Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 13, 2017 10:51 PM

Jul 2013
I'm nearing the end of the anime, and i'm living it. However, I feel like there's so much more to expand on. How long after the events of the anime does the novel continue for? And is it worth reading in general?

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Dec 13, 2017 11:01 PM

Aug 2014
It's been a while since I've read it, but if I remember right, it mostly moves on to other kingdoms and characters, expanding the world a bit more. Not much more about Youko and the characters in the anime (but they are of course still involved). I recommend reading The Demonic Child, which technically isn't part of 12K, but it's the novel that started it off. It's about Taiki. The series is worth reading, if you don't mind that translation is probably unfinished (? Maybe it is caught up now, you'll have to check yourself) and the novels are still ongoing.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 13, 2017 11:06 PM

Jul 2013
QuattroVaginas said:
It's been a while since I've read it, but if I remember right, it mostly moves on to other kingdoms and characters, expanding the world a bit more. Not much more about Youko and the characters in the anime (but they are of course still involved). I recommend reading The Demonic Child, which technically isn't part of 12K, but it's the novel that started it off. It's about Taiki. The series is worth reading, if you don't mind that translation is probably unfinished (? Maybe it is caught up now, you'll have to check yourself) and the novels are still ongoing.

I'm not too big a fan of Taiki, I disliked his character and plot arc..

Although I would love more on Youko and her kingdom, I think i'll read it regardless, the world of Juuni Kokuki is fantastic, though many of the kingdoms aren't fleshed out enough.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jun 7, 2022 12:07 AM

Feb 2021
QuattroVaginas said:

Yes, I also want to read the Demonic Child, Masho no Ko in Japanese. It was published prior to 12 Kingdoms. Or to read it in the series.

More topics from this board

» Question regard about the LN

MibuKyou - Nov 22, 2022

1 by Ellysea »»
Jan 18, 2023 7:27 PM

» New Novel for Juuni Kokuki

Napoleon1 - Jan 13, 2019

18 by Memore »»
Jun 17, 2022 5:11 AM

» Where to start after finishing the anime?

Zech55555 - May 16, 2022

2 by Memore »»
Jun 7, 2022 12:09 AM

» Did the "Juuni Kokuki" Light Novel series end, or is it still ongoing?

Kuandohan - Oct 2, 2013

16 by Memore »»
Jun 7, 2022 12:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Chapter 7 Discussion

lpf - Feb 19, 2012

4 by lpf »»
Jul 29, 2020 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.