Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 12, 2018 2:35 AM

Feb 2016
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------

Trying to remember what happend in these volumes to make discussion post is so hard, anyway, Killer bunnies, second wife is in, onto the next volume we go!
Sep 21, 2019 6:31 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
BlackFIFA19 said:
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.

Trying to remember what happend in these volumes to make discussion post is so hard, anyway, Killer bunnies, second wife is in, onto the next volume we go!

Trying to?
I actually started reading vol2 awhile ago, but did finish it like 3-4 days ago and already on the later half of vol3, each volume is sure longer than most LNs, but still...

I quite enjoyed this volume, my main problem with the series continues to be the weak writting, I mean it all pretty much is the ultimate wish fulfillement trying to be cool and all, that at least for most part it remains solid and enjoyable, yet there are some segments that do cringe a bit, which in comparison with the lenght of each volume isnt that bad I think, but still counts a flawn noneless.

But I still really enjoyed reading this volume, so much happened, but what I liked the most is actually Shea, for all her clumsiness and lack of charm at times, I still feel like she is a really endearing, cute, earnest, cheerful and charming girl.
She is a like a cross of Aqua from Konosuba and the bunny girl from Mondaji (I think that one was also called worthless rabbit alot xD).
Miledi Reisen was a quite a character, I cant recal the last time I found such a trollish devil like her, and if you go and look, her really appearing is very pretty, so having that sharp tonge, liking to troll and the looks, definitly almost awakens my M self.

Shea did change quite along during the volume, for the better, but her tribe damm..
Hajime as always, a savage, tbh I do hope he starts to melon out sooner than later because he can be pretty annoying at times, I get the writter has to make it harder, after all that that happened, but I have readed his thoughs about this on vol3, I do feel disconnected to him showing that much indifference towards almost everything in his life other than Yue and now Shea.
No one can expect to bring forth happiness with such a mindset.

I actually was disliking Hajime when he was pushing Miledi, wanting EVERYTHING she got, like WTF!

Anything else I comment would be spoilers, since I cant just pretend I forgotten what I read on vol3.
Shea deffinilty a great and cute addiction.
Sep 22, 2019 9:43 PM
Aug 2016
Playcool said:
BlackFIFA19 said:

Trying to?
I actually started reading vol2 awhile ago, but did finish it like 3-4 days ago and already on the later half of vol3, each volume is sure longer than most LNs, but still...

I quite enjoyed this volume, my main problem with the series continues to be the weak writting, I mean it all pretty much is the ultimate wish fulfillement trying to be cool and all, that at least for most part it remains solid and enjoyable, yet there are some segments that do cringe a bit, which in comparison with the lenght of each volume isnt that bad I think, but still counts a flawn noneless.

But I still really enjoyed reading this volume, so much happened, but what I liked the most is actually Shea, for all her clumsiness and lack of charm at times, I still feel like she is a really endearing, cute, earnest, cheerful and charming girl.
She is a like a cross of Aqua from Konosuba and the bunny girl from Mondaji (I think that one was also called worthless rabbit alot xD).
Miledi Reisen was a quite a character, I cant recal the last time I found such a trollish devil like her, and if you go and look, her really appearing is very pretty, so having that sharp tonge, liking to troll and the looks, definitly almost awakens my M self.

Shea did change quite along during the volume, for the better, but her tribe damm..
Hajime as always, a savage, tbh I do hope he starts to melon out sooner than later because he can be pretty annoying at times, I get the writter has to make it harder, after all that that happened, but I have readed his thoughs about this on vol3, I do feel disconnected to him showing that much indifference towards almost everything in his life other than Yue and now Shea.
No one can expect to bring forth happiness with such a mindset.

I actually was disliking Hajime when he was pushing Miledi, wanting EVERYTHING she got, like WTF!

Anything else I comment would be spoilers, since I cant just pretend I forgotten what I read on vol3.
Shea deffinilty a great and cute addiction.

Vol 3 he softens a bit because of ai-chan, and later he keeps softing, very, very slow.
Btw, don't think this series is wish-fullfilment at all. I mean, what sick man would wish to go through everything te MC had to go? I get he has cute girls, power and all, but the guy barely has any humanity left to him. Its more of a sad story then anything else
Sep 28, 2019 2:51 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012

You must be joking... despite the fact the MC suffered all of that, this series is still very much the pinacle of wish fullfilement, not in a bad way, but noneless.
An harem full of greatly unique and amazing beauties, surrounding a MC that was summoned to another and boosts of being insalely overpowered, the Alpha and Omega... totally not granting a person's desires/fantasies here.
PlaycoolSep 28, 2019 3:04 PM
Sep 28, 2019 6:34 PM
Aug 2016
It is true that the MC has things that most people, specially young man, wants, but you can not just throw off what he passed through to be in this situation. Yes, he has a harem with cute girls, but he is so fucked up mentally that he doesn't even is able do enjoy it. Same thing with the power, he is traumatized with his experiences and the only function all this powers really have to him is to help him get back to his world, wich he never wished to get out of first place
Sep 30, 2019 12:23 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
madiasmcc said:
It is true that the MC has things that most people, specially young man, wants, but you can not just throw off what he passed through to be in this situation. Yes, he has a harem with cute girls, but he is so fucked up mentally that he doesn't even is able do enjoy it. Same thing with the power, he is traumatized with his experiences and the only function all this powers really have to him is to help him get back to his world, wich he never wished to get out of first place

You saying this isnt wishfulfillment cuz it is dark?! LOL
Have you even read the series?
Volume 1 is the most dark, surely some also have a dark tone here and there later on, but the plot is mostly rather light in tone, even if it wasnt, that is not an arguement to my statement.
Stop trying to justify it, I never said it was bad from the start, many LNs live and thrive in wishfulfillement, same for anime or manga, this one just does take it further than most (even has more spice in it), but did I said it was exactly a bad thing?!
Oct 4, 2019 9:25 AM
Aug 2016
I didn't even mentioned the point of it being good or bad, i'm just saying that is not wish fulfillement cause the protagonist has his life, mind and personality completely fucked up due to traumatic situations. It's close to what Re: Zero is in that point, tough it doesn't focus as much in the mental damage to the protagonist as Re Zero does. Wish fullfilment is what animes like Kenja no Mago, Isekai Cheat Magician, and partially Sword Art Online are, bc what happens in those is mostly the dreams and wishes of many otakus.
Oct 4, 2019 12:52 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
madiasmcc said:
I didn't even mentioned the point of it being good or bad, i'm just saying that is not wish fulfillement cause the protagonist has his life, mind and personality completely fucked up due to traumatic situations. It's close to what Re: Zero is in that point, tough it doesn't focus as much in the mental damage to the protagonist as Re Zero does. Wish fullfilment is what animes like Kenja no Mago, Isekai Cheat Magician, and partially Sword Art Online are, bc what happens in those is mostly the dreams and wishes of many otakus.

Nah, SAO has some tragic stuff in it, it is not cuz the MC gone through tramatic events and changed that it can be avoided calling wishfulfillement, that is not a shield it can use (not that it does need to defend against though), wishfulfillement can be a good thing depending of what you want from the series or how picky you are.
Post volume 1 Hajime has gone through alot of what you could easily call "the dreams and wishes of many otakus", many many times, the main appeal of the freaking thing is seeing an OP MC mostly destroying its enemies followed by a likeable cast of almost perfect anime girls, each diverse to suit a different person's taste, falling completly by the MC, doing everything you would see an otaku wanting on his waifus.
The plot has its moments, surely does but even the author gives it always, this is wishfulfillment at its heart, and enjoyment wise really damm good at it, stop denying, no one is calling your taste trash if you love Arifureta (at least for now~~).
Apr 23, 1:29 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
V2 felt very different to V1, much more comedy and it felt slower. I liked Miledi, I think my favorite character from Arifureta so far, I would have loved to see a picture of one of her golems rather than 3 of Shea. Speaking of the pictures, there was one of I think it was Kouki, the drawing was very bad, it looked like a sketch and not a finished picture, in direct comparison to the quality of the other illustrations in this volume it was much worse. I was surprised how little was told from the pov of Hamije's classmate, which I appreciate btw. On the whole it was okay, probably a bit worse in comparison to V1.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Web Volume 1 (Chapters 0 - 26) Discussion

-Karoshi- - May 1, 2015

6 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 27, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Volume 1 Discussion

BlackFIFA19 - Feb 12, 2018

4 by -DxP- »»
Apr 20, 3:19 PM

» After Story?

RealityChanges - Mar 10

3 by Franklr_D »»
Mar 13, 6:33 AM

» Why is there no harem tag?

ariel_nugie - Feb 15

1 by Crusader_Requiem »»
Feb 17, 8:49 PM

» Can I Find Volume 13 Summary Anywhere?

Hejtero - Nov 24, 2023

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Nov 25, 2023 12:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.