Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
UQ Holder
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 11, 2017 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, the clothes just comes right off.

What a fight and it didn't take more than even 3 minutes for that to happen. Eh, it was interesting to see more of Evangeline's story I guess. I had mixed feelings about the fight itself though. Seeing Asuna meeting Touta is interesting. Her character really gives me nostolgia after all these years.

Stark700Dec 11, 2017 7:07 PM
Dec 11, 2017 11:17 AM
Jul 2017
I wonder how anime only watchers are supposed to understand how Evangeline from 80 years ago already knew about Touta. Guess it was bound to happen since they skipped Dana's arc.
Dec 11, 2017 11:48 AM
Mar 2016
Whoa that, some revelations, more naked bodies, too bad we see Yukihime's full naked glory without that white thing blocking it.
Dec 11, 2017 12:21 PM

Jul 2014
Despite the obvious rush (I'm an anime only and I can notice it), I can't hate the show, I have so much fun watching it that in the end it will leave me with a bittersweet feeling because they didn't follow the manga more faithfully. :/
Dec 11, 2017 1:49 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i KNEW Asuna was gonna be the hero when she appeared LOL
Dec 11, 2017 3:05 PM

Oct 2012
I won't lie - am simple man, I see Asuna, I get happy.

But really, she felt more like deus ex machina then anything else. Not gonna question the annoying pacing and the lack of proper developement here again but the are aiming at defeating Ialda without proper build-up (like btw, this is the final boss) certainly wasn't the best choice. This wasn't bad episode per se and the action/dream world was nice but it felt really unfit for current set of events.
If anything the power-creep of this series is beyond insane (and I honestly doubt the manga is any better).

Also, if Touta is born of Negi's and Asuna's DNAs, wouldn't that make him their son instead? Really don't know how could they think of him as their grandson... even if it was their DNA put into Konoe's body.
Logic, Akamatsu, logic!

The amout of fanservice/skinship in this episode was huge though. The megasneeze scene was honestly brilliant. First I was thinking I would screen-capture everything but then I realized it would be gigantic task for this episode. So at least one of these:

btw - after seeing this episode, it's beyond doubt Kuromaru IS a woman and thinks of herself as such (even though her boobs are nil). It's just a disappointment noone commented it again (not even Touta in the first place).
Mich666Dec 11, 2017 3:11 PM
Dec 11, 2017 3:58 PM

Dec 2013
Negi has some top tier stripping powers.

Eva’s reaction to the mage of the beginnings mind attacks were funny.

Things got pretty hype towards the end.
Dec 11, 2017 10:00 PM
Apr 2016
The whole world inside the Mage of the Morning's mind was really screwy, things just sort of happened without build-up and it was like, "oh, fancy seeing you guys here too" all the time. It'd be nice if things were established a little bit before it happened.

I think this is the weakest episode of the season.
Phosphophyllite is best gem
Dec 12, 2017 1:03 AM

Jul 2016
While this episode is followed exactly how the manga goes, I can't stand the fact they skipped 40% of the fight (The fight in the manga was a little longer than the anime does), rushing the plots and making the fight even more light-heart than the manga actually does (The fight never be this light-heart in the manga). I'm not idea how the fuck they will gonna handle the next episode with skipping too much plots like Touta's power, Fate and Santa being assemble in this fight

I beg a lot of Anime-only watchers who haven't read the manga or at least the OVA will getting so much confused about Yukihime's weird reaction to Touta and Touta's "secret" power that Yue and Asuna keep mentioning.

Rushed plots beside, nice to see Takehito Koyasu voicing Nagi again (I know he already returned to voice Nagi ever since he voice Nagi in Negima Drama CD at 2008) and MotB finally get a voice actor in the anime.

Garamas said:
I wonder how anime only watchers are supposed to understand how Evangeline from 80 years ago already knew about Touta. Guess it was bound to happen since they skipped Dana's arc.

Well since some of the Training Arc was adapted into the OVA I think the anime-only watchers who already watched that OVA may understand some of the Eva's lines about Touta, but yet it's stupid they skipped the whole Training arc.

Mich666 said:
Not gonna question the annoying pacing and the lack of proper developement here again but the are aiming at defeating Ialda without proper build-up (like btw, this is the final boss) certainly wasn't the best choice.

This is the reason why I HATE this anime so much, they trying to SKIPPED 80 fucking chapters so we can see any Negima related staffs in every single episodes of this anime. I still have no idea why the fuck they skipped the WHOLE training arc??? Okay I get they skipped the whole Sayako arc because it's nothing to do with Negima but the training arc too? That arc is nothing to do with Negima too but at least we DID see the characters (Especially Touta) training themselves to become stronger and get character development to some of characters (Mostly Touta and Kirie).

It will make this fight a bit sense if they included the Training arc for the anime like the manga does, but no they rushing the plots instead.

Mich666 said:
Also, if Touta is born of Negi's and Asuna's DNAs, wouldn't that make him their son instead? Really don't know how could they think of him as their grandson... even if it was their DNA put into Konoe's body.
Logic, Akamatsu, logic!

According to the manga, there's two reason why Touta is their grandson instead:

1) Touta is probably a second clone of Negi and they may already created a first clone of Negi before Touta was created.
2) Age wise. Who will gonna believe a man who is at age 91 have a 14 years-old son? No one will believe this right?

Mich666 said:
btw - after seeing this episode, it's beyond doubt Kuromaru IS a woman and thinks of herself as such (even though her boobs are nil). It's just a disappointment noone commented it again (not even Touta in the first place).

Well Touta still think Kuromaru is a guy so it can't help lol.
MahiaErebeaNegiDec 12, 2017 1:07 AM
Dec 12, 2017 3:08 AM

Jan 2012
The censor ruined it. Can't wait for the bluray
Dec 12, 2017 7:30 AM

Oct 2012
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Mich666 said:
Logic, Akamatsu, logic!

According to the manga, there's two reason why Touta is their grandson instead:
1) Touta is probably a second clone of Negi and they may already created a first clone of Negi before Touta was created.
2) Age wise. Who will gonna believe a man who is at age 91 have a 14 years-old son? No one will believe this right?

I'm just saying that based on what they told us in the anime this grandson thing doesn't make any sense. And even if what you write about manga is true then for Touta to be qualified as their grandson (and not as the brother of the first clone) they would first need to make a clone of Negi and then make another clone out of this one, combined with someone else’s DNA (cause imprinting their DNA - provided it was Asuna's and Negi's DNA again - into the clone already consisting of their DNA would super weird).

Can you give me the chapter number where this is explained in detail? The whole thing really makes no sense but I would probably want to read this by myself.
Dec 12, 2017 8:16 AM

Dec 2014
agi special sneeze power lol...I really laughed ...I will really appreciate if someone explain me what had actually happened... with a spoiler tag...than you manga readers if there are anyone who can
Dec 12, 2017 9:53 AM

May 2012
Good episode. I enjoyed the action (and nudity)
Dec 12, 2017 10:52 AM

May 2017
Garamas said:

Actually, the Dana arc was covered in the UQ Holder OVA, but that was not shown on public TV but it came with 2 others with the UQ Holder Manga special.

---

on a general note.
The episode was well. I am still annoyed how they changed many things from original source materials.
Still, negi even as adult has the sneezestrip attack lol.

I would like to add something else. When ilusion evangeline/Yukihime said that she wanted only Tota to be the one who walk with her under the blue sky. She was not talking about her as yukihime, but the evangeline was refering to the time traveling arc in the manga (also which shown in the UQ Holder OVA). tota travels back in time through Evangeline's history while he was training with the Mage of Dimensions (And Eva's master which was supposed to appear in the tournament arc) and met her (Evangeline) there (time traveling skips were glitched in the time-space continuum in the witch's castle. In the end Tota is really Evangeline's first love, not Nagi. And the one who Evangeline wanted to be with for 700 years was Tota. But Evangeline knew that Touta was a time traveler, and by the time they met again after 700 years Eva felt so guilty about all the sins she committed and how much blood her hands have to feel worth to be by Touta's side.

I see that Asuna showed up too huh...
In this point in the story (when the manga was first being translated) is when i discovered that UQ holder storyline took place in the "forgotten timeline", (the timeline that has been forgotten by time, the time line in which asuna sleeps in mars and woke up 100 years late, then Chao Linsgsen came to take her back to the official timeline [which is why there is no 2 Evangeline]. The timeline Chao Lingsen was speaking of when she confronted Negi in Negima budokai tournament arc. But this timeline got erased when Chao lingsen took Asuna back in time, after she woke up, which resulted in Negima's official ending, which also shown in the Chamo arc.) But people didnt believe me, back when the manga was first being translated. Its not until the Chamo library arc when they show the flashback, that people began to believe me when I said UQ Holder takes place in the "Forgotten timeline".

--
@Mich666
There were 71 attempts to clone Negi while using his DNA and Asuna's DNA to make the perfect weapon to hold and seal Ialda (the mage of beginning).
First of all, Tota was not "Born", he was "Manufactured". The methods they used was a combination of genetic splicing mixed with magic (The same way Fate and his siblings were created). But for 69 experiments, all ended into a failure.
The only ones who came out Alive were Cutlass and Tota. And the only one who was a success masterpice was Tota. Which why Cutlass hates him for it since all her childhood she was bullied and mistreated as a failure, which made her hate Tota.
Technically, rather than a clone, Tota and Cutlass are more like humonculi.
The doods that did it wanted Negi's power of magia erebera, and asuna's abilities to cancel magic and her abilities to use Kankan, the combination of Ki and Magic for close quarter combat which asuna managed to master.
The perfect weapon against Ialda.
The people knew that when Tota kills Negi-ialda, ialda will poses Tota's body to make it her own like she did with nagi and Negi, then they would seal Ialda once more like the Magisters did centuries ago (In Negima).
So yeah, the method was Gene splicing and magic.
How ever, in the Chamo library arc, touta managed to discover another effective way to defeat ialda without any sacrifices (which is how Negima's official timeline ends).
Why does Tota calls negi "grandfather" instead of "father"? Well, because of reasons mentioned by the other dude. To hide Tota's origins as a clone of Negi, everyone told Tota that Negi was his grandfather so he grew up believing that. Technically Negi is his father not grandfather, but like mentioned, Negi should be 91 years old so being his son would sound wrong. Why he keeps calling him grandpa instead of dad? well, calling him grandfather stuck, so he kept at it. It would feel weird to sudden change. Plus its not the first time an old man adopts a kid and the kid calls him grandps instead of dad, it even happens in real life.
Also, about Kuromaru: Kuromaru's real gender is one of an hermaphrodite. That is why s/he identify themselves as "genderless". Kuromaru is half youkai and the youkai side is hermaphrodite, but they can choose one specific gender after a certain age based on their experiences as they grow up and/or preferences.
The reason why akamatsu keeps Kuromaru's gender preferences ambiguous? for jokes and giggles and fanservices. Kuromaru is supposed to be the "Boy-love" character in Tota's harem. (Just like Fate was Negi's. Sanka doesn't count as BL because his role is Tota's best friend like Kotarou was to Negi).

P.S.
@Mich666
Even in the manga, by this point in time (The first encounter with Negi-Ialda. The events that happens in ep 10-12 happens in the manga early too as well), they do not defeat her (Negi-Ialda) then. Something else happens that stops Negi and buys Tota and co. time to prepare a way to defeat Ialda, and said thing will be shown in episode 12. So no, Tota will not defeat Ialda yet, not even in ep 12 of the anime. All i'll say is that the thing has to do with Asuna.

---

In conclusion. The most reason why most anime adaptation skip arcs or compresses others is: [u]LAZYNESS!!!![/u]
I mean, by now in Japan, all otaku people have read any and all chapters of UQ holders so they know what's about. So animators has not waste time and money re-telling everything once more because it would be a waste, would take more episodes and time, and they have limited budget.
Plus Anime is made for Japan audience and japan mostly/only We gaijin are just collateral watchers so japan editors does not care if we get the storyline or not. Its not aimed at us, sad but true.
All we have to do is research on information about it to understand or read the original source material.
ThatRandomDudeDec 12, 2017 11:45 AM
Dec 12, 2017 11:42 AM

Oct 2012
RandomCritic said:
@Mich666
Why does Tota calls negi "grandfather" instead of "father"? Well, because of reasons mentioned by the other dude. To hide Tota's origins as a clone of Negi, everyone told Tota that Negi was his grandfather so he grew up believing that. Technically Negi is his father not grandfather, but like mentioned, Negi should be 91 years old so being his son would sound wrong.
Also, about Kuromaru: Kuromaru's real gender is one of an hermaphrodite. That is why s/he identify themselves as "genderless". Kuromaru is half youkai and the youkai side is hermaphrodite, but they can choose one specific gender after a certain age based on their experiences as they grow up and/or preferences.
The reason why akamatsu keeps Kuromaru's gender preferences ambiguous? for jokes and giggles and fanservices. Kuromaru is supposed to be the "Boy-love" character in Tota's harem.

I have no problem with Touta still viewing them as grandparents. But it was actually Asuna who called herself 'oba-chan' and there was no longer any need to lie to him, that's the problem right here. Her projection aside, the only possible explanation to this would be to view her as extension of himself he had locked inside of him. But that still doesn't explain some things she said later. But maybe I'm just looking for logic when there is clearly none.

Come on, reread all those explanations again, try to step back and try to see how stupid those things happening in UQH are. All those immortals, power creep elements and gentic experiments just screams of attempted retcon and are probably the most jarring thing in this series. No to mention that to actually explain everything, Akamatsu eventally resorted to
after he run out of ideas, so, yeah, let's face it people - whole UQ Holder is just very weak manga attempt for ressurection of Negima franchise.

Ok, Kuromaru is hermaphrodite, I can take that. But the writing is doing her great disservice then. putting her into the role of woman constantly, more often then not. She is basically just usual trope. And rather than this weak developement I recommend reading great book The Left Hand of the Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin which explores hermaphrodites theme a lot better. Or Ranma manga for the comedy at least.
Dec 12, 2017 12:22 PM

May 2017
Mich666 said:

I have no problem with Touta still viewing them as grandparents. But it was actually Asuna who called herself 'oba-chan' and there was no longer any need to lie to him, that's the problem right here. Her projection aside, the only possible explanation to this would be to view her as extension of himself he had locked inside of him. But that still doesn't explain some things she said later. But maybe I'm just looking for logic when there is clearly none.

Uhm, I think asuna did mention that it was a bit weird for referring herself as "grandmother" but went along with it to go along with the lines.

Come on, reread all those explanations again, try to step back and try to see how stupid those things happening in UQH are. All those immortals, power creep elements and gentic experiments just screams of attempted retcon and are probably the most jarring thing in this series. No to mention that to actually explain everything, Akamatsu eventually resorted to
after he run out of ideas, so, yeah, let's face it people - whole UQ Holder is just very weak manga attempt for ressurection of Negima franchise.

First of all, Akamatsu had to finish Negima earlier than he expected because of circumstances that happened, and he had to rush in the ending (by doing a mayor time skip) to close the series. He was not even expecting to write or continue again (as he was forced to retire).
He got the chance for UQ Holder and decided to actually finish Negima in how he intended through it (UQ Holder) and close the saga of Magister Negi Magi with golden brooch.
Second; I do not know if you read Negima, but the ideas of time travel, parallel universes, clones and humonculi and all that you mentioned; already appeared and/or explored in Negima's original series before UQ holder so that is not new. Hell!!! Negima is even loose based on Harry Potter as you can see a lot of Harry Poter elements into the original Negima series.
Since the beginning of Negima, Chao Linseng told Negi that the timeline she comes from; everyone knew magic but it also brought strife, cruelty and all that. The timeline she refers to is the timeline UQ holders takes place in. (Chao also mentions that in her timeline, Negi disappears as an adult and presumed dead, which is the main topic of UQ Holders). Also, Chao Lingsen is a descendant of Negi; Chao is actually, as a matter of fact, a descendant of Tota, which indirectly makes her a descendant of Negi. However, Negi (In original negima) made a split in the timeline by changing the way to restoring Inverse Mars. And then Chao Lingsen made it worst when she took Future Evangeline and an awaken Asuna back in time which makes for Negima's actual ending.
This erases Tota's timeline from existence which is why is known as: "The Forgotten Timeline" (Since Negi saves his father from ialda, and defeats ialda without any sacrifices destroying ialda for good and for real so there is no need to clone Negi so there is no Tota needed to be created. Also Chao's family three album gets erased as she show the Negima girls meaning that her timeline seized to exist. Chao is not affected because of her time-machine/amulet powers conserves her existence or anyone's who travels in time through it.
UQ Holders takes place in this "Fogotten timeline" to show what Chao Lingsen meant when she spoke to Negi. Which is why also there is no 2 Evangelines (like in original negima's ending), and why everyone is aware of Magic.
Then Akamatsu closes the saga of Negima for good in the Chamo-library arc where Tota learns of another method to defeat Ialda without his or anyone's sacrifice.

Why akamatsu did this? To be able to trully bring negima to a close in a flashback arc.

Ok, Kuromaru is hermaphrodite, I can take that. But the writing is doing her great disservice then. putting her into the role of woman constantly, more often then not. She is basically just usual trope. And rather than this weak developement I recommend reading great book The Left Hand of the Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin which explores hermaphrodites theme a lot better. Or Ranma manga for the comedy at least.

Didn't I just mention that the reason akamatsu does that to Kuromaru's character roster is just for fun and giggles, and fan service?
You think japanese otaku care about logical and detailed stuff? NO!!
As long as is fun, ecchi, fanservice, and/or fit the character archetype criteria they don't care.
Kuromaru is the Boy-love archetype in Tota's harem. And his/her use is for comedy relief and pervy BL acts and fanservice that some japanese otaku likes to see. Fun and giggles, enough said.
And remember these stories are made for the Japanese, not for us so they don't care on what we think or if is illogical. Character relief and that is going to be, now you choose whether to continue watching or drop it. Sadly it won't change anything.
I might sound harsh and I apologize since it was not my intention, but that is the reality.
So Kuromaru will be forever used for ambiguos pervy jokes and there will be not a specific gender chosen for him/her because that will ruin his/her character purpose. Sorry, but that's it. You may or may not like it.
It all ends with the 'hook line and sinker' trap to keep reeling people up with "the mystery about kuromaru". And it works. Which is why editors keep using it. To make a profit. And Otaku likes it and buys it. That's how it works.

P.S. @Mich666,
Kuromaru actually reminds me of that gender ambiguos character from "Knights of syndonia". Kuromaru's gender metamorphosis happens exactly like that character in Knights of Syndonia. Maybe Akamatsu copied that from.
ThatRandomDudeDec 12, 2017 12:41 PM
Dec 12, 2017 12:52 PM

Jul 2009
One thing that seriously throws me off is if Tota is Negi's clone then why is he considered his grandson instead of son? Why the skip in generation????

And I'm guessing Tota x Yukihime is canon. He pretty much confirmed this episode that he returns her feelings. Isn't that great Yukihime? After bouncing around all his predecessors you finally scored! (It's still hella weird that she went after her crush's son then grandson)

EDIT: aaaand seems like others in this thread already sorta answered my question but still. Just call him dad -.- it annoys me. Sure he's supposed to be like 91 but he LOOKS young so whatever.
Dec 12, 2017 2:11 PM

Sep 2015
Damn, what an awesome episode!
But in the end, i really got spoiled, while i still only read volume11 of the manga...
This is just the beginning...

Dec 12, 2017 6:13 PM

Jun 2014
Hey manga reader I have a question that has been bugging me after reading the flashback for negima's original ending.

Dec 12, 2017 6:51 PM

May 2017
Thai777 said:
Hey manga reader I have a question that has been bugging me after reading the flashback for negima's original ending.

Good question...

@Inugirlz
The reason why Tota calls him grandfather is that Tota was raised to believe that. Evangeline told him that Negi was his grandfather to hide the fact that he is Negi's clone from him to protect him and make him have a 'normal childhood' and hide him from Ialda.
The term stuck so he keeps calling him grandps. I mean is not uncommon if you ask me; in other series and even in real life, when an old man adopts a kid, the kid usually refers to as "grandfather" instead of "father" even if legally the old man is his or her father.
Dec 12, 2017 8:23 PM

Oct 2008
Damn! the story line of this Negima franchise is so expansive i'm starting to get overwhelmed and regret that I didn't follow the whole story...
5/5.

Dec 13, 2017 12:37 AM

Jul 2016
RandomCritic said:
Since the beginning of Negima, Chao Linseng told Negi that the timeline she comes from; everyone knew magic but it also brought strife, cruelty and all that. The timeline she refers to is the timeline UQ holders takes place in. (Chao also mentions that in her timeline, Negi disappears as an adult and presumed dead, which is the main topic of UQ Holders).

Sorry but isn't Chao's timeline is different than the UQH's timeline? In the Chapter 353 when Chao explain the timeline staff, there's a three timeline showed up which is the first timeline is Negima/Happy Ending timeline, the second timeline is the UQH/Bad Ending timeline and the third timeline is where Chao came from. Unless I forgot or missed something else.

Thai777 said:

That's also my question that I was wondering even since Arika revealed, it's seem like either Akamatsu was forgot about her or she is death sometimes during in the series.
Dec 13, 2017 2:15 AM

Jan 2016
Where the hell is my boi
Dec 13, 2017 3:30 AM
Jul 2011
@RandomCritic
Negima is even loose based on Harry Potter as you can see a lot of Harry Poter elements into the original Negima series.

What, naaah!
You guys just associate every fantasy whit Harry Potter. The problem is in your perception.

Dec 13, 2017 7:40 AM

Jun 2016
Why is this anime's quality going down after each episode? Heck, I still enjoyed this episode. Lol.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 13, 2017 7:40 PM

Mar 2014
Thai777 said:

It is heavily implied in Negima

Dec 14, 2017 8:19 AM

May 2017
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
RandomCritic said:
Since the beginning of Negima, Chao Linseng told Negi that the timeline she comes from; everyone knew magic but it also brought strife, cruelty and all that. The timeline she refers to is the timeline UQ holders takes place in. (Chao also mentions that in her timeline, Negi disappears as an adult and presumed dead, which is the main topic of UQ Holders).

Sorry but isn't Chao's timeline is different than the UQH's timeline? In the Chapter 353 when Chao explain the timeline staff, there's a three timeline showed up which is the first timeline is Negima/Happy Ending timeline, the second timeline is the UQH/Bad Ending timeline and the third timeline is where Chao came from. Unless I forgot or missed something else.

No, Chao's timeline came first.
When Negi faced her, she said that the timeline where she comes from, everyone knows about magic but there was strife, struggle, cruelty and all that.
She also says that Negi became a hero but dissapeared and no one knew where he was.
That is what is going on in UQ Holder.
Then Negi split the timeline when he changed how people learned about magic and the ways to restore inverse mars.
Then Chao split the timeline once more when she brought asuna back in time. Chao's timeline got erased.
UQ Holder's timeline takes place between all these. But then Tota screw up more the timeline by he himself going back in time while training in the witch of dimensions' castle.

@megaload
I do not know if you're being sarcastic or not but...
even by looking at chibi Negi you can see a resemblance to Harry Poter.
And how Negima started, most elements were similar to Harry Poter.
Hell, even Akamatsu admits he got inspired a bit by it.

@Bloodriver
Really? Well I did think Arika was the mage of beginning but then i saw them call her ialda so my suspicious left. Also that Ialda's female form reminds me of Negi's mom.
It made sense too, Nagi hunting down Ialda, which was one of my other reasons.
I haven't confirmed, and it still ambiguos so I do not know.
And also, Negi's mom does not appear in the Negima's official ending, nor in the chamo-library arc when Negi defeats Ialda.
Which confirms more that Arika was not in Ialda.
Nagi was the only one saved.
ThatRandomDudeDec 14, 2017 8:31 AM
Dec 14, 2017 10:34 AM

Jun 2014
Bloodriver said:
Thai777 said:

It is heavily implied in Negima

Ohh thank you! That makes a lot of sense, though how
It would be nice to have a chapter dedicated to that instead of only some implication.
Dec 14, 2017 11:16 AM
Jul 2011
@RandomCritic
even by looking at chibi Negi you can see a resemblance to Harry Poter

Nope, except cloak, glasses, citizenship and some common adventure tropes created long before HP there is nothing in common between them.

Yes, like Harry became teacher really young and had allot of erotic adventures.

Citation needed.

Dec 14, 2017 12:03 PM

Oct 2011
I can't help but keep thinking about how all this should make zero sense to who don't know the mangás ^^'

what is a pity... things that are so interesting and cool in the manga, probably seems lame and weird in the anime ^^'
Dec 14, 2017 2:10 PM

May 2017
megaload said:
@RandomCritic
even by looking at chibi Negi you can see a resemblance to Harry Poter

Nope, except cloak, glasses, citizenship and some common adventure tropes created long before HP there is nothing in common between them.

Yes, like Harry became teacher really young and had allot of erotic adventures.

Citation needed.

1) he (Negi) is a young magician boy who comes from wales and aspiring to be a great wizard, with high magical aptitute. His parents are two legendary magicians (one a empress from a magic kingdom), and the other a wandering legend who died before he was a starting mage ( and there is a statue of them in Mahora; which Magister and Magistra team-up was based of). So he lived in a village in wales with foster family until that village was attacked and turned into stone.
If you ask me, that background story has similar traits to Harry Potter. Young magician boy with high magic born strong respected magician parents in a world where magic is a total secrecy. I never said Negima was rip off, copy or the same as Harry Potter, I said it had traits and ideas taken from.

2) Negi looks like Harry, except he is a kid, have redish-brown hair and a different personality. But his character design (especially the early draft ones) is similar to Harry Potter; he even wears the same spectacles.

3) When Negima manga started, a few years later when Love Hina finished and was on it's top on fame. In one of the interviews that was given to him, Akamatsu answered that he was familiarized with Harry Potter and got part of his inspiration from it.
I Never said that akamatsu said that he copied, or rip off from Harry potter in his interview.
ThatRandomDudeDec 14, 2017 2:18 PM
Dec 14, 2017 2:57 PM
Jul 2011
@RandomCritic
Look now.
Harry Potter is really bad and overridden with cliches and popular tropes. It has similarities with everything - Narnia, Earthsea, The Riftwar Saga ect. Joanne K. Rowling have stolen from everything she could.

Negima is also really bad and derivative but from diverse cultural sources (eastern, western, fantasy, sci-fi...), also has great worldbuilding and incredibly well thought spectacular magic battles. Things that Harry Potter has not.
So maybe Akamatsu did take some vague motives from HP but I don't see a direct connection.
Dec 14, 2017 3:18 PM

Oct 2011
RandomCritic said:

1) he (Negi) is a young magician boy who comes from wales and aspiring to be a great wizard, with high magical aptitute. His parents are two legendary magicians (one a empress from a magic kingdom), and the other a wandering legend who died before he was a starting mage ( and there is a statue of them in Mahora; which Magister and Magistra team-up was based of). So he lived in a village in wales with foster family until that village was attacked and turned into stone.

just an observation... there's no statue of Nagi and Arika in Mahora...
you probably thinking about the statue that was showed when Negi was explaining about the partner system to Asuna... they are only a random pair of magician and warrior (and Negi said that is from his homeland)

and, I don't think this Magister/Ministra thing come from them (Nagi and Arika)... I recall they saying that Nagi used an unorthodox battle style for a mage, exactly by not follow this premise of stay in the back using powerfull spells while a warrior protect him in the frontline

but, this have nothing to do with the point about Harry Potter, sorry ... XD
(btw, in the extras of the first volume, there's some sketches of Negi... even there, are a note about his glasses be "like Harry Potter's" , lol )
Dec 14, 2017 4:20 PM

May 2012
Aw man. Pls no.

I can get by the huge pacing issues and major arc skips, but I don't want this Tota x Eva ship all over again. It's always just felt so forced to me

Since next episode is the final episode, I think, let's see how things go down. Wonder if it'd get a second season in the future.

Forgot to post and mention in recent episode discussions, but it's nice to see my girl Yue and boy Rakan again. Let's not forget about Colonel Sanders

Dec 15, 2017 1:12 AM

Jul 2016
RandomCritic said:
No, Chao's timeline came first.

I know, but that's not my main question about this. My main question is how comes Chao's timeline is same as UQH?

RandomCritic said:
When Negi faced her, she said that the timeline where she comes from, everyone knows about magic but there was strife, struggle, cruelty and all that.

And you forgot about one thing, Chao's timeline is having a endless war between Magic and Science for over 100 years, and in UQH timeline there's no any war between Magic and Science other than the MotB war from year 2065 (Yeah there's a war in UQH too but only because they're not welcome the people from Mars live in the Earth unlike Chao's timeline), so I can't really seen Chao's timeline and UQH timeline is the same.

RandomCritic said:
She also says that Negi became a hero but dissapeared and no one knew where he was.
That is what is going on in UQ Holder.

And do you have a confirmation date of Negi's death in Chao's timeline? I'm not it's not true but we need to see if Negi's death time from that timeline is also same year 2065 as the Bad End and UQH timeline first before you said Chao's timeline is UQH timeline.

RandomCritic said:
Then Chao split the timeline once more when she brought asuna back in time. Chao's timeline got erased.

Since when did Chao's timeline was erased? If that's the case then why in the final chapter implied Chao became a hero in her original timeline? Your statement about Chao's timeline being erased is feel more like your head-canon than the manga itself stated.

I seriously need to reread the manga if that's true.
MahiaErebeaNegiDec 15, 2017 1:24 AM
Dec 15, 2017 3:21 PM

May 2017
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

You do have come concrete roots here and I admit i may had been slightly mistaken.
But there is a few factors i want to declare
I think UQ holder may not be chao's timeline but the time slip Negi did. Since UQ Holder does takes place in the timeline Asuna is sleeping to regenerate inverse mars, just before she was brought back in time.
So in that regard I may had been mistaken.
When Chao said that Negi became a world hero but disappear was to asuna not to negi in the ending to negima. Its been so long since I last saw Negima to remember fully so i admit mistaken on that.
However... in regard this:
First: Also I said Chao said that Negi disappeared, not that he died.
The ones who were saying that Negi died was Evangeline and co. in UQ Holders.
Second: Things in Negima are ambiguous because by that time UQ Holder was not even in plans.
My quote says so, even you quoted, that I never said that Chao said negi died but dissapeared after becoming a world hero. Not that he died.

Third, Chao's timeline got Erased. She says so to Asuna, plus she shows proof to the negima girls in the ending.
I will say this: I saw Negima's Ending 3 times.
first time, when Negima ended.
Second time, to check and make sure on something.
Third time, when i saw that chisame was the supposed "chosen girl" when she was not! Chisame became the "misterious negi lover" because she won the popular character pole to "who will be Negi's wife" for UQ Holder. None of that information was even hinted in the original ending to negima... but that is besides the point.

After re-reading the final chapters to negima, when Chao appears in the future to a recently awaken asuna and that something went wrong because she woke up a 100 years too late. Chao explained to asuna what happened, and that after she went to sleep, Negi became strong and independent in sadness for her absence and became a world hero. But suddenly disappeared and no one knew where he was. (In other words, he pulled a Nagi on them). She also tells asuna there that because of negi's decision to help the world and restore inverse mars, their timeline split and Chao's timeline got erased. That she is still alive because her time-pendant is protecting her existence.
When Chao, together with future evangeline, took asuna back in time and they all reunited with negi and the other girls.
The question to who's negi future wife was brought once more and who negi loves.
Chao brings out her family tree book and says that her timeline got erased so, and that her book became blank pages. So which means that their future has changed and the spot for Negi's wife was still open.
Also in none of it was implied that Chao became some kind of hero. She was speaking of Negi, not herself.
So yeah, I might had been mistaken that UQ holder takes place in Chao's timeline and for that I apologize. (Since Asuna doesn't go to sleep in Chao's timeline).
But for the rest I wont because I am on the nail to it. UQ Holder still takes place in a forgotten timeine, one who also gets erased when Chao brings Asuna back in time.
Since Asuna is with negi, there is no reason for Negi to dissapear and no absence of asuna. So the 2 strongest modern mages are active, so there is no reason to clone negi and asuna for their power. And since Negi defeated Ialda in the official Negima epilogue, there is also no reason to make a tota to seal and destroy ialda with. So Tota seized to exist (and his timeline).
If you want to confirm this yourself and not just take my word for it.
Go to mangaFox, or what other manga site and read the last chapsters (chapters not chapter) of negima until the epilogue.
By the way... The Negima and UQ holder timeline gets even more screwed when Tota accidentally goes back in time to meet young evangeline. Making Tota Evangeline's first love not Nagi.
You won your case on the aspect of UQ Holder being part of Chao's timeline... but I still stand tall for the rest.
-
@Olem
Tota and Evangeline's "ship" is not forced. Tota develops a crush on her throughout his childhood living with her. And her love to him was explored in the "witch of dimention's arc" (And OVA) which shows with detail how and why Eva fell in love with Tota. So no, its not forced nor rushed.
-

Ronin-errante said:

just an observation... there's no statue of Nagi and Arika in Mahora...
you probably thinking about the statue that was showed when Negi was explaining about the partner system to Asuna... they are only a random pair of magician and warrior (and Negi said that is from his homeland)

and, I don't think this Magister/Ministra thing come from them (Nagi and Arika)... I recall they saying that Nagi used an unorthodox battle style for a mage, exactly by not follow this premise of stay in the back using powerfull spells while a warrior protect him in the frontline

The statues were made in honor of Nagi and Arika. And the system was made after them. Before, there were no magister nor magistra.
Rankan and Albireo confirms this to negi on the ala alba arc in the manga when albireo began talking to negi about his father and mother. Besides, the statues are not just about Nagi and Arika, they show their entire team. But when Negi was explaining asuna, they only showed the "knight and mage/man and woman" but when albireo spoke about it, the flashback showed the entire statue which has nagi's whole team with Nagi and Arika on top.
But thank you for your observation.
-
@megaload
Again, I never said it was a direct connection. I said that Akamatsu got inspired by it and took some ideas from.
Hell, @Ronin-errante also confirmed my statement more when he quoted me this:
(btw, in the extras of the first volume, there's some sketches of Negi... even there, are a note about his glasses be "like Harry Potter's" , lol )

So yeah, Negima has aspect taken from Harry potter and some elements, but is not a direct story, or a rip off or a copy like I had been saying this entire time
ThatRandomDudeDec 15, 2017 3:31 PM
Dec 15, 2017 6:55 PM

Oct 2011
RandomCritic said:

The statues were made in honor of Nagi and Arika. And the system was made after them. Before, there were no magister nor magistra.
Rankan and Albireo confirms this to negi on the ala alba arc in the manga when albireo began talking to negi about his father and mother. Besides, the statues are not just about Nagi and Arika, they show their entire team. But when Negi was explaining asuna, they only showed the "knight and mage/man and woman" but when albireo spoke about it, the flashback showed the entire statue which has nagi's whole team with Nagi and Arika on top.
But thank you for your observation.

I know this thing about the statues isn't so relevant ^^' ... but I really, really don't remember this statue of Ala Rubra you're talking about (especially with Arika)
that I remember, the only parts that Arika was showed was in Rakan's "movie", when Kurt explain about her prison to Negi, in the Chosmo Entelecheia, and a flashback of Fate...
in none of those they talk about the Magister/Ministra system or show any statue (and Albiero never explained anything to Negi about his mother... the only part where they sit together to talk, is when he told him that Nagi is alive and to go to the MM to search answers)

searching for, I only found this thing, when Yue was explaining about Negi be from the royal line;
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/mahou_sensei_negima/v30/c270/10.html

but the statue it's actually in honor of the first queen of Ostia royal line, not Arika '-' (I was wrong about them being random mage and warrior, XD .. didn't remembered this dialogue either)...

RandomCritic said:

After re-reading the final chapters to negima, when Chao appears in the future to a recently awaken asuna and that something went wrong because she woke up a 100 years too late. Chao explained to asuna what happened, and that after she went to sleep, Negi became strong and independent in sadness for her absence and became a world hero. But suddenly disappeared and no one knew where he was. (In other words, he pulled a Nagi on them). She also tells asuna there that because of negi's decision to help the world and restore inverse mars, their timeline split and Chao's timeline got erased. That she is still alive because her time-pendant is protecting her existence.
When Chao, together with future evangeline, took asuna back in time and they all reunited with negi and the other girls.
The question to who's negi future wife was brought once more and who negi loves.
Chao brings out her family tree book and says that her timeline got erased so, and that her book became blank pages. So which means that their future has changed and the spot for Negi's wife was still open.
Also in none of it was implied that Chao became some kind of hero. She was speaking of Negi, not herself.

are you sure you re-read? o_o

Chao never said those things '-'
Negi "suddenly disappear"? Future Eva actually states that he died... satisfied... except for not had fulfilled his promise to Asuna ... they didn't explain how he died, despite the fact of being immortal, but never said that he disappeared or that no one knew where he was...

and Chao never said that her timeline was erased ... when she was explaining how her device to cross paralel dimensions works, is showed a scheme of the timelines... showing that Negi created a new one, different from her future (the one where Asuna is sleeping)... and there's a third, where they are in the scene, created when Chao and Evan brought Asuna back... but never was said that this "erased" her timeline... literally in the next page, Chao say that she'll head back to her own world ¬¬ ... (this about Chao be a hero in her own future, is said in the final chapter, when they describe what happened to each girl... in Chao's, was said that she keep fighting to bring peace to her timeline )

the thing about her family tree book was other story... some chapters before even Asuna being put to sleep... (Chao wasn't even there).
when the girls are trying to discover who was Negi's favourite, Hakase bring the book and show that was blank, saying that the future changed because of their actions in the MM and, now, anyone could be Negi's future wife... again, never was said that the other timeline was erased
Dec 15, 2017 7:02 PM

Oct 2011
btw... I'm wondering for some time now but.... it's okay all this discussion about Negima and UQ Holder mangá in this topic? (that is supposed to be about an episode of UQ Holder anime) ^^'
Dec 15, 2017 7:47 PM
Jan 2013
UQ holder manga's plot is terrible.Just by reading the spoilers here anyone can tell why they skipped it.So convoluted is the plot that the anime is a big improvement by simplifying it.They didnt want to drag out a bad idea.Just focus more on action and fanservice.At least
it's enjoyable.

So first Negi girl wins,as expected.

Dec 15, 2017 11:59 PM

Jul 2016
RandomCritic said:

RandomCritic said:

Are you sure?

http://www.mangareader.net/mahou-sensei-negima/353/7
http://www.mangareader.net/mahou-sensei-negima/353/8
http://www.mangareader.net/mahou-sensei-negima/355/17

genesic123 said:
UQ holder manga's plot is terrible.Just by reading the spoilers here anyone can tell why they skipped it.So convoluted is the plot that the anime is a big improvement by simplifying it.They didnt want to drag out a bad idea.Just focus more on action and fanservice.At least
it's enjoyable.

Calling a manga terrible by just reading a spoilers from someone else? UQH anime fight is way better than the manga when the anime skipped 75% of the fights? UQH anime fan-service is way better than the manga when the anime showed way more and way worst than the manga actually does? UQH anime is better than the manga when the anime SKIPPED the ENTIRE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT??????

What a nice logic from someone who hate manga like you. I know you're a anime-fanboy but please act cleaver and find information or read the manga first before you attacking the manga. If the manga is really that bad, how comes the manga has be running for 4 years? Why the manga hasn't be cancelled yet? And why THIS ANIME EXIST if the manga is so bad??? Also, if the anime is really that good, then why the reception of this anime is WAY WORST than the manga sales did??? (I will post the link later) Yes the manga have some bad moment and the manga sales is even went down thanks to Akamatsu keep showing fan-services without actual plots in the past 30 chapters (I even think of stop reading too, and this fight is the only reason why I'm still reading), but it's still honestly way batter than the anime which is trying to rushing the plots to stick Negima stuffs and skipped too many important plots, characters and a character development.
Dec 16, 2017 12:28 AM
Jan 2013
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
RandomCritic said:

RandomCritic said:

Are you sure?

http://www.mangareader.net/mahou-sensei-negima/353/7
http://www.mangareader.net/mahou-sensei-negima/353/8
http://www.mangareader.net/mahou-sensei-negima/355/17

genesic123 said:
it's enjoyable.

Calling a manga terrible by just reading a spoilers from someone else? UQH anime fight is way better than the manga when the anime skipped 75% of the fights? UQH anime fan-service is way better than the manga when the anime showed way more and way worst than the manga actually does? UQH anime is better than the manga when the anime SKIPPED the ENTIRE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT??????

What a nice logic from someone who hate manga like you. I know you're a anime-fanboy but please act cleaver and find information or read the manga first before you attacking the manga. If the manga is really that bad, how comes the manga has be running for 4 years? Why the manga hasn't be cancelled yet? And why THIS ANIME EXIST if the manga is so bad??? Also, if the anime is really that good, then why the reception of this anime is WAY WORST than the manga sales did??? (I will post the link later) Yes the manga have some bad moment and the manga sales is even went down thanks to Akamatsu keep showing fan-services without actual plots in the past 30 chapters (I even think of stop reading too, and this fight is the only reason why I'm still reading), but it's still honestly way batter than the anime which is trying to rushing the plots to stick Negima stuffs and skipped too many important plots, characters and a character development.

Popularity isn't quality,and that convoluted time travel-parallel world would have made things worse .So much weird stuff is happening that I can't take a long verison of it seriously.Character development doesn't mean much series like this.Touta is clearly more important than the rest.What has been cut is still for the most part unnecessary .
They animators did not want to take the risk for animating it all.

Dec 16, 2017 4:48 AM

Jul 2016
genesic123 said:
So much weird stuff is happening that I can't take a long verison of it seriously.

Care to share your problems about this franchise?

genesic123 said:
Character development doesn't mean much series like this.

It's me or does you claim this franchise like Detective Conan franchise where the main plots is unimportant most of the time? And why character development don't mean much in a Shounen action series?

genesic123 said:
Touta is clearly more important than the rest.

Obviously but that doesn't mean the other character don't need a development too, in the manga we did see how Kirie, Kuromaru, Shinobu, Eva, and Karin developed to their characters, thought most of them are the feeling more than the character (I did said Kirie get the most even more than Touta did). In the anime, however, the only character that get development is Kuromaru and Shinobu but it wasn't that much and it development is nearly zero at this point. Touta's character is also nearly zero in the anime, way less than Shinobu does when he is the main protagonist of this anime.

genesic123 said:
What has been cut is still for the most part unnecessary.

Except there's still have some moments that is actually necessary, like how the girls like/love Touta (At least for Eva and Kirie), Eva's past story and the whole training section.

genesic123 said:
They animators did not want to take the risk for animating it all.

Lol this statement is proved how bad the anime is, yeah the animation in this anime is completely laughable compared to other anime and the animators didn't even try, not to mention about the low-budgets in this anime (I was think if JC were save the budgets for Index III and OPM Season 2). Hell, even the worst animation (And art) in Dragon Ball Super is still way better than most of UQH anime episodes.
Dec 16, 2017 7:17 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting as an episode, I almost got the desire even more, to finish this season and start the anime series of Negina ?!
Dec 16, 2017 6:47 PM

May 2017
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Magia ehrebeah, didn't I already admitted to you that I made a mistake by putting UQ Holder's timeline in chao's timeline? why do you keep pestering me about it?
You won that argument, and I let you know. Aren't you satisfied?
I'll repeat it one more time:
Sorry i said that UQ Holder takes place in the chao timeline I made a mistake because its been so long. In reality UQ holder's timeline takes place in the timeline of the 100 years Asuna sleeps.
There, I event bolded it for you. Happy now? I will not repeat it a third time.

Answer me this... if UQ Holder's timeline takes place in Negima's ending timeline. Where is Asuna? Where is the second Evangeline? Where is Touta in the chachazero flashback?
UQ Holder takes place when asuna sleeps, but gets remade when chao split the timeline again while bringing asuna back in time.
Then touta mess the timeline some more when HE went back in time.
UQ Holder screwed Negima's ending even more.

In conclusion, Akamatsu pulled a Dragon Ball with negima.

PS, going to re-read the negima ending one more time.
And by the way, the end to Negima starts since chapter 350.

---
@genesic123
The reason why animators changes things or abridge them is because of budget problems and/or bringing an alternate story. Or since most manga storyline arent finish they have to come up with someone to finish the anime adaptation.
UQ holders falls into budget problems, else it would had taken 24 episodes like the Original Negima anime adaptation did, (not to mention that UQ holders is not finished).
--
ThatRandomDudeDec 16, 2017 7:29 PM
Dec 16, 2017 7:30 PM

May 2017

@MahiaErebeaNegi

sorry for the double post, but here is my sumarize after re-reading the end.
From chapter 350's 5 month time skip forward.

I admit defeat. Like I said. So you dont have to keep pursuing.
Still, UQ Holder still takes place in a forgotten timeline that I will not back down. There timeline of the 130 years asuna slept. More that Mizore and the twins that look like setsuna and konoka also shows up in here.

@Ronin-errante
I swear upon my life, that I did see Chao show the Negima girls her family tree album and said that the pages turn blank and that the spot as Negi's wife was still open.
Maybe it was not in the ending like I thought, but its been like what? 5 years since negima ended more or less? Its 355 chapters whole so Imma no going to start looking WHERE she did it.
ThatRandomDudeDec 16, 2017 7:36 PM
Dec 17, 2017 12:13 AM

Jul 2016
@RandomCritic I'm just posting the pages to correct some of the misinformation that you post though, I didn't meant to against you. (Except with the one you said Chao never become a hero in her own timeline at the end of Negima) Why are you so sensitive at my post? If my post really sound like I was against you then I'm sorry.

RandomCritic said:
I just realised something... Mizore and the twins appeared here!

Except that girl may be not Mizore as her hairstyle are different than Mizore, you're right about the twins tho.

RandomCritic said:
How ever, what this says in this version (which is different from the one I originally read, maybe it was remade for UQ holders) is that the split created alternate timelines pulling a dragon ball time-split.

More like the one you read may have a lot of mistranslation, as my main language translation of the last couple of Negima chapters also never mention anything like Chao's timeline erased.

RandomCritic said:
Answer me this... if UQ Holder's timeline takes place in Negima's ending timeline. Where is Asuna? Where is the second Evangeline? Where is Touta in the chachazero flashback?

I never said UQH is take place on Happy End timeline, if that's the case then which timeline is the UQH Chapter 136-140 showed? I'm pretty sure Asuna and Future Eva are from the second timeline/Bad End timeline. UQH does have a plot hole though, like Asuna can't remember she fought MotB to helps Touta when UQH timeline take place at the Bad End timeline, and the twins' ages in both Negima and UQH.
MahiaErebeaNegiDec 17, 2017 12:33 AM
Dec 17, 2017 12:31 PM

May 2017
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

RandomCritic said:
I just realised something... Mizore and the twins appeared here!

Except that girl may be not Mizore as her hairstyle are different than Mizore, you're right about the twins tho.

You know I was going to stop and let it go, until you wrote that.
I am going to stop you right there.

Regarding you thinking about me getting offended regarding you trying to correct me.
Dont worry about it. We were on a debate, with a case whether I was right or not.
I had doubts my self and went to make sure once more to seek the truth.
Ended that you were right and I stood corrected.
The end.
No hard feelings.
Dec 17, 2017 11:23 PM

Jul 2016
RandomCritic said:

That's why I said "MAY BE" in my previous post (Do you even noticed that words?), because like you said that girl's name was never mentioned at the end of the Negima manga so we can't sure that she is Mizore (We don't even know if both that girl and Mizore is the same person other than a similar appearance when they put their hair down, only Akamatsu himself know about this). She may be Mizore but she may not, due to her ages, hairstyles, and personality are different than in UQH does, thought I can seen these as a retcon as Akamatsu didn't even think about the sequel yet (But this is still hard to me to view that girl as Mizore).

Well you can choose just to ignored my post if you don't want to continue this, and I agree we have to stop it as we completely gone off-topic in a UQH anime episodes topic.
MahiaErebeaNegiDec 17, 2017 11:26 PM
Dec 18, 2017 6:18 AM

May 2017
@MahiaErebeaNegi
All I am saying is that you can not say a character is not what could be because of a hairstyle. Because character designs change, specially as they mature.
If we go by that then the twins with her can not be the konoe twins either since they also dont have the same hair style as UQ holder.
That train of thought is ilogic.
also, the page on negima show them Briefly so there is no character behavior show, and they are younger there.
Also when said about 'let the topic go' i Meant that after your last post our debate was over since you were right and I was not going to keep pursuing it because I was wrong in the end.
So please, lets just let it go.
------
Now in general:
On another note, I just realise something after watching clips of ep 11 in youtube.
Asuna's duo chromia of the eyes' colors are the exact same as the first anime adaptation of Negima, than in the manga or th alternate adaptation. (Manga's being the canon one).
So does this mean UQ holder is adaptation from the first anime?
In the first original anime asuna's eyes were green (right) and blue(left)... in chapter 11 they show them as well as green and blue.
Dec 23, 2017 5:45 AM

Sep 2012
if Touta is part of Asuna & Part Negi that would make Touta more like their love child not clone & not grandson (what logic is that grandson part) lol

also Eva's love story & Negis background story is wrong & the school is wrong, 1000master sealed Eva's power & it made her small & her true form was that adult form but she says that the girl part is her true form its like they forgot the story in Prequel, so UQ is not Sequel UQ is ALT Sequel what doesn't exist yet so they need to make real Prequel to UQ & tag UQ as ALT not Sequel, anime itself is good but i have that issue with it that if story's don't match it cant be called Sequel
Sugram22Dec 23, 2017 5:54 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2017

36 by MyAnimeList94 »»
Jun 23, 2023 4:11 PM

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2017

80 by Maknae19 »»
Jun 5, 2023 12:21 PM

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2017

67 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Apr 11, 2023 4:33 PM

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2017

49 by DiegoSxnpai »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:52 AM

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2017

43 by dontknow14 »»
Sep 7, 2022 9:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.