Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2018 9:22 AM

Nov 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Grimm Douwa: Kin no Tori begins with a greedy witch trying to collect all of the gold for herself. The king's youngest son, Hans, who's very selfless and naive, discovers the golden bird she'd been using to steal gold from their kingdom. Han's good-for-nothing older brothers intervene to take credit. Impressed with their apparent cunning, the king sends the three of them on an adventure to find the golden bird.

There was an shockingly bad musical number with the witch about half way into the movie. Cut that scene, and you have a fairly cute children's movie. The rest was enjoyable. I paticularely liked the clasic Grimms' Fairy Tale artstyle.
Feb 1, 2018 2:54 PM

Sep 2008
Lovely adaptation ;)
LAboy456Feb 8, 2018 8:16 AM
Apr 3, 2019 5:23 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, that tune halfway through the movie (with the witch dancing) was amazingr! - Seriouisly though, I really enjoyed the song and the visuals with it ^^

I liked the drunk bird, for a childrens movie it didnt quite fit but still ^^
Aug 6, 2021 4:06 PM

Aug 2017
Incredible backgrounds.

The way Hans was walking with his sword...I feel bad for his clavicle haha. Poor boy also has 4 fingers.

The dance was pretty cute, I'd say.
St0rmbladeAug 6, 2021 4:16 PM
Jun 2, 2022 9:04 PM

Jun 2014
This was a really well done fairy tale! Things worked out well for Hans in the end.

Apr 5, 2023 4:40 PM

Sep 2018
Boring AF, the drunken bird was the only thing I enjoyed lol, plus the second song. 4/10.
Apr 23, 4:19 PM

Mar 2019
Very fun movie, the art style is very charming. (⁠*⁠´⁠ω⁠`⁠*⁠)
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.