Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2010 12:05 PM

Dec 2008
noteDhero said:
Then there was Mikado's flashback, where basically we learn that he created the Dollars, and somehow completely forgot that he was the leader. I feel like maybe they were trying to show that Mikado has been trying to suss out how things got carried away, but it doesn't make any sense that he would say something on the message board, see that it got done, and not think that he had anything to do with it.

The way I understood it was that Mikado created the Dollars as an "experiment" of some kind. He set up the site, networked with people (and randoms, at that), and created the rumours of Dollars himself, all while remaining anonymous. He trawled through the Internet and whatnot to see what would come of it and what people would think. It ended up being a little out of his control, as we saw in this episode (making me think Izaya knows or is behind something here), but the "experiment" went on. When Mikado finally got to Ikebukuro (the supposed birthplace of Dollars), he pretended to know nothing of it just to see what people would say about the Dollars. If he made it known he was in Dollars, let alone the creator, people would react differently. So, he kept it a secret and pretended to be clueless.
Mar 21, 2010 12:30 PM

Apr 2009
SUGOI, SUGOOOIIII!

Knew the crowd was going to be filled with Dollars members, but the actual reveal with all those cell phones going off and everything was still EPIC. They even had a cop! XD
The Isaac & Miria cameo just made it that much more awesome. :3
Mar 21, 2010 12:34 PM

Aug 2008
AidanAK47 said:

Question. What makes you think that he forgot that he was leader? Of course he isn't just going to come out and say "Hey I created them" to Kida.
Also it seemed that he did have doubts before he pushed the send button. He thought then that nobody would show up.

Aeterna said:

The way I understood it was that Mikado created the Dollars as an "experiment" of some kind. He set up the site, networked with people (and randoms, at that), and created the rumours of Dollars himself, all while remaining anonymous. He trawled through the Internet and whatnot to see what would come of it and what people would think. It ended up being a little out of his control, as we saw in this episode (making me think Izaya knows or is behind something here), but the "experiment" went on. When Mikado finally got to Ikebukuro (the supposed birthplace of Dollars), he pretended to know nothing of it just to see what people would say about the Dollars. If he made it known he was in Dollars, let alone the creator, people would react differently. So, he kept it a secret and pretended to be clueless.

From the way I understood it, it seemed like Kida knew about the website too. Hasn't Kida been logging onto the website and chatting also? It's called "Dollars" so I don't understand how he (or anyone for that matter) could not know. Maybe I'm missing something particular to Japanese message boards. But I guess going off of what Aeterna says, he invited Kida without telling him who he was? Ah, it really doesn't make sense to me. Especially when we've heard things from his perspective in his head that felt like they run contrary to the thought that he's known exactly what he's been doing this whole time. Now, instead of having to watch this last episode again, I feel like I need to rewatch a few other episodes (if not all of them).
Mar 21, 2010 1:20 PM

Nov 2007
omg the baccano cameo was great! XD
I think Ryugamine is my new favorite!
Mar 21, 2010 1:34 PM

Sep 2009
Wait, some Fridge Logic just hit me. Considering that, from several posters we've seen in the background, Baccano is a series in-universe... why the hell are Isaac and Miria real?! It doesn't make any sense!
Mar 21, 2010 1:45 PM

Jun 2009
noteDhero said:

From the way I understood it, it seemed like Kida knew about the website too. Hasn't Kida been logging onto the website and chatting also? It's called "Dollars" so I don't understand how he (or anyone for that matter) could not know. Maybe I'm missing something particular to Japanese message boards. But I guess going off of what Aeterna says, he invited Kida without telling him who he was? Ah, it really doesn't make sense to me. Especially when we've heard things from his perspective in his head that felt like they run contrary to the thought that he's known exactly what he's been doing this whole time. Now, instead of having to watch this last episode again, I feel like I need to rewatch a few other episodes (if not all of them).

You are assuming too much.
We don't know if Kida is a member of the Dollars. As a matter of fact, he probably isn't.(If you are refering to the voice actor saying things on those message broads that could just the voice actor playing another role or more likely that chat room wasn't the dollers chat room.)
It was already confirmed that that Mikado got to know Kida through email before he created the Dollars.

The Kidas perspective that you are referring to probably has nothing to do with the dollars. His history is most likly linked to these other gangs called the blue squares and yellow scarves, considering the strange serious look he got on his face when they were mentioned in front of him.
AidanAK47Mar 21, 2010 1:51 PM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Mar 21, 2010 1:59 PM

Aug 2008
Maybe I am assuming too much.

But yes, I was referring to the message boards. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there is a correlation between the voices and the actors. I thought maybe Kadota's episode confirmed this, but I'm willing to say it didn't. And Mikado knew Kida from elementary school. They separated before middle school and kept up with each other over the internet.

And sorry for my ambiguous pronoun. The 'his' whose perspective I was referring to was Mikado, not Kida. And yes, I've said in previous episodes that I think he is a former member of the Yellow Scarves.
Mar 21, 2010 2:21 PM

Apr 2009
AHHHHH MIKADO <3<3<3
Mar 21, 2010 2:45 PM

Aug 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
Wait, some Fridge Logic just hit me. Considering that, from several posters we've seen in the background, Baccano is a series in-universe... why the hell are Isaac and Miria real?! It doesn't make any sense!

Well Baccano and Durarara are definitely in the same universe. That is a definite.

The posters....well stop making me think so much darnit. :P
Mar 21, 2010 3:09 PM
May 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
That's exactly what I thought at first when they appeared. xD

Okay, so this episode was really good and seemed pretty realistic because it's not like Mikado to go out and be all intimidating or violent or anything. And I must have missed the preview, because I don't know about Izaya holding some head :c

The episode was overall good; better art than the last episode when Kida's face was really strange. Also, in the group of Dollars, wasn't there Shizuo's little brother included? I thought I saw him. o.o
Mar 21, 2010 3:14 PM
Feb 2010
Oh my god this was so AWESOME<3

First things, AIIZAAAKKKKUUUU and MIIRIIIIAAAAAA XDDD I completely freaked, and proceded to make a dA stamp<3 It was a perfect cameo TTwTT

Lind_L_Tailor said:

Perhhaaaps... One of the characters from Baccano! thought "HEY our story would make a good drama 8D Lets write it down and make an anime of it!!" I wonder who...

Ohh, I loved the amazing awesome dollars mass texting of win<3 It was so cool~ How you could tell Mikado was nervous nothing would happen... And then, how the crowd coloured in, DAMN that was epic xDD I like how Mikado wasn't all of a sudden ultra ultra badass; that would have been a bit weird and out of character o.o

And I love how his request to the dollars was for them to simply stare xD I doubt it would be as effective if he'd asked them to use violence, seeing as a lot of people wouldn't do that... but staring is no troubles! I just feel sorry for anyone who forgot their phone that night xD;; I'm gonna be extra carefull to keep mine on me at all times now...

And I would have died if someone had texted me in that moment TTwTT<3
Mar 21, 2010 3:56 PM

Jul 2009
Tepshie said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
Perhhaaaps... One of the characters from Baccano! thought "HEY our story would make a good drama 8D Lets write it down and make an anime of it!!"
THIS.

I'm still swooning. What an amazing episode. I'm so happy Mikado has finally stepped up to his spot in the limelight, and I can't wait to see where his story goes from here.

But where the heck is Kida in all of this? I doubt the writers will just brush off his absence and have him meander in randomly in the next episode, so I hope there's an interesting explanation for it.

I'm going to explode with anticipation while waiting for the next episode. I hope Mikado doesn't get stabbed! :D (Actually I kind of do a little bit. YAY drama)
Mar 21, 2010 4:24 PM

Jan 2010
ellette said:
Tepshie said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:

I'm going to explode with anticipation while waiting for the next episode. I hope Mikado doesn't get stabbed! :D (Actually I kind of do a little bit. YAY drama)

He won't be stabbed. If you watch the teaser of the next episode, you cleary can see that Mika is gonna interfere seiji in his attempt to stab Mikado.
Mar 21, 2010 4:29 PM

Nov 2007
I am sure the one that was leaking information was Izaya.
Do you think one of the bad things Mootkado refered to on the board was Izayas crime.
I think that may be connected somehow.
I wonder who were the other original founders of Dollars?

P.S. remembering how they asked who was the most powerfull in Ikebukuro ( Dollars, Shizuo, Simon, Izaya, Yellow scarves......) is funny since some of the guys that were supposed to be strongest were in dollars too.
alexvodaMar 21, 2010 4:35 PM
Mar 21, 2010 5:14 PM

Jul 2009
Love it, 100%.

Seiji and his sister are a right pair of psyco's (the sister more so). It's great to see a villianous character get some come-up-ance so early.
Go Mikado and Selty!!!

Everybody reciving a message, converting them from grey extra's into detailed, colourful individuals was a genious art concept.

Comic releif :
Erica knows so much media trivia it's funny.
Shizue and Simon's conversation at the begining (poor biker).:p

I haven't watched Baccano (the creators previous manga), yet I'll have to get into it.

Lastly, I love the jazz, then classical music that plays throughout each episode. It really suits the current mood.
Gleam_QueenMar 21, 2010 5:22 PM

Mar 21, 2010 5:40 PM

Aug 2009
This show is seriously climbing up the rankings. A few hours ago it was at 58. Now it's at 51!
Mar 21, 2010 6:11 PM

Aug 2008
Loved it! Nice to see that in this show full of freaks Mikado can hold his own. It was also good to see Selty come alive at the end of this episode. Now hopefully that Seiji bastard doesn't shank his ass & we can move on with the story.
Mar 21, 2010 6:30 PM

Jun 2009
Man this show is good... its the type that make you want to watch it non stop!
Mar 21, 2010 7:04 PM

Dec 2008
AidanAK47 said:
noteDhero said:

You are assuming too much.
We don't know if Kida is a member of the Dollars. As a matter of fact, he probably isn't.(If you are refering to the voice actor saying things on those message broads that could just the voice actor playing another role or more likely that chat room wasn't the dollers chat room.)
It was already confirmed that that Mikado got to know Kida through email before he created the Dollars.

The Kidas perspective that you are referring to probably has nothing to do with the dollars. His history is most likly linked to these other gangs called the blue squares and yellow scarves, considering the strange serious look he got on his face when they were mentioned in front of him.

I was just gonna say...I don't think Kida is one of the Dollars xD He wasn't at the Dollars "meeting" in this episode, and I do not recall ever seeing him logging into the Dollars website (someone correct me if I'm wrong...although no spoilers, please D: ) From what I've gathered, I believe Kida was part of the Yellow Scarves (or whatever they're called) when he first moved to Ikebukuro; however, it seems he no longer associates with them. He said he poked his nose into too many places and too deeply to be comfortable, so it sounds like he's had quite a few experiences and so is likely to be less inclined to join another gang, especially one with such a reputation as Dollars. This, though, is just my own speculation ^^; There are obviously quite a few unanswered questions about Kida.

noteDhero said:
But yes, I was referring to the message boards. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there is a correlation between the voices and the actors.

This is an interesting thought. Well, I've already spoiled myself on Wikipedia as to who is who on those message boards/chat, but regardless...can you really identify the voice actors in the message boards? Because I can't xD They're too synthesized for me to recognize them and associate them with certain characters.
Mar 21, 2010 7:15 PM

Aug 2008
The way I've thought about it, if what everyone else saying is true---that Kida and Mikado don't know the others are Dollars--then maybe Mikado talked Kida out of being a Yellow Scarf without knowing it. That way, Kida wants so badly to keep Mikado from 'the darkness' that Mikado saved him from. That's starting to sound like fanfic, but it sounds shounen enough.

I recognized a few voices that I thought to be Mikado, Kadota, and Kida. Maybe Selty, but I can't remember. Some don't sound too distorted, but others definitely do.
Mar 21, 2010 8:26 PM

Jan 2008
Niklai said:
Urufuzu_rein said:
Niklai said:
Niklai said:

PS. If someone get hands on Erika's ringtone, gimmie gimmie gimmie nao

bump

here

thx a lot, damn this is so fine

...My phone now asks me if I want to try dying once when I get a text. I love you all. I also love Karisawa.
Mar 21, 2010 9:35 PM

Jul 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:

Those Baccano posters & clips are for advertisement purpose or Brains Base homage of previous series.Same goes to the other anime posters,most of them are Aniplex sponsored animes.
Narita Ryohgo confirmed that Baccano,Durarara&Vamp are in the same universe in his novels.Remember Nebula,the American company that mentioned by Izaya in episode 9 are the same company that build the Flying Pussyfoot train in Baccano!

Also,Miria & Isaac are not only Baccano character that appear there are few of Baccano character appear in Durarara.

That the first example how Durarara&Baccano characters are connected.
Mar 21, 2010 10:42 PM

Dec 2009
Aeterna said:

I was just gonna say...I don't think Kida is one of the Dollars xD He wasn't at the Dollars "meeting" in this episode, and I do not recall ever seeing him logging into the Dollars website (someone correct me if I'm wrong...although no spoilers, please D: ) From what I've gathered, I believe Kida was part of the Yellow Scarves (or whatever they're called) when he first moved to Ikebukuro; however, it seems he no longer associates with them. He said he poked his nose into too many places and too deeply to be comfortable, so it sounds like he's had quite a few experiences and so is likely to be less inclined to join another gang, especially one with such a reputation as Dollars. This, though, is just my own speculation ^^; There are obviously quite a few unanswered questions about Kida.

i agree with you... at the end of ep.5, Kida meets up with Kadota in Russia Sushi, and Kida is trying to get info from Kadota about Dollars because he doesn't want his friend (Mikado) to get involved... if Kida was actually in Dollars, he wouldn't bother trying to stop Mikado, right?

Aeterna said:
noteDhero said:
But yes, I was referring to the message boards. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there is a correlation between the voices and the actors.

This is an interesting thought. Well, I've already spoiled myself on Wikipedia as to who is who on those message boards/chat, but regardless...can you really identify the voice actors in the message boards? Because I can't xD They're too synthesized for me to recognize them and associate them with certain characters.
to my ears, (and without mentioning spoilers) the actors for Tanaka Taro and Kanra really do sound like two of the main characters...
however, the guy who voices Setton doesn't sound like the person who the context suggests he is.... so maybe the correlation is incomplete..... just to mess with our heads a little more :D
Mar 21, 2010 11:23 PM

Jan 2009
miria is awesome lol
Mar 21, 2010 11:37 PM
Nov 2008
ilikeyouevenmore said:
Aeterna said:
noteDhero said:

to my ears, (and without mentioning spoilers) the actors for Tanaka Taro and Kanra really do sound like two of the main characters...
however, the guy who voices Setton doesn't sound like the person who the context suggests he is.... so maybe the correlation is incomplete..... just to mess with our heads a little more :D

My impression was that one VA does the voice-over of the message board for every chatter, with the VA changing from ep to ep. For example, in the first ep Mikado's seiyuu voiced both chatter and so on. I think there's more of a correlation between the chat VA and the episode's focus (character). Simon was the narrator in the 3rd ep and he does the chat too. Kida was in the fifth. etc. The fact that you think the chat part is voiced by multiple voice actors says a lot about their skills:).

I also thought that the BBS the main chars usually talk onand the Dollars BBS are different. They look different too. I just assumed that they talk on a regular chat and it's just a coincidence that the chatters are all important characters and mostly dollars members.
Mar 22, 2010 12:08 AM

Dec 2008
What an absolutely BRILLIANT episode. THis is probably my favorite of all the ones that have come out so far. MIKADO IS LOVE.
Mar 22, 2010 1:15 AM

Dec 2009
Malestel said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:
Aeterna said:
noteDhero said:

My impression was that one VA does the voice-over of the message board for every chatter, with the VA changing from ep to ep. For example, in the first ep Mikado's seiyuu voiced both chatter and so on. I think there's more of a correlation between the chat VA and the episode's focus (character). Simon was the narrator in the 3rd ep and he does the chat too. Kida was in the fifth. etc. The fact that you think the chat part is voiced by multiple voice actors says a lot about their skills:).
if that's true, i really am impressed with their skills... i did notice that simon was in the chat during only ep.3, and it was harder for me to guess who the voices were supposed to be - it did sound like there were two simons in the room!

i like your theory. it makes sense too - because any person in the chatroom would be filtering what they read through their own point of view... hmm.... :)
Mar 22, 2010 1:53 AM
Jul 2009
Simply enlightening episode.
Mar 22, 2010 2:24 AM

Aug 2009
I'm watching every single episode again. Because I just can't believe that all of those expression was his acting. He's reaction on what dollar was purely blank. Probably whether seiyuu problem, or drawn incorrectly. For Mikado's cliched change, I somewhat understand. He was seeking for the change, and prepared for it. It's not himself changed his attitude, it's circumstance and relationships.

I expected to see miriya izacu cameo scene to be somewhere in this anime. Now they are here, so I'm happy.

Malestel said:
This is correct, absolutely correct. I actually noticed this from the first episode, but blah.

For kida being dollars or not, we don't know. If everyone in ikebukuro is dollars, I'm sure he is, too.

This week's episode is going to be really epic. DONT DAI MIKADOOO D: D: D:
ringoo4Mar 22, 2010 2:55 AM
Mar 22, 2010 9:51 AM

Jun 2008
OMG WTF??!!! Best episode yet!!!! :D
MOARRRRR....
Mar 22, 2010 1:57 PM

Aug 2009
Sweet! New OP in episode 13!
Mar 22, 2010 3:28 PM

Sep 2009
Tepshie said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:

Perhhaaaps... One of the characters from Baccano! thought "HEY our story would make a good drama 8D Lets write it down and make an anime of it!!" I wonder who...

Wait a second... You remember Carol and Gustave? Those two Meta-characters who appear in the first episode, and the last OVA? Consider how they seem to know exactly how all the events of Baccano unfolded. On top of that, they have been proven to exist in-universe of Baccano, rather than being some phantasmal narrator-type people... Wouldn't they, realistically, be able to write it down as a true story?

I'm rewatching the first episode to work out how they can know all this, though... I'm starting to theorize that they were aboard the ship in 1711, and they have already stated they were aboard a train in a memorable event... while it isn't outright stated they were aboard the Flying Pussyfoot, it is implied somewhat. The question now, though, is how they knew about Firo's story... There's also Eve's story, regarding her search for Dallas, but this only matters if we assume that the version of Baccano existing in the Durarara universe is the same as the one in ours. Of course, that actually raises the implication that it could be a coincidental naming...

I'm thinking way too deep into this.
Mar 22, 2010 4:52 PM

Sep 2008
garfield15 said:

FFFFFFFUUUU
WHY? The current one is perfect. LOL OUT LAWDER!!!!!
Mar 22, 2010 5:03 PM

Nov 2008
garfield15 said:

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Mar 22, 2010 5:55 PM

Aug 2008
garfield15 said:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
Mar 22, 2010 7:12 PM

Sep 2009
garfield15 said:

Oh snap! I do not hear such a truth?
Mar 22, 2010 7:54 PM

Jul 2009
Best episode so far...

Mikado?? Creator Dollars..

ISSAACC MIIRRIIAA.. hahaha
Mar 22, 2010 8:14 PM

Mar 2010
Too much talking this episode.

But the Dollars reveal was awesome.
Loved how everyone came into color.

Also Celty freaking out sealed the deal for me.
For a second I thought she was going to slice-and-dice everyone D:

Damn cliffhangers ;__;
Mar 22, 2010 9:14 PM

Jun 2009
Oh wow, so amazing.
This series continues to amaze me!!

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Mar 22, 2010 10:12 PM

Dec 2009
this show is just getting better and better. the light novels were good, but the anime has a certain vibe to it that one cannot just express with just words. im getting more and more excited for the coming episodes.
Mar 22, 2010 11:26 PM

Aug 2009
I watched this episode again. Again, and again. First time, I liked it. Second time, I started to get confused. Third time, I wasn't even amused. I suddenly realised, I didn't like this episode, and disappointed.

There are so much things unexplained, and things doesn't really match up. For example, Mikado just suddenly knows that Harima Mika died, for no apparant reason but 'oh, that woman likes to kill! so she must killed mika!!'. He's voice was more of acting, rather than those from the bottom of the heart, which I disliked. Selty's voice sounding doesn't make sense, but only explained by the theory that someone else was immitating her voice. I can't really find any person who can do that, except that Selty's head. If it really was just supernatural happenings, they will need some better reason to explain that shitty excuse. My thoughts are all around right now.

Due to this significant amount of plot holes, I think in the next or next few episode they will try to fill in those blanks. However, I can't deny that this episode was huge let down of whole series.

Probably, only constantly amazing character in this anime, is definitely Izaya. Without him, Durarara is practically dead. I started to think that everything happening right now in Ikebukuro is planned by Izaya, and it 'IS' possible after watching a few episode tracking his traits.

I will see if this holes get filled in next episode... It seems to be about more on psychopath and stoka. Some more Izaya scenes too. That last 10 seconds of preview was more convincing than actual episode, which is quite sad.

Maybe, I'm thinking too much. It wasn't epic as I expected.
ringoo4Mar 22, 2010 11:30 PM
Mar 23, 2010 12:19 AM

Oct 2008
This episode was pure awesome.

Just purely awesome.

Can Durarara get any better?

Fuck I want to marry it.

I feel like rewatching Bacanno as well.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 23, 2010 3:20 AM

Sep 2009
ringoo4 said:
There are so much things unexplained, and things doesn't really match up. For example, Mikado just suddenly knows that Harima Mika died, for no apparant reason but 'oh, that woman likes to kill! so she must killed mika!!'. He's voice was more of acting, rather than those from the bottom of the heart, which I disliked. Selty's voice sounding doesn't make sense, but only explained by the theory that someone else was immitating her voice. I can't really find any person who can do that, except that Selty's head. If it really was just supernatural happenings, they will need some better reason to explain that shitty excuse. My thoughts are all around right now.

I think we'll probably get an explanation as to how he came to that conclusion. Or at least, I hope. You're right, it does seem odd when left as a bare bulb.

That said, IIRC, he knew that Harima Mika was stalking Seiji, that Yagiri Pharmacy were connected to him, and that Harima was missing, so it isn't THAT left field for him to put them all together. Still a leap of logic, though.

Regarding Selty's voice, we know nothing about how Selty's body actually works, so we can't make any real judgements about what does and doesn't make sense for her to do. There's too much phlebotinum involved for us to argue it.
Mar 23, 2010 3:24 AM

Jul 2009
ringoo4 said:
I watched this episode again. Again, and again. First time, I liked it. Second time, I started to get confused. Third time, I wasn't even amused. I suddenly realised, I didn't like this episode, and disappointed.

Due to this significant amount of plot holes, I think in the next or next few episode they will try to fill in those blanks. However, I can't deny that this episode was huge let down of whole series.

Probably, only constantly amazing character in this anime, is definitely Izaya. Without him, Durarara is practically dead. I started to think that everything happening right now in Ikebukuro is planned by Izaya, and it 'IS' possible after watching a few episode tracking his traits.

I will see if this holes get filled in next episode... It seems to be about more on psychopath and stoka. Some more Izaya scenes too. That last 10 seconds of preview was more convincing than actual episode, which is quite sad.

Maybe, I'm thinking too much. It wasn't epic as I expected.

Mikado just assuming what they done to Mika.From what he heard from Anri about Mika stalking Seiji & the girl resemble much to Mika from her appearance plus the rumors about Yagiri Pharmacy human experimentation in Dollars website,he deducted that they do horrible thing to Mika & they might killed her for that purpose.I won't say this is a letdown episode,but I think that scene is better executed in novel.
About Celty voice,it's hard to tell whether it's her inner feelings unleashed that or something else.But she pissed off that her head is now having personality & it crushed her dream to get her head back.She cannot be the same like before thus raging towards Yagiri goons with her wrath.That voice is more to supernatural stuff but I do like to know why it happen :P
Yeah,i think you thinking too much.Reading the novel makes you understand better but sucks,there are no English translation right now :X
Mar 23, 2010 4:24 AM

Aug 2009
Still, that assumption was a bit out of circumstance. Mikado only knows that Mika was stoker, Yagiri pharamcy does some human experience, Mika's head is cut out. But thinking about her 'death' right away from those was not convincing for me. For the Selty's rage, I found it pretty awakward, but it's just me.

Those' leaps' is something that I got really confused about, there are definitely holes there; and some are significant once. It felt like they are just throwing the fact that Mikado being a dollars leader into the circumstance.

But yeah, we will see what happens in next episode. Hopefully, it will get better for me as more Izaya evilness reveals... <3
Mar 23, 2010 5:53 AM

Mar 2010
ringoo4 said:

How is any of that sudden? Last episode Mikado pieced together everything that had happened with combined with what Selty told him. He now knows that Mika's head had been cut-off which means she was murdered for some experiment by the Yagiri's. Namie herself does not deny this. Namie is in charge of R&D of the pharmacy so of course she know about it as well as being the one to authorize it. All the that's left is the truth behind the experiment.

As for Selty's voice, she a Dullahan to begin with not a human. Neither she nor we know how far her powers extend mostly because her memories are lost. There nothing stating what she can or, can't do.

I think your "thinking too much" is probably the case.
Iron_MawMar 23, 2010 6:07 AM
Mar 23, 2010 6:14 AM

Aug 2009
^Yeah, I know I'm thinking too much, sometimes I hate it. However, I personally thinks there is nothing bad about it. The reason I'm obsessed with Mikado assumption is probably because, I have some theory that Mika is still not dead. There are just so much possibilities; ; like Mika's head being isolated from her head but still alive. But whatever. There is nothing we can be sure of right now; plot twist can be anywhere. I just think it was pretty lame way of introducing Mikado as dollars leader.
Mar 23, 2010 6:52 AM

Mar 2010
ringoo4 said:
^Yeah, I know I'm thinking too much, sometimes I hate it. However, I personally thinks there is nothing bad about it. The reason I'm obsessed with Mikado assumption is probably because, I have some theory that Mika is still not dead. There are just so much possibilities; ; like Mika's head being isolated from her head but still alive. But whatever. There is nothing we can be sure of right now; plot twist can be anywhere. I just think it was pretty lame way of introducing Mikado as dollars leader.

Oh I agree with you that's there is probably more to the whole Mika mystery than meets the eye, but also look at from characters (Mikado and Selty) perspectives too. At this point this where all the info has lead them, they can only go by what they know. The only way full picture can be reveal is for Namie to tell the truth (as Mikado had requested) or, Mika-Celty do it. Besides even if Mika isn't dead she was mostly likely forced into her situation against her will and Namie also has all the kidnappings she has to answer for as well as why almost nobody has returned.

Iron_MawMar 23, 2010 7:44 AM
Mar 23, 2010 8:32 PM
Feb 2010
LOL LOL LOL XD

After watching Baccano!, I totally loved the Isaac and Miria scene! XD
Mar 24, 2010 6:07 AM
Jul 2018
Dammit. I underestimated Mikado too much. He's damn awesome. Now I wonder if some kid out there would try out creating a fake gang XD I know I wanna, but I wouldn't. Selty... oh boy she's scary. And Isaac and Miria's appearance was overwhelming awesomeness! I'm jumping on my bed.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

goldslaught - Jun 24, 2010

598 by dspr »»
May 4, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kanade-chan - Jun 10, 2010

335 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

206 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:01 AM

» Seeking advice on watching order

Haemogoblin - Apr 28

4 by Haemogoblin »»
May 3, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

shanimebib - May 20, 2010

212 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 3, 11:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.