Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 1, 2018 4:48 AM

Oct 2014
Zelev said:
What's the difference between the Greater Grail and the other one?

Greater Grail collects magical energy over the course of 60 years, chooses masters who want it and helps them summon their servants.
Lesser Grail collects the energy of defeated servants within itself, acts as a catalyst to draw out the real holy grail which is in spiritual form.

In Apocrypha, the lesser grail was contained within a room inside the hanging gardens that doesn't allow it's contents to spill out, so Shirou can enter the Greater Grail and forcibly activate Heaven's Feel.

Shuda- said:
@Siv3001

"4) what is this reverse side of the world has it ever been brought up before this? And how on earth does Jeanne even get there? How? And you mean to tell me she stayed thirsty for Sieg for countless centuries?? Wtf why did she even like him? I just don't understand"

You know, that this is one timeline out of a massive multi-universe right? The reverse side of the world is an important aspect of the Nasuverse. The Throne of Heroes (Where heroic spirits reside) is outside of the time axis, so while it is God knows how long for Sieg, and us; for Jeanne, it was like retracing her steps over and over a near infinite amount of times until she found it.

Educate yourself on Type Moon and Nasuverse, there's a great big wiki with everything.

The wiki is full of unmarked spoilers tho, not a good idea unless you've finished all 3 routes of Fate/stay night.
Jan 1, 2018 4:52 AM

Jul 2014
Well, if this show had done anything to make me care about any of the characters, this probably would have been a powerful finale, especially with that epilogue. Unfortunately, because this did not happen, the whole thing kinda fell flat and I was just glad for it to be over.

Overall, while Apocrypha had its moments, it was overall fairly disappointing and tedious to work through, and the strong character work seen in the other anime entries in the Fate series was almost entirely absent here.

7/10
Jan 1, 2018 5:08 AM

Dec 2012
Finally! this Crap is over.
5/10
Jan 1, 2018 5:12 AM

Jan 2016
My problem with this was that the whole series introduced some great characters but mostly focused on the less interesting ones.

Oh well, the finale was great tbh, not the series as a whole though. Had it's moments but the rest was pretty average.

generous 6/10
Jan 1, 2018 5:12 AM

Nov 2009
Good ending and nice closure for this brilliant show. So Astolfo remain.
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Jan 1, 2018 6:02 AM
Jul 2011
This really was a trainwreck. I will ignore all other major flaws and just ask this: Why was Shakespeare so useless? It doesn't make any sense. He is more famous than most servants there.
Jan 1, 2018 6:09 AM

Aug 2014
stelios said:
This really was a trainwreck. I will ignore all other major flaws and just ask this: Why was Shakespeare so useless? It doesn't make any sense. He is more famous than most servants there.
Not for fighting, he isn't
Jan 1, 2018 6:15 AM
Jul 2011
Insertanamehere said:
stelios said:

How can you classify as a servant if you can't have any fighting abilities? I mean, it is a war after all. They could have given him more powerful illusions that can do physical damage. Or a Medea-like trick.
Jan 1, 2018 6:31 AM
Dec 2017
stelios said:
Insertanamehere said:

How can you classify as a servant if you can't have any fighting abilities? I mean, it is a war after all. They could have given him more powerful illusions that can do physical damage. Or a Medea-like trick.

there's a lot of technicalities which even then are pretty vague but honestly i don't think the author even understood what he was trying to do after a certain point so he basically just said fuck it and wings it.
Jan 1, 2018 8:03 AM
Aug 2016
worst fate series ever. kurang greget!

me personally dont like the MC too dragging :(
Jan 1, 2018 8:14 AM
Apr 2016
stelios said:
Insertanamehere said:

You missed that part where he summoned Gilles, who then protected Jean before her finishing move? We can criticize this series for an eternity, theoretically, but when you can't fathom an event with simple correlation to overall setting, your input is worth not.
Re:formed
Jan 1, 2018 8:15 AM

Mar 2012
The final Shirou/Semiramis scene is easily the best part of the whole series while Jeanne's confession was absolutely terrible just like any of Sieg's asspulls.

Semi is the best girl.

Even though many important scenes were completely cut out, I would still give the show 7/10 because a few moments were really impactful.
Mil_MilJan 2, 2018 12:31 AM
Jan 1, 2018 9:26 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Happy end to the story, when the blonde "saint" declares her loves to the "Dragon"!!!! kekeke
Jan 1, 2018 10:12 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty meh show overall. SemiramisxShiro was more believable than the FafnirxJeanne. Also, I think I'm kinda forgetting something but how Shiro's wish was accepted even before the winner was declared?
Jan 1, 2018 11:04 AM

Jan 2015
one of the worst endings I've seen. some of the characters were quite interesting but they decided to focus on the crapheads that Jeanne, Sieg, Astolfo + Fiore are. Shirou's character was flushed down the toilet like he wasn't an antagonist at all. kden.
well I'm thankful to this anime for my waifu Semiramis at least. thank god it's over
Jan 1, 2018 11:11 AM
Mar 2016
So based on this image we can safely say that the Shrio we kew from Fate/Stay is the same one who just turned evil. Am, I right????

Jan 1, 2018 11:15 AM

Mar 2016
I thought she was going to say: Sieg, I'm pregnant!

Overall, I think this was bellow average for another fate route... Now, I hope Last Encore is at least good!
Jan 1, 2018 11:41 AM
Jul 2011
Daniel_Naumov said:
stelios said:

You missed that part where he summoned Gilles, who then protected Jean before her finishing move? We can criticize this series for an eternity, theoretically, but when you can't fathom an event with simple correlation to overall setting, your input is worth not.

And you missed the part where Gilles was worthless as well, it was stated clearly that he has no combat abilities. The only thing he did was hold Ruler's flag which did the protecting.Caster in UBW was able to summon a normal servant that could kill Saber. If you want to talk about worthless input, make sure yours doesn't classify as that.
Jan 1, 2018 11:51 AM

Feb 2017
So it is over. Although show wasn't that good and many stuff felt like asspulls in the end, I kinda liked how it all ended. My favorite moments were Shakespare's end and the last moment between Shiro and Assassin, which was really touching.
Jan 1, 2018 12:44 PM
May 2016
No seriously why is Astolfo still alive? I don't care about any of the other asspulls since I'm not a Fate fan and basically hatewatched this from the start but Astolfo still being alive and having mana doesn't make any sense unless he's hunting magus like Jack the Ripper did and that seems extremely out of character
Jan 1, 2018 12:56 PM

Feb 2017
Story was a trainwrack with to much plot armor for sieg. at least the assassin ship sailed
Jan 1, 2018 2:49 PM

Sep 2010
Yea... I was expecting some kind of BS ending but no it wasn't BS ending it was just BAD ending, not that I expected anything better... well I guess it's still better than resurrection-wish so maybe I should call it Meh ending instead.
Oh well I had enough of this enough, it's not like the story was a good part of this anime anyway so why say it was bad yet again... those that reached this point simply accepted that the story is garbage but servant battles are awesome therefore here we are...
To be honest for a fate series I expected something better but well I did get my servant fights alright so I won't say anything else.
Jan 1, 2018 3:34 PM

Feb 2012
HereticHunter said:
It was quite a nice ride overall, maybe underwhelming when it comes to what Ufotable is capable of doing, but it wasn't that bad 7/10

now, I can't wait for Fate/Extra... CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GLORIOUS NERO CLAUDIUS
@DarkAngelWJ xP
dont we all like Ner. xD personally my fav Saber there s
i wish and dream for the Future where everyone i care can Smile happily from their heart. But no matter where i look. how ever i see... there s no me. im not there. Just like that.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 1, 2018 3:40 PM
Aug 2013
mombavaran said:
No seriously why is Astolfo still alive? I don't care about any of the other asspulls since I'm not a Fate fan and basically hatewatched this from the start but Astolfo still being alive and having mana doesn't make any sense unless he's hunting magus like Jack the Ripper did and that seems extremely out of character

well it was already said a million times, but I will give you a short explanation again. His master just so happens to have turned into a immortal dragon with an endless amount of mana and their contract still stands. Therefore Alfonso has an unlimited supply of mana and can continue existing in the world as long as Fafnir/Sieg lives.
Jan 1, 2018 5:02 PM

May 2011
Fu-reiji said:
Shuda- said:
@Siv3001

"4) what is this reverse side of the world has it ever been brought up before this? And how on earth does Jeanne even get there? How? And you mean to tell me she stayed thirsty for Sieg for countless centuries?? Wtf why did she even like him? I just don't understand"

You know, that this is one timeline out of a massive multi-universe right? The reverse side of the world is an important aspect of the Nasuverse. The Throne of Heroes (Where heroic spirits reside) is outside of the time axis, so while it is God knows how long for Sieg, and us; for Jeanne, it was like retracing her steps over and over a near infinite amount of times until she found it.

Educate yourself on Type Moon and Nasuverse, there's a great big wiki with everything.

they are educated it's really stupid and a play by play copy of how they did artoria and shirou. how bout you educate yourself first in story writing and directing before you tell another person to educate himself on a series that had a lore behind it.
Excuse me? Where and how is educating yourself on something objective like lore to answer one's own questions, a bad recommendation? Where and how is you telling me to educate myself on something subjective like a review on story writing and directing relevant? I never said it was a masterpiece; hell it's one of the weaker representations. Instead of bashing and spamming questions here about content you aren't informed about, one can find all their answers on their own if directed towards it, no? Get good.
Kayaba-Jan 1, 2018 5:06 PM
Jan 1, 2018 6:12 PM
Jan 2017
I kinda had the feeling the previous episode would feature the final battle and this one would be the epilogue. I'm glad this show is over and I'm glad I watched it, but by this point the more interesting characters had been killed off and I couldn't get emotionally invested on those who remained, with a few exceptions, of course (Caules, Fiore, Astolfo). I still think the romance between Sieg and Jeanne could have been handled better, but their conclusion is better than not having a conclusion at all. This series had a few flaws here and there but it was still a solid and enjoyable experience.
Jan 1, 2018 7:03 PM

Nov 2013
i really enjoyed this final episode, starting with Semiramis (damn her voice was pretty nice too), and with all the Astolfo and Leaticia + Jeanne and Sieg interactions

yay Astolfo actually won the war, great =D even i know it wouldn't be possible if he wasn't the "partner" of the protagonist, since he isn't really the strongest hero, but let me still be happy lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 1, 2018 7:49 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
I'm a sucker for good endings. But I prefer Artoria and emiya than Jeanne and Sieg. Nice to have more Waver scenes too.

Jan 1, 2018 8:16 PM

Nov 2015
SO Sieg is freed from the dragon or what ? and what happened with Jeanne and how did they even meet ?
Jan 1, 2018 8:55 PM

Oct 2013
I liked this finale a lot myself, proper closure to everyone(that alone is something many anime don't do these days...) and even Sieg's part was unique. Granted,it could've been done by Siegfried as well if he never died ~ some people,myself included,would've most likely preferred that, some wouldn't but can't please 'em all.

Shirou & Semiramis's part was particularly bitter-sweet to me. The dude got to go out in peace knowing his wish was already in effect & on the lap of one fine servant.

Just for the lols though:

Imagine if it was Urobutcher writing this. He'd probably make sure to keep Shirou alive long enough for him to just see dragon-transformed-Sieg flying off with the grail and die out while screaming in despair.

So is it weird to like this more than the UBW anime? I made my dislike of MCs FSN Shirou & Sieg(well,at least in a Fate series,I'll take 'em in a RomCom any day)pretty apparent in ep 24 thread but besides those few annoying moments, Apocrypha was fine. Whereas UBW it's like if you don't like Shirou, you're pretty screwed trying to enjoy it as he just overtakes the whole show.

Jan 1, 2018 11:25 PM

Dec 2015
Oh man, what an absolute mess of a show. I wanted so desperately to enjoy this but it was just so haphazardly thrown together that they made it so damned difficult to do so. If it wasn't for the nice music and good animation (for the most part) I think it would have been even a lower score for me. What a retarded ending too.
Jan 2, 2018 1:50 AM
Mar 2017
First time saw any main caracter turn into a full dragon...... other like natsu,issei all but half transformation......

Overall the series was not bad...... just didn't the last scene a little Ruler said something about the new world waiting for HIM...... so seig alone goes there or they go together???
Jan 2, 2018 2:40 AM
Dec 2017
Shuda- said:
Fu-reiji said:

they are educated it's really stupid and a play by play copy of how they did artoria and shirou. how bout you educate yourself first in story writing and directing before you tell another person to educate himself on a series that had a lore behind it.
Excuse me? Where and how is educating yourself on something objective like lore to answer one's own questions, a bad recommendation? Where and how is you telling me to educate myself on something subjective like a review on story writing and directing relevant? I never said it was a masterpiece; hell it's one of the weaker representations. Instead of bashing and spamming questions here about content you aren't informed about, one can find all their answers on their own if directed towards it, no? Get good.

if you were ever a fan of anything and had basic understanding in those 2 subjects you would not be here doing the opposite and telling people that it's good and trying to make excuses for a really bad story when literally everything about it was an ass pull where it's biggest highlight comes in at episode 22 and half of 23 and that's about it. so again try explaining why apocrypha was good in any way without trying to make an excuse for it when it's obvious the author had no idea what he was doing or where he wanted to go for that story.
Jan 2, 2018 3:05 AM
Oct 2007
I'm in a dilemma to rate this either as a 7 or 8. 7 to me is more of watchable if you have the time and certain quality is guaranteed. Anything 8 and above is highly recommended from me.

The finale felt alright. Acceptable. I like the last few episodes a lot and feel more like the good old FSN series. Of course there are certain fights that I dig in as well along the way especially lancer fight from either both side are enjoyable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2018 6:47 AM
Dec 2017
I am a sucker for romance I don't know why I just got into it as I grew up but getting to the point I actually like the portrayal of the romance in this it seems believable since bother characters are not experienced at love. I am also glad that Ruler was able to confess to Sieg eventually but my only complaint on that is how long it took her to figure it out and why didn't her host tell her, I mean come on but I digress. I liked how Sieg turned into a dragon I thought that was really cool too bad we didn't get to see him fight as one.
Jan 2, 2018 7:06 AM
Jan 2012
My only regret is Semiramis is not available in FGO even though the series has ended. Imo she's stronger than Modred and totally an SSR waifu material :p
Jan 2, 2018 10:06 AM

Jun 2013
so it's over it was nice
Jan 2, 2018 1:04 PM
Nov 2015
Does someone know who are those two girls who appear at the Clock Tower, when the guy from strange fake and the one from Yggdmillenia are fighting on Waver's office? I don't think i've seen them in any other series...
Jan 2, 2018 1:27 PM

May 2011
Fu-reiji said:
Shuda- said:

if you were ever a fan of anything and had basic understanding in those 2 subjects you would not be here doing the opposite and telling people that it's good and trying to make excuses for a really bad story when literally everything about it was an ass pull where it's biggest highlight comes in at episode 22 and half of 23 and that's about it. so again try explaining why apocrypha was good in any way without trying to make an excuse for it when it's obvious the author had no idea what he was doing or where he wanted to go for that story.

Since we're here making assumptions of people. What if I told you, that being a long time fan and editor, that I can indulge myself in both the successful projects and also the more controversial ones? Once again, I never said it was a masterpiece or defended it. I merely pointed someone asking questions about the universe, to the encyclopedia. Something doesn't have to be good for one to enjoy parts of it. You're way too closed minded, and bias against something you didn't like.

Think of it this way. I can like, and accept Fate/Apocrypha regardless of the bolded.
Kayaba-Dec 16, 2020 2:10 PM
Jan 2, 2018 2:15 PM

Oct 2008
Wait, wait, wait... If Zero never happened, how did Waver manage to reference Rider? He was never a master to begin with, right? Could someone clarify this?
Jan 2, 2018 4:48 PM

Mar 2015
Actar said:
Wait, wait, wait... If Zero never happened, how did Waver manage to reference Rider? He was never a master to begin with, right? Could someone clarify this?

They met in one of the many pseudo HGW that happened in the world after the Fuyuki Grail was stolen.
Jan 3, 2018 2:34 AM

Jul 2015
I'm a little confused as to how Jeanne met up with Sieg at the end. Ok, she somehow managed to get out of the Throne of Heroes and into the Reverse Side, I get that. But if Servants are just copies of the Heroic Spirits in the Throne, then how did the original Jeanne know about the promise?
"I ask you, are you my master?"

Jan 3, 2018 5:58 AM

Apr 2016
RadTicTacs said:
then how did the original Jeanne know about the promise?

The original receives the memories of the copy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2018 8:56 AM

Jun 2013
The ending really is not bad. A bit shocking it got a score of 7.1 and it seems to kept droping.

it was a solid anime that let me watch till the end without dropping. the animation, art and music were very godly. one of the animes that kept u interested till the end

comparing to previous fate stay nights is a bad idea imo

Jan 3, 2018 11:42 AM
Jun 2017
Is it just me or did Sieg's character arc take a jump in the last two episodes?
Jan 3, 2018 11:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Yes, Astolfo survived!!
Jan 3, 2018 11:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
No, i think you are a mistake, it is not the best of this franchise anime series!!
Jan 3, 2018 12:19 PM

Jul 2015
-RenRen- said:
RadTicTacs said:
then how did the original Jeanne know about the promise?

The original receives the memories of the copy

Huh, I was under the impression that a Servant's memories just kinda vanish after they die, but upon looking it up it seems a record of the memories does go back to the Throne. I learned something new about Fate today. Thanks.

Although it is odd that Jeanne the Heroic Spirit kept the emotions from Jeanne the Ruler Servant, but i guess their love was just too great? Oh well
"I ask you, are you my master?"

Jan 3, 2018 3:19 PM

Jul 2015
Shakespeare still the best, the end, 6/10. Nothing to say really, it was another fate series... It was fine I guess, but thats about it really. This was just something I watched because it was there and I had free time. And I wanted too place bets on who died when.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 3, 2018 5:51 PM

Nov 2015
IMO a better end than UBW.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

77 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 20, 2023 7:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.