Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 31, 2017 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot of focus on the sheep guy. Tbh, the background story isn't full of bloodshed and tragedy for once so that's more pleasant.

The fight between Usagi and Monkey was okay. Pretty much what I had expected.
For the sheep guy, I have to admit, he is a bit different compare to some of the other characters.

Oct 31, 2017 9:12 AM

Feb 2016
That sleight of hand sheep pulled off, what a lmao.
Oct 31, 2017 9:25 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The action sequences continue to be well animated, really like that.

So Sheep won a Juuni Taisen before IN SPACE? How did that happen?

I half expected Tiger to kill Sheep at the end (before she was shown). There was no mention of her from Sheep at all before she came into play.
Oct 31, 2017 9:25 AM

Jun 2015
Another episode where no one dies. That's surprising. So apparently this Juuni Taisen is where elite people make bets to seize control of the world. Got to see some backstory for Sheep. He sure does likes to use explosives. He has a grandson who he wishes to see. His previous Juuni Taisen was in space. That would've been cool to see. Looks like Horse is alive. He's such a softie. I completely forgot about Tiger. She was just drunk the whole time.
Oct 31, 2017 9:34 AM

Oct 2014
No one died again!! ^o^

It seems like after a character gets enough screentime they get added to the first person perspective roster. The way the show makes you empathize with these nutzos is pretty cool. I'm interested to see Horse's episode, but he got a bit of time this episode to establish he's kind of a pushover despite his appearance.
Oct 31, 2017 9:50 AM
Jun 2015
Seems like the producers know a certain character is best grill so they wanted to kill her off later while giving more more time to survive lmao
Oct 31, 2017 9:57 AM

Oct 2013
Tiger is about to kill Sheep, I'm hoping she just mauls him right off the bat without any need for deception. Maybe we'll get to see some of Rat's power in the next episode as well, this is getting intense.
Oct 31, 2017 9:59 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Nice, another episode without any death.
Im pretty glad that the series didnt turn out completely formulaic (even tho im still pretty sure the ED shows the order of the death)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 31, 2017 9:59 AM

Nov 2016
Glad to learn the reason why the Juuni Taisen exist in the first place.

Episode was focussed on Sheep,the most scheming one of the competitors as it appears. His backround story wasn't that interesting imo.

Guess he was underestimating Tiger a bit.

Like her attitude btw,who wouldn't take a drink right in a battle royal xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 31, 2017 10:02 AM

Jan 2010
» I love Rabbit vs Monkey fight. Rabbit's movement is so beautiful (*´﹃`)♥
» Hoping to hear Okamoto's voice but all Rabbit did this episode is giggling lol
» Snake moving around headless is a tiny bit creepy. So he detects movement from vibration.
» I really like Sheep. He just want to see his grandchild
» Tiger is assumed to be the weakest. But she could sense Sheep watching her from the shadow. Interesting.
» Even though the main focus is Sheep, unlike previous episodes, the focus switched around quite often. We got a glimpse of Horse vs Ox fight before.
» So sheep didn't swallow the Juuseki. Why didn't he just wait for times up then? Did I miss something?
» We got a glimpse of Boar ♥

Looking forward to next!
Oct 31, 2017 10:02 AM

Aug 2013
Sheep won a Juuni Taisen in space.

Decent episode focusing on Sheep. I forgot all about Tiger.

Oct 31, 2017 10:11 AM
Nov 2016
I think this is the first episode with 0 deaths.

So, Ox is scary, dude's just strolling about killing people and eventhough he didn't kill anyone this episode, it feels like he'll last till the last episode. Seems like the Sheep will die next. I'll admit, I still like the Monkey but her pacifism is pissing me off, she wasn't even killing the damn birds attacking her.

I still have my money on rat to win it all but now that the Tiger has stepped in, I think she has a chance too as she is being depicted as weak, just like the Rat.
Oct 31, 2017 10:14 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Old man has quite the history =o And I like how noble his reason is for entering......I'd probably do the same for my young grandchild (Implying that I have one)

His analysis reminds me of Boar but on a better scale so I was pretty impressed by the way he thinks too and props to Horse for having a good enough defense to survive the OP man that is Ox

Pretty good episode overall, and I'm really intrigued to find out more about Tiger whom definitely is more than meets than eye based off of that ending (Plus I hope that Monkey makes it out of her situation okay too >.<)
Oct 31, 2017 10:22 AM

Mar 2016
omg I swear if they do a double kill one episode! I will cry! Tiger shows up finally also!

I just want the rabbit and damn rat to die!
On second thought a double kill of those two would be great 😏
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2017 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
no deaths again and the focus this episode was old man Sheep

looks like we will see some multiple deaths next few episodes

its nice to know that the whole Juni Taisen is a proxy war for world war though

i already know spoilers of the whole Juni Taisen but still hype for whats gonna happen in the anime
Oct 31, 2017 10:26 AM

Oct 2017
We may be getting closer to having multiple deaths in an episode. They finally show the people behind the Juuni Taisen, or more like the sponsors making bets to win a country or two, imagine that. We also got a glimpse of Snake's ability. I can't wait til they reveal Rat's ability but that may not be any time soon. The calm before the storm. Next week we'll see Horse's story.
Oct 31, 2017 10:28 AM

Oct 2017
UrbanJahts said:
omg I swear if they do a double kill one episode! I will cry! Tiger shows up finally also!

Oh my. Does this mean you dislike Rat so much?
Oct 31, 2017 10:31 AM

Jul 2009
I think the horse for sure is dying next ep. And if it's a double kill then the sheep is going down with him.

Also I'd like for the stupid undead snake to get eliminated too. I have no time for zombies.
Oct 31, 2017 10:32 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Seems like the sheep still has some game left in him. Also was pleasantly surprised that no one died in this episode either. That said, pretty good episode overall. I wonder what's gonna happen to Tiger given how she hasnt done anything so far.

Am looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 31, 2017 10:34 AM

Sep 2010
wonder if we'll get more deaths next week....it's interesting to see who kills who

didn't expect the old man to be a JT-veteran

forgot bout tiger AND the dragon
Oct 31, 2017 10:44 AM

Dec 2015
Was the art kinda weird in this episode or is it just me...?

Finally! I was wondering when they were gonna show us Tora, I'm also curious what abilities she has that she can get drunk like that.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 31, 2017 10:46 AM

Jan 2009
joe_g7 said:

yep it happens in most anime, only first few episodes have great animation then in the middle of the show will be average at best animation then the finale will have awesome animation again
Oct 31, 2017 10:52 AM

Jan 2010
UrbanJahts said:

I want Rabbit to last until the end T~T
He's my main reason for watching this show lol
Oct 31, 2017 11:00 AM
Apr 2016
Sheep is one scummy piece of work, it seems. No consideration for others, but self-sacrifice for his own family... I wonder if he will be ultimately redeemed or... well, remain as it is.
But Horse, yeeh. I hoped for Ox to leave him be, but he fled himself... feels bad man. Hope Ox stays the good kid though he had killed Niwatori who was not anyhow innocent but showed signs of reformation man this is hard to talk about.
Re:formed
Oct 31, 2017 11:06 AM

Feb 2016
well that counts 2 episodes without any death, and seems like there's finally some story into what's the Juuni Taisen...

Nice fight between the Rat vs that dead body, and the Monkey vs the Rabbit... Has the dragon shown? I almost forgot about it!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 31, 2017 11:32 AM

Dec 2015
isekai said:
joe_g7 said:

yep it happens in most anime, only first few episodes have great animation then in the middle of the show will be average at best animation then the finale will have awesome animation again
Yes I know that, I was just unsure this time cause I watched all the episodes till now on my phone, so I thought maybe it was like this and I hadn't noticed on the small screen. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 31, 2017 11:41 AM

Dec 2014
Considering how they talked about the most likely winners, I don't think it will be Ox, Money or Rabbit. Rat is the most boring one still alive I think. The old man has a chance to win, but so do those that didn't get mentioned at the beginning. Albeit so far this anime was predictable with the deaths, so I wonder if they will pull a suprise end or just focus on the fights.

The old man's story was quite good. Wishing to be able to live to see his grandkin grow, is probably something only him could have asked for.

Next ep we are probably going to get more than one death.
Oct 31, 2017 11:46 AM

Jan 2016
Monkey was pointed out to be in the strongest 3 twice this ep if she dies according to the chronological order then she's to be killed by ox and usagi at the same time otherwise i don't see her leaving the game anytime soon cos usagi doesn't seem that strong on his own without his zombies.
Sheep is so dead next ep cos tiger is drunk and she 'kills in a drunken rampage.'
I'm wondering if the anime is still following the manga closely at this point?

Oct 31, 2017 11:48 AM
Apr 2016
Anathor said:
Considering how they talked about the most likely winners, I don't think it will be Ox, Money or Rabbit. Rat is the most boring one still alive I think. The old man has a chance to win, but so do those that didn't get mentioned at the beginning. Albeit so far this anime was predictable with the deaths, so I wonder if they will pull a suprise end or just focus on the fights.

The old man's story was quite good. Wishing to be able to live to see his grandkin grow, is probably something only him could have asked for.

Next ep we are probably going to get more than one death.

Old man been talking heinous plans to have others murdered and deceived throughout the whole episode. He is *not* surviving the next episode.
Oct 31, 2017 11:51 AM
Apr 2016
AurumGG said:
At the beginning they said 9 of the warriors were still alive (3 more need to die to get to top 6). So that means one of the people who we are supposed to think is dead is not. My guess would be either Dog or Snake are actually still in it.

Dog had his poison vial removed by Niwatori, and unless one of his special abilities have him heal the hole from which the poison been pulled through, well, he does not stand a chance at being alive. And Duocuple said that deadmen do not count when asked about the Snake (Dragon?).
Oct 31, 2017 11:56 AM

Jan 2016
thesarcasticguy said:

So, Ox is scary, dude's just strolling about killing people and eventhough he didn't kill anyone this episode, it feels like he'll last till the last episode. Seems like the Sheep will die next. I'll admit, I still like the Monkey but her pacifism is pissing me off, she wasn't even killing the damn birds attacking her.

I still have my money on rat to win it all but now that the Tiger has stepped in, I think she has a chance too as she is being depicted as weak, just like the Rat.

I'm not a pacifist but i'm an animal lover and if i were in her place i'd go at usagi tooth and nail but i wouldn't hurt the birds either ;P

Oct 31, 2017 12:01 PM

Jun 2014
It was pretty cool to learn a little more about what the Juuni Taisen is and why it's even being conducted in the first place.

Sheep's backstory was explored this time and it seemed happier than the backstories we've seen so far. He didn't really go through much tragedy, and i like the reveal that he won a previous Juuni Taisen.

Another episode with no deaths, but i wouldn't be surprised to see multiple deaths in the next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 31, 2017 12:10 PM

Dec 2014
I am betting the rat going to win...but will be glad if the monkey wins though... sheep focus this time
Oct 31, 2017 12:13 PM

Sep 2017
Well, the stories and motivations behind the different characters are a bit more interesting than what I expected initially.

Sheep is an interesting character. Even if they didn't show a background as messed up as the Boar or Monkey, it's still quite tragic that even after winning a Juuni Taisen he is forced to go instead of his granddaughter. Also, it looks like winning isn't even his plan, he just wants to kill every participant to blueball the Taisen Backers.

Now, after two weeks without deaths, I expect a bloodbath next week, or at least an unexpected reveal.
Oct 31, 2017 12:16 PM

Jul 2013
I knew Horse wasn't death. It would be too jarring (even for Nisio... well, maybe not) to kill one participant of a battle royale off-screen so suddenly. I don't think he is going to survive much longer, however.

Sheep gave me good vibrations since the start, and this episode revealed he is actually pretty cool. Not only he decided to participate in the Juuni Taisen to save his granddaughter from the death (a pretty noble cause), but he also knows his limitations, is not arrogant and I like his more cunning approach to the war than just pure brute force (one of the advantages age have to you is that it makes you wiser). Loved the fact he also won a Juuni Taisen by blowing up a whole satelite.
Let's see if the Tiger will kill him or not in the future (and speaking about her, for a moment, I forgot she was participating in the war due her lack of screentime since the 2nd episode xD), since I don't see him ending alive of this, who is a pity (but, considering he kinda knows he will probably die, it makes this less sour).

Nice to see the people behind the Juuni Taisen for the first time (and looks like the tournament is made to decide wars who, otherwise, would be expensive and cost too much lives). 3 more dead and the gambles between all those important people will begin. I wonder if one of the three favorites (Ox, Rabbit and Monkey) will die before that, would be ironic.

We manage to see Snake's ability and... is just a flamethrower. Not very impressive, but, considering Sheep said that without Dragon, his potential was diminished, it has sense his ability is not that spectacular.

Like people had said before, we have two episodes without anyone dying, so a multideath episode wouldn't be surprising.
Oct 31, 2017 12:40 PM

Oct 2017
Illyricus said:

We manage to see Snake's ability and... is just a flamethrower. Not very impressive, but, considering Sheep said that without Dragon, his potential was diminished, it has sense his ability is not that spectacular.

The flamethrower is just Snake's weapon. His ability is Earth's Guidance where he can detect vibrations in the ground, which is what he uses to track Rat.
Oct 31, 2017 12:42 PM

Jul 2013
staranise said:
Illyricus said:

The flamethrower is just Snake's weapon. His ability is Earth's Guidance where he can detect vibrations in the ground, which is what he uses to track Rat.
Oh, you are right, how I could miss that? I'm very dumb.
Thanks for telling me that, I thought for a moment that was the effect of another battle or something.
Oct 31, 2017 12:58 PM
Oct 2017
So the rankings of the fighters from Sheep's perspective is
1.) Ox, 2.) Rabbit, 3.) Monkey, 4.) Boar, 5.) Horse, 6.) Dog, 7.) Dragon and Snake, 8.) Chicken
9.) Sheep, 10.) Rat, 11.) Tiger
But i think Tiger and Chicken's ranking are higher, and Horse only got a high rank because of his defense, but offense he is one of the weakest IMO
Oct 31, 2017 1:07 PM
Apr 2016
Myzt0gun said:
So the rankings of the fighters from Sheep's perspective is
1.) Ox, 2.) Rabbit, 3.) Monkey, 4.) Boar, 5.) Horse, 6.) Dog, 7.) Dragon and Snake, 8.) Chicken
9.) Sheep, 10.) Rat, 11.) Tiger
But i think Tiger and Chicken's ranking are higher, and Horse only got a high rank because of his defense, but offense he is one of the weakest IMO

Chicken's only strength was the control of avian species, which she used against quite dumb enemies. Otherwise she was just an angry deceptive little lass.
Tiger seems to be unknown, but she was searching for someone since the battle began. She might be on a revenge crusade. Horse withstood Ox's onslaught, which none did so far (considering everyones' dialogues), so he is like top notch tank, blocking explosions(spoilers, preview) and stuff. Rat obviously tried to go full-psychic before the alarm rang, so everyone is underestimating him. Monkey can change the molecules she touches into sand(etc.), meaning a touch is enough to make a deep wound in the enemy.
Oct 31, 2017 1:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Really digged Sheep's character. A true exponent of "not by strength, by guile". Loved him winning a Juuni Taisen in space.

Look forward to seeing Tiger in action.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 31, 2017 1:44 PM
Nov 2016
psychogum said:
thesarcasticguy said:

I'm not a pacifist but i'm an animal lover and if i were in her place i'd go at usagi tooth and nail but i wouldn't hurt the birds either ;P

I am not someone who likes hurting animals either but the thing is, those birds are already dead.... Rabbit is a necromancer, that's how he's controlling them. Now I know that people will say that he is actually controlling the chicken who in turn is controlling the birds but the rooster was blinded before she was killed, so even if she is sorta revived, she can't control birds.

If I was in the monkey's place, I'd bitch slap every friggin' bird.
Oct 31, 2017 2:26 PM
Aug 2017
I'm pushing super hard for Tiger to take the super underdog route and get some crazy kills, I was so happy to finally see her in the episode

Overall I thought the pacing for the episode was fantastic and it's done well to slowly build the world these characters live in. The pre-opening scene really gave some good context.

Out of the underdogs to win I'm pulling for Tiger, and out of the top contenders I'm hoping for Monkey or Ox to win
Oct 31, 2017 2:38 PM

Mar 2016
Shicchi said:
UrbanJahts said:

I want Rabbit to last until the end T~T
He's my main reason for watching this show lol

I just feel like he’s going to be one of those characters where if you take away his psychotic trait. There would be no interesting character there. I know his ‘episode’ explaining his past hasn’t come yet but I don’t think “having a past” counts as a character trait.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2017 2:50 PM

Jan 2016
thesarcasticguy said:
psychogum said:

I am not someone who likes hurting animals either but the thing is, those birds are already dead.... Rabbit is a necromancer, that's how he's controlling them. Now I know that people will say that he is actually controlling the chicken who in turn is controlling the birds but the rooster was blinded before she was killed, so even if she is sorta revived, she can't control birds.

forget bitch slapping, she was going full on kung fu on them birdies. obviously her judgment was clouded by her extreme pacifism...and I can see how that naive thinking will come back to bite her in the arse sooner rather than later. Monkey is my fav but i don't agree with her ideals too.

I think Rabbit controls the birds that inoshishi killed since boar was his 'friend' which means boar's kills are his and that's how he gets to control the dead birds.

Oct 31, 2017 2:54 PM

May 2015
Pretty much a whole episode on Sheep's backstory and his character. He's quite the interesting old man. Although, don't underestimate Tiger it seems.

Decent episode.

Oct 31, 2017 3:08 PM
Apr 2016
psychogum said:
thesarcasticguy said:

forget bitch slapping, she was going full on kung fu on them birdies. obviously her judgment was clouded by her extreme pacifism...and I can see how that naive thinking will come back to bite her in the arse sooner rather than later. Monkey is my fav but i don't agree with her ideals too.

I think Rabbit controls the birds that inoshishi killed since boar was his 'friend' which means boar's kills are his and that's how he gets to control the dead birds.

Mighty boy is everyone thinking too hard for a change of pace but still it is still misused??
Rabbit controls dead beings, Snake is dead by... walking. Maybe has something to do with the reptiles being able to survive I DO NOT KNOW, BUT: Boar was eaten, Chicken was eaten by her own birds - Rabbit can not control bones, it is not exactly magic. He simply needs to touch dead and they will be binded by his sinister will. All there is to it. He is directly assuming control of those stupid birds because they were early killed by Boar.
Oct 31, 2017 3:10 PM

May 2017
Guys there is something i don't understand how can the Ox get 3 jewels if the Horse isn't dead. Wtf
Oct 31, 2017 3:26 PM
Apr 2016
_Rayx_ said:
Guys there is something i don't understand how can the Ox get 3 jewels if the Horse isn't dead. Wtf

I was puzzled at first too. He has one in himself, and then he got two from the Chicken who had one from the Dog.
Oct 31, 2017 3:30 PM

Jan 2016
_Rayx_ said:

3 including his + chicken's and dog's
rabbit 2= his own and boar's
dragon 2= his own and his brother's

Oct 31, 2017 4:02 PM

May 2017
Thank you i had forgotten the dog's one ^^'

Anyway I hope that they won't die with the same order that the ED, it would be an idiot spoil from the anime
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

211 by Stuntdrath »»
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2017

197 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

222 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:48 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2017

293 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.