Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 12, 2013 4:50 PM

Jan 2013
What an incredible episode! The scene when the wolves begin surrounding the group and the BGM picking up built such real tension. I was tightening up while watching it.

Holo making the wolf in the rear of the group back off was so cool lol..honestly can't think of another word to use. Lawrence was obviously broken about leaving her behind but knew he had no choice.

Guess the company really did plan to betray them from the start. The emotion when Lawrence was being tied up/left for dead was so strong. I felt heartbroken when he cried; he basically knows it's his fault that he's in that situation and got Holo and Nora involved.

I'll mention this again, it's the simplicity and slow pacing of this show that really bring out strong dialogue and emotion.

Also, when they were camped out the first night, I didn't realize how hard I was smiling when Holo put her head on Lawrence's lap until the camera panned back from Nora to him about to touch her :)
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 14, 2013 4:08 AM

Apr 2013
It was a good episode indeed. Cant wait to see what happened.
And the big wolf looks bad ass. Too bad the next episode is the last one in this season.
Nov 16, 2013 2:56 AM

Jul 2013
Awesome episode but all this deciet is so confusing.
It was cool to see Horo showing her power.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jan 5, 2014 8:39 PM

Aug 2013
Holo rocked in that episode. I liked how she was arrogant against that other deity.

But in the end, Lawrence betrayed again and they guard the shepherd as an hostage. I wonder why they didn't kill her. He must fell guilt to have putted her in a mess like that.

Now he have two thing left to do : recover his due and save Nora.

Oh, and I hope that Liebert get eaten by wolves, that fucker >=(
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 26, 2014 3:28 AM

Aug 2012
Too bad Holo didn't explain what happened between her and that big-ass wolf.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Feb 27, 2014 6:40 AM

Nov 2011
Choroshi said:
Too bad Holo didn't explain what happened between her and that big-ass wolf.

She got on her knees and begged him to let Lawrence escape. It wounded her pride as a wolf and that's why she didn't want to talk about it.
Jun 4, 2014 10:28 PM

Jul 2013
Operation snuggling gold commencing. The intensity is heating up, such as the wolfs are attacking the group, and have to part ways with Holo once again. So he was betrayed by his company, such a-holes tbh. And it continues to the final episode, wonder how it wrap things up in the last episode.

Jun 12, 2014 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
shitjustgotreal.jpeg

Great episode, don't have much else to say other than what has already been said in this thread, so...
Oct 14, 2014 8:26 AM

Oct 2013
Holy wow, this episode was BRILLIANT. Everything about it was amazing. This series just may earn an 8 from me yet.

The worst part is that this series pushes its boundaries enough that Lawrence might not actually be able to save Nora. ;____;

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 19, 2014 10:07 PM

Nov 2011
Not much to say; Liebert Trading's betrayal isn't all that surprising. I'm glad they decided against killing Lawrence, though.

I hope Nora stays safe. The rumors may play in her favor this time.

Good episode.
Nov 27, 2014 7:22 PM

Sep 2014
Arguably the best EP in this season.. Loving all the developments~

TBH, I saw the betrayal coming.. Double-crossing someone while doing this kind if business isn't new to me.. Really interested on how they get out of this mess..

Oh and Holo was pretty awesome too~ Well she's awesome always but more awesome in this EP haha!

1 EP to go! I'm definitely enjoying this one.. I hope the ending would be great..
Feb 6, 2015 4:27 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
So much for "merchants honour". Most of the guys they've deal with have been total scoundrels. I look forward to seeing the faces of those at Liebert when Lawrence and Holo show up.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 13, 2015 5:32 PM

Mar 2012
Seems Holo isn't the only wolf deity running around the block, though this one seems to be just a big wolf compared to the cunning and wise Holo.

Aaannnnnnddd Lawrence gets screwed over again : /
May 2, 2015 1:02 PM
Nov 2014
Great episode, damn those traitors bitches at the end though.
May 7, 2015 3:04 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, was not expecting to see another giant wolf like Holo walking around. I love how confident she is even when shes surrounded by that wolf and its entire pack. Guess we'll probably have an epic fight next ep, hopefully Holo kicks some butt.

Poor Lawrence though, he really just can't catch a break from all these greedy bastards :/. I wonder if hes gonna be able to save Nora or not, I honestly can't even see how that will be possible in his current situation @_@.

I can't wait to watch the finale and see how this all wraps up.
Dec 19, 2015 5:11 PM

Aug 2014
Very good episode
Jan 3, 2016 4:43 PM
Jan 2016
Lawrence got the worst luck ever!!
Sep 8, 2016 2:00 AM

Oct 2012
Went bankrupt, betrayed, left for dead
Not like this :(
"Signature removed"
Sep 25, 2017 1:26 AM

Sep 2016
mann watching this anime made me realize how cruel this world really is even at his lowest point when you practically have nothing dumb asses still try to challenge and betray you cant put you faith in practically no one nowadays you only stay with a select few
Facta Non Verba
Dec 6, 2017 6:49 AM

May 2015
Yeah sure, whatever. 1 episode left.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 22, 2017 1:57 PM
Apr 2014
haha omg those guys are so fucked xD should have killed him when they had the chance. Although hat would have just brought Holo's wrath upon them. Fucked either way.

Just hope the dog survives. Was scared the whole episode >.> And it doesn't like like Nora and Enek are safe just yet.

Feb 9, 2019 1:46 PM

Nov 2016
So much betrayal in this series.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 1, 2019 10:48 AM

Apr 2013
How Lawrence still trusts people after all he's been through is beyond me. Those three guys clearly were not his friends.
Dec 4, 2019 1:14 PM
Apr 2016
Holo is so cute and cool, she's just too awesome. What a terrible situation though, another betrayal.
Aug 26, 2020 6:20 AM

Apr 2020
So much to say, now where do I begin...

First of all, that's a lotta wolves. Also, what's the deal with another giant wolf? Another deity-like being akin to Holo? If so, are we having a Mordred-Arthur type of situation here? I'd be cool I guess.

Also, THAT IS NOT HOW MAFIA WORKS!!! I'm not sure if it's Lawrence's fault for trusting people who look suspicious(since they do look suspicious no matter how you look at it). I still don't grasp what exactly happened, and if Lawrence was truly betrayed or not, but the whole situation is grim indeed.

Now I want to see Holo leading a whole forest share of wolves into the town to maul all those people in the trading company. Carrying Lawrence in her jaws of course, as she promised.
[right]=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
Oct 4, 2020 1:28 AM

Jun 2020
poor lawrence, him crying at the end - i felt his desperation & frustration :( from feeling relief & then everything goes to shit once again.....

yet another great episode, who said spice and wolf was boring? quite the contrary.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 23, 2021 2:01 PM

Jul 2017
Really good episode with some intense shit going down with Holo against her fellow wolves, disrespecting their elder like that lol. Plus, shocker, another betrayal lol. People be selling out and targeting their companions to protect their own backsides and take all the profits, not too surprised since businesses always think for themselves and one man trying to take them down seems profitable for them in their heads. Survival of the fittest indeed, but it's exciting to see how Lawrence and Holo even will respond to their betrayal and outwit them once and for all, and not see red anymore.
Apr 13, 2022 8:23 AM

Sep 2014
You do have to wonder how Lawrence managed to survive by himself considering how reckless he behaves, this isnt the first time he has to rely on someone else with nothing in reserve and also not not the first time he just tells a shady company his entire plan. Honestly I expected this to happen back with the coins already, after telling someone all the details he has no longer any value and might get disposed off.

Holo will be fine but I worry about Nora
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 7, 2023 10:59 PM

Jul 2019
To the surprise of noone the merchant turned out to be untrustworthy. I wish they get their comeuppance.

Holo being awesome is how things should be.
Jul 21, 2023 4:19 PM

Mar 2022
God damn we are so close to the finale, so close to the finale. God Lawrence really does get his fair share of betrayals doesn’t he? Somehow I knew his partners accompanying him outside of Norah who seems to be the only innocent party here, it seemed their alliance with him seemed too good to be true and considering how things I’ve turned out for him I can’t say I’m surprised, yeah you really can’t catch a break can you Lawrence? Glad they didn’t go along with killing him though.
But man Holo was awesome as always especially when he yells at the wolf to back off was pretty cool. God it’s making me want to see the finale even more. Such a great show.
Sep 12, 2023 6:23 PM

Dec 2022
That large wolf looks twice as big as Holo's wolf form. It's the size of an elephant, even. I wonder where the avenue to victory for Holo is there.

Liebert took all of two seconds to betray Lawrence. That's a new record.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 10, 2023 2:29 PM

Oct 2018
Cant help but feel that this part had skipped quite a bit of the source material, It was a bit confusing at the beginning of the ep although things keep going awry for Lawrence, But whos to say i wouldn't have done the exact same had i been in Mr.Liberts position, intrigued to see how Lawrence is gonna handle this, also exicted to watch holo kick some a$$
Oct 30, 2023 2:22 AM

Oct 2020
They briefly mentioned it in the last episode, but was the Remelio trading company just facing financial hardship or was there more to it? Holo mentioned hearing people try to escape last time and then again in this episode she said "The Remelio burden," so I wasn't sure if there was something deeper going on

Also, I usually don't pick up on these things but hearing Professor Stein's English VA in this episode threw me for a loop, haha
Mar 30, 9:12 PM

Jul 2023
I love how Norah and Holo are dealing with the wolves, but the NPCs here are annoying.

First, they didn't help Lawrence deal with his debts. Now these scumbags appeared out of nowhere then betrayed Lawrence.

I'm sure they'll overcome this next episode, and I hope Norah find happiness.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

154 by 0451 »»
Today, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 2, 2008

134 by 0451 »»
Yesterday, 10:55 AM

» DVD-Only Episode and Episode Count

Vince - Mar 25, 2008

28 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 11, 6:22 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

33 by animejas »»
May 7, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Feb 14, 2008

189 by 0451 »»
May 6, 10:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.