Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A big performance and thank you from the male idol group for the finale. Pretty predictable but fitting. It seems they have a huge fanbase now since their premiere and it's probably going to grow more and more.

Eh, the show was okay but I couldn't get invested into most of the characters. Wish this was 2-cour.
Dec 30, 2017 9:38 AM

May 2013
It was a bit fan service'y. I kinda liked this series more than I thought I would because it had some nice little short arcs for the characters (most of them anyway) in addition to the slice of life/comedy stuff. But those were all wrapped up by the end, so it mostly just felt like an episode of fan service and reiterating all the character motivations and stuff from before.

But it wasn't terrible. Didn't really "ruin" the series for me and I still had a nice time with it.
Dec 30, 2017 9:43 AM

Jan 2014
I'm kind of mad that this series completely lacked performances for an idol show. But it delivered on the finale. And it actually looked nice compared to CGI performances from other shows.. cough cough.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 30, 2017 10:03 AM
Jun 2015
Don't worry! Of course they'll be a second season of SideM in 2018 or 2019 with the new idols that President Saito and KaitoP scouted them to join 315Pro , especially Saki-kun and Ryo-kun that will definitely join the 315 Production! I'm sure of it!
Dec 30, 2017 10:07 AM

Nov 2008
Finale was okay. Not much happened outside of just a whole lot of concerting. Would've liked 26 episodes since there was essentially no plot outside of the looming concert and Kaoru being a bitch, so it never really hit the same emotional highs as Animas and CG. Still the most consistent of the three, tho.
Dec 30, 2017 11:01 AM

May 2016
It was an amazing finale to me. As a person who has grown to love the cast as the show went on, I felt really proud seeing everyone's hardwork in all aspects such as practicing for the concert, building friendships & awesome relationships with fellow idols as well as changing themselves for the better, come to fruition. PLUS! I got to hear new songs from the different units that were so catchy I'd wanna download them asap! It was an enjoyable episode indeed. I have definitely fallen in love with SideM & I'm hoping for a season 2 soon!!! :)
Dec 30, 2017 11:49 AM
Jan 2017
Not a perfect conclusion, but a satisfying one nonetheless.
Dec 30, 2017 6:04 PM

Aug 2013
Loogs said:
Finale was okay. Not much happened outside of just a whole lot of concerting. Would've liked 26 episodes since there was essentially no plot outside of the looming concert and Kaoru being a bitch, so it never really hit the same emotional highs as Animas and CG. Still the most consistent of the three, tho.

A1 probably aware that SideM's popularity isn't as big as SideG.

BTW, does CG being two cour from the start..?
Dec 30, 2017 7:49 PM

Jun 2014
Really loved the finale! Wish this was 2 cour, so we could have seen more character development.

As someone who can't stand the regular The iDOLM@STER anime, Side M was a step in the right direction for people like me. Hope we get to see more Side M in the future!

Overall 8/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Dec 30, 2017 10:37 PM

Jun 2009
UGH I have so many feels and I don't know what to do with them. QuQ Season 2 plsplspls

10000000000/10 <3

You have been blessed by sparkly bishie Cherry Blossom <3 You're welcome ^^

Dec 30, 2017 10:40 PM

Apr 2013
Primerose003 said:
I WANT MORE!! I loved the art, character design and the boys. It was awesome. Second season please.

I just want a second season with best boi Saki all the 315 pro idols, but overall this was a pretty nice closing episode, last performances were nice and seeing that this is merely the first stepping stone for 315 pro gives me high hopes that I will see more of them in the future, now we just wait for a season 2 or some OVA with all the 315 pro idols to be announced :>

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Dec 30, 2017 10:52 PM
Oct 2017
Okay I love side m, the ending is a nice way to end this . wish for 2nd season with more back story of them cuz everyone is just so unique
Dec 31, 2017 12:34 AM

Oct 2015
Woah both Love Live Sunshine and Idolm@ster decided to make EFFY's composed OP songs as the main attraction for both! Surprisingly enjoyed this season than expected. They did surprisingly well despite the high number of characters, the songs were awesome as well. I hope we get a second season sooner and everyone's so likeable yes, even sakuraba in a way (atleast I didn't really hate his character nor did I find him annoying) 7/10
EGOISTDec 31, 2017 12:42 AM
Dec 31, 2017 9:40 AM

Nov 2008
ernietheracefan said:
BTW, does CG being two cour from the start..?

It was always planned to be two cours, but the second half was delayed a season.
Dec 31, 2017 11:50 AM

Aug 2013
EGOIST said:
Woah both Love Live Sunshine and Idolm@ster decided to make EFFY's composed OP songs as the main attraction for both! Surprisingly enjoyed this season than expected. They did surprisingly well despite the high number of characters, the songs were awesome as well. I hope we get a second season sooner and everyone's so likeable yes, even sakuraba in a way (atleast I didn't really hate his character nor did I find him annoying) 7/10

Hell, I even watching Sunshine S2 OP while listening Reason!! OP version, it's perfectly match..

Did anyone noticed 765P's flower in the beginning..?

9/10 and equally better with Sunshine..

Waiting for Aqours x CinPro x 315Stars..

Jan 3, 2018 5:37 AM

Oct 2012
Smile engage❤
I'd love to see the full concert, shame there's no full animated concert :(
Well live one will do! xD

Ofc it's drive a live in the end❤
"Signature removed"
May 26, 2018 5:32 PM

Jul 2012
A good ending!

I really liked SideM but I guess, throughout the series, I lost a bit of interest. At first, I was sure this would end up as a 9/10 in my list but I ended up finishing with a high 7/10. It's great. I feel generous so I will leave it off as a 8/10 since there are many good episodes. This show isn't bad at all but the whole "I wanna be an idol to make others have a happy smile!" idea felt a bit recycled and overused as time went on. I don't really understand why anyone would quit a high-end job like teacher, pilot, or surgeon to be an idol. Their reasoning isn't strong enough in my opinion... But everyone has this dreamy idea that they're gonna be a top idol and make millions of people happy which is a bit farfetched. I wanted to see a bit more, I guess.

Nevertheless, it was a fun tale. I guess I got a bit bored at some episodes since the ideas get rehashed and some groups are simply not as interesting as others. I'm too biased towards S.E.M. and they are one of the groups that got barely any screen time.

The animation/art was excellent, just like original IM@S and Cinderella Girls. Great stuff. Songs were great too!
Nov 13, 2020 7:46 AM

Apr 2016
quite an average idol anime but hell im lovin' it lol, songs are great and catchy.
7/10

2nd season when? ;-;
Apr 13, 2021 1:42 PM
Dec 2020
i love it 10/10

私はそれが大好きです10/10

second season?

セカンドシーズン?
Jul 27, 2021 6:38 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
This is the first ever male idol anime that I've watched & completed. Not bad, tbh. The anime's art style is very similar to the previous iDOLM@STER anime series but, this time, the main cast is composed of good-looking guys with diverse personalities & talents.

It was fun, though. I still enjoyed the series. It just doesn't have enough songs throughout the whole series and some of the idol units (Beit and S.E.M.) only had one episode each focusing on them. S.E.M. is cool not only because I'm in the same age group as them (lol) but they're also former teachers who have shown great dedication and motivation to live their new dream of becoming idols, and they've succeeded. Yamashita-sensei keeps saying he's an old man. Shut it. xD

Dangit, why does Pierre look so friggin' cute?! >.> Even if he's a boy... Dangerous trap!

8/10 for this series. Like I said, it was fun.
Feb 6, 2022 11:24 AM

Feb 2020
That was a nice last performance.

Overall, this was a pretty good show and also my first ever male idol anime.

I expected to see more performances, but oh well.

The boys and their interactions were quite interesting. Pierre was my favorite character.

SerafosMay 18, 12:43 AM
Jul 2, 2022 1:57 AM
Jan 2021
s.e.m. best unit and jiro is best boy

second season when?
Mar 19, 2023 2:16 PM
Dec 2021
ok anime. for me, the other lots of male idol anime are better.

More topics from this board

» Do you need to watch the ova (unaired episode)?

FruityLime - Dec 14, 2023

1 by Tronplayer »»
Mar 10, 10:12 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER SideM Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

8 by dejikonyo »»
Jul 2, 2022 12:03 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER SideM Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

15 by dejikonyo »»
Jul 1, 2022 11:11 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER SideM Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

9 by Serafos »»
Feb 6, 2022 7:07 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER SideM Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

8 by Serafos »»
Feb 6, 2022 5:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.