Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jan 5, 2020 3:51 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I don't understand the hate for this anime and fate/extra last encore tbh, I thought both were decent. My only problem with sieg is that he's way less interesting compared to the other characters who should've gotten more screentime and being able to fight the likes of karna and amakusa shirou. I wish the red faction won, I don't give a crap about the black servants aside from maybe one.

That semiramis x shirou amakusa moment was nice, they made a way better couple than sieg and ruler.

Why did that abomination called astolfo live, whereas more deserving servants like karna and mordred kick the bucket? Fuck that shit.
Milennin said:
Watched this over the course of like a year, so I got lost on the plot details, but at least the action was pretty good and plentiful. Astolfo was easily the best character, sad he gets only associated with trap jokes.

more like the worst character alongside shakespeare.
LeonhartAugustJan 5, 2020 3:58 PM
Feb 16, 2020 9:25 AM

Oct 2013
I thought it started out interesting but there were way too many characters and I honestly have no idea what I watched. Took me forever to finish it. 5/10 what a disappointment.
Mar 5, 2020 10:43 AM

Sep 2019
I got emotional for a sec when shiro and assassin had kissed. It was so unpredictable and so good with that mood.

I really don't care about sieg or ruler, they were like there couse they had to that's all.

6/10
Mar 5, 2020 10:52 AM

Sep 2019
eddo209 said:
I thought it started out interesting but there were way too many characters and I honestly have no idea what I watched. Took me forever to finish it. 5/10 what a disappointment.
I think 5/10 is actually a good score.
MeisterDM said:
I don't understand the hate for this anime and fate/extra last encore tbh, I thought both were decent. My only problem with sieg is that he's way less interesting compared to the other characters who should've gotten more screentime and being able to fight the likes of karna and amakusa shirou. I wish the red faction won, I don't give a crap about the black servants aside from maybe one.

That semiramis x shirou amakusa moment was nice, they made a way better couple than sieg and ruler.

Why did that abomination called astolfo live, whereas more deserving servants like karna and mordred kick the bucket? Fuck that shit.
Milennin said:
Watched this over the course of like a year, so I got lost on the plot details, but at least the action was pretty good and plentiful. Astolfo was easily the best character, sad he gets only associated with trap jokes.

more like the worst character alongside shakespeare.
So true. Shirou and the red servants should have had more screen time. It was like declared from the first who ever will go against the MC would get less screen time and marked as villains.
Mar 30, 2020 4:54 AM
Sep 2019
Random thoughts and questions:

I don't understand the resolution of the problem, i.e. taking the grail away. How did Sieg know of this place where the grail could be hidden? How could he be so sure that over there the grail would have no effect on humans? And why did he have to turn into a dragon to take it away, wasn't it enough for him to wish the grail to be teleported there or something? And anyway, what is that place at all?

The cast was overcrowded, with some forgettable and boring characters with a 5 second backstory... which were luckily balanced with more interesting figures: funny Astolfo, Caules, even Gordes, who despite his bumpy stereotypical beginning is the example of a well sketched character with limited screentime... but above all the Red Saber team.

All in all, I have enjoyed the series - much more than the horrible Last Encore and quite more than the insipid Grand Order prologue. I didn't even find the MC particularly annoying, unlike most of the fandom apparently: at least he was not whining all the time nor was he too hysterical, instead I appreciated his mostly low-key demeanour. I even liked his relationship with Jeanne, in the realm of anime romances it didn't feel cringey or sappy, and good for them that they met again in the end.

Nice cameos from the other series, but I still don't understand why Shirou used the name Kotomine at the beginning nor why he was given such a similar design and concept - saving everyone - as Shirou/Archer (man I was really hoping to see Archer again!) from FSN. Just smoke in the eyes or is there something from other media which was not included in the anime?

Oh, yeah, final question: what was the item Lord El-Melloi keeps in that box?

I really doubt anyone would read my questions, being myself such a late viewer, but hey, you will never know. Thanks in advance if somebody can help!
Apr 8, 2020 11:23 AM
Feb 2018
Mediocre anime with mediocre M.C....
Side character made this show watchable... Didn't expect it to be as good as Fate/Zero, Fate/S Night: UBL or heaven's Feel but not this level...
Lancer Of Red & Archer of Red(pre beast mode) design were cool and only bcoz of this i'm giving it 6/10....
Apr 8, 2020 11:28 AM
Feb 2018
Ilasma said:

I don't understand the resolution of the problem, i.e. taking the grail away. How did Sieg know of this place where the grail could be hidden? How could he be so sure that over there the grail would have no effect on humans? And why did he have to turn into a dragon to take it away, wasn't it enough for him to wish the grail to be teleported there or something? And anyway, what is that place at all?

The cast was overcrowded, with some forgettable and boring characters with a 5 second backstory... which were luckily balanced with more interesting figures: funny Astolfo, Caules, even Gordes, who despite his bumpy stereotypical beginning is the example of a well sketched character with limited screentime... but above all the Red Saber team.

All in all, I have enjoyed the series - much more than the horrible Last Encore and quite more than the insipid Grand Order prologue. I didn't even find the MC particularly annoying, unlike most of the fandom apparently: at least he was not whining all the time nor was he too hysterical, instead I appreciated his mostly low-key demeanour. I even liked his relationship with Jeanne, in the realm of anime romances it didn't feel cringey or sappy, and good for them that they met again in the end.

Nice cameos from the other series, but I still don't understand why Shirou used the name Kotomine at the beginning nor why he was given such a similar design and concept - saving everyone - as Shirou/Archer (man I was really hoping to see Archer again!) from FSN. Just smoke in the eyes or is there something from other media which was not included in the anime?

I really doubt anyone would read my questions, being myself such a late viewer, but hey, you will never know. Thanks in advance if somebody can help!
Piece of Cloak from his servant Rider(Alexander The Great) From Fate/Zero...
Apr 11, 2020 6:35 AM
Sep 2019
0seveN said:
Ilasma said:

Piece of Cloak from his servant Rider(Alexander The Great) From Fate/Zero...

Oh yes, thanks! I think later it did cross my mind, but thanks for confirming!
Apr 12, 2020 8:42 PM

Dec 2014
damn that was bittersweet
Apr 19, 2020 6:38 PM

Jun 2012
The heck was Sieg's wish and how did it counteract Shiro's? Was it some form of Dimensional warping? Where the Grail was in a different realm so it could no longer affect humans? But if it's capable of granting dimensional warping it should also be unaffected by it. Its like using a 4th dimensional spell on a 5th dimensional being.
Apr 28, 2020 9:25 PM

Feb 2018
Rip Semiramis and Shirou, kiss of death.
May 2, 2020 10:06 AM

Jun 2009
This is the first episode I enjoyed the most out of the whole 25 episodes, and sadly its the finale.

To be fair I didn't pay much attention when watching Apocrypha; it felt draggy at times and some characters were honestly disposable. Even if each has their struggles and goals the anime portrayed them in the most cliche and generic way they could possibly do. Don't get me started with the plot because I honestly got lost halfway and was questioning half of the things the characters were doing.

But hey at least best character Astolfo survived so theres that.

Despite the out of place romance, I did like how Jeanne and Sieg end up together. The last scene was particularly sweet.

7/10.

May 11, 2020 10:22 PM

Aug 2019
Well thats all she wrote folks. That about wraps up this weird ingredients list of an anime containing amazing fight scenes, SFX , your favourite servants being fully animated , Main character's accidentally being branded as supporting characters, romance that makes less sense then the plot armour, Main characters that act more like supporting characters then the actual supporting characters and a fate logo slapped on and boom you have Apocrypha.
All in all i found this anime good and slightly exceed my expectations. Music was just pure bliss to listen to, the classical instruments made sense with the theme being in Roumania's country side and the OST of this anime was definitely one to remember. SFX were on god fantastic. Every sound effect felt realistic and added that much more realism to the battles.
Animation was good, battles were oooooh yes. Servant on Servant battles is what i came for and oh god did they feed me well. I loved the battles. Seeing my favourite servants go all out, blowing mountain ranges up, showing off what they could do and why they were branded the name of an Heroic Spirit was amazing. Not only that the personalities they were given were on point. Characters such as Karna, Astolfo and Shakespeare were exactly how i imagined they would act and think and non-servant characters like Shishigou or Caules became personnel favourites. These points ,and a few more, are what are barely holding this anime to be a 6/10 for me.
Now, the bad stuff. You know, imagine you're putting icing on your cake that you spent precious hours and effort working on but turns out you mistook the finishing touches for fucking ketchup instead of icing. Yeh this is my example of fuck up that A-1 did to their cake. I'm sorry but i can't see Seig as an actual protagonist of this series. His character developed well in the first half, then kinda had a stand still and then rotted, like after 1 episode of stumbling out of his battery packaging he is already at some level of philosophical mentality trying to save the world.
In my opinion, this anime really made me dislike Jeanne slightly, she's a balancer, a judge to this bloody gruesome war and is suppose to be neutral. But it can clearly seen shift to one side sometimes from a crush on Seig. I honestly think she was shown more of a love interest to Seig then an actual Ruler.
The romance between Seig and Jeanne was...why? I get the gist of it, but they couldn't of executed it any worse. It felt like i was being forced to be shown their romance and it felt like they didn't even give a proper reason for it at all. From Seig's perspective i could see why he would love jeanne being, saved by her and that, but from Jeanne's i just... can't. She saved a walking battery who could have the curse of consciousness then fell in love with him? ok...
honestly this anime probably would of been a whole lot better if the story was focused and based more around Mordred and Shishigou as the main characters. shame.
May 18, 2020 6:08 AM

Mar 2016
Ok, so after avoiding apocrypha for a long time. I decided to finally pick it back up and finish what I started.
Honestly, it’s not really that bad as people make it out to be. The action and OST were both plentiful and decent (despite some slips in the art style), but the story did not match up quite well.
Also, there were too many characters, and as a result, a lot of them were not fleshed out well within the anime’s length limits. Some of the characters’ backstories were confined to short flashbacks of their life like Nyatlanta or Vlad. Some were even left with worse than that like Karna or Reika (Assassin’s master). I like Karna in Fate/Grand Order, so I kinda wanted more screen-time for him. His final fight was Sieg was great though. Maybe they were more in-depth in the novel. Amakusa shirou and Sisigou were interesting characters and one of the best in the show, and even they could have used some more depth and fleshing out to their characters. Well, it is what it is. Nothing can be changed, but I’m satisfied with what I got, and it’s not really as bad as people make it out to be. It’s somewhere between a 5 and 6 out of 10 for me.
I liked semiramis and Amakusa’s eventual romance more than that of Sieg and Jeanne. It just seemed more fitting to me. I would have preferred Jeanne to be like someone who is watching over Sieg or a companion rather than his lover. However, That is a preference rather than criticism here. I’m probably biased here also cause I love semiramis, and she’s one of the characters I like in Fate/GO. Semiramis was always loyal to Amakusa, and while part of her was curious to see how he might end up on his mission to salvation, she genuinely wanted to see how far he can go and how much he can show her (aside from Amakusa’s promises to her). He was the only one to look at her in the eye and ask for her strength, not body or love, especially when you consider her legends.
Shishou_23May 18, 2020 6:38 AM
May 28, 2020 8:09 AM

Dec 2012
Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but that love confession at the end felt off. It just doesn't seem like the biggest of priorities considering romance never felt like the selling point of Jeanne & Sieg's relationship. That said, the final reunion was certainly a nice touch and I'm not dissatisfied with this overall conclusion.

I have to admit I was hesitant to pick this up when I saw it wasn't done by ufotable. I really have to hand it to A-1 for bringing their A game on the fights in these last few episodes (especially Achilles vs Chiron, holy hell!). Unfortunately, the plot & dialogue itself could be a bit of a chore to keep up with at times, but overall it exceeded expectations and I can't complain.

7/10, I can see why people adore Astolfo now. He's made me a believer.
Dec 14, 2020 3:23 PM
Sep 2020
I just finish this anime a hour ago.
Came for astolfo,and stay for astolfo,totally worth it.
I really wish sieg&Jeanne meet astolfo somehow,he my favorite character.
Overall i rate this anime 8/10.
Mar 22, 2021 4:04 AM
Apr 2020
Hmm.. That ending is rather satisfying.. Yep, indeed satisfying.

I enjoyed it overall. The animations were there, ONLY on some point. There's a time that the fight scenes in some ep are very awful, didn't expect that from A1 pictures but overall it was great. Therefore, I'll rate it 8/10 :)

That final confesion scene tho. That was perfect

PS: Why is the rating so low? I've heard that the ending on LN was the same as this.. I was expecting it to be atleast near 8
May 27, 2021 9:52 AM

May 2015
Fate/Apocrypha is so good. I love it. I like how its completely different to the other fates with the team servant battles and the main romance is adorable. Most of the other fates are super serious and dark but this one I feel is a bit better and has a happy ending unlike most fates. This is probably why I feel this fate has more re-watchability than any of the other ones.

Jeanne X Sieg ftw!

Re-watching this really made me love Jeanne so much. She's in my top 3 favourite fate characters now. She was so adorable the entire series with her feeling for Sieg. This was the first time I've re-watched this since my first watch back in 2019 and it's really re-watchable. I'm definitely coming back to this at some point.
DarknessRealityMay 27, 2021 9:56 AM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 24, 2022 5:45 AM

Aug 2020
feelsbadman, 6/10 +1 for the best character Astolfo being alive and well.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 25, 2022 11:48 PM

Sep 2018
Pros

* The action and animation were pretty consistently good, considering ufotable wasn't in charge this time around.

* Mordred and her Masters relationship. Jeanne as a character herself. Astolfo.

Cons

* Script was either pretentious or just plain bad to listen to, especially during the climax of fight scenes. Most of their philosophical ramblings were an ear sore and unnecessary.

* Probably the weakest cast of characters I've seen in a Fate anime.

* Shitty generic MC that I couldn't care less about.

* Far too one dimensional IMO, it was just pure fast paced, fighting non stop throughout the 25 episodes. No time to breathe.

5/10 overall.
Oct 5, 2022 11:06 AM
Nov 2021
It was pretty good but overrated like a 6.5 out of 10
Dec 7, 2022 12:43 PM
Dec 2013
Boring conclusion
Feb 6, 2023 1:45 PM
Jun 2022
oh my god how emotional it was
Oct 29, 2023 4:55 PM
Dec 2022
I really liked the whole show, to bad there is no more story :C
Nov 21, 2023 2:04 PM
Nov 2020
4/10. All those points for music and animation only. Story is pure trash and ending is even more 💩💩I wonder how masterpiece Fate series produced such garbage. First time I rooted for antagonist more than entire protagonist side. Garbage main character. How could that trash mc defeat karna,shiro without breaking his body is beyond explanation. A 3 week born mc defeated all powerful heroes. A 3 week mc presents a better solution than hundreds of years of plan, discussion of shiro. A 3 week mc with no emotions, experience changed most stoic janne darc and their cringe love story amid chaotic battle was pure cringe. I need heavens feel (movie + third magic) ten times to wash this cringe.
Nov 21, 2023 2:12 PM
Nov 2020
I wonder how masterpiece Fate series produced such garbage. First time I rooted for antagonist more than entire protagonist side. Garbage main character. How could that trash mc defeat karna,shiro without breaking his body is beyond explanation. A 3 week born mc defeated all powerful heroes. A 3 week mc presents a better solution than hundreds of years of plan, discussion of shiro. A 3 week mc with no emotions, experience changed most stoic janne darc and their cringe love story amid chaotic battle was pure cringe. I need heavens feel (movie + third magic) ten times to wash this cringe.
Nov 29, 2023 5:30 PM
Jul 2023
This felt like the rest of the show, good, but not great. I love the fact that Astolfo survived and I also loved Shakespeare’s writing at the end, keeping him alive was a good decision imo. The whole dragon thing was a bit weird and I don’t know how they ended up meeting. Maybe they could have gone more into it without the cheesy Shiro x Assassin scene.
Dec 1, 2023 7:03 PM

Nov 2023
Well gg this was a fun anime
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Jan 2017
Decent finish.
Story was dragging, but the fights were amazing, Sieg and Jeanne weren't exciting protagonists.
Astolfo, Mordred, Kairi and other side characters made the anime decent.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

77 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 20, 2023 7:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.