Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 9, 2017 4:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, this episode was kinda dramatic.
Mio's role in this show still seems to be building relationships with others while focusing on her own future. Kinda neat to see her play the trumpet though.

Then, there's Ena and she is still at it with her photography.
For more or less, this episode had a quiet melodrama feel especially from Mio's point of view.

Nov 9, 2017 5:11 AM

Apr 2010
Seems Mio is the one on the losing end here and not just with Souma but also with Izumi it seems.
She has an aggressive opponent in Komiya and it looks like Izuma does care about her as well.

It will be interesting to see how their relationship develops.
As for Morikawa she is just holding Souma on a line but doesn't realise it tho Souma doesn't realise it either.
Be clear on your feelings already.
Nov 9, 2017 5:51 AM

Sep 2015
Even with that Morikawa & Souta scene, their relationship is so unclear. At that point eventhou Morikawa trying tell that she should give a clearer explaination, she never actually accept the relationship with only showing Souta getting all hype up with possible expectation. The end of their talk didn't specify what their relationship is now, a couple or not?

As for Komiya the photo girl, she was playing with small poison. The more she take photo of Izumi and look at it all the time, certain feeling will definately come out. Her interactions with Izumi were not on normal level, it became even higher at the end of this episode when Izumi carrying Komiya for some reason. Big thing is coming for her, really.

Natsume half feeling as always, no idea what she is thinking. She start to try her best, but in what? in going for confession or giving up?
-Was returing favor(eraser) a start for the next brave confession?
-Or what we see here is she told her friend on the bridge that she felt relief, can we take this as she finally can give up? She even seem to be ok with knowing Morikawa finally talked with Souta.

I don't think Natsume realise Izumi's feeling for her. Yet that look of Natsume seeing Izumi carrying Komiya, confuses me. Does the "why" from her simply meant what happened to those two in a friendly way? Or personally that look to me was literally like, "now the remaining single boy friend was taken from me too".
Nov 9, 2017 6:26 AM
Jul 2015
Morikawa best grill.

Hopefully she ends up with Souma. As for Eita, he still likes Natsume but Natsume still has some feelings for Souma, as she gave him back the eraser. Morikawa noticed that Natsume might liek Souma, so she feels slight guilt at the thought of dating Souma, as she is a kind girl that doesn't want to see other girl's feelings hurt. So now 2 grills likes Souma.

Cameragirl Komiya might like Eita soon.

In the end, hope that our 2 male leads each gets their own grill and not have any relationship opportunities be squandered due to love triangles where one girl hesitates due to not wanting to hurt the other girl's feelings.
CoolitzHubertXVINov 9, 2017 6:29 AM
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Nov 9, 2017 6:31 AM

Dec 2014
The eraser of fate reappears again..I still find it as silly as when they showed us that flashback.

Haruto walking in on Ena giving food to Eita was funny, too bad the misunderstanding got cleared right away. Ena didn't look very happy about the possibility of Eita getting serious with Mio tho.

Another high-stake baseball game today, would have been interesting if Eita won and had to coffess.
Still probably better to deal with this other relationship. It's starting to get a bit annoying..Sure he was rejected and might still not want to talk to her; but there is no reason not to run to her and listen to what she has to say, while acting all precious. I guess they got together.

That last scene was probably the highlight today; Eita carrying Ena on his back and Mio asking "why". Well either she is still oblivious about her feelings, or she is well aware of them and that's also one of the reasons why she gave the eraser back.

I think the conflict between Ena and Mio is unavoidable now, let the fight start!
Nov 9, 2017 9:00 AM
Jul 2015
Natsume giving back the eraser to Souma could also mean that she's giving up on him, as she doesn't want to disrupt his approaches on winning Morikawa's heart.

The problem is, Morikawa saw her returning the eraser, and might misunderstood that as a sign that Natsume likes Souma still, so that might cause Morikawa to feel hesitant, hence that's why she asked Souma to give her more time before she could come up with a definitive answer to his confession.

Now back to Eita, there are two grills left for him, which is Natsume and Komiya. Who will he end up with ???
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Nov 9, 2017 11:53 AM
Mar 2016
where you guys watch raw vers?
Nov 9, 2017 12:10 PM

Sep 2014
Quick question, what kind of letter Izumi just posted ? Is it related to college exam ?

+Lunai+

Nov 9, 2017 3:48 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Definitely best episode.

Natsume let go of her first, most likely childish love by giving Soma his eraser back. You think in your young years that the first person who does something for you is THE one, i get what she felt.

Komiya is growing more attached to Eita to the point where she having some feelings for him? Natsume was clearly confused ever since Eita almost confessed, now she's seeing them both together.

Soma and Morikawa ship sailed!! Great moment, these two belong together, we saw how well he is already doing with her little brothers. If she moves, i think it's likely that he will as well, he seems like that type.

His fanatic cry after he got the response was great :D
Nov 9, 2017 3:52 PM
Mar 2016
Good job eita
you did a right thing
when someone has a missunderstand
JUST CLEAR IT BEFORE MORE COMPLICATED
he doing that just like Oreki and Hachiman, proud of you eita (y)

and once again Eita help Haruto
but he doing too much for Haruto :|

wait a minute
wasnt Eita just got Recommendation for Joei Daigaku
but why he took exam for another Daigaku???
NdanHMNov 9, 2017 8:33 PM
Nov 9, 2017 4:16 PM

May 2015
Great episode, probably one of the best, if not the best. It sucks we won't have a new episode next week, though.

Nov 9, 2017 4:56 PM

Dec 2015
I'm gonna be very dissapointed with this animes final episodes, because the opening kind of spoils everything about the realtionships, and I really would love IzumixEna, but opening almost says that it would end IzumixMio.
And that is kind of being visible, as if Mio stop caring about Souma's progress with Morikawa, and how she returned the eraser like pointing that it is over, and that is something I actually hate about some animes, when a character begin to feel interested in other character because their first love get into a relationship with anyone else, please I beg to be wrong and so Mio stay alone :v
Nov 9, 2017 5:25 PM

Feb 2016
I really enjoyed this episode and since this is original it feels really good not to see the manga reading show off cutepies in the thread.
Nov 9, 2017 5:30 PM

Sep 2017
Oooo that was a good episode; probably my favourite so far. The baseball scene was very tense. I was hoping that when Morikawa ran to get her trumpet she was going to play it so that Souma would hear, and that would 'motivate' him to hit the home run. Cheesy and dumb? Yes, but super cute.

Speaking of trumpets, I got some serious Hibike! Euphonium vibes this episode, which I'm definitely not complaining about. I like how Yoriko is just tired of them being too awkward to message each other back and sets them up. And then Morikawa plays him a song. Very nice scene.

Finally, Eita carrying Ena on his back... what's that about?
Nov 9, 2017 6:17 PM

Sep 2013
The MorikawaSouma ship has been given a life-jacket and Ena only grows more power. Good episode.
Nov 9, 2017 6:38 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Even tho im pretty sure its going to be the predictable rotue of Natsume x Eita, i sure hope it ends up being Eita x Komiya.

Anyway, glad to see mah boi Haruto having a step forward to his ship with Horikawa.
If only she didnt saw that eraser scene tho, pretty sure shes taking her time because now she picked up that natsume was into him. (even tho im pretty sure that scene meant that she gave up on Haruto)

gonna be a little bit painful to wait 2 week for the next episode.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 9, 2017 7:02 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Smudy said:
Definitely best episode.

Natsume let go of her first, most likely childish love by giving Soma his eraser back. You think in your young years that the first person who does something for you is THE one, i get what she felt.

Komiya is growing more attached to Eita to the point where she having some feelings for him? Natsume was clearly confused ever since Eita almost confessed, now she's seeing them both together.

Soma and Morikawa ship sailed!! Great moment, these two belong together, we saw how well he is already doing with her little brothers. If she moves, i think it's likely that he will as well, he seems like that type.

His fanatic cry after he got the response was great :D
Pretty much all of this
Nov 9, 2017 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
yea Komiya is becoming my favorite character, tho the end got me wondering

on the opposite end, Mio's trifling b of a friend is still not my favorite and have a feeling she might do something to cockblock Haruto x Morikawa

im cheering for Haruto tho, all hope is not lost yet

ProofByColor said:
I was hoping that when Morikawa ran to get her trumpet she was going to play it so that Souma would hear, and that would 'motivate' him to hit the home run. Cheesy and dumb? Yes, but super cute.

totally thought that would happen too
Nov 9, 2017 7:52 PM

Sep 2013
Mio giving the eraser back and sort of loses her haruto love spark, some feelings for izumi now that she sees him with camera girl after she got in trouble.
Aother homerun game, haruto wins and answers the message, izumi kinda disappointed he lost too :(
Morikawa with the trumpet solo and she sets thing straight with haruto who is happy to wait.
Nov 9, 2017 8:06 PM

Jul 2017
I loved the episode, however I feel bad for izumi. I still ship Izumi and Mio, but unfortunately Mio keeps catching him with Komiya. Mio is too cute, Izumi needs her :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2017 8:43 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

I liked the baseball game and the stakes it had. xD

It was nice to see Natsume let go of her 'eraser'.
Hazuki giving Soma another chance was great and boy did Soma get excited after that. xD
The trumpet solo was pretty good.
Nov 9, 2017 8:58 PM
Mar 2017
Does anyone know, or can find out the music or manner of the song for the trumpet solo? She(Morikawa?) said the name is "In Unison" … but I can't find anything anywhere for it. Was it something that was made for this episode?
Nov 9, 2017 9:41 PM

Nov 2015
As usual, I love that this is not your average high school series, but Komiya Ena keeps stealing the limelight in a memorable way. I've really enjoyed how things are developing.
Nov 9, 2017 9:42 PM

Oct 2014
I love the music of "Just Because". There was sooo much awesome bgms in this episode
Nov 9, 2017 10:16 PM

Sep 2015
OK rip . This is set up now so that one person gets left out. I'm guessing the Camera girl is gonna end up being the only one without a partner in the end.
Nov 9, 2017 11:35 PM

May 2015

A couple of quality drops, but this episode had plenty of good in it. The baseball scene, the trumpet music (and the water...), and Soma screaming in joy. The baseball scene was really good though with every one watching them. Makes you wonder what's going on in their minds while it's happening.

So Soma and Morikawa look like they're in good terms, and Izumi helping Komiya out because she's taking pictures without permission. I think they took her scooter for compensation. And now we see Natsume...all alone...I have a feeling someone is going to get cucked...
TarotistNov 14, 2017 7:42 AM
Nov 9, 2017 11:52 PM

Jul 2015
Great episode again. Really excited to see how their relationships continue to develop. Izumi is pretty hilarious
Nov 9, 2017 11:54 PM

Aug 2015
Wait was worth it. For a show that's usually very slow, quite a bit happened this episode.
Nov 10, 2017 12:04 AM

Mar 2016
3rd wheel is pretty bad but 5th wheel? Rip.
Nov 10, 2017 12:08 AM

Jan 2013
Maybe a bit too much excitement for her response. Puts more pressure on her.
Interesting drama developing.
Nov 10, 2017 1:11 AM

Apr 2016
Well, now i can't decide what is worse the drama of studio producing this anime or the actual drama in the anime.
Nov 10, 2017 1:25 AM

Apr 2013
Sure wish Komiya could win...

I just want Yoriko and Komiya to be happy at the end. Couldn't care less about the rest.
Nov 10, 2017 1:54 AM

Nov 2015
Komiya is definitely best, and she feels like that girl from true tears, so it seems like she's gonna be thrown out alone in the end.
Well she's the one who makes me look forward to this show everyweek.
Nov 10, 2017 2:08 AM
Apr 2014
zero0exk said:
Does anyone know, or can find out the music or manner of the song for the trumpet solo? She(Morikawa?) said the name is "In Unison" … but I can't find anything anywhere for it. Was it something that was made for this episode?

i've also been looking for it for weeks now :( been wanting to listen to more of it since episode 1
Nov 10, 2017 2:33 AM

Apr 2013
Man, I just have it paused on the part where they're on the bike together. It's such a pleasant thing to see. The fact that they're using it for the painfully trite storyline of a girl not knowing what the emotion of jealousy is, is such a shame. It's wack, honestly. They're pretty much using Komiya as nothing more than a way to make Mio jealous.

Tsuki ga Kirei was going in the same direction before I dropped it. Don't they get tired of this same old routine out there? Throw me a curveball and have Komiya win.
Nov 10, 2017 2:41 AM

Oct 2008
I like how slow paced this show is...
looks like things are not going well for Natsume because she thought Izumi & Komiya are hooking-up from the first look impression it gave, but it seems that the actual thing that happened is he's ust helping Komiya due to the mess she made with picturing anything! lolz
Oh so lucky good things are happening to Haruto since he now knew Morikawa also has an interest in him and told him to wait for her answer!
4/5.

Nov 10, 2017 2:46 AM

Sep 2016
valvravetruth said:
Even with that Morikawa & Souta scene, their relationship is so unclear. At that point eventhou Morikawa trying tell that she should give a clearer explaination, she never actually accept the relationship with only showing Souta getting all hype up with possible expectation. The end of their talk didn't specify what their relationship is now, a couple or not?

As for Komiya the photo girl, she was playing with small poison. The more she take photo of Izumi and look at it all the time, certain feeling will definately come out. Her interactions with Izumi were not on normal level, it became even higher at the end of this episode when Izumi carrying Komiya for some reason. Big thing is coming for her, really.

Natsume half feeling as always, no idea what she is thinking. She start to try her best, but in what? in going for confession or giving up?
-Was returing favor(eraser) a start for the next brave confession?
-Or what we see here is she told her friend on the bridge that she felt relief, can we take this as she finally can give up? She even seem to be ok with knowing Morikawa finally talked with Souta.

I don't think Natsume realise Izumi's feeling for her. Yet that look of Natsume seeing Izumi carrying Komiya, confuses me. Does the "why" from her simply meant what happened to those two in a friendly way? Or personally that look to me was literally like, "now the remaining single boy friend was taken from me too".
the part with haruto and morikawa got me fired up a bit as well i had a feeling it would go this way when she decides that she wants to talk to him again and mio damn hard to tell at times what shes thinking with the way she acts in situations at times looking forward to whats to come
Facta Non Verba
Nov 10, 2017 3:23 AM

Nov 2016
The Haruto and Hazuki moments made this episode for me, his reaction at the river after she was done with her solo play made me grin so hard,hope that everything goes well for them.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 10, 2017 3:23 AM

Aug 2013
There's still hope for the Souma and Morikawa ship.

Good episode. The baseball scene was nice to watch.

Nov 10, 2017 3:44 AM

Jan 2016
It's good to see Morikawa and Soma ship sail again but there's still a problem where Morikawa is being considerate towards Natsume.

Then there's a misunderstanding too at the end of the episode and we can say that Natsume is trying to get closer to Eita right now judging from her 'disappointed' response.

Somehow I see that the quality is dropping but the story is improving so it's fine~
Nov 10, 2017 4:49 AM

Sep 2015
Resume of the episode: Mio had no idea what she want.
Nov 10, 2017 4:55 AM

Jan 2017
Oh boy, is that with Ena really happening? If so, Natsume's got herself quite a rival since Ena doesn't give up on things she likes that easily.

I like the rhythm of this show so far. The want to keep it realistic, and in reality you never know what happens when and where. But you most often see signs of it. Given Eita's character, it was clear from the outset that he'd not let Ena down
Nov 10, 2017 4:58 AM

Jul 2014
Until the last couple of minutes, it didn't really feel like this episode went anywhere at all, and even then what did happen on Soma's side of things just kinda reset things a little, although it's starting to seem as if Natsume doesn't really have feelings for him anymore. It also seems like, as I predicted, she's going to start falling for Eita, if her reaction to him being with Komiya has any indication. Also, I'm interested to get more context on that, as all we really have to go on is that she got in trouble with the police for taking photos without permission (kinda amazed that hadn't happened already, in all honesty) and Eita happened to be passing by and presumably helped her out somehow.
Nov 10, 2017 6:31 AM

Feb 2008
Heh, Souma's outcry was glorious.

The final seconds of the episode turned the heat up a notch. At least for Mio. After coming to terms with her unrequited crush on Souma, such a turn of events must have been shocking.

I bet we will get to know Ena a bit better in the next episode.
Nov 10, 2017 6:54 AM

Jan 2008
Six episodes in and sadly I still don't feel for the characters in this show. Should we really feel bad for Izumi, Natsume, Haruto and Morikawa? I don't see why we should. Natsume didn't even try to make her feelings clear to Haruto all these years, so why should I sympathize with her? And on top of that, her feelings are obviously nothing more than a crush. Izumi is doing the same thing. He liked Natsume all these years but again he never made his feelings clear. Haruto got rejected but now Morikawa is giving him hope that she MIGHT answer his feelings someday.

Honestly, it feels like Natsume doesn't even know what she wants but of course the show will make it that she has been interested in Izumi all along without realizing it. Big deal. Nothing new. And now she's starting to show some jealousy of Komiya. Komiya is the most interesting character in the show but obviously she's a plot device to bring Izumi and Natsume together. Yes, it's the obvious, predictable lame sh*t again. I would like to be proven wrong but I highly doubt.
Nov 10, 2017 7:02 AM
Jul 2018
I'm starting to like Komiya x Eita
Nov 10, 2017 7:30 AM
Nov 2016
So they used two sequences as plot devices this episode. The first one being the impromptu baseball game.... They pinned a lot of their characters' decisions on it's outcome. And I was surprised by how well it seemed to work.

The second one being the sequence when Morikawa played her Trumpet for Haruto... They used that sequence to show where all the characters were after they had made the decisions based on the outcome of the Baseball game. I feel like this sequence didn't really serve a purpose but okay.

The pacing of the slow is weird eventhough the story is pretty good. It's nothing new but it's still pretty good.
Nov 10, 2017 7:47 AM

Dec 2016
This episode really played with my emotions.. at the start, (1st 3 episodes) I hadn't liked what i had watched but the last episodes made sure to catch my attention and my longing to see what happens next.

yee i want more from this ~

Nov 10, 2017 7:59 AM

Jul 2012
Good episode with the same slow pacing (obvious at this point). Not that i'm a pickup master, but thought that lots of scenes were really awkward and weird =/ Komiya-san with ignoring tactics, that was funny. And aren't you now jealous Natsume-san?! Rooting for Komiya even as it is probably impossible.
Nov 10, 2017 8:17 AM

Aug 2012
that lunch scene was so cute! Eita unknowingly praised Ena's cooking. lol

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2017

355 by venbals »»
May 19, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

135 by venbals »»
May 17, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

110 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

145 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

111 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 1:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.