Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 12, 2018 2:30 AM

Feb 2016
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------

Its been a while since i read this, but Kaori is best girl, Yue is sexually aggresive, and i quite liked this.
Sep 21, 2018 10:18 AM
Nov 2016
Welp, I bought the entire first volume for this. Hoping it isn't a total dumpster fire.
Aug 14, 2019 2:02 PM

Feb 2017
in the last section, the 'sexual stimulate' thrown everywhere, it is sickening, it almost feel like reading an erotic book, but with underdeveloped (both in interaction and personality, too generic) kid and a 300yo legal loli.
the purpose of this vol basically to define how op the mc.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Aug 19, 2019 3:56 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Longest volume I have ever read, caught me completly off guard.
As for the plot itself, nothing anything special, anyone picking this up knows what they are up against, there is no surprises here, neither amazing compelling cast either.
That said those looking past those, and that are not too picky readers, will enjoy this quite enough, one thing you can say is that there were quite alot of development to context the MC itself, and only be around half of the volume, 5 hours of read in, did Yui appear!
Karui was a much better character than I though, at first I was very suspicious of ever, but she is just a (generic) kind girl that does have a crush on him.
As for Najime, it was believed his change, if you can accept the fact he had that much luck in finding that divinity stone and all.

Quite alot of fights, in a way I was reminded about the feeling I wanted to see more in SAO, progressing through all those different floors, finding new enemies and challenge.
Liked alot how gruesome this series can be, really felt the despair of the MC early on.

evoniee said:
in the last section, the 'sexual stimulate' thrown everywhere, it is sickening, it almost feel like reading an erotic book, but with underdeveloped (both in interaction and personality, too generic) kid and a 300yo legal loli.
the purpose of this vol basically to define how op the mc.

I do understand your point and reading the afterword, the own writter is very much aware how still a bit childish his writting was, but everything said, I did feel surprised initially about Yui, but it does make sense considering she is over 320 old, even if she was 300 years alone without meeting different experiences and maturing, she is still an adult you could say.
Yeah the writter could have go less fulfilling the pants of all those horny teens that bought this volume, but again you shouldnt be expecting much complexity from this dude, at least not in this first volume.

Also though it was fun to see Yui turning out in a sexual predator and shattering MC pride over and over again.

Already started to read vol2, it is still kinda edgy but I enjoying the new cast enoug.

People bored without anything to do would have here some solid entertaining isekai that will last for a good while, and with great art if I must say.
Apr 20, 3:19 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Damn 400 pages, that was a really fat volume. Afifureta surprised me, my expectations were clearly exceeded.

I like the concept of Hajime becoming stronger by eating monsters that he has defeated, I haven't seen that before. And damn I hated the scenes when they switched to the classmates and didn't tell the story from Hajimes perspective lol xD Luckily that wasn't often because it was boring at times. Yue and Hamije are a real tag team, they go really well together. I hope Arifureta doesn't become a harem and he continues to have only Yue by his side, but I think I'll be disappointed in that regard.

The bonus chapter where the two were constantly flirting and stuff was a bit cringe, but also cute, especially at the end where the two were sitting on the terrace.

I'll go straight on and read volume 2 o7
-DxP-Apr 20, 3:24 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Web Volume 1 (Chapters 0 - 26) Discussion

-Karoshi- - May 1, 2015

6 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 27, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Volume 2 Discussion

BlackFIFA19 - Feb 12, 2018

8 by -DxP- »»
Apr 23, 1:29 PM

» After Story?

RealityChanges - Mar 10

3 by Franklr_D »»
Mar 13, 6:33 AM

» Why is there no harem tag?

ariel_nugie - Feb 15

1 by Crusader_Requiem »»
Feb 17, 8:49 PM

» Can I Find Volume 13 Summary Anywhere?

Hejtero - Nov 24, 2023

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Nov 25, 2023 12:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.