Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 18, 2017 9:40 AM

Jan 2015
Ik its tagged as harem but is the ending also a harem ending or the mc picks one girl?
Dec 18, 2017 9:42 AM

Feb 2013
He never picks any girl.
No romance whatsoever if you ask me, sucking the blood of every girl doesn't count as romance from my point of view.
Jan 21, 2018 4:42 AM
Jul 2015
Definition of a Harem genre : 3 or more females liking the MC, or feeling romantically attracted to the MC.

So, does this show has 3 females or more liking, or attracted to the MC ?
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Dec 30, 2018 2:59 AM

Dec 2015
I've come to check back on this forums after I dropped Index (after 3 episodes). Someone in the recommendations compares this show to Index (while he likes Index better). I have to say: I liked StB more.

Despite it having harem-like moments.

The big advantages is the good OST and the short arcs (usually only like 4 episodes if I remember correctly - per arc). Setup ls that each arc there gets a new girl introduced. And of course most (or all) of them like the main.

But it isn't always shown in a too annoying way since the main focus is on the plot each arc tells. And while he "gathers" more and more girls not all of them have the same amount of screen time later. So it is okay. It is not tooo "forced".

At least that's how it appeared to me. (And I'm still watching the later seasons ... waiting for S3 to finish completely or at least for an arc to finish since the OVA release slow and I don't want long breaks while watching during an arc.)

The ecchi ... I'd say could be more annoying. If you strongly dislike such stuff. Personally I'm not against it but I often hate it if it comes with the effect of having a less good plot and being too annoying. That wasn't the case here for me.
Mar 10, 2019 11:05 AM

Aug 2018
There’s both. Harem and Romance sprinkled throughout, I’d probably describe it as MC has multiple Romances with at least four of the girls, at least a couple of those I’d consider serious rather than flings.

The ecchi gets better and better as the series goes on. It’s slow mild ecchi in episode one and it really picks up later on.
Mar 10, 2019 12:16 PM

Jan 2015
NoviSun said:
There’s both. Harem and Romance sprinkled throughout, I’d probably describe it as MC has multiple Romances with at least four of the girls, at least a couple of those I’d consider serious rather than flings.

thats exactly what a harem is lol
Mar 10, 2019 12:34 PM

May 2013
BestBoiEren said:
NoviSun said:

Yea and from what I heard, it straight up dived balls deep into polygamy territory. lol
Truly a Divine Comedy
Mar 10, 2019 12:45 PM

Jan 2015
KreatorX said:
BestBoiEren said:

Yea and from what I heard, it straight up dived balls deep into polygamy territory. lol

yeah, thank god I found that info before starting the series, saved me from it
Mar 10, 2019 8:56 PM

Aug 2018
BestBoiEren said:

yeah, thank god I found that info before starting the series, saved me from it

Blessed be to Jesus, Paul and Mary... Our Father who dwells in Heaven protect us from The Imouto, The Plague and The Savage Harem. Amen
Aug 16, 2020 12:43 AM

Aug 2017
BestBoiEren said:
Ik its tagged as harem but is the ending also a harem ending or the mc picks one girl?

No romance. It's harem without much depth or emotion.
Sep 27, 2020 7:54 PM
Mar 2013
I actually dropped this show back when it was airing because I couldn't stand anymore of "No Senpai, This is our fight!" stealing every romance moment he had with the other girls, hearing it's an actual harem I might give it another chance, will drop it for good if he keeps getting senpai blocked every 5 minutes

Seriously who thought making a squeaky middle schooler the main girl of a harem is a good idea...
May 20, 2021 2:48 PM

Jul 2020
Chigo_Sensei said:
I actually dropped this show back when it was airing because I couldn't stand anymore of "No Senpai, This is our fight!" stealing every romance moment he had with the other girls, hearing it's an actual harem I might give it another chance, will drop it for good if he keeps getting senpai blocked every 5 minutes

Seriously who thought making a squeaky middle schooler the main girl of a harem is a good idea...
Yeah i partially agree .It kinda ruins the whole " which girl's gonna win" speculation which is the point of this genre in the first place
Waiting for the stone ocean 3 anime
Jun 2, 2021 11:42 AM
Playing LGE

Jun 2017
Oh yeah, it definitely is a harem series, in a way, though my question here is why they put the TV series as R17+ - Mild Nudity when its the OVAs who are uncensored, since I've never seen the frst season uncensored anywhere before..>.>;

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.