Forum Settings
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2010 7:00 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow nice manga, really different, now he must preserve Rea's body..
Mar 17, 2010 7:06 PM

Nov 2008
At least she did not go all crazy, for now. I'm kind of liking this even more. I wonder how he is going to "preserve" her. Also it seems like the grandpa knows something, perhaps has others have mentioned, he might be a zombie too.

Anyway, I can't wait for the next chapter.
Mar 17, 2010 7:08 PM

Jul 2009
Or the grandpa might have already tried to revive his wife before..because he didn't surprised when he saw Babu life again..
Mar 17, 2010 7:11 PM

Nov 2008
Laevantein said:
Or the grandpa might have already tried to revive his wife before..because he didn't surprised when he saw Babu life again..

One other thing about the cat that I forgot to comment on,

He seemed to "regain or return to normal." Remember the eyes? I wonder if she will eventually go back to "normal."
Mar 17, 2010 7:13 PM

Jul 2009
ClementIV said:
Laevantein said:

One other thing about the cat that I forgot to comment on,

He seemed to "regain or return to normal." Remember the eyes? I wonder if she will eventually go back to "normal."
Hmm yes that happened after the cat ate the leaves again...ohhh ohhh, remember his Grandma usually ate that poisonous leaf before? i bet he can make Rea return to normal by using that leaf too..now i get it, his grandpa managed to revive the grandma, and by eating that poisonous leaf she can return into normal again
Mar 17, 2010 7:30 PM
Jan 2008
i hav a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach....at this point in the story, it could either end up very romantic, or very horrorish, im hoping for the former
"Forged in darkness with wheat harvested from Hell's half acre. Baked by Beelzabub; slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chickens, force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one-eyed madman. Cheese boiled from the rancid utters of fanged cows. Layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood."
ATHF
Mar 17, 2010 7:58 PM

Jan 2008
The irony of wanting to become a zombie to do normal girl things..
Mar 17, 2010 10:37 PM

Mar 2009
Well, the cat turned out fine and is even becoming progressively more normal. I can think of three reasons for the difference:

1. A cold shower caused the muscles in her body to be more difficult to move, as opposed to the cat which gets constant sunlight
2. She hasn't moved as much as the cat, which might prevent rigidness
3. Like someone else said, it is about the leaves
"When he will, the weary world
Of the senses closely curled
Like a serpent round his heart
Shakes herself and stands apart."
- A.C., Equinox I/I
Mar 18, 2010 12:59 AM

Mar 2008
Really love where this manga is taking us. And I am also thinking the same rTz is telling.

About the chapter, I first was afraid then we see almost kissed him. She wanted to bite him xD. But she is just an adorable zombie girl who is in love.. lawl. The fact she can feel emotions gives me the feeling she isn't complety death. And I think that she can turn back.

Also, I do like the pacing of this manga. It's not dragged. And the romance begins quickly in one side. I don't really ecspect a long serie though~

But seeming the manga is getting pretty popular. I hope to see an anime of it in the future~

Promising. And still hoping it will be a cute serie, not a horror serie xD. But I keep reading it though.

5/5 this chap
Mar 18, 2010 3:45 AM

Jun 2009
Agreed, an anime for this would be great.
I'm hoping that the ending for this manga won't be death or something really tragic ;_;
Mar 18, 2010 3:52 AM

Jul 2009
SaberSkye said:
Agreed, an anime for this would be great.
I'm hoping that the ending for this manga won't be death or something really tragic ;_;

It's too soon for an anime, we only have like what 4 chapters?
I don't know about the RAW or the magazine though, but i still think it's too soon for this to be animated..

Hmm i read this manga because the author is the same author that made Umisho, full of jokes, nice romance, light slice of life, i think a happy ending will be presented..maybe
Mar 18, 2010 4:49 AM

Mar 2008
The way it's walking now. I see a happy ending. xD. I HOPE SO.

But damn, I keep finding this cool. Too bad a month takes so long xD
Mar 18, 2010 8:28 AM

Jan 2010
What happened to Rea's father? did he just leave the body? And i hope He finds a way to preserve the body!! i love the new Rea :D
No Music = No Life

Mar 18, 2010 10:27 AM

Jan 2010
Furuya's guess was that her body started rotting because the effect of the potion was wearing off, so she will probably be okay if she feeds on Hortensia like Babu... I think.
Mar 18, 2010 3:53 PM
Jun 2007
Comanechi said:
Furuya's guess was that her body started rotting because the effect of the potion was wearing off, so she will probably be okay if she feeds on Hortensia like Babu... I think.

Nah, it's because of vigor mortis. =D
Mar 18, 2010 4:15 PM

Jan 2010
Drengot said:
Nah, it's because of vigor mortis. =D

Rigor mortis was just a sign of what started happening to her body. It will eventually rot if Furuya doesn't find a way to prevent it.
Mar 18, 2010 4:34 PM

Sep 2009
This is turning out to be fun to read. hopefully it will continue. Im gonna go with some of the others and guess the leaves.
Mar 18, 2010 8:29 PM

Mar 2009
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT I can't wait for the next chapter
Mar 20, 2010 11:55 AM

Jun 2009
Zombie-Moe ftw! <3
Mar 23, 2010 2:22 PM

Aug 2009
Great manga, can't wait for next chapter. And that wildest dream of Furuya: moe zombie-girl. Hilarious xD

zumbza said:
What happened to Rea's father? did he just leave the body?

Maybe a mantal shock after seing his daughter with her guts off.
Mar 25, 2010 7:19 AM

Mar 2008
Moe Moe- Kyun~

Lawl, I keep reading it. Also very funny how she wanted to try to act like a real one. And also...

People where scared it would be Brain eating.. but.. in one of the chapters it's stated that it would'nt be that kind of manga. MOE ZOMBIE GIRL FTFW
Mar 27, 2010 8:55 AM

Feb 2010
Furuya has a problem XDDD

New Rea is very nice.
Mar 30, 2010 12:26 AM
Feb 2010
Sanka Rea later becomes known as Saten Ruiko
Furuya becomes the gekota-looking doctor
Uiharu keeps the body warm with her ability
i had a proofpic somewhere but too lazy to upload it atm :3
Apr 7, 2010 1:55 AM
Apr 2010
well guys I dont believe this manga will have a happy ending...why? beacuse is all of the readers remenber the firts page in chapter 1 ...yes thats it rea is eating something i believe if human flesh and also guts holy...!! they eat someone and furuya watch the hole thing and is in shock also remenber in chapter 2 page 26 furuya says..maybe that time was the last chance I had to save her....o man I think this will be a fuc....k ending and also sad for the signals in the manga i mentioned before the chapter 4 was good moeee but thinking about the coments of furuya in the other chapters i dont like where is going this i really like a good ending but it a have a feeling the ending will be has bad as the ending of the manga inmortal regis please anyone cant? counter mi hipotesis please!!! the ending is going bad..
Apr 7, 2010 12:36 PM

Aug 2009
redsnigami said:
well guys I dont believe this manga will have a happy ending...why? beacuse is all of the readers remenber the firts page in chapter 1 ...yes thats it rea is eating something i believe if human flesh and also guts holy...!! they eat someone and furuya watch the hole thing and is in shock also remenber in chapter 2 page 26 furuya says..maybe that time was the last chance I had to save her....o man I think this will be a fuc....k ending and also sad for the signals in the manga i mentioned before the chapter 4 was good moeee but thinking about the coments of furuya in the other chapters i dont like where is going this i really like a good ending but it a have a feeling the ending will be has bad as the ending of the manga inmortal regis please anyone cant? counter mi hipotesis please!!! the ending is going bad..

No problem I'll counter it. Check chapter 3, page 42. Those are HER guts. The place is also the same. And by saving her he meant save her from being a zombie/dead.

I have no idea what ending will be like. It is far too early for judging.
Apr 12, 2010 4:57 PM
Nov 2008
Loving the new manga, I think the series is going to be good. BTW did anyone else see she almost started her "kill" moment, she was about to feed lol
Apr 16, 2010 5:47 AM
Jul 2009
anyone know when chapter 5 comes out?
Apr 19, 2010 11:41 PM

Oct 2007
Man, what I'm most surprised about is how Hattori Mitsuru's art style is so revamped. I was re-reading Inu Neko Jump and saw this but that's a crazy change. Anyways, rigor mortis... it can't exactly be stopped by using the potion from before. Rigor mortis stiffens the body through a chemical reaction so it can't exactly be treated with sunlight or movement. The potion was used to resurrect the dead but it was never mentioned how it would preserve the body after usage. It probably has something to do with the book which will then tie into the story at some point.
Apple bunnies and takoweiners save our souls.
Apr 22, 2010 12:16 PM

Jan 2010
I think she has to eat those plants, like the cat. Seems like that will do the trick ~
No Music = No Life

Apr 25, 2010 1:47 PM

Jan 2008
im guessing its the eating the plants too ... but if it is how did the cat know? O.o
Apr 25, 2010 2:15 PM

Jan 2010
Pockymon said:
im guessing its the eating the plants too ... but if it is how did the cat know? O.o
Instinct?

Anyway, I am actually hooked on this manga, the concept is quite unique.

@redsnigami: CanisTomek is correct. The first page of the first chapter was actually a preview of her death and coming back to life. Those were indeed her guts and what he meant by saving her, it was saving her from dying.
Apr 26, 2010 6:32 PM

Dec 2007
I'm guess the plant is what stops rigor mortis so hopefully Furuya can figure that out pretty soon. Zombie moe girl is moe can't wait to read more.
Apr 27, 2010 3:00 PM

Jul 2009
New chapter srsly when T-T
Apr 29, 2010 7:43 AM

Jan 2010
This is what i dislike about monthly updates.. sure the chapters are longer, but i just cant stand the waiting time ;(
No Music = No Life

Apr 29, 2010 2:16 PM

Jun 2009
I want the next chapter. ;-;
May 2, 2010 2:35 AM

Jan 2010
zumbza said:
This is what i dislike about monthly updates.. sure the chapters are longer, but i just cant stand the waiting time ;(
Nishi_Mari said:
I want the next chapter. ;-;
May 14, 2010 6:11 PM
May 2010
I have a bad feeling since t decide to read again the ch 1 but notice the first page it looked like some 1s gut is hanging down from her and that gave me a BAD feeling now and i hope it does not get TOO BLOODY or end in Traggic.
May 14, 2010 7:01 PM
May 2010
Ah...hahaha...Never mind People i just read it again it was the same scean at first ch picture since i notice the background was the same as ch 43 where Rea died and i NOW notice her Guts were hanging out lol and im say I am Glad it was JUST her then haha....oh well i nOW understand.
May 29, 2010 5:41 AM

Sep 2009
This is pretty awesome. Though it will probably be a while, I hope an anime of this is made in the future.
Mar 8, 2011 1:23 PM

Oct 2010
Rea as a zombie is cool and she looks so happy in the spoiler
Her body is really hot and ROFL at the grand-father thinking she is his lover from the dead. Loved the explanation of Rigor Mortis in the spoiler
as it explains a lot about muscle stiffening and what happens after. So how will Chihiro handle this problem?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 6, 2011 10:03 PM

Nov 2007
guessing after seeing the cat, she has to keep eating that plant to stay alive. oh man that wound on her is too much. that father must have been really really bad to make her do this to herself. that poor girl.
May 2, 2011 3:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Say hello to our teenage necromancer...

Awesome series so far.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 31, 2011 11:09 PM
Mar 2009
Pffft, turning into a zombie just to experience normal girl life, lulz.

Maybe she has to continually take the potion or munch on the leaves.
Jul 28, 2011 5:40 AM

Sep 2010
Guess who's a necrophiliac.
Rea is slender and sexy with those perky tits.
"Maybe I could use this to train a bit." Oh my, why is she thinking about that? I assumed she was quite sheltered, but hey, it's interesting. ;)
IT'S THE PLANT! SHE HAS TO EAT IT!
Sep 24, 2011 11:25 AM
Nov 2010
He wants to preserved her body, he should mummyfied her then.
Mar 9, 2012 7:59 AM

Jul 2009
Moe-Zombie-Girl who wants to experience life like a normal girl?
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 29, 2013 9:51 PM

Jan 2013
Faced with serious problems.
Glad he is able to solve most of them
Sep 20, 2017 7:02 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
...aaaaaand that wraps up volume 1.

I'm kind of lowkey disappointed that the art in this chapter is down a bit after the fantastic art in chapter three, but hey, chapter 3 was a big deal so I feel like I understand why it was more detailed and pretty.

Kind of weird to believe that I've only read 4 chapters and one volume and yet I'm already almost halfway through what was adapted into anime ._. I wonder how the second volume will be.

Ah well, the first volume was good. I did much prefer the setup that the anime adaptation had because it was a lot slower and more atmospheric and serious about itself, whereas the manga was more goofy and lighthearted and fast paced in comparison.

Feb 4, 2018 5:51 PM
Jul 2016
Anyone know the Japanese name for that item (similar to a body sponge) used on page 24-25?

Edit: it's a loofah (alternator spelling as luffa) which is simply a tried out cucumber (gourd) sometimes known as a body gourd or sponge gourd.
TaroonFeb 4, 2018 6:03 PM
Oct 29, 2023 3:20 PM

May 2010
Very good first volume, kept decent balance between cute romance stuff and actual zombie horror dilemma. And Rea's adorable as well. Looking forward to the next one!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 56 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Sep 5, 2014

84 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 23, 1:07 PM

» Sankarea Chapter 56.1 Extra Discussion ( 1 2 )

End - May 27, 2015

95 by Kitsu-nee »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 1 Discussion

RobinotX - Mar 6, 2010

15 by removed-user »»
Mar 4, 2023 6:57 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 13 Discussion

dbaranyi - Dec 15, 2010

26 by Niamhyuwu »»
Oct 15, 2022 8:45 AM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 55 Discussion

Henticle-Tentai - Aug 12, 2014

27 by lqt »»
May 23, 2021 1:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.