Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 31, 2017 5:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lost room...at Chaldea. I think this episode takes place on May 1 2016 acording to timeline.

Quite a mysterious special episode. The amount of psychology was interesting with the thrilling atmosphere. Rather than action, we got a lot character interactions especially involving Olga.

I think it was a fine special overall, felt different compared to some of the other Fate episodes with the eerie storytelling. A lost room of finding lost items and people...
Stark700Dec 31, 2017 5:48 AM
Dec 31, 2017 7:42 AM
Nov 2017
There's spoiler in this special if you never played the game,it was nice but could have been better
Dec 31, 2017 7:46 AM
Aug 2017
Where can I watch this?
Dec 31, 2017 7:47 AM

Apr 2016
KitsuneGundam said:
Where can I watch this?

Must wait for the subs, only raws are out.
SwagernatorDec 31, 2017 7:59 AM
Dec 31, 2017 8:01 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
i am with you, atmosphere and the mystery are around...the action, low!!!
Dec 31, 2017 8:44 AM

Jan 2014
This OVA is an anime original that acts as a prologue to the most recent chapter/events inside of the game's story itself.

Really wouldn't suggest this to anyone who's not familiar with the game's current story. It's tantamount to picking up a new manga and skipping the first 100 chapters to start in the middle of the story. You'll just be confused.

Anyway; nice OVA. Thought it was pretty enjoyable and an interesting addition to the new events in-game.
Dec 31, 2017 9:01 AM

Jun 2011
Yea, seems like this ep is solely for fgo players
Dec 31, 2017 5:11 PM

Mar 2017
Ooooh so many spoilers here....

And more importantly.... GALAHAD SHOWED UP!! He's OP as fck, curb-stomping 6 Servants(?) like it was nothin
Dec 31, 2017 6:43 PM
Jan 2014
This is more like the current arc in the mobile game its like before the prologue of the game inside.
Dec 31, 2017 10:50 PM
Oct 2015
skullmanart said:
What the fuck did i just watch? an isekai magic battle harem series?

Fate/Grand Order: Moonlight/Lostroom is easily the worst Fate work alongside Fate/Grand Order: First Order by far. Such situation was to be expected, given that the source material is a waifu/husbando collection game for otaku self-insertion, but this piece of shit was really a garbage |o|

God have mercy on us! I never actually thought I would watch a Fate series which has a worsened version of Rito Yuuki from To LOVE-Ru as his main protagonist.

Gudao is easily the most weakest and worst of TM's protagonists by far. He's literally one of those typical beta harem MCs with zero personality that are found in practically every romantic comedy series.

Even those beta faggot protagonist from IS: Infinite Stratos has more personality and attitude than generic beta faggot cardboard-kun with zero personality and attitude called Gudao

|o| Jesus Christ, What kind of drugs did Nasu take to put a generic romantic comedy protagonist with zero personality and attitude like Gudao as the main protagonist of a Fate Series? Fuck Nasu.

You do know this is a tie into the main event of Fate Grand Order Part 2 right? Why don't you shove your uneducated self back into a corner and come once you've seen everything.
Jan 1, 2018 12:44 AM

Feb 2016
skullmanart said:
What the fuck did i just watch? an isekai magic battle harem series?

Fate/Grand Order: Moonlight/Lostroom is easily the worst Fate work alongside Fate/Grand Order: First Order by far. Such situation was to be expected, given that the source material is a waifu/husbando collection game for otaku self-insertion, but this piece of shit was really a garbage |o|

God have mercy on us! I never actually thought I would watch a Fate series which has a worsened version of Rito Yuuki from To LOVE-Ru as his main protagonist.

Gudao is easily the most weakest and worst of TM's protagonists by far. He's literally one of those typical beta harem MCs with zero personality that are found in practically every romantic comedy series.

Even those beta faggot protagonist from IS: Infinite Stratos has more personality and attitude than generic beta faggot cardboard-kun with zero personality and attitude called Gudao

|o| Jesus Christ, What kind of drugs did Nasu take to put a generic romantic comedy protagonist with zero personality and attitude like Gudao as the main protagonist of a Fate Series? Fuck Nasu.

Then you are a piece of shit.
Jan 1, 2018 5:12 AM
Nov 2017
I kinda wished that they used Gudao personality from the manga mortalis: stella, he is way better there
Jan 2, 2018 12:04 AM
Dec 2016
alredy saw it en español, totally a prologue for what is coming in the mobil game in the jap version, i play NA version and i spoiled a bit with this special but its ok, the special really show flew things, it was most focused on MCs thoughs and self reflexion i thing.
Jan 2, 2018 10:26 AM
May 2016
Kinda weird the scored pretty bit below 7

Maybe some people who set low score are non-players FGO or recently just play NA version of the game itself.

This special movie acts as some-kinda spoiler intro before enter Prologue 2 for upcoming new season of Fate/Grand Order with add title "Cosmos in the Lostbelt".

Finally can seen Galahad's face.. he's typically Shirou's face owo
Jan 3, 2018 1:03 AM
Dec 2013
AHHHHHHHHH?!!!! Damn!!! As an NA player I am shitting myself here!!! I gotta wait two years to actually play through these new chapters!!!!
IHGN Records
-Chiefbigcorn
Jan 3, 2018 1:04 AM

Apr 2016
Little confused there, but not for what you may think

The special that i watched was 3+ min long, and I feel it was not this one.

SO what did i watched. It has the same name.

There is actually a prologue for this one, that one i watched. MAL need to add another entry. There is one 30+ min long, where Mash run with christmas hat, and the 3+ min one i watch is where Fujimura is waking on the table in the beginning.
SwagernatorJan 3, 2018 1:27 AM
Jan 3, 2018 5:36 AM
Apr 2015
I'm glad we saw Olga again, felt like this episode was mostly about her. Which i don't mind since she deserves it and is a far better character than "self insert main protagonist".

For a moment i thought this was going to be a representation of Olga in a never ending after death "lotus eater machine" or something like that...
But then it shifted over to mc.

Lot's of servants, battles where oké. But other than galahad none of them displayed a actual personality or even talked. Which i suppose works well in here since they were just a dream(?) anyway.

And ofcourse not to forgot, they showed us Solomon's throne with the 10 rings and someone taking one of them... Who could this be?

All in all i say this was definitely better than whatever that special FGO episode was end 2016.
frenze12Jan 3, 2018 5:41 AM
Jan 3, 2018 6:13 AM

Sep 2009
Swagernator said:
Little confused there, but not for what you may think

The special that i watched was 3+ min long, and I feel it was not this one.

SO what did i watched. It has the same name.

There is actually a prologue for this one, that one i watched. MAL need to add another entry. There is one 30+ min long, where Mash run with christmas hat, and the 3+ min one i watch is where Fujimura is waking on the table in the beginning.

I was wondering what people were talking about. Yeah MAL needs to add a new entry for the short.
Jan 3, 2018 6:15 AM

Apr 2016
komic said:
I was wondering what people were talking about. Yeah MAL needs to add a new entry for the short.

Funny that the short no one knows about has eng subs, and this actual FGO special is not yet eng subbed.
Jan 3, 2018 6:16 AM

Sep 2009
Swagernator said:
komic said:

Funny that the short no one knows about has eng subs, and this actual FGO special is not yet eng subbed.

give it another few days and there will be tons of subs.
Jan 3, 2018 9:20 AM
Jan 2017
Based on this prologue, I'm guessing there is another anime project based on Fate/Grand Order in the works. I don't play the game so I'm missing on much of what happened, still I'm interested in seeing how things will play out.
Jan 3, 2018 9:23 AM

Apr 2016
HeroVladimir93 said:
Based on this prologue, I'm guessing there is another anime project based on Fate/Grand Order in the works. I don't play the game so I'm missing on much of what happened, still I'm interested in seeing how things will play out.

Did you watched 30 min version or the 3 min version of this ?

There are actually two of them, but only one (the 3min.) is eng subbed.
Jan 3, 2018 9:40 AM
Jan 2017
Swagernator said:
HeroVladimir93 said:

Did you watched 30 min version or the 3 min version of this ?

There are actually two of them, but only one (the 3min.) is eng subbed.

Considering I've only watched the 3min., I guess there are parts I haven't watched yet.
Jan 3, 2018 10:22 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was something.........
Jan 3, 2018 12:23 PM
Mar 2016
Man, so what was this for anyways?
Jan 3, 2018 2:38 PM
Nov 2017
Whoahoho said:

Is basic to prepare for Part 2 of the game, so if you watch before play the entery of Part 1 you basic get spoiled
Jan 3, 2018 9:02 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Centurionzo_12 said:
Whoahoho said:

Is basic to prepare for Part 2 of the game, so if you watch before play the entery of Part 1 you basic get spoiled

This. I play on the NA version, and spoilers with that fight.

Saber alter was the best servant gudako had, and it wasn't enough to win. Boy should have rolled for SSRs, unless he had E rank luck lol.

Jan 3, 2018 9:59 PM

Aug 2015
geemaa said:
Centurionzo_12 said:

This. I play on the NA version, and spoilers with that fight.

Saber alter was the best servant gudako had, and it wasn't enough to win. Boy should have rolled for SSRs, unless he had E rank luck lol.

To be fair, She wasn't fighting a nobody, it was motherfucking Galahad in person,
Jan 5, 2018 1:09 AM

Apr 2016
Finally they subbed the whole shit.

Like, i know, i know, there is always that one special that must be released so that people can spend more money on new years gacha.

I just hope, that one day we will see the whole TV series or series of OVAs for FGO.

I hope ...
Jan 5, 2018 1:13 AM

Aug 2008
Too much dribble, not enough Kiyohime or Ishtar. Well, it made as much sense as any other fate franchise entry.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 5, 2018 5:46 AM

Oct 2016
i just watched the 32 minute version, and even if im versed on the Nasuverse i still have some questions left, i hope one of you guys can answer me...

1 - so this was all a dream that Fujimaru had while sleeping on the basement? basically he saw things that happened in that room while Olga was still alive, right?

2 - do we have any clue who that male Shielder is? he kinda looked like Fujimaru, maybe a representation of his feeling towards Mash?

3 - what did it mean that scene at the end, with the throne and someone picking up a ring?
Jan 5, 2018 6:57 AM

Sep 2009
Inokori said:

2 - do we have any clue who that male Shielder is? he kinda looked like Fujimaru, maybe a representation of his feeling towards Mash?

Galahad dude. The hero that Mash has in her to let her become a servant.
Jan 5, 2018 8:25 AM

Oct 2016
komic said:
Inokori said:

damn, last time i checked it wasnt confirmed who Shielder was
is this confirmation recent or did i just missed it? sometimes i read too much and loss some of it
Jan 5, 2018 8:30 AM

Sep 2009
Inokori said:
komic said:

is this confirmation recent or did i just missed it? sometimes i read too much and loss some of it

it was confirmed in the game. This episode is a huge spoiler if you haven't played it, which to people outside the US haven't. like me.
Jan 5, 2018 9:22 AM

Oct 2016
komic said:
Inokori said:

it was confirmed in the game. This episode is a huge spoiler if you haven't played it, which to people outside the US haven't. like me.
i guess i wasnt that educated in the game, i have a general understanding up until the beginning of FGO2 but since i havent read translation is just something i glossed over, gonna have to wait until we reach that point in NA
Jan 5, 2018 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
It will be too expensive to have all those servants voiced, you know?

I like how Gudao have just silver servant while Olga have bunch of gold, just to show how better she is.

Jan 5, 2018 10:45 AM

Jun 2014
Well even if they're catering to the people who have actually played the game, I still like watching new Fate stuff. Of course, I didn't really understand what was happening since I haven't played the game, but the fights were pretty cool. Hopefully an actual series will be made someday that caters to more than just the game's audience.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 5, 2018 2:38 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was a strange dream!!
Jan 5, 2018 6:03 PM

Dec 2016
Lost room? More like lost me on wtf is going on! #gottem
Jan 6, 2018 5:45 AM
Nov 2017
Woodfall said:
Lost room? More like lost me on wtf is going on! #gottem

This was just from people who played the game, it's a even show in the broadcast that would show the news about the game, so yeah it's not from everyone
Jan 7, 2018 7:55 AM

Oct 2015
Where did you guys watch the 32 mins version?? All I found is a 3 mins video only. Please give me a link.
Jan 8, 2018 3:55 AM

Mar 2015
Woops maybe I shouldn't have watched this as a NA player haha

Well whatever got to see Caster Gil & Jekyll/Hyde animated, dream come true T_T
Jan 8, 2018 9:22 AM

Aug 2015
It's great to see Olga again, and finally they showed Galahad!!! Olga and Mash are so cute *-*.
Jan 8, 2018 1:36 PM
May 2013
This special: Animation B+ Story C Letdown EX
Excepting few good scenes it felt more like a recap.
Jan 11, 2018 10:56 AM

May 2009
Boring as fuck, too much talking about things that only hard mobage players would care.
Jan 12, 2018 10:41 PM

Dec 2013
Inokori said:
i just watched the 32 minute version, and even if im versed on the Nasuverse i still have some questions left, i hope one of you guys can answer me...

1 - so this was all a dream that Fujimaru had while sleeping on the basement? basically he saw things that happened in that room while Olga was still alive, right?

3 - what did it mean that scene at the end, with the throne and someone picking up a ring?

This may be inaccurate or somewhat theoretical, but I feel like I kinda understood where it was coming from so I'll give it a shot in answering here (being a JP OG player):

1.) The "Lostroom" is meant to be a space in Chaldea which is out of any time loop, something of a twilight zone. I believe it's something like a memory box for individuals who enter it, and the reason why we had certain interactions was due to the mysterious "beast"-like lady that was hovering above the room. Notice how when Olga left the room, Fujimaru couldn't remember exactly who she was?
First the "Lostroom" was showcasing Olga Marie's memories from before the singularities, revealing her history with Chaldea, her relationship with Lev and Mashu, all the way up till after Fujimaru joined and FGO had reached it's current point. Given what we know about Olga Marie's current status, it felt more like a projection of her spirit in that single space being shown to viewers to link her to the current story. Lev walking out of the room the moment Fujimaru entered was somewhat symbolic of the story we know of in FGO as well.

The second part with Fujimaru's interactions with Olga Marie's memories were quite minimal before even she left the room. It was kind of a shift in perspectives from Olga's "memories" to Fujimaru's current state. What we got after that was our MC basically trying to solve some internal conflicts about his worth and the meaning for all the experiences that he'd gone through up until now, with some words of advice from his servants and Mashu of course.

Given our MC's history of falling asleep all around Chaldea, I guess it would be safe to assume that he stumbled upon the "Lost Room" by chance whilst looking for a place to nap, without knowing what it was (as described by the Chaldea workers at the beginning).

So whilst "Beast"girl was reviewing Olga's old memories, Fujimaru sort of intruded into her space and we got to see a little of both individuals stories mixed together.

The setting of the entire show is suppose to take place at X-mas 2017, given the events that are occuring in the FGO game. That "LostRoom" was basically a time capsule taking us back through memory lane to show us what had been happening with our characters for the last few years (in the game at least).

2.) As mentioned by @komic, it's the servant who granted Mashu with Demi-servant status. The big reveal will happen once FGO players arrive at the Camelot missions.

3.) That is a huge spoiler for players of FGO who have not reached the last part of FGO's story. But lets just say that a certain beloved character thought dead is probably very much alive and will reappear in FGO2. Of course, since FGO2 is only beginning in spring 2018, we can only speculate at this point.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 13, 2018 4:14 AM

Oct 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
Inokori said:

This may be inaccurate or somewhat theoretical, but I feel like I kinda understood where it was coming from so I'll give it a shot in answering here (being a JP OG player):

1.) The "Lostroom" is meant to be a space in Chaldea which is out of any time loop, something of a twilight zone. I believe it's something like a memory box for individuals who enter it, and the reason why we had certain interactions was due to the mysterious "beast"-like lady that was hovering above the room. Notice how when Olga left the room, Fujimaru couldn't remember exactly who she was?
First the "Lostroom" was showcasing Olga Marie's memories from before the singularities, revealing her history with Chaldea, her relationship with Lev and Mashu, all the way up till after Fujimaru joined and FGO had reached it's current point. Given what we know about Olga Marie's current status, it felt more like a projection of her spirit in that single space being shown to viewers to link her to the current story. Lev walking out of the room the moment Fujimaru entered was somewhat symbolic of the story we know of in FGO as well.

The second part with Fujimaru's interactions with Olga Marie's memories were quite minimal before even she left the room. It was kind of a shift in perspectives from Olga's "memories" to Fujimaru's current state. What we got after that was our MC basically trying to solve some internal conflicts about his worth and the meaning for all the experiences that he'd gone through up until now, with some words of advice from his servants and Mashu of course.

Given our MC's history of falling asleep all around Chaldea, I guess it would be safe to assume that he stumbled upon the "Lost Room" by chance whilst looking for a place to nap, without knowing what it was (as described by the Chaldea workers at the beginning).

So whilst "Beast"girl was reviewing Olga's old memories, Fujimaru sort of intruded into her space and we got to see a little of both individuals stories mixed together.

The setting of the entire show is suppose to take place at X-mas 2017, given the events that are occuring in the FGO game. That "LostRoom" was basically a time capsule taking us back through memory lane to show us what had been happening with our characters for the last few years (in the game at least).

2.) As mentioned by @komic, it's the servant who granted Mashu with Demi-servant status. The big reveal will happen once FGO players arrive at the Camelot missions.

3.) That is a huge spoiler for players of FGO who have not reached the last part of FGO's story. But lets just say that a certain beloved character thought dead is probably very much alive and will reappear in FGO2. Of course, since FGO2 is only beginning in spring 2018, we can only speculate at this point.
i see, i was unaware that the true identity of Shielder was revealed, while i know about that end dead of a beloved character, i was missing some info on specific chapters, i suppose i will get it better once NA reachs there
thanks for the help!
Jan 16, 2018 10:19 AM

Feb 2013
Man, it was too damn boring, I almost fell asleep.
Jan 16, 2018 10:39 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
You are on right because to the half of the episode don´t understand well what is happen!!!
Jan 23, 2018 3:57 AM
Sep 2013
We finally get to see some glimpse of what the MC is like, instead of just being a blank-slate wish-fulfillment avatar.

So basically, their world is heading towards the future of Notes. And a future "badass" Servant-like version of the MC? Copying Shirou too much.

And finally, of course we would not get to hear the secretaries voice, cuz depending whether she is voiced by Chiwa Saito, that would confirm whether or not the fan-theory that she is one of the Tamamos is correct.

All and all, its just a tiny tease for those who plays the game but pretty much what you should had expected so no disappointments here.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does it require FGO JP story knowledge?

artyfarty - Jan 14, 2018

9 by Alexioos95 »»
Jan 20, 2022 8:23 AM

» Fate/Grand Order Moonlight/Lostroom Prologue Cosmos in the Lostbelt

maxdefolsch - Jan 6, 2018

5 by Swagernator »»
Jan 6, 2018 11:32 AM

» Expectations

HappyMN - Dec 9, 2017

13 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 20, 2017 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.