Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2018 1:11 PM

Nov 2008
EmphaticPikachu said:
Man what the fuck is going oooooonn

you certainly don't seem like the Hakuno(n) I know, haha. Jesus that face. It feels like he literally hears the people who have died in the grail wars in his head?

Its definitely kept my interest at least, and Nero is cute as hell. Not sure if I am going to love it as much as regular extra but I don't think at this point it ever intended to be that, which is fine, long as it stays good.

I need subs now rip :<

The original writer of FSN said in interview that he wrote thr script to this anime and made some changes to fate/extra story so it match better to anime format
Feb 4, 2018 5:56 PM

Feb 2017
How are you all watching it? All my usual places such as 9anime, kiss anime and gogoanime don't have it up yet and its been a bit after the release :/
Feb 4, 2018 6:39 PM

Dec 2014
Capnskart said:
How are you all watching it? All my usual places such as 9anime, kiss anime and gogoanime don't have it up yet and its been a bit after the release :/

They either understand Japanese or just wanted to see some more umu.

I'm honestly surprised there aren't fansub groups willing to do this show yet they end up subbing for things that already have official releases, but I sound pretty entitled right now so I'll shut up. There's no real incentive for them to do so anyway other than our anon "thanks" because that means a lot.
I need sleep.
Feb 4, 2018 6:46 PM

Jan 2014
spicychile said:
I'm honestly surprised there aren't fansub groups willing to do this show yet they end up subbing for things that already have official releases, but I sound pretty entitled right now so I'll shut up. There's no real incentive for them to do so anyway other than our anon "thanks" because that means a lot.

chyuu and kooritsukai-UMU are both working on it i think

i watched the first ep on otakustream but it's the kooritsukai vers since they do theirs faster (i think) so its also less accurate - if you google it you can find the chyuu vers (which is apparently the better one of the two) disregard that lol

subs for ep 2 are mia rn so idk whats going on there
240pFeb 4, 2018 6:52 PM
Feb 4, 2018 8:12 PM

Nov 2012
Shaft being Shaft, they probably would do various types of Opening like they did with Monogatari. Same with the Ending I suppose.
Feb 5, 2018 3:42 AM

Jun 2011
Since the episode is not out yet I just went ahead and watched the opening since some people mentioned some of the lacking visuals. It looks to me like the opening might be an evolving one that had other people cut out, the shadows Nero that fighting just seemed like holders to me. Then again I might just be wrong and this is the final version of this opening.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Feb 5, 2018 4:02 AM
Sep 2016
TahZin said:
Shaft being Shaft, they probably would do various types of Opening like they did with Monogatari. Same with the Ending I suppose.
Cough... Madoka, March comes I like a lion.. Mekakucity actors... Nisekoi.....Zaregato....
1.1.Six
Feb 5, 2018 4:08 AM
Sep 2016
Oxu said:
EmphaticPikachu said:
Man what the fuck is going oooooonn

you certainly don't seem like the Hakuno(n) I know, haha. Jesus that face. It feels like he literally hears the people who have died in the grail wars in his head?

Its definitely kept my interest at least, and Nero is cute as hell. Not sure if I am going to love it as much as regular extra but I don't think at this point it ever intended to be that, which is fine, long as it stays good.

I need subs now rip :<

The original writer of FSN said in interview that he wrote thr script to this anime and made some changes to fate/extra story so it match better to anime format

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1702562

And also during the new year's fate project broadcast they said it would mostly be anime original
1.1.Six
Feb 5, 2018 4:19 AM
Sep 2016
Onepieceuc1 said:
So any news on what the special broadcast is? They say here (http://www.iqiyi.com/lib/m_215662814.html?src=search) that there is 14 episodes for this cour but with that special broadcast to be announced, I was wondering if it is indeed a 2nd cour or something else? Does someone know? 14 episodes seems too short for me to go through 7 opponents and Saver...

The anime was announced as a 2 cores series and they gave the titles of both cours
1.1.Six
Feb 5, 2018 6:04 AM

Jan 2016
Pretty cool, so this isn't going to be the same as the game. That's for sure. For people that's wondering why the OP is so weird and bad. All those shadows Nero fighting could be Servants that aren't announced or seen yet. Some anime does this so it won't spoiler. All those shadows might be replaced at episode 12 or 14 when the second cour comes!
Feb 5, 2018 6:29 AM

Jul 2012
Still confusing what's happening, mb even more. The beginning reminded even more the monogatari style with the music. The fanservice part, after bath was mentioned was obvious what's coming, thought it was a weird segment, felt kinda out of place. Not a fan of both OP and ED.
Really different Saber, a bit strange and a bit funny.
That ending, that was pretty interesting.
Feb 5, 2018 6:38 AM

Nov 2012
JudoJD said:
TahZin said:
Cough... Madoka, March comes I like a lion.. Mekakucity actors... Nisekoi.....Zaregato....

Well, all I can do is wait till Shaft either prove me right or wrong. But think about it, focusing one opening song on just one single character in a series like Fate!? Surely, you can understand that's not natural.
Feb 5, 2018 7:36 AM
Sep 2016
TahZin said:
JudoJD said:

Well, all I can do is wait till Shaft either prove me right or wrong. But think about it, focusing one opening song on just one single character in a series like Fate!? Surely, you can understand that's not natural.

I can understand if they do that but it would be so cool if they mix it up
1.1.Six
Feb 5, 2018 7:56 AM

Dec 2014
Wonder what role Rin(?) plays in all this...

Fun ep and I really like talkative Saber.
I need sleep.
Feb 5, 2018 8:04 AM
Apr 2014
Last episode was happening in a school so it kinda seemed like they were following the game's setting, but now it's completely different
Saber concealing her name even from her master, aah the good time back when Fate cared about servant's true names, this was actually extremely important in the game, piecing out the enemy servant's identity to unlock their weaknesses.
Wow that's the permanent opening? Red saber wank in the OP, Red saber wank in the ED, Screw the other characters right? in the game Rin/Rani are about as important to the story as Red Saber/Hakuno.
Feb 5, 2018 8:23 AM

Apr 2015
How come a lot of people are asking for subs if I already saw it the Saturday with Spanish subs? o_O

I thought English subs were faster than Spanish
Feb 5, 2018 8:41 AM

Jun 2010
There can not be a single world in the Nasu-verse in which Shinji isn't a huge fucking dirt bag.

Veromaye said:

I thought English subs were faster than Spanish

Nah, it's way more frequent for Spanish subs to be out before the English ones, if it's fan translations.
neonieFeb 5, 2018 8:45 AM
Feb 5, 2018 8:51 AM
Jul 2016
Both the OP and ED songs are great, but the visuals, especially in the OP are really disappointing. Well, it's Shaft, so there will probably be multiple OPs, or they will just change the shadows Saber fights into servants (though they have already revealed most servants in the PVs and even then, that wouldn't really improve the OP)

ZBlastHistory said:
It's called Seiyuu joke Because Hakuno on this anime so far also doing thing Touma do like.

- badly injured every single time
- Irregular on magic world.
- Bad Luck.

After reading this i'm expecting Hakuno to defeat Shinji's harem by punching them in the face.
Feb 5, 2018 9:08 AM

Mar 2010
I'm surprised that I was not as gung-ho during this episode. I enjoyed it but not to the extent that I thought. Though I hope they add in more FGO cameos like with Darius, Fergus and Leonidas further down the line and PLEASE let Tamamo also be Hakuno's other servant (if he ever will have one)!
Feb 5, 2018 9:26 AM

Apr 2016
Now i know that im watching Fate/Extra, because of that bath scene lol. Shinji become finally a harem king. Hakuno is making a habit of being stabbed by other people, Fanservice Saber hmmm. Also they put umu counter in the subs, what a splendid idea.

Also yeah, they really go with different scenarios from the original, im curious where this will lead us.
Feb 5, 2018 9:38 AM

Feb 2013
So many beautiful girls, I like Shinji's taste.
Feb 5, 2018 9:50 AM

Sep 2010
mwaaa...not really impressed yet - only gonna watch it cuz it's Fate
expected more of the opening - hope the animation gets better (this doesn't even come near to Zero/UBW/Apocrypha)
Feb 5, 2018 9:51 AM

Dec 2009
Confusing. Though Red Saber is going to keep me interested moreso than the other Fate series, I have no idea what is going on.
Feb 5, 2018 10:09 AM

Jul 2017
Watched it with subs~

Opening: The song is great, the sequence is a bit underwhelming but I still like it. Saber with hair down? Absolutely gorgeous and badass!

Episode:
- How is Hakuno not disturbed at all with Saber naked right in front of him?

- The first floor really caught me off guard... Well since this probably won't follow exactly like the game, I'm liking it so far~

- UMU!

- Loving Saber so far~

-
(Rider looks nice though~)

- Saber's reaction to those girls (Shinji's harem?!) was priceless!

- Shinji in a rich man's suit? Still an asshole. Also, the Shaft headtilts have finally come~

- WHAT THE FUCK, HAKUNO?!

Ending: Love the music, love the art style, love the Hakuno and Saber arts... Nothing to complain about here~

I just really hope it DOESN'T follow the Extella story. I'm sorry, I want Hakuno to stick with Saber only and not a harem.

Left me completely intrigued! I DEMAND FOR MORE!
Mikura39Feb 5, 2018 10:29 AM

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Feb 5, 2018 10:13 AM

Apr 2017
Hmm, this episode is so much better than the previous one. UMU!
SprinterXkyrieFeb 5, 2018 10:17 AM
Feb 5, 2018 10:23 AM
Feb 2009
Quick question - Is this an adaptation of F/E's red saber route or an original story that could be a 4th route kinda thing (which I think CCC already is) that you wont get as much out of if you don't know the game's story?

I tried to play F/E once but found the actual gameplay so unbelievably garbage to the point it was offensive to even call it a game that I didn't finish the first dungeon. I also started w/ castko so can't really compare if the routes were maybe just that different to know offhand about red sabers
Feb 5, 2018 10:33 AM

Aug 2014
damn, this is looking good

already better than Apocrypha
Feb 5, 2018 10:40 AM

Jan 2016
I have no idea wtf any of you are saying, you’re all speaking some made up gibberish language made up of umu’s and nero’s and what have you...

Probably a good thing, because I feel like I would be spoiled about, well... something, if I could understand you.
Feb 5, 2018 10:45 AM

Jan 2017
this series is decent; it garners a 7/10 rating for me. But I hate to say, it doesn't hold a flame to F/Z or UBW

Feb 5, 2018 10:53 AM

Jun 2011
J_LEE_C said:
this series is decent; it garners a 7/10 rating for me. But I hate to say, it doesn't hold a flame to F/Z or UBW

I honestly don't see how F/Z and UBW r so superior if we strictly compare only the first two episodes.
Feb 5, 2018 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
The first episode was alright if a little unclear, while this one, despite trying to explain various bits and pieces, was almost entirely nonsensical, and Red Saber was largely extremely annoying. Other than that, all I definitely got from this episode is Shinji is his usual asshole self (did we expect anything less?), Rin is watching from afar and Hakuno has some other power we have yet to fully understand, but is likely to be where we start from next week.
Feb 5, 2018 11:13 AM
Mar 2017
J_LEE_C said:

Zero had a pretty lackluster couple of episodes before it started to become decent, let alone good... Unless you find 60 plus minutes of exposition and people walking in circles engaging.

There's far more here going on than in Zero they're just not spoon-feeding you the details and leaving plot threads open to expand upon later.

While I'm expecting it to fall flat on it's face later, so far this is easily a stronger couple introductory episodes than what Zero had.
Feb 5, 2018 11:28 AM

Jan 2016
Good episode! Shaft did justice to Umu, that's all I needed tbh

Feb 5, 2018 11:32 AM

Jan 2017
Theorder14 said:
J_LEE_C said:

I honestly don't see how F/Z and UBW r so superior if we strictly compare only the first two episodes.

Rider from F/Z is what did it for me in those first couple eps. And the intrigue behind Shirou in UBW's first couple eps after seeing the finale of F/Z and the prologue to UBW is what's hooked me there. This one isn't bad - I'm not saying that - its just pretty vague to this point (this is coming from someone who hasn't played the games or Read the fate series prior to watching it) whereas the other series (F/Z especially) gave a good amount of background and explanation.

Feb 5, 2018 11:34 AM

Jan 2017
Alternative-IV said:
J_LEE_C said:

Zero had a pretty lackluster couple of episodes before it started to become decent, let alone good... Unless you find 60 plus minutes of exposition and people walking in circles engaging.

There's far more here going on than in Zero they're just not spoon-feeding you the details and leaving plot threads open to expand upon later.

While I'm expecting it to fall flat on it's face later, so far this is easily a stronger couple introductory episodes than what Zero had.

See, I like the 'lackluster' episodes that you describe in F/Z. And I liked the extended ep 1's in F/Z and UBW that helped give a good background and setting (see my above comment, this is from someone who hasn't played the games or read any of the Fate series either). So the extra background was nice for me in that regard. I'm not saying this is a bad series at all. I'm just saying my personal preference is for F/Z and UBW.

Feb 5, 2018 11:42 AM

Aug 2014
eternally and entirely based shinji
Feb 5, 2018 11:48 AM
Mar 2017
J_LEE_C said:
Alternative-IV said:

See, I like the 'lackluster' episodes that you describe in F/Z. And I liked the extended ep 1's in F/Z and UBW that helped give a good background and setting (see my above comment, this is from someone who hasn't played the games or read any of the Fate series either). So the extra background was nice for me in that regard. I'm not saying this is a bad series at all. I'm just saying my personal preference is for F/Z and UBW.

That's fine but it's still way too early to be tossing a number on this series unless you drop it, since it's purposefully being vague on the details.
Feb 5, 2018 11:52 AM

May 2015
Alternative-IV said:
J_LEE_C said:

That first episode is long-winded, and I'd be lying if I said I was fully engaged. But, in it's defense, it actually takes the time to explain the world and the plot, so you actually understand what the fuck is going on. The first two episodes of Extra are kinda a jumbled mess in comparison. It's a little easier when you already understand what the Fate franchise is about, but it's still confusing. I wouldn't fault anyone for not understanding any of the story so far because they haven't really explained anything.

Also, and this is just my opinion, I think the first two episodes of Zero were more interesting than Extra.
TsukuyomiREKTFeb 5, 2018 11:59 AM

Feb 5, 2018 11:58 AM

Jan 2017
Alternative-IV said:
J_LEE_C said:

That's fine but it's still way too early to be tossing a number on this series unless you drop it, since it's purposefully being vague on the details.

I won't drop it, I don't drop anything once I've started it. But I appreciate @Kittens-kun above comment because that's the perfect summation of what I was trying to say, with better wording.

Feb 5, 2018 12:05 PM

Apr 2015
I didn't really like nero before starting this series. I've only watched the fate animes and played fgo. Now after this, I think I can see her as a waifu.
She has her cute and badass side. And is quite talkative as opposed to the blue counter part. I think I can like this show now.

However, this whole story is still quite confusing. Nothing is really explained yet and I guess the only reason people are watching is because they've seen everything else for fate and can maybe piece it together. Because in my opinion, I'm not seeing anything that saying "hey you should stay and find out what happens next"
They literally stated there's no one else to fight. Everyone sold their servants

But I've probably missed something along the way so that could be why it seems strange to me.

King_SavageFeb 5, 2018 12:20 PM
Mkim said:
I only beat off to 180 year old woman,
that's like 10 times legal age so I'm 10 times a good citizen who's not going to jail.
Kyubey said:
◕ ‿‿ ◕ do you want to be a mahou shoujo?
Feb 5, 2018 12:07 PM

Aug 2014
King_Savage said:

First off that's an HF spoiler, second off not likely since
Feb 5, 2018 12:37 PM

Oct 2014
Can't say I'm big fan of the OP but maybe I'll like it overtime, it certainly has some style and it's unusual for an anime OP to have only one character appear in it.

I knew the mayor would be Shinji lmao, alot of other people also probably saw him coming because of the security girls. "Be grateful that the mayor is a man of culture aswell" Oh Saber, if only you knew who you were complementing..

Someone told Shinji to "Kill someone who's the easiest to kill" a woman's voice? could it be that mysterious Amari girl who appeared in the last episode? nobody knows.

So Shinji has created an utopia for masters in this floor, they can live here with NPCs forever in exchange for giving up on their servants and the grail war, what a horrible deal lol, How can you be sure that Shinji will be able hold this floor for himself and the Moon Cell won't be able to do anything about him if it feels like it.

Wasn't expecting to see those three servants as Berserkers here, FGO stuff just flowing into Fate anime so much nowadays.

It seems Hakuno can't die? he managed to survive alot of things that should have killed him in the first episode aswell, he also seems to be haunted by the images of other fallen students and has deep hatred for the moon cell. "I.. with this hatred alone" hatred is going to be what empowers him in his battles.
Feb 5, 2018 12:42 PM
Mar 2017
Kittens-kun said:
Alternative-IV said:

That first episode is long-winded, and I'd be lying if I said I was fully engaged. But, in it's defense, it actually takes the time to explain the world and the plot, so you actually understand what the fuck is going on. The first two episodes of Extra are kinda a jumbled mess in comparison. It's a little easier when you already understand what the Fate franchise is about, but it's still confusing. I wouldn't fault anyone for not understanding any of the story so far because they haven't really explained anything.

Also, and this is just my opinion, I think the first two episodes of Zero were more interesting than Extra.

Zero had the luxury of a double length first episode so it was afforded time most shows would kill for.

I'm not faulting anyone for not understanding the story since you're not supposed to understand much of anything at this point. This has pretty much gone anime original too so even if you're well versed with the source you're not understanding much more than anime-only watchers.
Feb 5, 2018 12:50 PM

Jun 2016
Not going to get involved in or make a long winded discussion. I'm quite pleased with this adaptation.

Shaft really hit the nail on the head with Red Sabers character and over-the-top motions.

They also did the SE.RA.PH skylines justice from what i remember in the games.

Not enough nudity.

Feb 5, 2018 12:53 PM
May 2017
Best thing about this episode was either the cliff-hanger or the umu counter in the top left
Feb 5, 2018 12:54 PM

Nov 2014
To me, Shaft adapt this so well.
The story is going like Monogatari.
Feb 5, 2018 12:56 PM

Dec 2013
lol, I really liked this change in the First Stratum, but I think it would have worked better as a game now.

RIP Nameless masters with their funny stories from the game.

My boy Shinji finally showing why he is the Asian Champion with some SUPAH HACKA skills, way to go my boy, way to go.

This "MUH HATE" memes are shit until now btw. Fanservice Saber is nice, Shaft knows what to do.

oh and rin's armpits are nice.

whens my little king Leo tho?

5/5.

Feb 5, 2018 12:57 PM

Mar 2008
I think we're in a good place right now. Isn't as if the main characters have a full grasp on what is going on. Saber was pretty clearly confused by things not being as she expected and Hakuno himself clearly doesn't have a full grasp of what is going on in general due to a lack of memories. Not the first time the audience has been left as unsure about the details as the characters themselves. This episode did a solid job of explaining some things and how things should be. While also getting across that something is wrong here.

The mystery factor has me intrigued. What is going on? Last episode we were told that Hakuno was a miraculous or impossible existence as the 129th master. In a tournament setting that should only have had 128 of them. They are also pointing at some sort of time skip. The woman in the bar mentioned long-term sleep. I guess she presumes that they were in stasis or something which would explain why a new master/servant pair would appear after time has passed. This city didn't just pop into existence and people didn't get bored of the party in the handful of minutes it took Hakuno to summon Saber and start riding the elevator.

This Saber is pretty darn entertaining. She has confidence, boldness, and is openly excited about things that she likes. Also pretty ready to fight. I'm glad the OP/ED are free of even hinting at what is coming. Keeping the surprise factor going.

So far I think they are doing a good job.
Feb 5, 2018 1:00 PM

Oct 2014
Lunarhawk said:
Quick question - Is this an adaptation of F/E's red saber route or an original story that could be a 4th route kinda thing (which I think CCC already is) that you wont get as much out of if you don't know the game's story?

I tried to play F/E once but found the actual gameplay so unbelievably garbage to the point it was offensive to even call it a game that I didn't finish the first dungeon. I also started w/ castko so can't really compare if the routes were maybe just that different to know offhand about red sabers

This is anime-original, and according to Nasu's blog here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1702562 it's supposed to be something that can be experienced and enjoyed without knowledge from the game, but this is Fate and anime so idk if things will go according to plan for once.

If the story is what you're interested in then you can watch a youtube walkthrough or play the game on easy mode I guess.
Feb 5, 2018 1:21 PM
Aug 2014
Shayon said:
Lunarhawk said:

This is anime-original, and according to Nasu's blog here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1702562 it's supposed to be something that can be experienced and enjoyed without knowledge from the game, but this is Fate and anime so idk if things will go according to plan for once.

If the story is what you're interested in then you can watch a youtube walkthrough or play the game on easy mode I guess.

It's undeniably true that you can watch it without playing the game but with it existing now, I consider them as two different experiences of the same work. Reading Hakuno's mind, the slower development, the fact the story's "different" on the original version, it makes them two faces of the same coin, and it's good to know both in that way, they complement each other.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

60 by Apreggi »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.