Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 5, 2017 10:06 AM

Apr 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woah woah woah I am glad I got to see the movie today. Seeing Shirou go through changes to ultimately save Miyu is great. Anyways story aside, since you will watch that on your own, the visuals are good. Not ufotable but honestly way better directed. Its basically an OVA that was released in theaters so dont expect too much.

Shin Oonuma continues to make fantastic Fate.
Nov 5, 2017 10:25 AM

Sep 2013
just got back from cinema. Fck me, it was totally awesome. Especially the visual animation, although the battle animation was good but my wish to see GAR shirou to be animated and the silver link did not fck it up was the best thing on that movie. The ost was amazing, and I think I just heard another version of UBW especially made for this movie (need to check it out). The story totally follow the manga which pretty much sum of the movie.

Overall, I was totally enjoyed it although there some heavy drops of fps on that movie but I'm glad this arc was turn into the movie.
Nov 5, 2017 1:22 PM

Jul 2007
I love the fact that they stuck closely to how the final confrontation should be - as in a massive "space-battle of swords". It captured Shirou's advantage against Gil perfectly - Counter the massive swordspam with massive swordspam, close the gap to engage in melee, lock opponent into defensive and overwhelm the opponent. This was more of true UBW fight than the final UBW fight in ufoUBW.
Angelica would have been just as fucked as Gil if not for Ainsworth displacement magic as Shirou was about to lock her into defensive loss. Basically the only limited thing here was the budget, but the directing and cinematography were outright FUN. Somebody give Silverlink unlimited money please.

The additional fights that we only got stills of in manga(Lancer, Caster and Rider) were outright fun too even if a bit short and only highlighted Shirou's badassery even more.

Easilly one of most satisfying Fate adaptations since Zero so far. 9/10
Nov 5, 2017 2:53 PM
Sep 2015
I already saw the film in a theatre and enjoyed it a lot.

With hindsight in mind, my review of the film may be excessively positive (Art and music were not that good upon reflection plus pacing is still fast) but I'll stick with my review score due to how much I enjoyed the film overall.

It certainly showcased how the faster speed of the UBW can counter GoB a lot better than what ufoUBW conveyed.

If the BDs come with an extended cut of the film, it may fix the pacing issues (or allow us to see the full HGW fights).
CerberusGateNov 6, 2017 3:00 AM
Nov 5, 2017 10:23 PM

Dec 2009
I absolutely loved it. Yeah some stuff was cut but the newly added scenes made it entirely worth it (I didn't want to see an exact adaptation anyway). Even though it's clear their budget isn't as high as some other studios I'm blown away by what Silver Link managed to accomplish with this film and finally portraying Shirou the correct way in an anime adaptation.

Funny Illya doesn't appear at all besides flashforward clip scenes used near the end but she's still listed as a main character XD I was actually expecting the movie to be done narration style by Shirou and to have it end with Illya thanking him for telling their story but they changed it around. Now I'm even more curious how they're going to handle the next anime season.

10/10 for me personally.
Nov 6, 2017 3:36 PM

Jun 2015
Just watched the raws. It's a very good movie. Definitely one of the best Fate/ adaptations we've gotten. That being said, it's not perfect, and definitely could have been improved a bit.

The obvious thing being the actual animation. It's pretty good up to the Shinji fight, but after Shinji, the animation has a noticeable drop in quality, to the point where it doesn't look too much better than the animation in 3rei. The final fight in particular looked really low budget. It was saved by the good fight direction, which was far better than say, 3rei episode 11, but it definitely needs a bit of polish to make it actually look good. Hopefully the BDs will fix this up, but I'm not holding my breath.

There was some rushing which really hurt some of the more emotional scenes in the movie, for example the UBW chant is a bit too quick and lacks intensity. The biggest offender in this regard is Shirou's monologue in the crater. He says everything way too quickly, and the speech lacks a lot of the gravitas that makes the scene so special in the manga.

The music is very good. Loved the new Emiya, the Shinji fight theme remix, and that theme when Shirou first engages Angelica before using UBW.

Voice acting was of course very good. Noriaki Sugiyama gives a very emotional, badass performance. Noriko Shitaya's Sakura sounds more adorable than ever (and Sakura herself was more adorable than ever. RIP).

Overall an 8/10. Very good adaptation, but suffers from animation problems and some rushing.

EDIT: Watched it with subs now. Opinion is basically the same.
-Sherou-Nov 12, 2017 10:04 PM

Nov 6, 2017 6:40 PM

Apr 2017
I'm way overthinking about the movie budget of this.

>It Didn't live a Hype and surpassed the quality tone from the manga

-HippySnob-Nov 6, 2017 6:45 PM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Nov 6, 2017 8:19 PM

Jul 2016
A warm and touching story of a boy on his path to become a great siscon big brother.

Just one thing... Why Miyuverse is being so cruel to Sakura T_T
Nov 6, 2017 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
WOW This might be my favorite fate anime adaptation, right up there with Fate/Zero 2nd Season. Aside from the animation quality drop after Shiro vs Shinji, everything was on point. The last scenes were very moving (Shiro sending Miyu to the other universe was my favorite). 9/10
Nov 7, 2017 3:24 AM
Sep 2015
NitroKageAki said:

Sakura was so adorable in this film. T_T

She had the right amount of teasing and genuine affection to the point whereby my usual nonchalance towards Sakura crumbled...

Why must the great die young?
Nov 7, 2017 3:28 AM

Jul 2016
CerberusGate said:
NitroKageAki said:

Sakura was so adorable in this film. T_T

She had the right amount of teasing and genuine affection to the point whereby my usual nonchalance towards Sakura crumbled...

Why must the great die young?

Yep, not to mention that Sakura's corpse will later be used as a Servant puppet doll by Julian... can't you just let Sakura RIP T_T
Nov 7, 2017 8:36 AM

Sep 2013
I just remember, if you remember the after credit song (kaleidoscope), at the last scene, you will heard the song starlog at the end of it. It truly hit the scene since the starlog start when the Illya story begin with Miyu.
Nov 8, 2017 2:24 AM

Mar 2015
I loved the little extension they added after the final battle. I cried a little seeing Miyu all alone and struggling to survive and finding a place to belong.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2017 2:25 PM

Feb 2016
Ugh, I have mixed feelings with this movie, would have been better if they did a seasonal anime adaptation rather than a movie that felt rushed even for a non-manga reader, anyway, it had some great moments tho, so I'll give it a 7/10
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 8, 2017 7:37 PM
Jul 2018
I rewatched it subbed and it just hit me like a truck. It's amazing how Hiroshi Hiroyama made a wonderful story using the fate lore. Everything now makes more sense. The soundtrack enhanced the movie a lot. This is now my favorite fate anime.
Nov 9, 2017 6:30 PM

Dec 2009
CLBGM said:
I rewatched it subbed and it just hit me like a truck. It's amazing how Hiroshi Hiroyama made a wonderful story using the fate lore. Everything now makes more sense. The soundtrack enhanced the movie a lot. This is now my favorite fate anime.

Where did you watch it subbed? I want to show it some friends and I need the sub version to do that.
Nov 10, 2017 1:17 AM
Nov 2007
Watched. I love how Shirou reminds me of Ichigo from Bleach. They both are very strong individuals when they have gotten their resolve ongoing!
Nov 10, 2017 10:47 PM
Sep 2015
I re-watched the film again with my brother and while the animation is still not good towards the end, the overall direction, music, voice-work, characters, story and writing holds up extremely well. Even if the music's quality was brought down by the cinema's sound system. Voice-work is still amazing (if not more so than what I can recall).

In a way, the film having its kind of animation does highlight how good the actual story and writing was; the film still touches the right emotions, hits notes that the manga already hit and making Shirou's victory all the more heartwarming (even if his victory would have doomed humanity at the time). Arguments that the arc is beloved simply because Shirou was GAR, cool-looking and that the arc was only good for its spectacle falls flat.

EDIT: The story of a man choosing to fight until his dying breath while choosing to sacrifice mankind's hope for survival in order to save his only family is still a good one then and now.
CerberusGateNov 10, 2017 10:52 PM
Nov 10, 2017 10:58 PM

Jul 2016
CLBGM said:
subbed? where did you watch it?
Nov 11, 2017 11:52 PM

Jan 2015
There is some problems but overall, it was quite enjoyable --as expected. The quality is the same as other Fate primsa Illya series until the later half.

They should have saved budget for Emiya vs Angelica. I don't really understand why they neglected that scene, in fact, the not-so-related and who-care Shinji vs Emiya had a better care from producer team. I really don't know what kind of feeling I should express regarding this. It's similar to 3rei where the only problematic episodes were the last few.

cronoSpirA said:
CLBGM said:
Chinese sub.
Nov 12, 2017 8:36 PM
Jul 2016
Elyts said:
There is some problems but overall, it was quite enjoyable --as expected. The quality is the same as other Fate primsa Illya series until the later half.

They should have saved budget for Emiya vs Angelica. I don't really understand why they neglected that scene, in fact, the not-so-related and who-care Shinji vs Emiya had a better care from producer team. I really don't know what kind of feeling I should express regarding this. It's similar to 3rei where the only problematic episodes were the last few.

cronoSpirA said:
Chinese sub.

TBH, that fights are actually the 2nd most popular in the Kaleid series for just sheer reason of the emergence of Shirou's transformation, PUNCHING SHINJI, the sad dialogue, or epic "Just a wannabe heroic spirit" and PUNCHING SHINJI. PPL had been waiting for a moment that Shirou can ACTUALLY PUNCH SHINJI FOR A LONG LONG TIME.
Nov 13, 2017 4:00 AM

Mar 2016
Damnn really did not like the movie. What a fcking disappointment.
The art was good.
Did not like the story. Too much fcking Shirou in this one.
This movie really reminds me that is from fate franchise lol.
Hope next season will be as good as the other seasons and alot better then the movie.
KnotImpNov 13, 2017 4:04 AM
Nov 13, 2017 4:51 AM

Apr 2016
"The best wish in the history of Grail Wars - period".

Since i read the manga of this i wanted to see this animated, and here we are. This was probably the best Fate thing of this year (im sure of it) This is exactly what "Fate" is about the essence of Fate franchize is contained in this movie. The story the characters all great, all the refferences poor souls those who dont get them all lol, its true that animation quality was little bit off in the second part of the movie but it was the best that Silver Link can do with a movie adaptation.

Poor Sakura just give her some love already. All the suffering she's been through and not even in this parallel she finds her happiness (HF movies do it right or we riot), also what happened to those cool lines from manga ? im sure some of them were missing in this movie adaptaito, but nothing that somehow affect my enjoyment of this.

9/10 for me definetely, i scored the Prisma series as 8/10 but this specific arc was just great.
Nov 13, 2017 9:50 AM
Nov 2017
does this movie have any of those worms. im too afraid of them
Nov 13, 2017 2:49 PM
Sep 2015
Tom_Smith said:
does this movie have any of those worms. im too afraid of them

No worms. This ain't the actual Heaven's Feel.
Nov 13, 2017 4:16 PM
Jul 2018
Just finished the Kaleid film, so I'm just going to give my few cents on the matter.

It was a good film, and I think it was well done for the most part on my end when it comes to the content, especially how they even executed the entire situation going on, how Miyu even also Shirou grew with a chemistry and how Miyu grew bit by bit throughout the film, and its really appreciated with the details given where its due. Music is pretty fantastic as usual from Tatsuya Katou, especially when it came to the emotional/breaking scenes, which I give credit where its due.

The entire development for both sides gives a much fresher idea to it, and to some extent maybe I can comment and say that the fact that Shirou in the film with Miyu kind of looks like the interactions between Kiritsugu and Shirou, which was a nice change of dynamic and change of role.

The show knew how to handle the overall narrative and character structure which makes up really for a lot for me.

... But I feel like in terms of production, it was completely underwhelming. And I wouldn't say like "Oh just a few derps here and there" while I won't deny I enjoyed the fights... I felt like it wasn't to the fullest potential. I thought that its maybe because of either loss of frame rate or things don't feel as impactful compared to the previous seasons.

And I felt like it was throughout the film, either two or three things:

- Massive frame drops or just the fights for the most part aren't as impactful as they should be (I think the idea when it comes to perhaps the storyboarding is good, but when its done on producing and animating it, it wasn't really good).

- Aesthetics either feel off or just weird. The idea of making the film died down colors along with the atmosphere being gritty, watered down isn't a bad idea. I think how its done was my main issue and I felt like they could have polished a bit more on that.

- Backgrounds in some areas look LAZY as hell. I'm not the one to really pay attention to background art to be honest a lot of times, but I thought they didn't do much on that regard. It either looks bland, weird or just ugly... in at least ugly only ONE part of the background. It's not shit, but I would describe it as mediocre at best.

And a reason why the film isn't really as highly rated as I would before is because I thought that part of the entire film was the weakest part of the entire film. It severely felt like the production was really rushed and I think the staff were trying to do as much as possible with it, but it felt in terms of delivery it felt like... maybe a mess. Which is disappointing.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't call it awful as fuck, but they could have done SO much more with it.

To give a short thought:

+ On paper it looks good

+ Designs aren't actually bad, they actually look decent

+ Some scenes during the film don't look bad actually, in fact the scene with Shirou talking with Miyu especially the pledge in a sense was actually emotional, pretty good job at that.

- Delivery of the fight scenes are underwhelming for the most part except for one part of the film, or few.

- Backgrounds are somewhat lazy.

Fortunately, the rest of what the film delivered from the story, characters, and the OST being the strongest part of it compensates or does enough to give it a rating that I can actually give to people. After this I might go and check the manga again, continuing where I read the last time.

Overall:Would I recommend the film?

Well, my opinion is that It's a good film, kinda disappointed when I saw the entire thing because of course I was expecting more of it, but however given how it was, the rest is worth going for it. The story, characters, and music makes up for the rest of it despite my bit of disappointment with the production because I did liked how it kinda looked. But unfortunately that's kind of the thing for me.

Overall: 7/10 for the movie.
Nov 13, 2017 7:50 PM

Jun 2013
Def gonna rewatch in January or whatever when bds come out.. But mm good watch :)
Nov 13, 2017 8:09 PM

Nov 2016
even in a different universe or world shinji is still a dick

thank god justice got served even if his body was a doll
Nov 13, 2017 8:27 PM

Jan 2013
wow, the interpretation of kayneth was super cool, i dont remember him incorporating his volumen hydragyrum into it in the manga. nice. too bad kariya was a trashboy as usual
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Nov 14, 2017 2:17 AM

Sep 2016
Wasshio said:
Just finished the Kaleid film, so I'm just going to give my few cents on the matter.

It was a good film, and I think it was well done for the most part on my end when it comes to the content, especially how they even executed the entire situation going on, how Miyu even also Shirou grew with a chemistry and how Miyu grew bit by bit throughout the film, and its really appreciated with the details given where its due. Music is pretty fantastic as usual from Tatsuya Katou, especially when it came to the emotional/breaking scenes, which I give credit where its due.

The entire development for both sides gives a much fresher idea to it, and to some extent maybe I can comment and say that the fact that Shirou in the film with Miyu kind of looks like the interactions between Kiritsugu and Shirou, which was a nice change of dynamic and change of role.

The show knew how to handle the overall narrative and character structure which makes up really for a lot for me.

... But I feel like in terms of production, it was completely underwhelming. And I wouldn't say like "Oh just a few derps here and there" while I won't deny I enjoyed the fights... I felt like it wasn't to the fullest potential. I thought that its maybe because of either loss of frame rate or things don't feel as impactful compared to the previous seasons.

And I felt like it was throughout the film, either two or three things:

- Massive frame drops or just the fights for the most part aren't as impactful as they should be (I think the idea when it comes to perhaps the storyboarding is good, but when its done on producing and animating it, it wasn't really good).

- Aesthetics either feel off or just weird. The idea of making the film died down colors along with the atmosphere being gritty, watered down isn't a bad idea. I think how its done was my main issue and I felt like they could have polished a bit more on that.

- Backgrounds in some areas look LAZY as hell. I'm not the one to really pay attention to background art to be honest a lot of times, but I thought they didn't do much on that regard. It either looks bland, weird or just ugly... in at least ugly only ONE part of the background. It's not shit, but I would describe it as mediocre at best.

And a reason why the film isn't really as highly rated as I would before is because I thought that part of the entire film was the weakest part of the entire film. It severely felt like the production was really rushed and I think the staff were trying to do as much as possible with it, but it felt in terms of delivery it felt like... maybe a mess. Which is disappointing.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't call it awful as fuck, but they could have done SO much more with it.

To give a short thought:

+ On paper it looks good

+ Designs aren't actually bad, they actually look decent

+ Some scenes during the film don't look bad actually, in fact the scene with Shirou talking with Miyu especially the pledge in a sense was actually emotional, pretty good job at that.

- Delivery of the fight scenes are underwhelming for the most part except for one part of the film, or few.

- Backgrounds are somewhat lazy.

Fortunately, the rest of what the film delivered from the story, characters, and the OST being the strongest part of it compensates or does enough to give it a rating that I can actually give to people. After this I might go and check the manga again, continuing where I read the last time.

Overall:Would I recommend the film?

Well, my opinion is that It's a good film, kinda disappointed when I saw the entire thing because of course I was expecting more of it, but however given how it was, the rest is worth going for it. The story, characters, and music makes up for the rest of it despite my bit of disappointment with the production because I did liked how it kinda looked. But unfortunately that's kind of the thing for me.

Overall: 7/10 for the movie.
hmm i agree with the points here main thing the movie lacked was animation dips and rushing in a few areas other than that i enjoyed it loved how they told the story here very well done indeed
Facta Non Verba
Nov 14, 2017 6:41 AM

Dec 2015
Just the right time when i want to watch fate and this comes out in gogoanime.
This stick to the manga , i got no complaint, with some flaw its still good
I feel kiritsugu here is more desperate, rather than in the fate Zero-UBW
Shirou is just so badass
Damn now im craving to watch more but nothing to watch and the manga still at ch 53. Sad no new ch yet
Nov 14, 2017 9:17 AM

Sep 2015
The flashback finally animated and best Shirou's adventure to save another universe Illya Miyu.

I know they will cut everyone's comment on some part when they heard Shirou's story like Rin got "something" when she heard about Sakura part because Sakura also on Illyaverse but anime never show her from what i heard but why cut everyone's comment after the flashback end?

Welcome to Fate/Illya we have
Happy life Illya route
Rejected F/SN Illya (Kuro)
Another Universe of Ilya who are not born from Illyasviel (Miyu)

And all of them are into Shirou and Shirou's sister aswell
ZBlastHistoryNov 14, 2017 9:21 AM
Into the Internet!
Nov 14, 2017 8:15 PM
Jan 2015
I honestly think this Shirou is my favorite Shirou, HF's Shirou is pretty great himself though.

I was glad they made this since I wasn't really planning on reading the manga, but damn was that great.

The movie could have done for an extra 30min of runtime, so we could see more of the development of Miyu and her sibling relationship with Shirou and to extended the fights b/w the other servants would have been nice.

Overall, 9/10.
My Queens

Nov 16, 2017 5:24 PM

Dec 2016
This was really great. Fate/Kaleid was the 3rd anime I ever watched and it was right when I was really getting into the world of anime. It holds a spot in my heart and this movie really brought that special feeling out in me again. Like woah this is magical it makes my heart race with emotion. Especially the last scene where it shows Miyu and Illya how they were in the very beginning of the series. It was like opening my eyes to a brand new world all over again. Absolutely amazing
Nov 17, 2017 5:48 AM

Apr 2010
Lives up to being the direct sequel to Fate/Zero.

FaithfulAdaptation/10
Nov 17, 2017 9:56 PM

Apr 2014
This was a good movie. Not too bad. Though I question. If Julian did not like Shirou's wish why didn't he even try to stop him himself? Unless he was abiding to the rules. Or was he powerless to stop him?
Nov 17, 2017 10:22 PM

Jul 2013
Setting aside everything else related to how good of an adaptation this movie is, the production value is pretty disappointing for a movie.

Anyway, aside from those concerns, this is a good adaptation all in all.
Nov 18, 2017 10:46 AM

Jul 2016
Finally got the chance to watch it. They made a great job on adapting the most parts of this backstory, especially the first half until the fight with shinji. Though got a bit unsatisfied cause few important parts are omitted, the one with saber fight, kotomine convo about the doll. And the most important is the realization of shirou about
Well its a faithful adaptation, so I'm still happy with this movie. The EMIYA theme, a very meaningful bgm, represents ideals that lead to saving and sacrificing, I love hearing it again. The animation quality got lowered on the later parts, kinda pissed that shinji fight had better animation than the last fight.

It seems like it could work as a prequel watch before watching Prillya tv series, but for me its highly unrecommended to do, cause it's intended only to be a backstory, and it's a short backstory for a reason, so yeah I'm still waiting/hoping that there still more cause I'm interested to miyuverse kiritsugu's and kotomine's backstory, and maybe it has a connection with the illyaverse kiritsugu and the hgw there.

Can't wait for the 5th season animated.^_^
cronoSpirANov 18, 2017 10:54 AM
Nov 19, 2017 12:10 AM

Apr 2017
alphazero4um said:
This was a good movie. Not too bad. Though I question. If Julian did not like Shirou's wish why didn't he even try to stop him himself? Unless he was abiding to the rules. Or was he powerless to stop him?

Probably cause Julius thought Gilgamesh can do it for him? He won't want to break a sweat if he didn't need it.

tsuki_shiro said:
I just remember, if you remember the after credit song (kaleidoscope), at quote last scene, you will heard the song starlog at the end of it. It truly hit the scene since the starlog start when the Illya story begin with Miyu.

Oh yes, I noticed that too. Its so noticeable, its like a signature note.

Kazra07 said:
At first I was like what the hell am I watching. Seriously this is the only fate series that I watched and it definitely was not like this. Thought I was watching Heaven Feel. With the appearance of Sakura coz I remember the movie poster for it have Sakura and Shirou in the cover.
But anyway as an Illya series only fan. I was able to obtain some knowledge about other fate series. That battle which Shirou enganged with other servants could have been made longer. Instead of those quick like recap.
Also isn't this should be a prequel rather than sequel.

P/s: Hahahaha.... I watched this all alone in a 100 seats theater. Nobody else only me in that big hall all alone. A sad day for anime fan as myself. Last time I watch Onii-sama movie there's still a couple of people anyway. T________T

Really? I also watch it just with 5 people inside the 100 man theatre.

This show seriously exceeded my expectations, everything is covered, so i dont have anymore questions.

Anyone noticed Miyu's eyes glow is gone as soon as she wished to be Shirou's sister?

I wish Silver Link could have done better animation, sadly because I think budget limitations?

Anyway, I really wasn't disappointed watching this.

PS : What is the theme song that is played when Miyu came to the other world? Anyone know please quote me, thanks!
CrallyLystiaNov 19, 2017 12:19 AM
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Nov 19, 2017 2:04 AM

Jul 2007
alphazero4um said:

Even if Julian is the villain who wanted to stop him:
1) They were still friends for long time.
2) What Shirou said to him got him shook hard.

Julian would rather let Shirou die from the servants than do it himself, I guess.

ZBlastHistory said:

I know they will cut everyone's comment on some part when they heard Shirou's story like Rin got "something" when she heard about Sakura part because Sakura also on Illyaverse but anime never show her from what i heard but why cut everyone's comment after the flashback end?

Because the movie is framed more like "events happening" rather than "story being told". They still can have most of those reactions at the start of next season anyway. As for Sakura they can still adapt the bonus chapters from illya-world too.
Nov 19, 2017 2:00 PM
Jul 2018
CrallyLystia said:
PS : What is the theme song that is played when Miyu came to the other world? Anyone know please quote me, thanks!

You might be after one of these:
- Miyu is sent to the other world.
- Miyu arrives at the other world. (ignore the last 30 seconds of nonsense)
- First mission of Miyu.
Nov 19, 2017 5:29 PM

Apr 2017
CLBGM said:
CrallyLystia said:

You might be after one of these:
- Miyu is sent to the other world.
- Miyu arrives at the other world. (ignore the last 30 seconds of nonsense)
- First mission of Miyu.

Well, thats what I'm after, thanks man, oh, that final 30 seconds is Ninelie XD.
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Nov 25, 2017 8:47 PM

Nov 2011
This exceeded my expectations. I'm not a big fan of Shirou but his role in this episode impressed me in particular the final 30 minutes against Ainsworth.

I also really like the character chemistry between Shirou and Miyu for the majority of this movie. It just felt like the can connect from a personal level. The action was nice (classic OST from what I remember from the Fate Illya franchise)

Overall, good movie. I enjoyed it.
Nov 27, 2017 12:45 AM
Oct 2017
somehow that was unsatisfying when Shirou and Miyu didn't fulfill "beach promise". but it was good movie tho, i get lil bit emotional at "brother-little sister" scenes. at least in the end Shirou did the "damage limitation" to Miyu
Nov 27, 2017 11:08 PM

Nov 2014
Lol.. Emiya died so that his sister could awake in Yuri.
Dec 1, 2017 6:57 AM

Aug 2009
Really good back story of how Miyu came to be.

Time to catch up on S3 which I should've done before this movie. Not a huge deal if you watched the movie first anyways.

Where's our favorite Issei...

Other than the rushed "Holy Grail War" everything else was pretty good. 8/10 shed a few girly tears
Dec 5, 2017 7:26 AM

Sep 2012
if they want to show some1 past then do flash backs time to time in Episodes but not hole movie, if i watch a Sequel that is a movie i like to see the story continue not one main chars past

its kind off boring if some1 backstory is dragged in to 1h 29min long movie, i like shorter back stories what u can fit in flash backs, i don't need to see the hole thing like sins the time Shirou was little i so the beginning & once i so little ver of him that was a instant turn off

i really don't know do i want to watch the hole thing so what ever its good or bad i can't comment about it cause i haven't seen it i am just disappointed that they made backstory movie not movie that continues the story

EDIT:
it was okay backstory but mostly it showed Shirou bad-assness it would have been okay as flash backs
Sugram22Dec 6, 2017 12:26 PM
Dec 6, 2017 1:40 PM

Oct 2014
That was decent.
Story: There's no way they can cover everything so they focus on Miyu & Shirou's relationship. That allows people to understand Shirou & Miyu's character, which is good.

Animation: is kinda a letdown. During the peaceful scene it's great, but the action scene, especially the final battle, is a let down. They're trying to copy ufotable's UBW movement (which, in turn, copied DEEN, who followed from the original thing) but they can't get the angle right due to lack of 3D aid.
The only 3D involved are for the effect and for the flying swords.
I've seen a better Silver Link action animation.

Music: Nothing less from the most badass single combat music of all time. EMIYA.
Dec 20, 2017 2:10 PM

Nov 2015
When Miyu come to Illya's world, it felt like best moment, idk refreshing to my all loving memories with earlier seasons from this series+ Shirou monologue i guess added to that scene.
I thought this movie was supposed to be better though.
Dec 24, 2017 6:57 PM
Jun 2015
I've been huge fan of fate series as total since og stay night. Majority of people call kaleid series as no plot, non-serious, kids adaption of fate/stay night. This movie has yet again proven those wrong. I had my yonger sister watch whole kaleid from the beginning and all she was complaining was how she wasn't able to keep up with the story. Just because there are young girls with magical powers doesn't mean it is solely meant for younger children.

As of the movie, it was amazing. Not much bad to say about animation except for few frames. Music was yet again masterpiece. Really glad story didn't follow manga all the way. One of the best adaptions of whole fate series. 9/10
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Watching Fate kaleid liner prisma illya oath under snow movie without knowing almost everything.

jacklim92 - Nov 10, 2017

30 by Swagernator »»
Dec 10, 2021 2:28 AM

» Why Angelica’s logic is stupid

Firehazard105 - Oct 22, 2020

4 by trinity_frost »»
Dec 10, 2021 1:32 AM

» Fix this

39sebascq - Nov 22, 2017

37 by Alexioos95 »»
Aug 31, 2021 12:38 PM

» Can I watch this?

QuarioX - May 22, 2020

2 by POCHBOOT »»
May 11, 2021 1:51 AM

» Ilya's world Sakura

MLXIX - May 11, 2018

2 by SomeGuyWithHair »»
May 23, 2020 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.