Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 28, 2018 3:15 PM

Aug 2016
This annoys me far more than it should....

MAL links the characters, Rin, Shinji etc to their Stay Night counterparts....but they arent the same character...

RennJan 30, 2018 2:03 AM
Jan 28, 2018 3:17 PM

Jun 2016
I can completely agree, why does MAL have the original UBW/Stay Night cast listed instead of the correct cast, which are descendants. not the same people.

Jan 29, 2018 4:58 PM

Jan 2013
Same reason they put Mimori Tougou on the WaSuYu page in when it should have been Wasshio Sumi to avoid spoilers: MAL is arbitrary at best and avoids as much work as possible. You know what bothers me even more? Toosaka.
Jan 29, 2018 5:07 PM

Sep 2015
They're the same person, even if they're not the same person bc they got the same name and have the same personality. I don't blame MAL for linking the Fate/stay cast because if the creators wanted to emphasize that they are two different people they would have given them different names. I mean, I see your point, but AGGHHH don't make me think so hard about this! Why did Type/Moon decide to make them different anyways??? What was the point??? I am more annoyed at that now!
Jan 29, 2018 5:11 PM

Jan 2013
Draconix814 said:
They're the same person, even if they're not the same person bc they got the same name and have the same personality. I don't blame MAL for linking the Fate/stay cast because if the creators wanted to emphasize that they are two different people they would have given them different names. I mean, I see your point, but AGGHHH don't make me think so hard about this! Why did Type/Moon decide to make them different anyways??? What was the point??? I am more annoyed at that now!
I didn't know Tohsaka Rin, master of archer in the 5th holy grail war, was a super 1337 hacka
Jan 29, 2018 5:12 PM

Sep 2015
Syrup- said:
Draconix814 said:
I didn't know Tohsaka Rin, master of archer in the 5th holy grail war, was a super 1337 hacka

What does that mean???
Jan 29, 2018 11:11 PM

Aug 2016
Draconix814 said:
I'd assume the reasoning behind it is that type moon thought that the games wouldn't sell if it didn't have familliar characters (hence Nero looking like she does). The only problem there is that Extra is clearly set in the future, so unless Rin never ages, it would have to be a descendant of hers? I don't know.
RennJan 30, 2018 4:54 AM
Jan 30, 2018 1:50 AM
Sep 2016
Draconix814 said:

No they're not... they're just from the same bloodline (and this is way ahead in the future on a different timeline)..that's it
1.1.Six
Jan 30, 2018 1:54 AM

Aug 2010
Why the hell are people throwing this piece of information around like you're supposed to know it at this point in time ?
Here let me tell you the reason:

It's because it's a spoiler. Please, stop telling people about it.

Also, please edit the title to add a spoiler warning.

This is like the Amakusa spoiler for Apocrypha all over again. Stop reading the wiki to get your information, people.
Jan 30, 2018 2:04 AM

Aug 2016
astroprogs said:
Why the hell are people throwing this piece of information around like you're supposed to know it at this point in time ?
Here let me tell you the reason:

It's because it's a spoiler. Please, stop telling people about it.

Also, please edit the title to add a spoiler warning.

This is like the Amakusa spoiler for Apocrypha all over again. Stop reading the wiki to get your information, people.

Edited the title, but who's to say I haven't played the games and just using wiki to back up my point?
Jan 30, 2018 2:22 AM

Aug 2010
Renn said:

Edited the title, but who's to say I haven't played the games and just using wiki to back up my point?

I usually don't like to make assumptions, but this one seemed pretty evident, and excuse me if you just happened to forget that bit from the game, but this one on particular was so perfectly hidden until the end, so I can't picture anyone forgetting such a huge reveal. The Rin reveal is literally at the very end of her route. It's an end-game spoiler.

The identities of all the F/SN characters in Extra have varying degrees of spoilers and everything that wasn't explicitly said to us in the anime should be treated as a spoiler.

Shinji's real age is the biggest one, only being revealed in CCC, followed by Rin at the very end of Extra, followed by Kirei, Taiga, Sakura and Issei all being fair game after a small while into the story.
astroprogsJan 30, 2018 2:25 AM
Jan 30, 2018 3:36 AM

Jul 2016
cause that will lead to some spoiler, and its one of the mysteries of EXTRA, you need to watch/play it to know
Jan 30, 2018 4:23 AM

Apr 2016
Then we should make separate character entry for loli/shirou as well. And if we are doing that why not make new entry for all "Alternative Fate" characters as well.
Jan 30, 2018 4:41 AM

Aug 2009
I dont get why it is a spoiler that the Extra cast ISNT the FSN cast. It is set in the far future(30 years is far) so it cant be them.Then again searching for logic in Fate threads with
people that cant even comprehend what they watch is impossible.

Shinji's age yes I can agree.

Also when was it esteblished that he IS a Matou?I thought he was REALLY unrelated.
Jan 30, 2018 4:53 AM

Jun 2017
Wait. Is it a spoiler? Fuck.
Now it's too late.

ssjokg said:
I dont get why it is a spoiler that the Extra cast ISNT the FSN cast. It is set in the far future(30 years is far) so it cant be them.Then again searching for logic in Fate threads with

Also when was it esteblished that he IS a Matou?I thought he was REALLY unrelated.

So the daughter/granddaughter has the exact same name, appearence and preference for red of her mom/grandmother? Not to say that's impossible, but still...
Also, Matou Shinji name appears on-screen when he kills MC-kun, showing that he passed the test or whatever.
Jan 30, 2018 5:08 AM

Aug 2009
Daviner said:
Wait. Is it a spoiler? Fuck.
Now it's too late.

ssjokg said:

So the daughter/granddaughter has the exact same name, appearence and preference for red of her mom/grandmother? Not to say that's impossible, but still...
Also, Matou Shinji name appears on-screen when he kills MC-kun, showing that he passed the test or whatever.

Extra Rin is actually

So based on that and that Shinji, Rin and other wiizards are pretty much HACKERZ changing real names and their avatars should be possible.

Especially with this Shinji, unless he is the son/grandson of Sakura with some random magus it would be impossible be there.
Real Shinji has zero magical talent, no active magic circuits and so any descendant shouldnt be able to do Spiriton hacking.

Aslo,in the original game, if he was really related to the Matou
But he doesnt after he gets back his memories.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.