Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2017 11:07 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Hide deserves the Best Friend Award T_______T OMG <33 Hide's love and efforts to help Kaneki is too touching. Like @Shicchi said in the 148th chapter discussion thread of Tokyo Ghoul:re, "in Hide's case, 'actions speaks louder than words.'" This was clearly exemplified at the end, when Hide intentionally placed snacks in Kaneki's bag, and then Kaneki ran out with his unzipped bag... Everything fell out of the bag, which had Kiyama and Sankou see the foods in Kaneki's bag, to assume that he does eat human food. Although Hide didn't see Kiyama and Sankou in the hallway, he ran out knowing that they'd be there at that time.... T.T I love Hide's way of loving and protecting Kaneki, even though he already knows his best friend is a ghoul. <33 I think this would be a good way for Kiyama and Sankou to end their ghoul investigation too... I'm happy Kaneki was the last person on Sankou's list, whose name was crossed off.

I think it was nice of Hide to not tell Kiyama that Cain was a ghoul, and tried to eat them. That would be a nightmare... Anyone would rather choose to be ignorant, than learn that their idol is a 'monster.'

I applaud Hide's intelligence, when he stuffed the rice ball in Cain's mouth, and set the rockets firing, which captured the CCG's attention. Thank goodness the ghoul investigators came in time, or else Hide, Kiyama, and Sankou really would have been dead.... T.T I want to know how the three of them miraculously woke up on campus...

I really like the way Hide's conflict was written, and I enjoyed his conversation with Ikuma. Hide really wanted to help Kaneki, and felt bad that he couldn't dissolve Cain, Kiyama, and Sankou's suspicions of our protagonist being a ghoul... I love that Ikuma said, "I mean that your friendship isn't based on helping each other, but on being together. To put it simply, you're friends because you enjoy being together," and "Sometimes it helps just to be someone's friend. I think there's nothing better than that." :-)

Since Ikuma is a street musician, I think anyone would have expected him to want money. It really was nice of Ikuma to listen to Hide's concern, without demanding anything in return. <3 I got feels when Hide bought the black coffee Kaneki liked (he was thinking of his best friend!! T.T)... I'm happy to see Ikuma's smile when Hide gave him the canned coffee. :-) I'm sad that Ikuma said he hasn't been eating well, ever since he moved to the 20th ward... It's important to take care of oneself, so please eat!! ><

We don't know Cain very well... I wonder how strongly Cain, the ghoul, connected with Cain from the bible. It doesn't sound too positive, to name yourself after the person/being who killed his brother out of jealousy.... :/

Overall, this was a nice chapter. I think Towada has a good grasp of Hide's love for Kaneki, which we see through the memories they shared together (the successful school play, that summer night when they set off the bottle rockets and got yelled at by their elderly neighbour to keep it down, and eating at Big Girl to celebrate their acceptances to college). Although manga readers and anime watchers may not know what Hide is thinking, it's clear that he values his memories and friendship with Kaneki. I think the fact that Hide and Kaneki have been best friends since elementary school, until the present... All of the moments these two shared together, really speaks for how close they are, and how important they are to each other.
Cloe900311Nov 18, 2017 11:13 PM
Nov 18, 2017 11:16 PM

Jan 2010
wait, where do you read?? :O
@Cloe900311
Nov 18, 2017 11:31 PM

Apr 2016
@Shicchi My local library has the volumes. I guess you haven't read the chapter then..? =S
Nov 19, 2017 12:24 AM

Jan 2010
Cloe900311 said:
@Shicchi My local library has the volumes. I guess you haven't read the chapter then..? =S

Noo I haven't read the novel ; w ;

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Volume 1 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Jun 9, 2017

2 by garychand »»
Jan 21, 2023 11:05 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Volume 3 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Jun 27, 2017

0 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Jun 27, 2017 6:33 AM

» Has anyone even read this?

jyagan0 - Jun 25, 2016

11 by Rojo »»
Jun 23, 2017 6:17 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Volume 2 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Jun 17, 2017

0 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Jun 17, 2017 8:18 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 3 Discussion

Shnolok - May 18, 2017

0 by Shnolok »»
May 18, 2017 4:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.