Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 18, 2008 4:28 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lots of action and I have never seen Horo's eyes look quite like this:
LunaNov 13, 2012 4:30 AM

Mar 19, 2008 10:13 PM

Jul 2007
Wow this episode rocked, can't wait for the next ep!

That "eye-scene" you took the screencap of, I watched that at least 5 times. There were a lot of other screenshot worthy scenes too tho:
Mar 19, 2008 10:16 PM

Jan 2008
Looks like they are going to leave this one open for a second season, which makes me happy. More Horo is always a good thing.

Mar 19, 2008 10:22 PM

Jul 2007
Yup, certainly.. this is one of the rare occasions where I wouldn't mind an open ending and another season "some day in the future". I wouldn't label it as that just yet tho!
Mar 19, 2008 10:49 PM

Jan 2007
holy shit, that look and her yell telling the wolf to stand down sent shivers down my spine. It was awesome.
Mar 19, 2008 10:52 PM

Nov 2007
Epic Horo is epic.
Mar 19, 2008 11:09 PM

Oct 2007
Hero really is win. I'm sure they'll have a season 2, though. I DEMAND it!
Mar 19, 2008 11:19 PM

Oct 2007
Its rare for me to like a "cutesy" anime, but I really like this one. We're left hanging on til next episode to figure out what will happen to Horo as well as what will happen to Lawrence and the shepherd girl!
Mar 19, 2008 11:59 PM

Aug 2007
I really hope for a season 2 since it looks like the ending will be open. Great action in this ep
Mar 20, 2008 12:10 AM

Nov 2007
Horo was so great. i enjoyed the action in this episode too! poor Lawrence ;_;
Mar 20, 2008 12:40 AM

Aug 2007
lifeordeath2 said:
Its rare for me to like a "cutesy" anime, but I really like this one.

Cutesy? ... Cutesy?... no, just not seeing it. I could understand awesome, moe (Horo's moe enough for the anime to be described as such ;D), brilliant or any other similar adjectives, but i fail to see how this anime could be desribed as cutesy. Lawrence has been close to dying what, three times already, and this is a cutesy anime? /end rant

That scene where Horo told the wolf to stand down, just wow, those eyes were amazing
Mar 20, 2008 12:44 AM

Jan 2008
Faust and Asako basically said everything I felt. I watched that scene several times with the sound cranked all the way up. I love her. And like Raze said, those eyes, man, those EYES are killer. I don't just mean in the violent sense.
Mar 20, 2008 1:14 AM

Oct 2007
Lawrence got screwed over, sucks for him.

Mar 20, 2008 1:31 AM

Feb 2008
This episode was so good! Lawrence is really screwed up now. Hurry up and save him, Horo =P
Man, I really hope we get a second season this year.
Mar 20, 2008 4:52 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Horo is awesome! Killer eyes indeed, gotta love her.

Episode was great, I didn't expect something like this. really looking forward to the final episode, I wish there was a second season.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 20, 2008 6:43 AM

Aug 2007
Great episode!
Mar 20, 2008 9:00 AM

Oct 2007
Extremely good episode, there is very few things they could have done to improve it. If the last episode is this good this anime wil get the extremely rare 9/10 rating from me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2008 9:20 AM

Jul 2007
wow i knew it'll end with a cliffhanger as always but man..they sure picked a wrong time for the ep to end T_T i really want to know what happens to horo and nora

plus those two guys looked like a couple of wusses when the wolves were about to attack them the first time lol. they had to be protected by two girls. wusses
Mar 20, 2008 10:45 AM

May 2007
=l Lawrence got the shorter end of the stick again. I'm sure there might be enough material for a second season of 13 episodes.
Mar 20, 2008 11:39 AM
Dec 2007
Kenn said:
=l Lawrence got the shorter end of the stick again. I'm sure there might be enough material for a second season of 13 episodes.
Considering the next episode is titled "Wolf and a New Journey" there's plenty of hope for a second season. Like I said in the last Ep discussion, there's plenty of Horo's background to cover. This season only dealt with Lawrence and Horo's adaptation to one another together with Lawrence's rise and fall as a merchant.

Mar 20, 2008 11:51 AM

Sep 2007
Wow, very nice episode, Horo is so awesome <3

Everything else has already been said :D

Can't wait for the last ep :/

Mar 20, 2008 12:21 PM

Jun 2007
Excellent episode, it kept me entertained the whole time. I like how Horo is calling the other wolves youngsters and the scene when she told one of the wolves to sit down was just amazing.
Looking forward for next ep and hoping for a new season.
Mar 20, 2008 12:27 PM
Dec 2007
Lawrence got screwed over again! If there's one thing that I've learned from this series, it's that unless the person is a shepherd girl or a wolf girl, humans are untrustworthy bastards.

Horo will save the day though.
Mar 20, 2008 12:49 PM

Aug 2007
corroded said:
plus those two guys looked like a couple of wusses when the wolves were about to attack them the first time lol. they had to be protected by two girls. wusses

I wouldn't be excited about wolves tearing my wobbly bits either.

I really thought Lawrence would go back though..you could see he really wanted to.
Mar 20, 2008 2:00 PM
Sep 2007
What about the list counting? There'll be episode #13 next week, and after watching it, we'll have the anime set as completed, but there wasn't episode #7 yet...

On-topic: Two words: Great episode.
Mar 20, 2008 4:17 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Jellei said:
What about the list counting? There'll be episode #13 next week, and after watching it, we'll have the anime set as completed, but there wasn't episode #7 yet...

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=14362

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 20, 2008 4:17 PM

Jan 2008
Best episode yet, by far! It was obvious that something intense was going to happen, but I didn't expect this! AS I've said before, great episode, can't wait for the next!
Mar 20, 2008 5:22 PM

Jun 2007
What an amazing episode. This was definitely my favorite. :D I'm really looking forward to the last episode now...

Go Horo!
Mar 20, 2008 6:07 PM
Nov 2007
Thousand-Eyes said:
Lawrence got screwed over again! If there's one thing that I've learned from this series, it's that unless the person is a shepherd girl or a wolf girl, humans are untrustworthy bastards.

Horo will save the day though.

How true...
I saw this coming a mile away, though (the betrayal). Given our past experiences... Grr, stupid humans...
Heh, Horo's gonna be pissed when she has to save Lawrence again :)
Mar 20, 2008 9:31 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Everyone said fantastic things! Open endings + second season + killer eyes + youngsters... but the one I didn't see was...

Horo's head in Lawrence's lap and he was going to go put his hand on her hair, and the way his eyes softened.... so nice!

Horo KICKS BUTT. When Lawrence was riding away, I could only think how bad he would feel, especially in those days, leaving everything to a 'defenseless' woman. Glad to see the women in this show are anything BUT defenseless :D It's a nice change :)

Edit: And Lawrence crying at the end was so sad :(
KinetaMar 20, 2008 9:38 PM
Mar 20, 2008 10:23 PM

Jan 2008
Kineta said:
Horo KICKS BUTT. When Lawrence was riding away, I could only think how bad he would feel, especially in those days, leaving everything to a 'defenseless' woman. Glad to see the women in this show are anything BUT defenseless :D It's a nice change :)

Edit: And Lawrence crying at the end was so sad :(

I agree with you completely. That is one of the reasons that Horo has become my favorite female character.

I do hope that Lawrence will get a great scene in the last episode where he does something for Horo and then they kiss. I just want the kiss scene in case we don't get another season, since I am a romantic after all.

The ending this episode really has me waiting for the next one, but I am sure the wait will be worth it.
Mar 21, 2008 6:07 AM

Feb 2008
good episode
Mar 21, 2008 6:47 AM

Oct 2007
Faust721 said:
holy shit, that look and her yell telling the wolf to stand down sent shivers down my spine. It was awesome.
Asako said:
Epic Horo is epic.

Also, betrayed again...
How will things end?
Mar 21, 2008 3:19 PM

May 2007
Il just quote wot my friend always says:
Greed always fuk things up
Mar 21, 2008 3:24 PM
Dec 2007
Ryushi said:
Il just quote wot my friend always says:
Greed always fuk things up
Well, last time was greed, this time was desperation.

Mar 21, 2008 6:23 PM

Nov 2007
Getting betrayed sucks. When will Lawrence finally fight back?
Mar 21, 2008 6:55 PM
Dec 2007
sd said:
Getting betrayed sucks. When will Lawrence finally fight back?
You expected him to fight three fully armed men? He tried to fight back when he learned Nora was in danger as well and all he got was a cut and a trip to the floor.

Mar 21, 2008 7:06 PM

Aug 2007
Wow now this was a great episode. I especially liked seeing Horo surrounded by all those wolves. Chilling image. And poor Lawrence, again things go wrong for him.
I really am rooting for a second season.
Mar 21, 2008 9:21 PM
Jan 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Kenn said:
Considering the next episode is titled "Wolf and a New Journey" there's plenty of hope for a second season.

Depends how you interpret it. Still, I'll be very depressed if there isn't a second season...

Great episode -- though really, the same basic plot keeps happening over and over, doesn't it?
Mar 22, 2008 8:19 AM
Dec 2007
Again, Lawrence doesn't know when to trust people and not to trust them.

Seems like the conclusion will be rushed next episode, and I feel that we'll have a very open end (due to the fact that the light novel isn"t finished in Japan). And God I HATE open ends...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 22, 2008 10:49 AM

May 2007
Jacut said:
Again, Lawrence doesn't know when to trust people and not to trust them.

Seems like the conclusion will be rushed next episode, and I feel that we'll have a very open end (due to the fact that the light novel isn"t finished in Japan). And God I HATE open ends...

Agreed...
Though lets hope for a second season that might fix that.
As we all know, companies like money, another season = more money. (Example: ZnT)
Thats almost as sure as the fact that School Rumble won't end at the 3th season.
Mar 22, 2008 6:13 PM

Feb 2008
man this guy is so unlucky... well it will give horo reason to munch on some dirty humans...
Mar 22, 2008 8:25 PM

Jan 2008
Gah, cliffhanger! So far I haven't really minded waiting for the next episodes to come out (it's been a slower-paced anime), but in this case they actually have me anxious. ><

Awesome episode. I loved the wolves. The big one is just spine-chilling to see in the forest amidst the fog. Really creepy. o.o Love it though!

And I'm also really refreshed at how this is a show where the male character is getting rescued all the time instead of the female. xD I know it's not that big of a deal, but I'm getting a bit sick of the typical 'damsel-in-distress' main characters. I like seeing the reverse. =3
Mar 23, 2008 1:27 PM

Dec 2007
/wrists for only being able to watch three days later than usual >_<'

Since everyone's already made the important comments, I'll just reaffirm the huge amount of win in this episode and my love for this anime =p

And I'm also crossing fingers for a kiss next episode ^^

Kemonomimi Shoujo, a site dedicated to beautiful nekomimis, inumimis, kitsunemimis, usagimimis and more! Check out the club, too!
Mar 23, 2008 8:15 PM

Jul 2007
I hope we get a second season. There should be more material to adapt. I can't be the only one amused by Horo referring to Lawrence as a rabbit. Very suspenseful ending. Looks like we'll have an exciting first season finale.
Mar 24, 2008 4:35 PM

Feb 2008
Hello everyone. Finally saw this episode and I loved the fast and intense story like most of you did. But I still need your help now. I would like to ask you:

What the hell happened to Lawrence and why cant he get emotional anymore?

Dont get me wrong. He shows feelings from time to time, but there are scenes where he looks just dumb. As if he would not listen to the things Horo says:

1) Horo tells Nora that she is traveling with a rabbit who would die of loneliness if she would not be around. It was absolutely obvious who she was referring to.
Lawrence reaction: Absolutely NOTHING. No anger, no annoyance, no shame to be denigrated in front of Nora, no nothing. That doesnt suit him at all. I was expecting an intelligent reply.

2) WHERE IS MY KISS?
When the two are parting, Horo tells Lawrence that she would kiss him, if he would be a good male.......I was on my feet ready to see something extraordinary!
Lawrence reaction: NOTHING but a dense smile. As if he would think something like: "I need a nap". BAKA!
He should have said something cool as a reply, grab her, and show her what an excellent male she is looking at. Seriously, Im depressed....

3) Horo jumps off the horse and tells him that she will be naked and cold when they meet again. Then she says that this would trouble him very likely, followed by the cutest "give me a hug right now"-smile I have ever seen.
Lawrence reaction: Its at 17:52. You just have to see it for yourself. How can you look so bored? Maybe he thinks "Have I left the oven on?". Apparently he did and remembers because suddenly he becomes serious and says the oh so romantic line "Let us meet again" (...next year or so. No rush!).

Maybe Im getting it all wrong, but sometimes the reaction of Lawrence seem not to fit his character from my point of view.

If you have any explanation for his reactions, please let me know. Im in my cave sobbing....

Mar 24, 2008 5:12 PM

Jul 2007
lol Lawrence is just too soft

but I felt so bad for him at the end of the episode
waa! poor lawrence! :/
Mar 24, 2008 5:27 PM

Dec 2007
FTGT said:

What the hell happened to Lawrence and why cant he get emotional anymore?

How can you say that in such an episode? =p Lawrence even cried!

Well he is quite worried about how things will turn out, after all he's practising an illegal act, with many risks involved, and that may end in a horrible fate for everyone he knows. Horo even told him to lighten up twice, last episode and on this one. He's got a lot on his mind, so that's why he's isn't acting quite like his normal self.

That would explain the first part, at least. As for the other two, Horo had just confessed that they were in deep trouble, and that the only chance they had was if Horo stalled the huge wolf. Lawrence had probably been somewhat secure about the her safety (he even mentions that they both could take the punishment, and that who'd suffer the most would be Nora), but now he was faced with the possibility that Horo might get seriously hurt. Again, that was quite a blow to his feelings, so although he was deeply wishing for her to stay alive, he couldn't just blurt out that he afraid she'd get killed or she'd feel a lot more uncomfortable, raising the risk even more. He probably made a quick decision to keep her resolution strong by supporting her with a confident "you're going to make it, and everything will end okay" face.

While he was running away, he even faltered for a second, slowing down, maybe thinking "did I do the right thing? What if she needs me, but I'm not there to support here? Could I have just made the biggest mistake in my life?". He managed to shake it off, but continued with a very uneasy feeling.

...and that's my analysis on the matter =p I'd love to hear other points of view though ^^

PS: Don't worry about the kiss, we've got episode 13 for that *-*

< Crossing every available finger and toe, in the third, fourth AND fifth dimension XD

Kemonomimi Shoujo, a site dedicated to beautiful nekomimis, inumimis, kitsunemimis, usagimimis and more! Check out the club, too!
Mar 24, 2008 5:37 PM

Jan 2008
Remind me again....when should we expect episode 13 to be subbed? xD I never really followed the release of Spice and Wolf, but now I'm actually anxious for the next episode. I know no one knows exactly when something will be subbed, but a rough estimate would be great. ^_^
Mar 27, 2008 6:16 PM

Jul 2007
Was good episode, was hoping they would conclude the series at the end of there journey.. but a 2nd season will also be good.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

154 by 0451 »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 2, 2008

134 by 0451 »»
May 13, 10:55 AM

» DVD-Only Episode and Episode Count

Vince - Mar 25, 2008

28 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 11, 6:22 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

33 by animejas »»
May 7, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Feb 14, 2008

189 by 0451 »»
May 6, 10:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.