Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 31, 2017 12:15 PM
Dec 2017
Shuda- said:
@Siv3001

"4) what is this reverse side of the world has it ever been brought up before this? And how on earth does Jeanne even get there? How? And you mean to tell me she stayed thirsty for Sieg for countless centuries?? Wtf why did she even like him? I just don't understand"

You know, that this is one timeline out of a massive multi-universe right? The reverse side of the world is an important aspect of the Nasuverse. The Throne of Heroes (Where heroic spirits reside) is outside of the time axis, so while it is God knows how long for Sieg, and us; for Jeanne, it was like retracing her steps over and over a near infinite amount of times until she found it.

Educate yourself on Type Moon and Nasuverse, there's a great big wiki with everything.

I can tell you now 95% of the watchers have no idea what any of those things are you can't create an anime world and not explain its mechanics and world setting/lore on the show thats just bad writing
Dec 31, 2017 12:18 PM
Dec 2017
But most importantly why was Sieg around after using Blasted tree??
Dec 31, 2017 12:25 PM

May 2011
Siv3001 said:
Shuda- said:
@Siv3001

"4) what is this reverse side of the world has it ever been brought up before this? And how on earth does Jeanne even get there? How? And you mean to tell me she stayed thirsty for Sieg for countless centuries?? Wtf why did she even like him? I just don't understand"

You know, that this is one timeline out of a massive multi-universe right? The reverse side of the world is an important aspect of the Nasuverse. The Throne of Heroes (Where heroic spirits reside) is outside of the time axis, so while it is God knows how long for Sieg, and us; for Jeanne, it was like retracing her steps over and over a near infinite amount of times until she found it.

Educate yourself on Type Moon and Nasuverse, there's a great big wiki with everything.

I can tell you now 95% of the watchers have no idea what any of those things are you can't create an anime world and not explain its mechanics and world setting/lore on the show thats just bad writing

This Franchise is around 20 years old, and I wouldn't underestimate the Japanese fanbase. However, I can see your point being that Apocrypha is a bad introduction to the universe, cause it assumes you are already familiar with it. Although looking at it the other way, it might get people more interested in learning about it and branch off to the earlier titles. This Anime was clearly advertisement for Fate/Grand Order as well lol.
Dec 31, 2017 12:45 PM

Jan 2014
Can someone explain why Shiro's wish got "granted"? I thought only the winner could ask for a wish, but the Grail answered his even though there were still a bunch of Masters and Servants at the time? What's the difference between the Greater Grail and the other one?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 31, 2017 12:47 PM

Jan 2014
Siv3001 said:
Shuda- said:
@Siv3001

Yeah, it is bad writing. I agree. They just conveniently leave out all this shit that comes into play at the end that makes all the difference. Like what?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 31, 2017 2:19 PM

Apr 2016
It wasn't bad but wasn't good either.This is the 1st anime from Fate series I watched.but I think I understand what this whole series is about and I'm not interested to watch again a war for Holy Grail.
Final score 7/10 (i think is a little too high)

Dec 31, 2017 2:34 PM

Sep 2016
See ya guys in Fate/extra last encore in a couple of weeks, and Happy New Year 2018!

8/10
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Dec 31, 2017 2:55 PM

Feb 2014
So technically speaking, without going into details and stuff, Best servant Astolfo actually won the war.

Holy shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2017 3:00 PM

Aug 2014
I am quite confused about the timeline of Apocrypha. Isnt it about the 3rd Holy Grail War, taking place before the 4th one ? How come Waver is all grown up in this one? AM I missing something?
Dec 31, 2017 3:09 PM

Jun 2011
joshua10red said:
It wasn't bad but wasn't good either.This is the 1st anime from Fate series I watched.but I think I understand what this whole series is about and I'm not interested to watch again a war for Holy Grail.
Final score 7/10 (i think is a little too high)

well, you just watched the worst Fate Series out of the entire franchise so apocrycha isn't really a good start. Apocryha story wasn't even made by the original creators who did the main series.They also had a mediocre studio. The main series on the other hand have top quality art & animation scenes.
Theorder14Dec 31, 2017 3:22 PM
Dec 31, 2017 3:16 PM

Jun 2011
Theorder14 said:

1) why wasn't frskenstein just strolling around after Blasted tree? Saber only survived due to being boosted by command seal Blasted tree is a suicide bombing basically he shouldn't have lived.
2)Sieg and Astolfo were already in the grail before Shirou died their scene was just shown later
3)Sieg should've lost all command seals since his arm went all black so how is he still powering up Astolfo?
4) what is this reverse side of the world has it ever been brought up before this? And how on earth does Jeanne even get there? How? And you mean to tell me she stayed thirsty for Sieg for countless centuries?? Wtf why did she even like him? I just don't understand

1) Because she already got heavily injured before and that was a blasted tree reinforced with command spell so it's no wonder she got wiped out.
2) The battle was already concluded and Sieg & Astolfo was clearly the winner.
3)The Master is still connected to the servant even if all command spells are used up. I believe that was stated in the main series.

Dec 31, 2017 3:36 PM

Oct 2014
NamelessWaltz said:
I am quite confused about the timeline of Apocrypha. Isnt it about the 3rd Holy Grail War, taking place before the 4th one ? How come Waver is all grown up in this one? AM I missing something?

The war you're seeing in this anime happens after the third grail war. In the third grail war Amakusa shirou was summoned and the Greater Grail was stolen by Darnic. so this "Great Holy Grail War" is the fourth war technicaly since Fate/Zero's fourth war never happend in this universe.

Waver being an adult here makes sense, you can just tell yourself he carried out his life normally in the mage's association and eventually became Lord El Melloi II. What doesn't make sense tho is that he has Iskandar's catalyst and talks about him as if he met him before.

The LN probably explains it, too bad Vol 5 it isn't translated.
Dec 31, 2017 3:57 PM
Dec 2017
Theorder14 said:
Theorder14 said:

1) why wasn't frskenstein just strolling around after Blasted tree? Saber only survived due to being boosted by command seal Blasted tree is a suicide bombing basically he shouldn't have lived.
2)Sieg and Astolfo were already in the grail before Shirou died their scene was just shown later
3)Sieg should've lost all command seals since his arm went all black so how is he still powering up Astolfo?
4) what is this reverse side of the world has it ever been brought up before this? And how on earth does Jeanne even get there? How? And you mean to tell me she stayed thirsty for Sieg for countless centuries?? Wtf why did she even like him? I just don't understand

1) Because she already got heavily injured before and that was a blasted tree reinforced with command spell so it's no wonder she got wiped out.
3)The Master is still connected to the servant even if all command spells are used up. I believe that was stated in the main series.

1) Well Sieg had fought frikken karna did that not injure him? He got stabbed fatally by Shirou, is that not an injury? And most importantly Blasted tree is suicide bombing Sieg should not be alive. How was he alive?
3) if masters use up their command seals they lose their servants hence why nobody just uses command seals at will so no it can't be because they are connected.
2) Both Shirou and Sieg should be dead yet plot convenience allows Sieg to walk away the last 5 or whatever episodes were just plot convenience for Sieg the whole way
Siv3001Dec 31, 2017 4:06 PM
Dec 31, 2017 4:13 PM

Oct 2014
Siv3001 said:
3) if masters use up their command seals they lose their servants hence why nobody just uses command seals at will so no it can't be because they are connected.

Wrong, even if you use all 3 command spells your servant will still be around and everything is normal. Sieg and Astolfo still have the master-servant contract between them active.

Command spells have always been an insurance for the masters as well as allowing for some high-level magic and feats from your servant that would otherwise be impossible. But if you have none left then there's nothing stopping your servant from murdering you whenever they feel like it, it's about trust.
Dec 31, 2017 4:21 PM

Feb 2013
It was nice that in the end they ended up together.
Dec 31, 2017 4:22 PM
Apr 2016
Yeah. Well... I will remember the 23-24th episodes and the rest is just what Chaos; Child is to Science Fiction Adventure Series... Whew, was almost scared.
Oh and this... "spit-off" ends just like Rogue One did. It's something.
Note: I misspelled "Spin-off", but in the end it came out just right.
And why oh in the world would she say "Koi" instead of "Ai" YOU FAILED IT DEVIANTS YOU JUST HAD TO FAIL IT!
Daniel_NaumovDec 31, 2017 4:28 PM
Re:formed
Dec 31, 2017 5:09 PM

Jul 2015
I liked the ending, all the second half was way better tho, especially after Jack's Arc.

7/10 no regrets, Apocrypha has a lot of issues but it was really fun to watch.
Dec 31, 2017 5:31 PM

Jul 2017
Only reason the Apocrypha ending was good was so that it could make way for Extra and best girl Red Saber.

It was eh... 6/10 at best not quite a 7 for me. Wow cool I guess Cardboard-kun would be in the throne of heroes now.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Dec 31, 2017 6:23 PM
May 2016
so uh, where is Astolfo getting mana from in order to stay in the world now that the GHGW is over?
Dec 31, 2017 6:31 PM
Mar 2015
so is rider of black stuck in the real world?
Dec 31, 2017 6:45 PM

Jun 2016
Good ending. Was a lot better than most Fate anime, imo.

Cast was twice as large, yet every character got more screen time than Medusa.
Backstory to the servants (Mordred, Jeanne)
Better cast (Sieg, Ruler, Mordred, Karna, Shirou > Emiya, Sakura, Rin, Artoria, Kotomine Kirei...)
20% more reasonable. (Largest magical war in history, not a single person or news station notices, well makes sense if it's in some rural European village than a giant mega city like Tokyo.)

Again, imo, franchise would be twice as successful if the backstories of each servant got an anime, cause it makes more sense than any of the grail wars.

Especially with Waver talking to Rider, it felt like a better follow up than stay night.
Dec 31, 2017 6:59 PM

Jun 2013
Wait, isn't Astolfo suppose to get a wish too?
I loved the beginning and the fights, but Sieg was just such a "meh" main protagonist. The romance between him and Jeanne felt extremely forced and was unnecessary imo. Personally, I think it would have been much more badass to have Mordred and her partner as the protagonists. Overall, still enjoyed watching this series.

Inorichi said:

Again, imo, franchise would be twice as successful if the backstories of each servant got an anime, cause it makes more sense than any of the grail wars.

Have you watched Juni Taisen? It's the same premise as the Holy Grail War, but it's literally what you just said instead of focusing on the fights/overarching story.
Dec 31, 2017 7:07 PM

Jun 2016
Hamelin said:
Wait, isn't Astolfo suppose to get a wish too?
I loved the beginning and the fights, but Sieg was just such a "meh" main protagonist. The romance between him and Jeanne felt extremely forced and was unnecessary imo. Personally, I think it would have been much more badass to have Mordred and her partner as the protagonists. Overall, still enjoyed watching this series.

Inorichi said:

Have you watched Juni Taisen? It's the same premise as the Holy Grail War, but it's literally what you just said instead of focusing on the fights/overarching story.

Nope, I was going to hold off on it because it scored low and everyone says its a bad copy of Fate. I might watch it now though, cause I just finished Apocrypha and don't have a to watch next though.
Dec 31, 2017 7:19 PM

Sep 2010
The real MVPs are Mordred, Semiramis, and Karna. Probably my favorite characters as well as Achilles. So DW, when do we Semiramis and Achilles as servants in Fate GO????????!? >.<
Dec 31, 2017 7:39 PM
Apr 2015
What was this stuff with Velvet when he looked at the part of Iskandar's robe in the box? I thought that War didn't happen in this timeline and yet it seemed as if Velvet knew best boi somehow. What was that about?

And what does that ball thing has to do with anything? What cameo? I didn't understant that refference at all. Someone please explain.
Dec 31, 2017 7:43 PM

Jul 2015
Good ending.

I am haply that Seig was able to meet Jeanne after so much time.

That being said Karna is my favourite character in Apocrypha.Hoping to see him in Fate/Extra.

And I will love to see if it is possible a Gilgamesh vs Karna fight in future.

Dec 31, 2017 7:56 PM

Sep 2016
This was a great way to end 2017.
No regrets at all.
The ending was sweet. For once in a fate anime,a good ending. I am truly glad to see that.
After all suffering I seen all the Fate series.
Dec 31, 2017 8:50 PM

Sep 2015
That was a pretty decent ending. Pretty sure Jeanne and Sieg prob went farther offscreen when she placed his hand on her chest lol.
Dec 31, 2017 9:33 PM

Apr 2016
Worst Fate has finally ended
The romance between Block of Wood and Jeanne is too forced and Gordes X Sieg would probably be a better couple than them lol

The Red Team should have more screentime because Shakespeare was amusing to watch

The cameo of Flat and Lord El Melloi II is making me want to have an anime of Strange/Fake though it's probably too early for that since the novel isn't finished
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2017 10:03 PM
Dec 2017
Ramkec said:
What a based guy this Amakusa Shirou Tokisada was man, he died believing into his cause until the very end (and what a great name as well)

Can't believe an actual guy with this name really existed in our history.

Really good Fate series in my opinion, probably the best entry in this universum after Fate Zero, cause even no matter how much annoying Sieg was he can't be worse then Emiya "people die when they are killed". This is peak for the Fate, its as good as it gets, telling you this as an expert in this field.

You havent played Fate Grand Order then.
Dec 31, 2017 10:08 PM
Dec 2017
Shayon said:
NamelessWaltz said:

The war you're seeing in this anime happens after the third grail war. In the third grail war Amakusa shirou was summoned and the Greater Grail was stolen by Darnic. so this "Great Holy Grail War" is the fourth war technicaly since Fate/Zero's fourth war never happend in this universe.

Waver being an adult here makes sense, you can just tell yourself he carried out his life normally in the mage's association and eventually became Lord El Melloi II. What doesn't make sense tho is that he has Iskandar's catalyst and talks about him as if he met him before.

Waver Velvet participated in pseudo Holy Grail Wars before the Great Holy Grail Wsr of Apoc. Darnic was the perpetrator. It happened several times and the Assassin class became the most used class and a Wiki of "How to Win the Fake Holy Grail Wars" began. Yup, even in this universe, Velvet still fcks his sensei's catalyst.
Dec 31, 2017 10:36 PM
Nov 2015
Pretty much a satisfying happy ending. As seen Shirou still believing that his wish is the best for the salvation of human. Also seeing him together with Semiramis was nice. The kiss of those two and forgiving each other was a nice ending for them.

Kinda didn't expect Sieg's wish on becoming a dragon in order to take away the grail from humans. As for Astolfo, I'm happy that he's still around along with Laeticia. I wonder what those two will be up to.

Glad to see Caules and Fiore surviving the war.

Seeing the happy ending in the end as Sieg, becoming a dragon, is no longer lonely after he is found by Jeanne d' Arc in the reverse side of the world. That may have taken her a long time for her to finally see Sieg. I'm happy to see her sweet confession to Sieg.

Overall, it's isn't a bad anime. Also it isn't a good anime. I have to say, I have enjoyed watching it. I believe that they could've done better aside from having Sieg as the MC.

I guess this is where it ends. Looking forward for Fate/Extra Last Encore.

Dec 31, 2017 11:01 PM

Sep 2012
It ended pretty well and the last couple of fight scenes had a lot of energy. Jack the Ripper and Archer of Red's story-lines felt especially flat. Berserker (frankenstein's monster) remained best girl throughout, I liked how she was re-included in the second cour briefly. I was sold on the relationship between Jean and the Sig by the end. While what I say is mostly positive, there was quite a bit of tedium to get to the good parts. 4/10
Dec 31, 2017 11:07 PM

Apr 2011
That ending was okay.

It was a fun ride. It was nice how the series pretty much ended.

I will leave it at that. A new Fate series is aproaching. Then there's a SoL version of FSN. I'll try to watch Fate Zero if I can get a copy on the web.

7/10
Dec 31, 2017 11:17 PM

Aug 2013
So much potential for the concept of this series as an entity in the Fate franchise and it was just a thoroughly butchered masterpiece of a mess. I will go ahead and say that the only decent episode was 22. The rest of it just sucked in my eyes. 4/10
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 31, 2017 11:24 PM

May 2010
Nice ending to a terrible show. 4/10
Jan 1, 2018 2:55 AM

Jun 2011
Siv3001 said:
Theorder14 said:

1) Well Sieg had fought frikken karna did that not injure him? He got stabbed fatally by Shirou, is that not an injury? And most importantly Blasted tree is suicide bombing Sieg should not be alive. How was he alive?
2) Both Shirou and Sieg should be dead yet plot convenience allows Sieg to walk away the last 5 or whatever episodes were just plot convenience for Sieg the whole way

Like i said, the reason why he survived is because his body is that of a dragon. Although it's called a suicide move, it's not certain the user would die. Heck, it's even mentioned in the ability description that blasted tree has a small chance of reviving the user instead.
I honestly don't know where you get ur info from. Never does it mention that losing all your command seals means that the master and servant lose their connection. It's even mentioned in the main series that the connection would still remain. So where do u even get ur info from?
Jan 1, 2018 2:56 AM

Dec 2013
Decent end for a meh tier show.
Jan 1, 2018 3:02 AM

Nov 2011
Probably the worst Fate anime in term of storyline. You introduce bunch of characters but decided to focus on the least interesting one. The servants deserve better.

Jan 1, 2018 3:20 AM
Mar 2017
Well
Generlly It's a good show
But it's bad compared to zero & stay night ubw __ There are not characters that we can call them good characters .
Traps and love and wow... a beautiful ending 😑 ?
are you kidfing me _ where is the really sad moments __
It's a parrel world so we saw that the holy grill didn't destory every thing .
I think that they do that seasons like
Apocrypha _ extra _ prototype __ ... e t c

Just to introduce the characters of Fate grand order .

10/7
Jan 1, 2018 3:21 AM

Dec 2017
Contrary to what the vast majority of people seem to think about this show, I actually really enjoyed it. It doesn't hold a candle at all to Zero or UBW imo, but I still had fun watching it. It may just be the huge Fate fan in me talking, but despite the glaring issues the series had, I nonetheless cannot deny the enjoyment I had watching it due to all of the cool Heroic Spirits, Noble Phantasms, and other Fate stuff in it. I give it a very solid 7/10 out of personal enjoyment alone.

Now, if only Sieg didn't exist and Mordred was the main protagonist.
shikinoutaMar 11, 2018 10:09 PM
Jan 1, 2018 3:23 AM
Dec 2017
Starting from the beginning of the series, it hooked me instantly. The first thing was the servants names and who they represented and the second was the opening. Now I am a bit biased towards the op because it was sung from EGOIST and I like their music. The first half of the series was pretty good it had teasers on the servants and the character development wasn't bad. When I first saw Sieg I went, "Oh great another stereotypical MC that can't do anything because he is instantly weak" but actually I was wrong. He wasn't the overpowered strong but he wasn't extremely weak either. That was nice. For the other characters they were pretty cool, however there were some plot holes. One of them was how in the freaking world did king Arthur who we know is a girl have a child and why did it have to be a girl but that's just me being mad at the fact they didn't follow source material, moving on I also liked a bit of the psychological parts to it as well as the philosophical parts. They were mostly black and white but there's nothing wrong with that. The second half however was a bit slow. Jack the Ripper wasn't really all that scary more like weird and creepy as well as, why did it have to be a girl. Once again actual history/lore says dude. Some of the character deaths weren't all that tragic but I don't think they were focused on that, who knows. Shirou wasn't really interesting he just seemed like that guy that wants to save the human race but at the same time forsakes them. Not really done well. Sieg I agree that he could've had better character development but the way it was done was done well. It wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst. The best for the second half was the fighting that was great. Animation was good and didn't look like Studio Pierrot/Clown's crappy and half-done animation. The last episode felt slightly rushed but they only had 24 minutes to do it so understandable and the way it ended wasn't really original but I found it interesting that instead of the wish being override by another wish(which it still is) but by the hard work and faith in people that the wish didn't come into affect.
I say 8/10 because the fight scenes and I enjoyed it.
Jan 1, 2018 3:33 AM
Dec 2017
Theorder14 said:
Siv3001 said:

Like i said, the reason why he survived is because his body is that of a dragon. Although it's called a suicide move, it's not certain the user would die. Heck, it's even mentioned in the ability description that blasted tree has a small chance of reviving the user instead.
I honestly don't know where you get ur info from. Never does it mention that losing all your command seals means that the master and servant lose their connection. It's even mentioned in the main series that the connection would still remain. So where do u even get ur info from?

Blasted tree has a small chance of creating a new Frankenstein as was the case with Sieg when he was struck by Frankys lightening from her blasted tree not simply reviving the user since the NP comes from the fire Frankenstein killed herself in. Just accept Sieg being alive was an ass pull.
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Command_Spells
Siv3001Jan 1, 2018 3:36 AM
Jan 1, 2018 3:38 AM
Oct 2012
So the scene at the very first episode was actually the ending, what the heck. Anyway, it was not a bad ride. Still better than DEEN's and that is good enough. 8/10
Jan 1, 2018 3:50 AM

Oct 2014
JDartrix said:
Shayon said:

Waver Velvet participated in pseudo Holy Grail Wars before the Great Holy Grail Wsr of Apoc. Darnic was the perpetrator. It happened several times and the Assassin class became the most used class and a Wiki of "How to Win the Fake Holy Grail Wars" began. Yup, even in this universe, Velvet still fcks his sensei's catalyst.

So that's how it was, I get it now, thanks.

AgaelVastar said:
What was this stuff with Velvet when he looked at the part of Iskandar's robe in the box? I thought that War didn't happen in this timeline and yet it seemed as if Velvet knew best boi somehow. What was that about?

What JDartrix said above ^
Jan 1, 2018 3:52 AM
Dec 2017
ina-astral said:
So the scene at the very first episode was actually the ending, what the heck. Anyway, it was not a bad ride. Still better than DEEN's and that is good enough. 8/10

no. DEEN for all it's faults managed to deliver the proper end in that meant a lot in the fate route. Apocrypha was literally filled with ass pulls for sieg as it went on, we don't get any depth on the characters especially in the anime and the novel does a little better but it's not really all justifiable since more than half of them aren't even there to fulfill anything which just screams lazy writing.

the freaking author tried way too hard to keep what he was going to do for apocrypha originally as a MMO intact and that was one of the main backfires that came off Sieg. it is literally a play by play on how shirou was saved but it got taken to the ridiculous levels of plot armor and ass pulls we're supposed to call out the creator on but a couple wanna pretend this was okay. A-1 pictures had this golden opportunity to make the story better but they somehow in some way made a bad story into an even shittier one with how badly rushed a lot of this shit was.
Jan 1, 2018 4:07 AM
Dec 2017
Shuda- said:
@Siv3001

they are educated it's really stupid and a play by play copy of how they did artoria and shirou. how bout you educate yourself first in story writing and directing before you tell another person to educate himself on a series that had a lore behind it.
Jan 1, 2018 4:21 AM

Jun 2013
I give it my review already so there is not much else to say.

I enjoyed it pretty much despite it's flaws. Not the best Fate work but not the worst either. Watching it only for Jeanne and Mordred made the entire story worth it.

Now on toward Extra. This year it's UMU year.
Jan 1, 2018 4:26 AM
Oct 2012
Fu-reiji said:
ina-astral said:

no. DEEN for all it's faults managed to deliver the proper end in that meant a lot in the fate route. Apocrypha was literally filled with ass pulls for sieg as it went on, we don't get any depth on the characters especially in the anime and the novel does a little better but it's not really all justifiable since more than half of them aren't even there to fulfill anything which just screams lazy writing.

the freaking author tried way too hard to keep what he was going to do for apocrypha originally as a MMO intact and that was one of the main backfires that came off Sieg. it is literally a play by play on how shirou was saved but it got taken to the ridiculous levels of plot armor and ass pulls we're supposed to call out the creator on but a couple wanna pretend this was okay. A-1 pictures had this golden opportunity to make the story better but they somehow in some way made a bad story into an even shittier one with how badly rushed a lot of this shit was.

lol, deen's 2006 fate made less sense to me even though that was supposed to be the introductions towards fate universe. It's not until i've read the actual visual novel that i understood what fate was actually. On the other hand, i'm more or less understood the point of apocrypha's story without the need to read the original source, which is light novel iirc? That alone is enough for me to decide that it's still better than deen's supposedly 'fate' route adaptation

edit : though you're true about apocrypha story being bad due to plot armors and nonsense pulls
Jan 1, 2018 4:38 AM
Dec 2017
ina-astral said:
Fu-reiji said:

lol, deen's 2006 fate made less sense to me even though that was supposed to be the introductions towards fate universe. It's not until i've read the actual visual novel that i understood what fate was actually. On the other hand, i'm more or less understood the point of apocrypha's story without the need to read the original source, which is light novel iirc? That alone is enough for me to decide that it's still better than deen's supposedly 'fate' route adaptation

edit : though you're true about apocrypha story being bad due to plot armors and nonsense pulls

yes it's a light novel with only 5 volumes. here's the problem with being able to understand it. they literally treated this like a disney project where it had obvious signs that the original author had no idea where the hell he was going with any of this. any amount of build up he had literally sank down the toilet with an obvious cliche or anime trope that literally made a lot of the other fate stories stand out in their own rights which is what makes replaying them worthwhile to check up on any details you missed. apocrypha doesn't give you any that. and as far as i can tell Apocrypha only managed to beat out the fate prototype OVA and that puts it below kaleide prisma illya, studio deen's 2006 anime and movie version of UBW and that's just the rating system on this site alone.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

77 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 20, 2023 7:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.