Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 9, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's about time Karna made his point clear in this war.

Atalanta completely went berserk in order to try and kill Ruler. Holy shit.
Karna is also pretty impressive in terms of using his abilities. What a badass.

Karna proving to the world how powerful he is and telling his story. I almost felt bad for Atalanta this episode. GG
Stark700Dec 9, 2017 8:25 AM
Dec 9, 2017 7:50 AM

Jul 2014
I am NOT a fan of the animation they pulled this ep, felt like I was watching something COMPLETELY different, gave me the same vibes when I was watching the infamous Naruto V Pain.
Well.. a lot of them died this episode, couldnt really enjoy it nor focus so much because of the weird animation turn.
Dec 9, 2017 8:05 AM

Apr 2010
Wow they were really on a low budget in this episode it was difficult to watch all that different art style and poor cgi
Dec 9, 2017 8:32 AM
Aug 2017
Tekakurika said:
Wow they were really on a low budget in this episode it was difficult to watch all that different art style and poor cgi

Low budget? It's the complete opposite. The amount of freelance animators hired for this episode is insane
Dec 9, 2017 8:36 AM

Apr 2014
Holy shit this might have been the best looking and the animated fight scene in the Fate franchise. The webgens this episode went the extra mile to make everything fluid and dynamic. I dont even care about the story at this point. Each week I get a treat but this week was on another level. They can end this show here and I will be satisfied.

God damn look at this monster list of animators.

Dec 9, 2017 8:39 AM

Apr 2015
Well if anything this episode will show how little some people understand about animation.
I already see the complaints about character going off model ( which is essential for fluent animation with great cinematography to work ) in stead of staying perfectly on model with merely mouth flaps and very limited movement.

They pulled all stops this episode and it was a blast, a visual treat.
FappaDec 9, 2017 8:43 AM
Dec 9, 2017 8:41 AM

Sep 2015
Tekakurika said:

I don't think you know what low budget really means in an anime. Animation in this episode may look 'bad' or 'weirdly deformed' to most, but trust me its definately NOT low budget. Lets call it a unique animation style instead by A-1 pictures.
valvravetruthDec 9, 2017 10:24 AM
Dec 9, 2017 8:43 AM
Jan 2017
i hate that archer of the red shes so dumb why shes so mad at her she even killed that girl what was it again assassin of the black,why she's not killing herself
Dec 9, 2017 8:54 AM
Mar 2014
The animation was so different. Dont know why the switch but it looked terrible, like, really bad. Im not even going to bother posting still shots to prove it. Just pause the episode every now and then and its very obvious. What a let down for an episode thats very action packed. I hope they don't do this to the next two episodes
Dec 9, 2017 8:57 AM
Dec 2017
The animation reminded me of Kill La Kill.

GARchilles Managed to showcase all of his Noble Phantasms:

Dromeus Cometes: his legend being the fastest hero in all eras

Andres Amarantos: Immortality

Troias Tragoidia: Immortal Chariot

Diatrekon Aster Logche/Duel Field:Spear that deals unhealable damage. Projects bounded field he used on Hektor so he would stop running

And the last one
Dec 9, 2017 9:14 AM

Feb 2016
moodie said:
Holy shit this might have been the best looking and the animated fight scene in the Fate franchise. The webgens this episode went the extra mile to make everything fluid and dynamic. I dont even care about the story at this point. Each week I get a treat but this week was on another level. They can end this show here and I will be satisfied.

God damn look at this monster list of animators.

I haven't seen it yet but seeing Baji JD's name there, among others, has me hyped.
Dec 9, 2017 9:33 AM
Jul 2017
Very good episode . I really Liked the animation , but looked strange for me ( give me some Trigger vibes )
Dec 9, 2017 9:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was a surprise, i didn´t wait this evolve!!!!
Dec 9, 2017 9:45 AM
Jan 2016
Holy shit
I can't understand people saying it was terrible. In terms of pure animation, it might be one of the best episode the industry granted us this year

My kokoro couldn't handle such epicness
Dec 9, 2017 10:32 AM

Feb 2016
Wow that was simply amazing. Obviously reading some of the comments this style wasn't for everyone. Personally I'm over the moon to see an episode with such a talented line up go all out. I had a Food Wars like eye-gasm watching this.
Dec 9, 2017 10:34 AM

Mar 2014
Oh damn the animation and art style change was weird.... In a positive way.

I don't understand why some call it terrible. Okay, it is different from what we had seen before but if we look at it in an objective way, it is one great animation.

Btw, this Karna vs Sieg fight should be crowned best fight of the year. I have seen many of these but only a few could surpass this one.
Dec 9, 2017 10:59 AM

Nov 2012
I'm sure the recent collaboration between A-1 and Trigger has something to do with this. These recent episodes started to feel more like a Trigger anime...

God Damnit! If only Trigger started to do this series instead of A-1...
Dec 9, 2017 11:04 AM

Feb 2015
They never really bothered showing why Sieg was able to spam Balmung with that frequency because it is not possible normally.

Oh well.Karna stood out in every frame he appeared and he went out with a bang.See you in Extra anime (hopefully).
Dec 9, 2017 11:16 AM
Aug 2014
Well, seeing Karna like that, I can only hope to see an Extra CCC adaptation with a fucking badass Nameless vs Karna !!!
Animation was insane this week anyways :O !!
Dec 9, 2017 11:55 AM

Aug 2014
Tekakurika said:

The hell? That was the highest quality animation F/A has had yet
Dec 9, 2017 12:40 PM

Feb 2015
Insertanamehere said:
Tekakurika said:

The hell? That was the highest quality animation F/A has had yet

Arguably one of the best Fate fights till date.Just look at the freaking number of animators.
Dec 9, 2017 12:46 PM
Oct 2017
Great episode with an insane animation
Dec 9, 2017 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
Tekakurika said:

This is someone who doesn't understand what good animation is =/
Dec 9, 2017 1:32 PM
Aug 2014
All this people who worked on this episode, are they from A1 or from others studios?
Dec 9, 2017 1:41 PM

Apr 2014
Onepieceuc1 said:
All this people who worked on this episode, are they from A1 or from others studios?
mostly freelancers
Dec 9, 2017 2:08 PM
Aug 2014
Oh I see thank you :)
Dec 9, 2017 3:00 PM

Apr 2016
Sh*t what happen with the animation -_______-

Comparing this episode with the first cour, the animation gone very bad.
Okay I am here just for the story and the servant btw
Dec 9, 2017 3:28 PM

Oct 2015
And once again people don't appreciate good animation because of derp faces between the frames

*sigh*
Dec 9, 2017 3:38 PM

Sep 2007
Wow look at all these god damn animators clearly that means it looks AMAZING. Oh wait no it didn't this episode was a TRAINWRECK. The animation style changes every two seconds and so does the camera angle making the fights completely incomprehensible. The INSANE amount of bloom effects and impact flashes that fill every scene hurts my eyes so much. I really don't understand the praise this is getting, did you actually see the episode?

Sure some cuts might be ok but god I hated the overall package, well drawn cuts and lots of animators with a ton of frames doesn't add up to anything if the end result is a bloody incomprehensible mess that caused me physical pain to witness.
Dec 9, 2017 3:41 PM

Feb 2015
The animation reminded me of Trigger's works and the Digimon Movie.
Three servants died this week. The only ones left on Shirou's side are Semiramis and Shakespeare, who apparently is going to do something to Ruler.
The Sieg vs Karna left me a bit confused on what was going on, I need to rewatch that thing.

Does someone noticed some abrupt cuts between scenes?
Dec 9, 2017 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
Just watched the episode myself and Lmao, I actually think this is by far the best animated episode from the entire animated series, if not the entire year. You know something gets attention when even Yutapon and Kameda out of all people are praising this.

Of course, you can kind of argue that its a change of style, but that can be also argued as a directing approach for how they want to use the animation for it. Character changes designs were kind of needed for this, of course. It's not a bad thing to do this, it would be bad if they do it to where it would look completely inconsistent *cough* Dynamic Chord *cough*. Just saying.

And this is how it should be done, changes are needed for this in the end, which is actually a good thing. This is is how you are supposed to do it.

Overall this episode was fucking awesome, when it comes to the sakuga animation as well as the entire build up tension which was amazing as hell. The series is underwhelming (kinda), but I have to give major props by a loong shot on this one for sure.
Dec 9, 2017 4:10 PM

Jul 2013
EtoileSosso said:
Oh damn the animation and art style change was weird.... In a positive way.

Mob Psycho Karna. Lmao.

Anyway, three dead Servants in a row. I saw the deaths of Atalanta and Achilles coming, but I didn't expected Karna to bite the dust that "soon" after all the hype he recived. Cannot say I totally disliked it, considering he has his wish more or less fullfiled, and he went like a true man after giving his best. I can say I ended liking him at the end. Achiles also went like the GAR he was, finishing Atalanta and putting her out her misery. Best boy from the whole Apocrypha, tbh.

The fights were really enjoyable and the art shifts (like the aforementioned ONE Karna above) only made things look wackier and funnier. Tbh, it ended better of what I expected.

Also, Achilles's shield NP had to be OP as hell to tank Vasavi Shakti of all things, lol, good thing Chiron nerfed him last episode, otherwise the Black Faction would have been fucked.
Dec 9, 2017 5:02 PM

Apr 2014
Lmao so many dumb people calling this badly animated. This episode was by far THE best animated episode of 2017.
Dec 9, 2017 5:20 PM
Jun 2014
Holy shit, the fighting scenes were awesome, they really throw in a lot of money here. Hope they can keep it up until the season finale.
By the way, Aquiles pulled a Cu Chulain. Died like a fucking badass.
Dec 9, 2017 9:17 PM
Dec 2017
Well talking about how Karna have died , it seems that by so far in Fate series , Karna is the only Lancer/Servants that have the most Honourable dead in Fate series (more honourable than Iskandar and Chuculain)

Some reasons why Karna is :
1.Die with Honor
2.Die standing while not kneeling or lying
3.Die after his master has been rescued
4.Die with no regret
5.Die after fulfilling his Master's order
6.Getting compliment by his enemy before dying
7.Respected by his enemy before dying
8.Enjoy his last battle to its fullest before dying
FireIgniter24Dec 9, 2017 9:24 PM
Dec 9, 2017 9:38 PM

Apr 2014
These comments about how the animation is bad or that any time animation is remotely stylized it's labeled as "looking like Trigger" really sucks to see, lol. Webgen animators does not automatically mean Trigger, people.
By far the best looking stuff of the series, the entire episode was just one giant sakuga-fest
Dec 9, 2017 9:40 PM
Jul 2018
Hongu said:
These comments about how the animation is bad or that any time animation is remotely stylized it's labeled as "looking like Trigger" really sucks to see, lol. Webgen animators does not automatically mean Trigger, people.
By far the best looking stuff of the series, the entire episode was just one giant sakuga-fest

I do get where the Trigger comparison kind of came from, but I do agree that it isn't really looking like it legit. But I do get the comparison.

And I agree entirely on this statement. This sakuga-fest was like on a whole other level which is awesome.
Dec 9, 2017 10:26 PM

Mar 2015
Illyricus said:

Also, Achilles's shield NP had to be OP as hell to tank Vasavi Shakti of all things, lol, good thing Chiron nerfed him last episode, otherwise the Black Faction would have been fucked.

It didn't tank it.It got destroyed which it shouldn't since it can rank up to Anti-world but it did the job of protecting Sieg so thats a win.In fact,in the novel,the hand in which Astolfo was holding the shield, got blown off due to the sheer amount of raw power VS holds.

Anyways,one of the best,if not arguably the best Fate fight till date.So many animators going ham makes for a visual treat.Someone in Apo animation board really likes Karna thats for sure.
Dec 9, 2017 10:35 PM

Apr 2014
The episode was good. But the animation was possibly something that I am not used to or so. Unless it was put that way. I guess I was not too happy about it. XP
alphazero4umDec 9, 2017 10:46 PM
Dec 9, 2017 11:46 PM

Aug 2012
This show has the music and the hype but the animation... its so bad. I was looking foreword to Karna vs Sieg rematch. Thought it would be good considering they spent two weeks on recap episodes...
Dec 10, 2017 12:05 AM
Aug 2017
Necromia said:
This show has the music and the hype but the animation... its so bad. I was looking foreword to Karna vs Sieg rematch. Thought it would be good considering they spent two weeks on recap episodes...

Another one. Unbelievable. I can't even tell if they are trolling or not, calling (probably) the best animated episode of 2017 "bad animation".
Dec 10, 2017 12:16 AM

Apr 2016
I was waiting for these final duels to be adapted.

and

JESUS HOLY CHRIST! THIS WAS SOMETHING! BIG DICK EXPLOSIONS, CHAKRA EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE GARNESS EVERYWHERE, I had boner during every second of this episode.

Great to see Karna in full force, you made Arjuna proud man, also Atalante and Achileas thats right there! this shit is why i consider them top servants of Apo adaptation, and also best ship... He even give Astolfo his shield ... HIS SHIELD FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Next week we Ruler finally will see that Shakespeare, is not just a writer...

Animestic said:
In fact,in the novel,the hand in which Astolfo was holding the shield, got blown off due to the sheer amount of raw power VS holds.

Wasn't the hand blown off here as well ? i feel like they intentionally does not show his arm on screen as if it was intended.
Dec 10, 2017 1:04 AM
Dec 2016
That animation. I'm in love. I had counted this series down as one of the meh, kinda just there ones this year but wow. That blew my mind. Glad i stuck with it just for astolfo cuz i got way more than i planned on getting
Dec 10, 2017 1:22 AM

Aug 2012
Altezein said:
Necromia said:

Another one. Unbelievable. I can't even tell if they are trolling or not, calling (probably) the best animated episode of 2017 "bad animation".

Yes, calling out a show for having string cheese characters and derpy faces during fight scenes is definitely trolling.
Dec 10, 2017 1:29 AM

Apr 2016
I really liked the animation they used for this episode. It made the fight scenes more fluid and badass
I love how Karna used his eyes to shoot lasers lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2017 1:30 AM

Dec 2013
Some crazy animation in this episode. It definitely wasn’t bad but I still have some mixed feelings about it.

The fights were still great. I’m actually sadder to see those three die than I expected to be.
Dec 10, 2017 2:13 AM
Feb 2017
My favourite episode till now.
I personally am impressed by the animation and I loved it. While the art style did suffer a bit, the fights themselves were pure eye candy and just a blast to watch.
3 servants dying. That was nuts. Karna going out like a boss while Atalanta and Achilles with the emotional farewell was sad but also really nice to watch. I especially loved the scene where Achilles was disappearing with the Ending song in the background.
And oh my god. Agrius Metamorphosis so epically made. I had my concerns about it when I saw it in the manga, but oh my god, well done on this one. It was scary and epic as the manga version, if not even better.
Also, Shakespeare hype. He is gonna go ham on Jeanne.
Dec 10, 2017 3:17 AM
Nov 2017
I won't say it is bad animation. But i have difficulty to see what is really happening.
Dec 10, 2017 3:22 AM
Nov 2017
For ANYONE who said this ANIMATION is getting WORST should LEARN HOW TO ANIMATE...
This episode is TOP NOTCH of all this series...
If you think this Episode Quality DONE FOR... YOU'RE WRONG...
There's something Missing Part/Angle that too close on this Episode...
That's makes me think they'll fix/add them on BD Version, just like BNHA All Might vs Nomu...
They add a couple angle and animation in BD version...
Seriously... I know that is your opinion... But you call this Episode Worst on animation ?? Damn.. Son...
Dec 10, 2017 3:27 AM

Sep 2016
Karna vs Sieg is the best fight i have seen this year.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.