Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 15, 2018 3:14 PM

Aug 2014
this is best episode since last few, top 3 since this crap with Near and Mello started, but next episode again is going to be downhill... eh

The loyal servant Mikami is just perfect character for this anime. He nailed it ;) He maybe is my top 3 character if this continues, but he probably is going to die because of Light's plotting.

That action with Takada was also great, I did not expect Light to tell her his Kira ;o
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 26, 2018 4:01 PM

Feb 2015
i can relate to mikami so much. he doesn't have any foul feelings for humanity and the world, instead he simply objectively viewed it as he grea up, which is the same as i did. his worship of light is tantamount adorable (ie his scream when he got the book and "KAMI!!!!!" when he heard him on the phone).

takada can match light's intelligence with her rigid thinking and reasoning, the complete opposite of misa. she will prove to be extremely valuable later on if she could retain a calm stature without even knowing what's going on. i 100% expected light to plant a fat one on her mouth for being so brilliant after he got off the phone.

i don't understand why people are calling light a player. he can perceive she likes him (thus why he softened his voice on the phone) and exploited it for his own intelligent desires. he's not trying to get coochie anymore than he tried to get any from misa. but now what takada is even in his thinking, i do believe that he actually might start to be interested in her, especially since (1 he told her the truth and (2 now she has full knowledge of the matter she can converse with him on the same line as his intelligence all while being as secretive as him since she adores kira. his God complex could be boosted even more as an ego since he has not only followers (he's had them already) but intelligent ones that work hand in hand with him.

and i now see where L failed and why near is closer to defeating light. L faltered because he was starting to feel for light as a friend where as near doesn't even know what light looks like, so he's far more ruthless in his critical thinking. without meeting light as a friend L would have taken him down quite quickly.

just in the first half of the episode i could feel everything closing in on him and the second half turns the tables. in the first half of the show, i didn't agree with light and didn't care if he got caught. but now after months i have decided to finish it and i'm so much more in agreement with him, thanks in part to mikami. trash humans are worthless, they might as well be taken out before they mess up someone else's life.

hands down the best episode of the entire show.
Dec 6, 2018 3:46 PM

Aug 2007
I like Teru and the direction the rest of the series tries to take, but without all the details in the manga, I have a feeling it won't be as good. It feels very rushed.

Feb 13, 2019 3:04 PM

Mar 2017
Sakujo! Sakujo! Sakujo!
Feb 23, 2019 9:03 AM

Feb 2019
Awesome, this sort of scheming and lying is what the series has been missing ever since the first quarter of Death Note!
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 4, 2019 11:55 AM

Dec 2007
everyone here besides me think mikami psychic more than light? i mean, light has become psychic because of the death note but mikami was psychic before even his mother died, i mean... "she should had been eliminated" who says it on his own mon o_o
and i love the choice of takada being another follower of kira, u don't need to tell again her backstory and stuff, she's already were in L arc and doesn't need to be presented, and about right to being useful of light.

TomDay said:

and i now see where L failed and why near is closer to defeating light. L faltered because he was starting to feel for light as a friend where as near doesn't even know what light looks like, so he's far more ruthless in his critical thinking. without meeting light as a friend L would have taken him down quite quickly.

srry but i don't think like u, here's my comment in 31ep
User-Name said:
i really hate near, and i will explain why, first maybe his thinking is similar to L but there's a huge difference between them, i mean, L had investigate much more cases than near, and this is the first case of near, and u can see it in how near is expressing himself either than L that were more cautious in his words, and that is the second thing about him, unlike L near taking the clues leading to figure out light is kira and pointing at him in front of the whole detectives in the hq of kira case, L wouldn't do that, he will digg around to find more evidence and clues until he will find out a clear evidence to connect ti light that he is kira, near did a huge mistake when he pointing his finger on light - now there's no evidence in his house or on misa and caused him to act a running away, L wouldn't want to do that, he actually said that in ep22 before going to catch higuchi not letting him running away and send his power to someone else, so near maybe stressed light out but in advance he cant catch any evidence for him.

but above all my first reason is may really the reason for all of that, after all, all this investigation of near is just because kira killed L /:
User-NameMar 4, 2019 12:00 PM
Mar 15, 2019 3:59 AM

Dec 2018
The irony when Misa don't wanna cheat on Light, but Light give no ****.

Light seems not playing around with Takada, this seems will be a real relationship.

Many people complain about how convenient Light remove the wiretaps. I think it's understandable, this just means Kira is a cautious person, and he's experienced.

User-Name said:
everyone here besides me think mikami psychic more than light? i mean, light has become psychic because of the death note but mikami was psychic before even his mother died, i mean... "she should had been eliminated" who says it on his own mon o_o

Yeah hes a bit extreme than Light.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Apr 7, 2019 11:10 AM
Dec 2017
light deservs claps for the outrageous outplay!
May 15, 2019 8:28 PM
May 2019
I can't handle it when Light is playing with feelings. He's so good at it, even I would be hooked. 😭😂

Mikami is also good at being the right hand man. It amazes me so much I can't even. 😂
Also, I feel so bad for Misa. 😂
zhei_May 15, 2019 9:05 PM
Oct 23, 2019 2:08 AM
Jul 2018
I have to admit, Light Yagami is the one that keeps my interest in the past couple of episodes. Sometimes when the plot is a little weak, presence of Light and the things he says always enthralls me. A greatly written fictional character.

Why is he using the newsreader though, he didn't want to use Misa :( ..or, is it because he wasn't the ruthless Kira back when he declined using Misa?
Jan 20, 2020 7:42 PM

Apr 2015
I enjoyed the episode but the same things others pointed out also annoyed me a little. How did Mochi and Aizawa miss the wire tap when turning the place upside down? And if it wasn't there before, how did it get there with someone in the apartment 24/7? And Mikami being a little too obsessed reminded me of L being super obsessed with linking Kira to Light. It just gets overwhelming and boring. Hopefully the last handful of episodes ends it well.
May 28, 2020 1:11 AM
May 2020
Damn another great episode!!! THIS IS EXHILARATING
Jul 19, 2020 3:59 AM

Jun 2020
THIS is what death note is about. loved this episode!!!!! that scene where light is on the phone with mikami was soooo good

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 2, 2020 12:31 AM
Oct 2019
Man... what a move from light!
If i were in light's place when he was placed the phone to talk to mikami i don't think i could've handle it. HE is truly a thing!
It pretty surely is good but slightly boring without L :(
Nov 15, 2020 3:28 PM
Apr 2020
Wow I really liked this chap ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Specially the reunion of Kiyomi and Light (like I think Kiyomi is better partner for Light than Misa xd) And Mikami... well... he was a nice person before but I see him like too obssesed with Kira :/ (well very obssesed) But still loves this chapter though :3
Estef 💝✌
Jan 8, 2021 3:20 PM

Jan 2020
this was a actually a pretty good episode.
but the only thing that annoyed me was kiyomi. im sorry her addiction was just too cheesy for me.
mikami is actually a pretty good character imo. even if he has a kira obsession it's explained and used in a good way.
other than that the episode was pretty good.

(evil) light is still the best character in this anime imo, and it's the main source of actually getting entertained in the few previous weak episodes.
6 episodes left. i hope they don't disappoint.
3099Jan 8, 2021 3:25 PM
Feb 2, 2021 4:26 AM

Jul 2017
This was a solid episode, I did like how the episode spent time on characterizing Teru Mikami and showcasing why through the events he had to go through in his past, that he believed in Kira as God's Judgement and was willing to become the one to assist the real Kira in passing on righteous judgement with the power of the Death Note as Light tries to avoid suspicion again. Things made even more saucy when Kiyomi, one of the girls Light dated in the past, turns out to be the new spokesperson on the air to represent Kira and Light reveals the truth infront of her at a hotel due to her loyal belief in the justice that Kira serves. Misa getting two-timed in this aspect but to be frank, I find Kiyomi better than Misa so I don't mind it one bit. Helps that Misa doesn't possess a Death Note anymore as well as the fact that there isn't a shinigami like Rem to hold Light back from abandoning her.
Feb 21, 2021 12:37 PM
Feb 2021
What caught my ears in this episode was the use of the same Mozart work that Agnès Varda used in her Le bonheur film.
May 5, 2021 6:53 PM
Aug 2020
Sakujo Sakujo Sakujo Sakujo Sakujo Sakujo Sakujo
Oct 10, 2021 11:24 AM
Oct 2018
This episode restored my faith in the series. Finally, a well paced, suspenseful episode
Dec 2, 2021 3:47 PM

May 2019
Awesome that we get Mikami's backstory. His own mother though? This guy is terrifying.

Light meeting with Takada will not go over well with Misa...

Dec 4, 2021 2:39 PM

May 2015
Gonna be honest ever since L left the series it feels like half of my interest is gone. Can't have the killer without his detective. I didn't think L would leave the series this soon. I thought he'd be around until a least the last few episodes.

I can already see where this is going. Light isn't gonna get a happy ending. Every character that murders loses the happy ending.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 7, 2022 3:01 PM

Jan 2022
Honestly I really liked this episode, I definitely wasn't expecting Takada to return and so far I'm really liking Teru. Honestly as long as from here on out there's more Teru and less Near I'm completely fine.
Jun 21, 2022 7:23 AM
Mar 2022
Teru Mikami be deleting human lives, like I be deleting my browser history...
Nov 22, 2022 9:21 PM
Nov 2022
FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUU
Dec 2, 2022 12:44 PM

Feb 2022
When Light has no restrictions, he is literally a God

one of my favorite chapters
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Dec 15, 2022 2:41 AM

Jul 2022
Light is a motherfucker, I love it

Poor Misa...
Mar 3, 2023 12:08 PM
Feb 2021
I already like this Mikami guy better than Light lol
Mar 12, 2023 2:34 PM
Mar 2023
kira no. 4 is a chad
Mar 18, 2023 7:03 AM
Aug 2022
there is so much "telling" going on in this show. 
Mar 18, 2023 7:08 AM
Aug 2022
i don't understand how terror supporting people walk around freely and make announcement through tv in this world.
Mar 18, 2023 7:10 AM
Aug 2022
what these guys are doing all day gathering in that office for years? what is the purpose of those pasacons? are they analyzing data and shit? this show doesn't make any sense.
Jun 10, 2023 1:51 AM
Jan 2023
nice anime 😍😍
Jun 16, 2023 12:56 AM
Jun 2023
Very good episode really liked it
Nov 15, 2023 2:12 PM
Oct 2023
i cant take death note seriously anymore ngl, the moment where mikami asked light who am i speaking to and he said 5 pagnes on november 26 instead of answering literally had me dead.
Nov 30, 2023 8:24 PM

Nov 2023
Sheesh he's really good at it though, nice pawn
Dec 31, 2023 1:09 PM

Aug 2019
Mikami kinda based ngl
Mar 27, 5:33 PM
Mar 2023
I'm digging this Teru guy more and more. Kinda was expecting there to be some sort of case where a clearly guilty criminal got away because of his background as a prosecutor but whatever.

Fucking sucks that Misa's been taken out of the loop again, this time for good. But Kiyomi seems like an interesting addition. Light really just gained two aides at the same time and it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

917 by SrRubikat »»
May 15, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

395 by yalinarul »»
May 12, 12:41 PM

» Why didn't Light just write in the notebook 'Touta Matsuda dies after killing L at a specific day x and time y' Or something like that

CaptainKing_2009 - Jul 4, 2023

6 by InqMusic »»
May 11, 3:30 AM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

29 by YahiyaX777L »»
May 9, 12:33 PM

» Imagine a world without Death Note

ZeroMajor12 - May 6

0 by ZeroMajor12 »»
May 6, 3:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.