 6:17 PM

Mar 2012

Thanks for that info! I didn't know about the year difference. I'm guessing that'll make a big impact on how this differs from the game.

Also, do you believe Rin and/or Rani really don't have servants, or do you think they do? I'm curious how this will handle them and theorizing sounds fun.
Feb 21, 2018 4:24 AM

Oct 2014
SparkleDuck said:

Thanks for that info! I didn't know about the year difference. I'm guessing that'll make a big impact on how this differs from the game.

Also, do you believe Rin and/or Rani really don't have servants, or do you think they do? I'm curious how this will handle them and theorizing sounds fun.

No problem. and I don't think they're lying, at least not Rani.

Rin probably used that new "Dead face" ability to beat Shinji's 3 Berserkers. Hakuno wasn't with her at that time so if she still had her servant then she should've materialzed him then to increase her chances of victory.

But who knows, ep 4-5 may be the last we see of Rani since I think she said she'll remain on the 2nd floor as repects to the fallen masters, Rin will probably be more relevant in the future.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.