Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2010 5:23 AM

Dec 2009
fake OS.. the box was labeled to be running on windows but it turns out to be ubuntu :D
Mar 20, 2010 6:01 AM

Oct 2009
mel said:

1.55 volts for 2.2ghz?!, thats some serious overvolting.
Rofl I did not notice that but what is the standard for that processor speed?
Thorro said:
I will admit to getting excited when my friend had the most perfect timing ever and smsed me when the Dollars members were getting theirs...
Amazing coincidence is amazing!

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 20, 2010 6:29 AM

Oct 2009
zinvince said:
Love the art here, thanks to Mikado that the art director finally given up on those B&W people.

I think Mikado just hacked the Dollar site but I think he is not the founder, he is just an unexpected hacker
Amazing episode!
So what did Selty's head told the headless Selty?? that she got berzerk that showed her existence.
And the next ep will be so intruiging - I mean Seiji and Mikado face to face

Um, nope, it clearly shows in this episode that he founded the DOLLARS with a couple of online friends as a prank.
Mar 20, 2010 6:39 AM

Jun 2009
I loved this episode!!!I though Mikado was the type that would get desperate or not knowing what to do,but he was actually the leader of the dollars and even planned everything to solve that situation.

Mar 20, 2010 7:11 AM

Dec 2007
Quite an interesting episode, I really wasn't expecting to see Miria and Issac to be there let alone be members of dollars xD. I wonder what exactly it is that Selty is going to do now and what happened to Mikado since well Seiji has a scalpel and is apparently crazy.
Mar 20, 2010 7:22 AM

Jun 2008
omfg the cliffhanger at the end totally killed me.
revelation scene was epic to no bounds god that was amazing and hardcore
can't wait for the next
Mar 20, 2010 8:22 AM

Nov 2008
'Bocchan, mail!'

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA euh. Anyhow, those references are great.
Mar 20, 2010 8:23 AM

May 2009
From this ep. the anime will have a complete turn. This will be one of the epick animes in my view!!
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Blutsauger&sclick=1]
Mar 20, 2010 8:25 AM

Mar 2009
this was an awesome episode!

Who would have thought that Mikado was the founder of the Dollars.

So people can hear what Selty is thinking now?
Mar 20, 2010 9:37 AM

Oct 2009
I LOVE THIS SHOW!! how does it get better each time??? when you think "oh this was the best episode!" the next one just beats it!!
<3 cant wait for next weeeeeeeeeeeeek!!
Mar 20, 2010 9:40 AM

Jan 2010
Hahaha, just on the previous episode someone commented how cool it would be if they put Isaac and Miria in Drrr and in the next episode there they are!

Lol, are the creators plagiating ideas from the forums? :P

But crap, why does it always end with a clifhanger? ...
Mar 20, 2010 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
Very good episode.
OMG! Simon and Shizuo were funny~XD
aahahahahaha.

I can't wait for the next episode :]
Mar 20, 2010 9:44 AM

Sep 2009
I am so glad I found this anime, it gets better each week. This episode was EXCELLENT. I can't wait for next weeks episode. Oh well, my inner fangirl for this anime is happy for the moment : )
Mar 20, 2010 10:30 AM
Sep 2008
This Episode was so good, I will forever love Isaac and Miria x3 x3
Mar 20, 2010 11:08 AM
Feb 2009
Isaac and Miria cameo! That seriously made my day. xD
Mar 20, 2010 11:51 AM

Feb 2008
I'm fairly certain that this could be the greatest episode of any anime ever. Now I will go and re-watch Baccano!
Mar 20, 2010 12:44 PM
Mar 2010
@ francismeunier

on the spolier of his computer stats his RAM is not 800MB, it is 800 MHz, which means his speed of the RAM. It says nothing about the quantity of it. But 800MHz is still pretty crappy RAM. The rest of his computer is also pretty crappy considering he uses PCI ports and a AGP for his video card. Not even PCI-E even though the box says Windows 7 on it. That does not make sense. lol

I loved how they spelled windows 7 - "Mindows 7"
and Ubuntu - "Wbunte"
LMAO for copyrights
Mar 20, 2010 12:47 PM
Jun 2009
Miria and Isaac just made my day. XD This episode was awesome.
Mar 20, 2010 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
bautrey37 said:

and Ubuntu - "Wbunte"
LMAO for copyrights

Don't forget Yohoo and Yo! Tube.

I bet in a few episodes, we'll probably get Forchan.org. :P
Mar 20, 2010 1:15 PM
Feb 2009
And here I am, thinking that this anime can't get more awesome than it already is. Good thing I decided to watch Baccano after seeing how awesome this anime is. Seeing Isaac and Miria brought a huge smile on my face. This episode was epic on so many levels.
Mar 20, 2010 1:17 PM

May 2008
I see they finally changed it from 'Dulalala' to 'Durarara' in the intro. Excellent.

I wish my cell phone got a text when all that happened..that would have been so cool xD

That was seriously mass messaging at its finest.

Selty sure us one kick ass woman....

...until that douche smacked her helmet off << God damn. Well, she's still cool.

Mar 20, 2010 1:51 PM

Nov 2008
zefster said:
Isaac and Miria cameo! That seriously made my day. xD
Mar 20, 2010 2:53 PM

May 2009
OMG Mikado is the Creator of the Dollars! wow lol didn't even see that coming Mikado doesn't seem as worthless anymore :P and wow what a epic seen with all the Dollars and the cellphones!
Mar 20, 2010 3:31 PM
Dec 2007
This anime doesn't cease to amaze me. It also has huge character developments and cliffhangers now...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 20, 2010 3:34 PM

Feb 2008
Issac and Miria are two of my all time favorite characters XD
Also, this episode was amazing.
Mar 20, 2010 3:44 PM

Sep 2008
francismeunier said:
mel said:

1.55 volts for 2.2ghz?!, thats some serious overvolting.
Rofl I did not notice that but what is the standard for that processor speed?

Actually I take that back, seeing as thats a 45PE motherboard thats probobly a P4 Chipset making 1.55v perfectly normal. :)
Mar 20, 2010 3:50 PM

Oct 2009
bautrey37 said:
@ francismeunier

on the spolier of his computer stats his RAM is not 800MB, it is 800 MHz, which means his speed of the RAM. It says nothing about the quantity of it. But 800MHz is still pretty crappy RAM. The rest of his computer is also pretty crappy considering he uses PCI ports and a AGP for his video card. Not even PCI-E even though the box says Windows 7 on it. That does not make sense. lol

and Ubuntu - "Wbunte"
LMAO for copyrights
Ah ok...well shows I don't know too much about computers but 800MHz for RAM speed is still pretty bad when you have some ove 1000.

Mar 20, 2010 4:22 PM

Jan 2010
Jeeez. This show has proven to be amazing! At the beginning of the episode, I was thinking "This ep looks alittle boring..." And then... wahbam! Mikado's sending this amazing text, there's hundreds of DOLLARS, Celty jumps from the sky and then her helmet is taken off, and...

Shizuo's cigarette dropped from his mouth.

I mean, that is a totally priceless episode!
Mar 20, 2010 4:23 PM

Sep 2009
If you'll excuse me, I think my brain just exploded. I mean, holy mother of god. This episode was amazing in almost every way.
Mar 20, 2010 4:54 PM

Jul 2008
*is still in awe*
Mar 20, 2010 5:09 PM

Sep 2007
Fuck yeah Mikado. Gotta love how he spent his free time cooking up ways to spread rumors of a gang. And now that Celty has been revealed to the public... how will people react to the headless rider now!?
Mar 20, 2010 7:20 PM

May 2009
I'm simply going to say that this episode was made of awesome.
Mar 20, 2010 7:23 PM

Aug 2009
Wow. Just wow. Can't wait for next week's episode.

What was up with Izaya holding the head in the preview? What happens to both Seltys?

Best episode of the best anime I have seen in a while. 10/10
JNCRMar 20, 2010 7:29 PM
Mar 20, 2010 7:32 PM

Aug 2008
Urufuzu_rein said:
Niklai said:
Niklai said:

PS. If someone get hands on Erika's ringtone, gimmie gimmie gimmie nao

bump

here

thx a lot, damn this is so fine
Mar 20, 2010 7:39 PM

Aug 2009
Freakin' amazing. Just added this to my faves, but still waiting to rate it :)

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Mar 20, 2010 9:09 PM

Aug 2008
I'm so confused. I think I need to rewatch the episode, because I don't know what there is to like about what I just watched. I understand the Issac and Miria fangasm, but since I hated them in Baccano, I screamed in disappointment.

Mikado with his lame spiel was terribly cliche, so I expected that he was stalling to do something like have Namie and her goons sniped...not waiting to send a text message. That meant that he was serious about all that bullshit he was saying, and it just didn't mesh with how he was acting at the end of last week.

Then there was Mikado's flashback, where basically we learn that he created the Dollars, and somehow completely forgot that he was the leader. I feel like maybe they were trying to show that Mikado has been trying to suss out how things got carried away, but it doesn't make any sense that he would say something on the message board, see that it got done, and not think that he had anything to do with it.

And finally we have Selty's freak out where people can hear her talking.

I need to re-watch this episode, because I was totally underwhelmed, and very disappointed. The only good thing was the random thought that somehow, Izaya twisted the Dollars into something more.
Mar 20, 2010 9:47 PM
Dec 2008
first of all,
WHAT AN AMAZING EPISODE
JUST EPIC!!!~~

so most of the characters were part of the dollars
nice to see that shizuo, izaya,and even simon were all part of the Dollars.
1000+ members?? nice. i wish i could be a part of it , if it was real lol

cant wait for next episode
and wow durarara is finally making sense.
one of the best animes ever

EPIC
Mar 20, 2010 9:56 PM
May 2008
Great episode, it really did a good job of explaining things without them appearing too coincidental/convenient. Episodes like this definitely make the wait for the next episode that much worse. Lastly, how could I forget about Isaac and Miria!!!
KillthisAccountMar 20, 2010 10:03 PM
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 20, 2010 10:04 PM

Sep 2009
YES. Mikado explains how he's the total leader of the Dollars. (Though I admit now, his idealism/lack of wanting to actually be a gang leader is kind of off-putting. I want badass awesome Mikado now.)

Also, AWWWW Celty. I want to hug her. But... nice skyscraper leap. Who else is awesome enough to ride a motorcycle down a building while having a nervous breakdown?)

Lastly. ISAAC! MIRIA! <3 X 1000
Mar 20, 2010 10:05 PM

Nov 2007
omg my 2 most fav anime chars Isaac and miria <3 this ep is the best!!!!!! lool dig isaacs get up XD

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Mar 20, 2010 10:50 PM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
I'm so confused. I think I need to rewatch the episode, because I don't know what there is to like about what I just watched. I understand the Issac and Miria fangasm, but since I hated them in Baccano, I screamed in disappointment.

I assume you hate them due to their silliness in part.....
noteDhero said:
Mikado with his lame spiel was terribly cliche, so I expected that he was stalling to do something like have Namie and her goons sniped...not waiting to send a text message. That meant that he was serious about all that bullshit he was saying, and it just didn't mesh with how he was acting at the end of last week.
Well is not that what you call a 180 degree turn around or sudden feelings burst out of the feelings he had kept inside.... I though it would surprise you at least...
noteDhero said:
Then there was Mikado's flashback, where basically we learn that he created the Dollars, and somehow completely forgot that he was the leader. I feel like maybe they were trying to show that Mikado has been trying to suss out how things got carried away, but it doesn't make any sense that he would say something on the message board, see that it got done, and not think that he had anything to do with it.

Well Mikado suddenly must have had things to do and left the website but he never lost the position of being admin....his ideas and believe is what he wanted to see flourish now it might have failed on you but to me it showed that with time it became true and that's what they showed...particularly the belief but this does not work all the time like in War with the Sora no Woto series.
noteDhero said:
And finally we have Selty's freak out where people can hear her talking.

Suddenly I think some forced telepathy happened but as you saw it freaked out people in the end.
noteDhero said:
I need to re-watch this episode, because I was totally underwhelmed, and very disappointed. The only good thing was the random thought that somehow, Izaya twisted the Dollars into something more.
I think Izaya just merely used the Dollars to his advantage....of course he brought them compensations too. Trying to discuss with you....

Mar 21, 2010 12:06 AM

Jul 2009
it's always fun to ask other people's thought about a huge phenomenon you created while acting as being totally clueless about it.
Mar 21, 2010 12:21 AM

Aug 2008
francismeunier said:

I assume you hate them due to their silliness in part.....

Not so much the silliness as I just didn't find them funny or entertaining. They were far too important to be doing the same gags over and over.

Well Mikado suddenly must have had things to do and left the website but he never lost the position of being admin....his ideas and believe is what he wanted to see flourish now it might have failed on you but to me it showed that with time it became true and that's what they showed...particularly the belief but this does not work all the time like in War with the Sora no Woto series.

It's not that. I don't have a problem with that message. I have a problem that he somehow forgot about the Dollars even though he continued to use the website. He knew what lies he was making up. He knew it was affecting the real world. So why does he not know about the Dollars once he gets to Ikebukuro? Why does Kida seem so oblivious also? It doesn't make sense. Maybe I missed something. I'll have to rewatch.

Suddenly I think some forced telepathy happened but as you saw it freaked out people in the end.

Yeah, that was my conclusion too. It just came out of nowhere, though. She was clearly distressed.

I think Izaya just merely used the Dollars to his advantage....of course he brought them compensations too. Trying to discuss with you....

He totally did, but he's using the network as his source at the very least.
Mar 21, 2010 12:37 AM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:
So why does he not know about the Dollars once he gets to Ikebukuro? Why does Kida seem so oblivious also? It doesn't make sense. Maybe I missed something. I'll have to rewatch.

jeroz said:
it's always fun to ask other people's thought about a huge phenomenon you created anonymously, while acting as being totally clueless about it.

this. and don't think he had dragged Kida into Dollars either. Not sure the reason why, probably prefer to separate different groups of friends.
Mar 21, 2010 1:11 AM

Apr 2009
Nottori said:
Also, AWWWW Celty. I want to hug her. But... nice skyscraper leap. Who else is awesome enough to ride a motorcycle down a building while having a nervous breakdown?)

N-Nicolas Cage? xD
-facepalm at bad joke-
(Yes, I actually watched that movie.)

noteDhero said:
So why does he not know about the Dollars once he gets to Ikebukuro? Why does Kida seem so oblivious also? It doesn't make sense. Maybe I missed something. I'll have to rewatch.

If you mean the part that he, asked "Dollars?", looking clueless, when Kida told him about the gang, I thought it was more like he didn't expect to hear about them being that well-known...but maybe that's just me. If you're referring to something else, well, ignore me xp
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 21, 2010 2:25 AM
Jun 2008
francismeunier said:

noteDhero said:
If my memory didn't fail,i think i didn't saw Izaya in accomplishing anything.The only "action" i saw is his evil smile which make me feel he is the one who is behind all the thing.
Mar 21, 2010 3:16 AM

Dec 2009
My god, what a crazy episode.
Mar 21, 2010 3:25 AM

Oct 2007

Kagura89 said:
About why Mikado summoning scene isn't awesome as I expected:

:\ To bad that didn't happen in the epsidoe Mikado look so badass there.
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Mar 21, 2010 4:20 AM

Dec 2008
that was so cool and unexpected
Mikado turned into Mr. supercool and everybody is a dollar XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2010 11:44 AM

Jun 2009
brecho said:
Watching this makes me wonder if there is a border of stupidity the creators of this anime cannot go past.
. Have they gone nuts? They're 15 years old! How can children do something like this...

Let me get this straight.
You watch shows that have guys flying and shooting beams out of there hands, 14 year old kids piloting giant robots, two brothers with powers to transform anything into anything, super powered teenagers turning into shinigamis that wield giant swords and walk away from life or death battle with wounds that should be fatal but are cured with a few bandages, ninjas that can use magic powers to walk on water and clone themselves.....
and you consider this stupid.

My friend. THIS IS ANIME!
So silence.

noteDhero said:

Question. What makes you think that he forgot that he was leader? Of course he isn't just going to come out and say "Hey I created them" to Kida.
Also it seemed that he did have doubts before he pushed the send button. He thought then that nobody would show up.
AidanAK47Mar 21, 2010 11:56 AM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

goldslaught - Jun 24, 2010

598 by dspr »»
May 4, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kanade-chan - Jun 10, 2010

335 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

206 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:01 AM

» Seeking advice on watching order

Haemogoblin - Apr 28

4 by Haemogoblin »»
May 3, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

shanimebib - May 20, 2010

212 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 3, 11:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.