Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 22, 2017 8:12 AM
Jan 2016
This movie its actually a prequel to the first season all the manga readers should know that so please fix the chronological order so we dont have people confused
Nov 22, 2017 8:12 AM

Apr 2016
How can it be prequel when even in manga it is after all the arcs at the end, it's just a flashback.

Fate is unnecessary complicated for newcomers enough, don't complicate it for them more.
Nov 22, 2017 10:53 AM
Jan 2016
its a flashback but tells the story of how Miyu and shirou meet in this dimension and its an arc that takes before the first season so.....
Nov 22, 2017 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
I'm pretty sure it would make sense at least from an more release sense, chronologically no. But then again I THINK the reason why the release was like that was to actually keep suspense, so if anyone watches this first, then the suspense is lost and the revelations along with it.
Nov 22, 2017 12:31 PM

Apr 2016
Ah ok so they need also create new entry for manga because that arc in manga is prequel also, yeah right. So we literally need split 3rei!! on 3rei!! and that flashback arc so that people can read it before Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya now it make perfect sense.
Nov 22, 2017 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
Swagernator said:
Ah ok so they need also create new entry for manga because that arc in manga is prequel also, yeah right. So we literally need split 3rei!! on 3rei!! and that flashback arc so that people can read it before Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya now it make perfect sense.

My brain hurts just now Lmfao xD God damn it.
Nov 23, 2017 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
Why on earth would you make someone watch this movie before Fate/kaleid 1st season?
Nov 23, 2017 10:51 PM

Jul 2016
That can't be, watching this movie first before prillya tv series will negate the mystery of miyu's past and her awkward affection to illyaverse shirou. There's also the origin of the cards which was in the tv series its a mystery until it was later revealed. This àrc was written to be just a backstory and its even intended to be told in a way of narration of miyuverse shirou. So I think that it's highly unrecommended to prequel watch the movie before the prillya tv series.
Nov 24, 2017 9:24 PM

Jul 2013
The only thing anyone needs to fix about the movie page is Illya; the site seems to list her as a main character even though she's barely in the movie at all.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Dec 13, 2017 1:55 AM

Dec 2014
I agree. This movie is clearly a prequel. It literally leads up to the events of the first episode of Season 1. Also they need to take Illya off as a main character, she isn't even on the cover art of the movie.

I tried submitting an Anime information edit, but I guess it never went through.
Dec 13, 2017 2:17 AM

Apr 2016
Hella-Sugoi said:
I agree. This movie is clearly a prequel. It literally leads up to the events of the first episode of Season 1. Also they need to take Illya off as a main character, she isn't even on the cover art of the movie.

I tried submitting an Anime information edit, but I guess it never went through.

Then we need also submit individual entry for fairy tail zero because its prequel and ppl need to watch it first.

Also lets not forget to count all episodes in naruto where his parents are, and made and entry with chronological order of those episodes where they appear so that it can be added as prequel to the series and people won't be confused.
Dec 13, 2017 2:58 PM

Dec 2014
Swagernator said:
Hella-Sugoi said:

Then we need also submit individual entry for fairy tail zero because its prequel and ppl need to watch it first.

Also lets not forget to count all episodes in naruto where his parents are, and made and entry with chronological order of those episodes where they appear so that it can be added as prequel to the series and people won't be confused.

Prequels does not mean "watch it first". Prequels are for stories that take place before (in the past of) another story. In this case the Illya movie takes place before season 1. I personally believe you should watch shows by release date because that's how the writers intended it to be.

For Fairy Tail and Naruto, you can't set individual episodes as prequels. They are all presented as different arcs in the season.
Dec 13, 2017 3:08 PM

Apr 2016
Hella-Sugoi said:
They are all presented as different arcs in the season.

Same goes for this movie.
Dec 13, 2017 3:31 PM

Dec 2014
No this is presented as its own movie. Which is why it has its own MAL page. For Fairy Tail Zero, this is shown as its own arc in episodes 92-100 of Fairy Tail (2014). You can't just have a separate MAL page for episodes 92-100 (unless they were released in a special way of course such as OVA, manga bundle, etc.). These episodes were apart of the regular broadcasting which is why they are apart of Fairy Tail (2014).

All of the Naruto flashbacks are episodes of Shippuuden, so they shouldn't have their own MAL pages.
Dec 14, 2017 2:39 AM

Aug 2010
Hella-Sugoi said:
No this is presented as its own movie.

It really isn't. 3rei literally goes like this:

Shirou: This is what happened to Miyu and me.

*flashback told by Shirou*

Shirou: And this is what happened.

It's a part of 3rei and essential to the story's structure from the very first episode to the latest manga chapter for this arc to be positioned at this exact point in time. This is how and when the author intended for it to be revealed to the audience.
astroprogsDec 14, 2017 2:48 AM
Dec 14, 2017 2:42 AM

Apr 2017
Swagernator said:
How can it be prequel when even in manga it is after all the arcs at the end, it's just a flashback.

Fate is unnecessary complicated for newcomers enough, don't complicate it for them more.

What is so complicated about the fate series ?

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Dec 14, 2017 2:46 AM

Apr 2016
S-quare22 said:
What is so complicated about the fate series ?

Actually nothing, just people like to complicate things.
Dec 14, 2017 3:02 AM

Dec 2014

It's a part of 3rei and essential to the story's structure from the very first episode to the latest manga chapter for this arc to be positioned at this exact point in time. This is how and when the author intended for it to be revealed to the audience.

It's literally called "Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya MOVIE: Sekka no Chikai". So yes it is presented as a movie. Shirou is talking about a flashback which takes place before the first season of Prisma/Illya, which is why I think it should be set as a prequel to that season. Of course I know you watch this after 3rei b/c that's just looking at the broadcast order.
KayrisDec 14, 2017 3:05 AM
Dec 14, 2017 3:23 AM

Aug 2010
Hella-Sugoi said:

It's literally called "Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya MOVIE: Sekka no Chikai". So yes it is presented as a movie. Shirou is talking about a flashback which takes place before the first season of Prisma/Illya, which is why I think it should be set as a prequel to that season. Of course I know you watch this after 3rei b/c that's just looking at the broadcast order.

It's called that because it's a movie, obviously enough, not because it can in any way stand on its own as an introduction to the series.

Also, no, it's because this is the order the author intended from the very start of writing the story of Prisma Illya.
The telling of the flashback is an event that happens in the middle of 3rei. The storyline had it as a reveal, not a prologue.
Dec 14, 2017 3:30 AM

Jan 2011
If someone watches this before the rest I swear I'll beat them with a stick.
Dec 14, 2017 3:51 AM

Dec 2014
astroprogs said:
Hella-Sugoi said:

It's called that because it's a movie, obviously enough, not because it can in any way stand on its own as an introduction to the series.

Also, no, it's because this is the order the author intended from the very start of writing the story of Prisma Illya.
The telling of the flashback is an event that happens in the middle of 3rei. The storyline had it as a reveal, not a prologue.

Of course I know it is not an introduction to the series. I'm also smart enough to know that prequel does not mean "start here". I understand that the telling of the story is in 3rei. But I guess my point is that, whether the story is told in 3rei or season 7 of the anime, since the flashback is of events before season 1 it should be considered a prequel to the whole series and not sequel to 3rei. If majority of the movie was the flashback, and then even a little bit of a scene of what happens after the last episode of 3rei, then I can see it as a sequel. But the movie stops at the first episode of season 1 which is why I view this movie as a pure prequel.
Dec 14, 2017 5:09 AM

Aug 2010
Hella-Sugoi said:
astroprogs said:

Of course I know it is not an introduction to the series. I'm also smart enough to know that prequel does not mean "start here". I understand that the telling of the story is in 3rei. But I guess my point is that, whether the story is told in 3rei or season 7 of the anime, since the flashback is of events before season 1 it should be considered a prequel to the whole series and not sequel to 3rei. If majority of the movie was the flashback, and then even a little bit of a scene of what happens after the last episode of 3rei, then I can see it as a sequel. But the movie stops at the first episode of season 1 which is why I view this movie as a pure prequel.

Having scenes from 3rei or not is irrelevant, because the entire thing, narratively, IS a sequel to 3rei. It's a flashback arc, not a prequel arc. It's not even presented as a prequel arc because it leaves a lot out that was explained in 3rei, like why is humanity even dying in the first place.
I can understand the argument for the events of the movie being a prequel, sure, but the movie as a whole single unit isn't one.

Unlike stories like Kizumonogatari and Fate/Zero, Oath Under the Snow is literally being told to the characters in the living room of Shirou's house in real time and 3rei stops midway to tell that flashback before it can continue with the story.
The last ending sequence can easily be viewed as Miyu continuing where Shirou left off from his perspective and tells the events that Shirou weren't there for.
astroprogsDec 14, 2017 5:18 AM
Jan 29, 2018 2:26 PM
Apr 2017
No Game No Life: Zero
Jan 29, 2018 5:11 PM
Sep 2015
Me thinks OP is being nonsensical for asking for this film to be viewed first. Even the original story only came about after 2 whole manga series and in the middle of the third ongoing one (Drei).

MeTheMystery said:
No Game No Life: Zero

Is a prequel story being told in the middle of the actual story so that context is present for maximum impact. Knowing how the world was before the actual NGNL would not have as much impact than going through the world via the series and discovering this fact as the story progresses. Going to Zero first then the series removes that impact, especially for first-time viewers.

Same idea with this film. It may be earlier in the timeline but it is not the first thing to watch. This story is only told after the previous series has taken place for the sake of context and impact.

In other news, blu ray versions will be coming out very soon. So there's that to look forward to.
Apr 8, 2018 8:40 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
MAADCity1 said:
This movie its actually a prequel to the first season all the manga readers should know that so please fix the chronological order so we dont have people confused

Better to have it as a sequel of everything, I would imagine if I was to start seeing the fate kaleid series and this was the first thing I watched, I would be awed but also fucking confused.

How it is right now makes the most sense, stop whining.
May 21, 2019 5:10 PM
Nov 2015
saying a story being told by someone should be placed at the time of the events of the story instead of when the story is being told is silly
May 23, 2019 11:21 PM

Oct 2014
well, they "fixed" it, and now we have people confused whether they should watch the movie first or not

unnecessary complication is great, especially considering that this series may get more adaptations in the future and the movie's place in the order will cause a bigger mess because of that
Aug 10, 2019 12:45 PM
Aug 2014
Illya is the main character of every show, even the ones that aren't even Fate related... my preferred headcanon.
May 18, 2021 3:14 AM

Jan 2019
Nice, now newcomers will be confused as f*** when to watch this movie.
The "fate watch order complicated" meme lives on.

(If a newcomer is reading this, watch this movie after 3rei!!, it's not a prequel but a flashback)
May 30, 2021 6:07 AM

May 2015
Anyone who says this should be watched first is on some R-Tard logic. The fact that prequel has been misconstrued as a "watch first" kinda of thing is ruining good stories for first time viewers

Aug 31, 2021 2:53 AM
Aug 2010
Following the adaptation route this is clearly a continuation to the series and not the prequel. This is urgent.
Aug 31, 2021 3:01 AM

Jan 2017
DuniaDeltzu said:
Following the adaptation route this is clearly a continuation to the series and not the prequel. This is urgent.

"Prequel" means that it happens chronologically before , not that you need to watch it first.
Sekka no Chikai is a Prequel of Prisma☆Illya 1st Season (It clearly happens before the start of the 1st Season) , but it was meant to be watched after 3rei.

This thread was created because , back then , it was labelled as a Sequel to 3rei , which is false. It has been fixed since then.

Edit : Fixed typos x)
Alexioos95Aug 31, 2021 3:36 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 31, 2021 8:54 AM

Jan 2019
DuniaDeltzu said:

This thread was created because , back then , it was labelled as a Sequel to 3rei , which is false. It has been fixed since then.

Edit : Fixed typos x)

This is not false, the movie takes place after 3rei, the last scene in 3rei is Shirou telling his backstory as a flashback (this movie). It is the same in the manga as well. Listing this movie as prequel to the first season will only confuse new watches and they will spoil themselves with the movie about big plot points.
DelischesAug 31, 2021 8:58 AM
Aug 31, 2021 10:30 AM

Jan 2017
Delisches said:
This is not false, the movie takes place after 3rei, the last scene in 3rei is Shirou telling his backstory as a flashback (this movie). It is the same in the manga as well. Listing this movie as prequel to the first season will only confuse new watches and they will spoil themselves with the movie about big plot points.

You failed while editing the quoted post x)

Even if the Movie is meant to be watched directly after 3rei , the flashback show events that happened before the start of the serie , so it's a Prequel by definition.
Prequel doesn't mean that you should watch it before the rest , it just mean that it happened before an already existing serie.
So yes , it's false. The Movie is a Prequel to the 1st Season.

It won't confuse the new watchers , but only those those who don't know how to properly use the word "Prequel".
It's the same with Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night by the way , Zero is meant to be watched after the 3 routes of Stay Night , but it doesn't change the fact that Zero is a Prequel to the Stay Night stories. (And if they did research/asked about Zero and Stay Night , there is high chances that they already know about the word Prequel)

And MAL label all Prequels like that , not just for Fate... for exemple , Rurouni Kenshin & Tsuioku-hen. Exact same case as Fate/Kaleid , the protagonist explain his past to his friends , in a flashback manner.
Alexioos95Aug 31, 2021 10:33 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Aug 31, 2021 11:56 AM

Jan 2019
Alexioos95 said:

It won't confuse the new watchers , but only those those who don't know how to properly use the word "Prequel".

Yes just 90% of the modern anime fans. They believe you allways start with the prequel.

I wish I got a dollar every time I saw someone who believes UBW is the continuation of Zero.

There will be many people who watch the movie first and spoil themselves because of this.
Aug 31, 2021 12:14 PM

Jan 2017
Delisches said:
Yes just 90% of the modern anime fans. They believe you allways start with the prequel.

I wish I got a dollar every time I saw someone who believes UBW is the continuation of Zero.

There will be many people who watch the movie first and spoil themselves because of this.

Welp , it's the fault of those who try to drive without knowing how to walk...

MAL (And any other site/community) won't change the description of an existing word just to make the life of someone else easier.
All we can do is clearly telling them that the Movie is to be watched after 3rei.

And just imagine being in the place of an hardcore Star Wars fans who see everyone start with the pre-logy... (They even renamed the Trilogy Episode IV , V & VI to make space for the Pre-logy in I , II & III...)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Aug 31, 2021 12:26 PM

Jan 2019
Alexioos95 said:

All we can do is clearly telling them that the Movie is to be watched after 3rei.

How are you planing to do this?

And the last time i checked the dictionary prequel was not a synonym for flashback.
But if mal insists to confuse everyone I won't stop them.
Aug 31, 2021 12:38 PM

Jan 2017
Delisches said:
How are you planing to do this?

And the last time i checked the dictionary prequel was not a synonym for flashback.
But if mal insists to confuse everyone I won't stop them.

When people ask for the order , tell them.
It won't stop those who don't ask , but what about the 99999 other series ? It's the exactly the same.

A Flashback is not necessary a Prequel... it can be a flash of something that happened the previous episode , for exemple.
A Prequel is an event that happened before the story , for exemple Zero and Stay Night.
So an event can be both a Flashback and a Prequel. Nothing to do with synonyms.

At this point , it's not MAL that confuse them , it's their language.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Movie: Sekka no Chikai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

moodie - Nov 5, 2017

120 by Karva1 »»
Feb 23, 3:48 PM

» Watching Fate kaleid liner prisma illya oath under snow movie without knowing almost everything.

jacklim92 - Nov 10, 2017

30 by Swagernator »»
Dec 10, 2021 2:28 AM

» Why Angelica’s logic is stupid

Firehazard105 - Oct 22, 2020

4 by trinity_frost »»
Dec 10, 2021 1:32 AM

» Can I watch this?

QuarioX - May 22, 2020

2 by POCHBOOT »»
May 11, 2021 1:51 AM

» Ilya's world Sakura

MLXIX - May 11, 2018

2 by SomeGuyWithHair »»
May 23, 2020 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.