Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2017 8:43 PM

Aug 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Rushed endings are nothing new to Jump, but at Saint Seiya went out with a pretty exciting last couple of chapters. And even is subsequent entries in the series, have..."nullified" Seiya's demise, it was still an exciting end to an exciting manga.
Feb 18, 2018 3:40 PM
Jun 2016
I personally think Saint Seiya has one of the more bold and interesting endings out of a Jump series, if anything the manga's ending is pretty satisfying and leaves you quite happy, it's among one of my personal favorite manga of all time, and the ending is imo one of the best endings from a Shonen battle manga.
Jan 9, 2020 6:13 PM

Oct 2013
At last, around 20 years after I finished watching "Saint Seiya" anime for the first time, I managed to finish its manga! :-)

What can I say? Really decent shounen, although there were many things that anime did better. Nevertheless, it is the source material. From this manga everything began and it was a good starting point for anime to not only adapt certain chapters, but maybe fix some of scenes from the manga as well.
✨Saint Seiya Club🌠
Oct 2, 2021 3:21 PM

Jun 2014
I was really loving this final arc until the very last chapter. We needed some kind of epilogue and the story fizzled out at the last second that there wasn't really any opportunity to let any of the events breathe. I loved everything that happened from how Hades was defeated to Seiya's sacrifice but we just needed one more chapter to rectify it.

Overall it's a very flawed series that shows it's age. Fantastic few arcs, drags in the middle, but would've ended in an amazing spectacle if it stuck the final landing. The fights are pretty engaging when they're executed well but it can feel samey since all of the attacks and character designs tended to blend together. 6/10 for me but I still enjoyed it.
Aug 10, 2022 7:34 PM
Jul 2018
Don't know how I feel about the ending. It was a great battle. But I kind of wish there was a more conclusive ending in which we could get more answers about Seiya's condition. But I guess the good guys won in the end. Overall, I really enjoyed this series. I was a little unsure whether or not I would be able to finish this since the beginning was a little slow for me. But it got really interesting as we learned about the motivations for why Mitsumasa Kido trained Seiya and his other brothers for The Galaxian Wars Tournament as well their destinies and Saori's destiny. The Gold Saints were great as well as the battle arc at Sanctuary where we got to see them show off their abilities. It's unfortunate though that they became less relevant as the series went on. But it was nice to see them all come through in the final arc.

The Poseidon arc was pretty good. Not much to say about Poseidon as a villain since I feel like he didn't really become relevant till closer to the end of the arc. But he was okay. I really enjoyed Hades though for this final arc. I thought him snatching Shun's body was a pretty interesting development as we got to see friend against friend and brother against brother. It created curiosity for how they were going to defeat Hades while not harming Shun at the same time. It was also nice seeing him in action in the final chapter. His character design was pretty dope too. But that's about it as far as my thoughts.
Aug 21, 2022 12:24 PM

Dec 2015
@TheFireNinja The abruptness (and the overall rythm of the final part of their travel in Hell) is due to the manga's cancellation. Kurumada was given the privilege to have a decent space (two volumes) to give a finale to his current "war" (probably thanks to his historical value for the magazine) but nothing more. Likewise, the TV series was interrupted around that period.
At the time I read the manga, I simply went with the idea that the Bronze Saints died/got stuck in the crumbling dimension of Hades, Athena staying with them. It seemed fitting.

As for how it actually was in the mangaka's mind...

TheFireNinja said:

Thanks for clarifying the details :)

No need to thank me, it's a pleasure to see young people still reading this manga (I know it's no Dragon Ball whose style can endure the test of time). I hope you'll have a good time with "Tenkai-hen josô - Overture" (film) or "Next Dimension" (manga), whatever sequel you choose to check.
Rei_IIIAug 22, 2022 6:07 AM
Aug 23, 2022 5:34 PM
Aug 2022
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–€β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–€β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–€β–€β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Chapter 1 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 26, 2012

5 by AndersonMSz »»
Dec 26, 2022 11:07 AM

» Where to read the original chapters?

Henriqueta - Sep 11, 2022

2 by Henriqueta »»
Sep 12, 2022 6:17 PM

» Saint Seiya Manga Ending Question (Spoilers)

removed-user - Aug 11, 2022

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 11, 2022 12:24 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Chapter 98 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 10, 2022

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 10, 2022 4:04 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Chapter 89 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 10, 2022

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 10, 2022 7:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.