Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Land of the Lustrous
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Nov 19, 2022 3:57 AM

Oct 2022
I very much enjoyed this show. The world and storytelling is incredible. This anime immerses me into fascinating lands, where humans made out of gems are the remaining living species and must defend their lives from Moon Dwellers. The gem humans themselves are full of personality and have unique characteristics that are introduced incrementally as the story progresses. The main character, Phos, is the most interesting gem of all. She makes the anime fun and gripping because of her reckless actions with the world and characters. The other gem characters are pretty fantastic and play a key role in helping Phos, as she is one of the weakest gems unable to defend from Moon Dwellers.

Solid 10/10

Dec 1, 2022 5:18 AM

Apr 2020
Houseki no Kuni (Country of Gems) is coal

Jan 12, 2023 7:15 PM
Jan 2023
Gay space rock shit
Jan 28, 2023 4:17 AM

Dec 2022
All i can say is the cg in this is beautifully done and the story overall is lovely and pretty unique, oh and the music as well in this anime makes it so much likeable. I want more animes in the future to be like this or even better especially like the recent big battle shonen anime like chainsaw man with the cg mixing with 2D is honestly such a well work they've done. All and all i might have minor nitpicks here and there but that doesn't really get to the point it's annoying or overused so overall i hope there's future seasons for this anime.

Feb 19, 2023 7:13 PM
Aug 2018
Ending was MID! Huge cliffhanger. Except cliffhangers usually aren't shit.
Mar 21, 2023 8:06 PM
May 2017
The show is pretty good, but idk man. So many people hyped this up, but so far it's not the masterpiece I expected. I'll hold off my overall opinion until I read the manga though, maybe the best parts come a bit after

personal rating 7.5/10
rounded up to 8 for mal
Apr 18, 2023 10:48 PM
Feb 2021
That's a pretty hardcore fuck you ending. this whole episode was pretty underwhelming tbh. It was a great series, and I doubt there'll ever be a season 2 but if there is I'm sure it'll go so much harder. Yea, so the Sensei is fucked, which was pretty evident from the start. Cinnabar is still not that interesting of a character, granted, most of the characters aside from Phos are pretty two dimensional, which isn't necessarily bad for this series, it's just weird when Phos and Cinnabar are meant to have some sort of connection and it's really just not there because Cinnabar is kinda boring. I guess he could probably get more interesting later in the story though. All the other characters, Dia and Antarc especially were fucking incredible, and the ideas behind the gem flesh and moon people are very intuitive, it's just the specifics that are missing. Fucking great anime. The animation style was incredibly unique and the whole show was just fucking beautiful. The only issue with CGI shots is that the characters can just look dead when they're not moving in the background sometimes. It's a problem in 2D as well, but not as often. Honestly this shit looked way better than even the Dragon ball movie which came out not too long ago. Really hope we get to see a second season, but I'll probably have read the manga by then bc the story in this show absolutely bangs. 9/10
Jun 14, 2023 10:41 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
At episode 8 i hate how useless phos is but after seeing phos water reflection in episode 12 it really hurt how she changes, such a dilemma for me
Jun 22, 2023 2:47 AM

Jul 2014
Good watch I can say. Could've been better if it was 24 episodes so we get to know whats up with this world. I was hoping there was more focus on whats the secret behind this world they live in. Nonetheless it was good

7/10
Jun 22, 2023 5:51 AM
Jul 2020
Amazing show ngl, literally one of the most unique ones i have seen. From storywise to animation wise, beautiful.

I'd give this a 9ish out of 10. Currently reading the manga.
Aug 8, 2023 1:49 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
This was pretty long for a manga trailer. Definitely one of the better manga trailers out there though.
Aug 28, 2023 11:36 PM

Mar 2020
i love how they didn't rush and try to explain every single weird thing that was introduced and instead just let the characters shine and the world build in your own imagination. 
many other shows with complicated stories like this would try to overexplain and info-dump you to death 
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Dec 8, 2023 8:13 AM

Sep 2020
I really enjoyed this anime but sadly we might never get a S2.

Orange wasted soo much money and power on garbage like Beasters they should have worked on this instead.

I am thinking about reading the manga let's see.
Feb 3, 5:44 PM
Mar 2023
It just ends where houseki no kuni is going to begin...

Orange, I need a second season soon :(
Mar 9, 8:50 PM
Dec 2022
I watched this show when I first started wearing glasses and don't regret it. It's a beautiful anime that needs a season 2. I won't lie; it is boring at some points and not a lot of actions. It's not something I would rewatch, but it holds a special place in my heart.
May 10, 4:00 AM

Apr 2015
Hope this gets a season 2 because there is insane potential. The manga gets so much crazier.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» The opening is a masterpiece

meyve - May 14

17 by m4th_tuberculose »»
May 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

110 by chandlergray »»
May 16, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

107 by ViSpace »»
May 14, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

104 by ViSpace »»
May 14, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

210 by ViSpace »»
May 13, 2:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.