Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 12, 2017 10:32 AM

Apr 2016
I made the same discussion thread for the manga, so I thought, "Why not here?" X)

I fell in love with Seiya and Nagisa, while I watched the anime. They have very cute moments together, like when Nagisa spazzed and Seiya was clapping, and then she jumped and he carried her bridal-style. They're attentive of each other, and care for their children. It's nice to see them in love, without frictions in their relationship.

When Izumi was eight years old, Seiya and Nagisa were gorgeous in their wedding costumes for their commercial. *___*

I'd really like to see a side story of this couple, like how they fell in love up until their marriage and when they became parents... I'm curious how the Sena family was like, before Rei became part of their family.
Cloe900311Nov 6, 2017 7:37 PM
Nov 6, 2017 3:35 PM
Nov 2017
I love that! I also wonder sometimes, about how Rei is so mature, and (LOL) how he managed to answer the questions about MxM love that Izumi had. That last episode also raised the question for me of what relationship Rei has with Shougo. XD I really loved this anime!
Nov 6, 2017 6:28 PM

Apr 2016
UmeTagaki said:
I love that! I also wonder sometimes, about how Rei is so mature, and (LOL) how he managed to answer the questions about MxM love that Izumi had. That last episode also raised the question for me of what relationship Rei has with Shougo. XD I really loved this anime!
I recommend you to read Back Stage!!, which is a spin-off story of Shougo and Rei! :) I haven't finished reading it thoroughly, but I hope Nagisa and Seiya are there too. ^^ And Izumi's question about gay sex was SO funny, and it was even FUNNIER to see Rei's serious response! XD Izumi wouldn't have guessed that size is what matters, LOL.
Nov 6, 2017 6:38 PM
Nov 2017
Cloe900311 said:
UmeTagaki said:
I recommend you to read Back Stage!!, which is a spin-off story of Shougo and Rei! :) I haven't finished reading it thoroughly, but I hope Nagisa and Seiya are there too. ^^ And Izumi's question about gay sex was SO funny, and it was even FUNNIER to see Rei's serious response! XD Izumi wouldn't have guessed that size is what matters, LOL.

No wayyy!! I can't wait to read that! I've only watched the anime, but should I re-read it as the manga? I liked the end but I wanted to know more!! (common result with me when it comes to anime) :P
Nov 6, 2017 6:53 PM

Apr 2016
@UmeTagaki I definitely recommend reading the manga, since it does go beyond the anime (12 episodes and OVA). I haven't read the manga yet, so I can't answer questions, like how closely the anime follows the manga.... ;_____; We'll have couple chats, once we both read the manga! :) Does that mean your favourite couple is Shougo and Rei, or are they your second favourite?
Nov 6, 2017 7:13 PM
Nov 2017
@Cloe900311 Cool! I'd be glad to chat with you about it after I've read it XD

Hmmm, I haven't read Back Stage!! yet, so I don't really know much about Shougo and Rei, but yeah- I have to say Izumi and Ryouma are my top favourites at the moment :P

Ooh ooh! What about Kuroi, Izumi's manga club friend? Isn't he cute too? He was so chill and nice to Izumi even after he found out he was famous. Gahh, there should be a fanfiction of them somewhere :'( :P
Nov 6, 2017 7:34 PM

Apr 2016
@UmeTagaki Now that you mention it... I wouldn't mind if Kuroi and Izumi were a couple. LOL, they both love manga after all! ;P I'll now add them as an option! :D ^

Regarding Shougo and Rei...do you have a preference on who is the seme and uke? I think they could be a reversible couple! :O
Nov 6, 2017 7:47 PM
Nov 2017
@Cloe900311

Ahh, that's so true. For me, Shougo is the tough one to place, because I remember his intense protectiveness of his brother and the fact he'll negotiate/teasingly blackmail to get what he wants. But he also has a softer side of appreciating cuteness XD

Rei... I think he's definitely a tsundere kind of character, and because of this he might be more inclined as the uke, but Rei's got his own intense quality about him- as in, he can be serious about what he wants and I don't think he's above keeping Shougo in line :P Oh! And he did initiate a 'date' with Shougo at the end of the anime, so hmmm...

Hehe, yeah... tangents aside, I think they could be a reversible couple.
Nov 6, 2017 7:58 PM

Apr 2016
@UmeTagaki I completely agree with you!! I feel that Shougo is the type who loves to tease others, so he could tease Rei as the seme. xD But I think once in a while, Shougo would LOVE to receive surprises. Rei is a tsundere, so he'd be the uke... If Shougo wanted Rei to take charge, I think our family assistant is capable of that too.

I feel like the odd one out who loves the heterosexual, married couple/parents of the story, lol! XD
Nov 6, 2017 8:05 PM
Nov 2017
@Cloe900311 No way! They were cute in their own way too! But I get what you mean, a heterosexual couple in a shounen-ai focused anime, they would have taken the backseat a little bit.

What I can say is that I loved was the attention Seiya paid to Nagisa: on how she was feeling, on what she wanted, I found that too cute- especially due to the fact that it was on Rei to make it happen (particularly when Nagisa wanted to arrange acting with Ryouma :P)
Nov 6, 2017 8:33 PM

Apr 2016
@UmeTagaki LOL, oh yeah!! Nagisa wanted to act in the wedding commercial ten years later, with Ryouma; she said he was really cute. xD Seiya went along with the commercial filming, because his wife wanted to. :P And again, the Sena family are lucky they have Rei to arrange everything. <33 I read on the Wikia pages that Nagisa was the one who approached Seiya first... I am curious of their love story, I didn't get enough of them in the anime, lol. What am I doing, spazzing about a heterosexual couple in a shounen-ai story?
Nov 6, 2017 9:14 PM
Nov 2017
@Cloe900311 xD xD Awww that's too cute. I would have loved to see the look on Seiya's face- I think he adores her. *OMG blushes furiously

Nov 6, 2017 9:33 PM

Apr 2016
@UmeTagaki When I watched the anime 3 years ago, Nagisa and Seiya were my ideal couple! :P Eiki Eiki established them nicely. <33 When I look at Nagisa and Seiya, it feels as if they're always in the honeymoon phase, or that they never fell out of love. It's clear that the two place the effort to nurture their relationship. :) - And yes, Seiya definitely adores Nagisa. <33
Nov 6, 2017 9:50 PM
Nov 2017
@Cloe900311 OMG that's actually it- they are always in their honeymoon phase 😂😂 Sometimes I thought they always had Rei and Shougo to take care of Izumi and that maybe they had him too early, but Seiya cares and knows the sensitive/expressive side to his son, and Nagisa still worried about him. Now that I think about it Eiki Eiki did bring it full circle seeing as Izumi was never really neglected and he turned out alright :) Albeit dependent in a cute way (he does develop as a cxharacter towards the end)

Wow! 3 years ago! Your memory of the characters is great, they must have made a good impression ;)
Nov 6, 2017 10:08 PM

Apr 2016
@UmeTagaki Me? Good memory? Why thank you! :) Maya Angelou did say, "People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Nagisa and Seiya are a memorable couple to me, because it's rare to find married parents who are still in their honeymoon phase like them. Seiya and Nagisa are openly affectionate with each other too. xD When Rei first came to the Sena family...you see that Nagisa really trusts Seiya's decisions. Personally, I would probably not have been okay, with a stranger coming to live in my house for who knows how long. :P

Do you think maybe Seiya and Nagisa had Shougo too early? Shougo and Izumi are seven years apart. @.@ Although, yes, Nagisa and Seiya probably had more alone time than the average parents, thanks to Shougo and Rei who took care of Izumi. :)

I'm honestly reminded of that time, Seiya sat on the couch, reading an English script. Nagisa came from behind, and glanced down to see that her husband was reading a non-Japanese script. They dived into a conversation about Izumi, since Nagisa was worried about him, and Seiya reassured her that he was fine. <- It's little moments like these, that I find simple and sweet. :)

It's great to see Izumi confidently work as an actor, and he did initiate sex with Ryouma, haha! XD
Nov 7, 2017 12:42 PM
Nov 2017
@Cloe900311 That's a beautiful quote. Indeed, I got the impression that nothing could ever really be that bad if they had each other.

Oh, sorry, I think I meant Izumi. Whoops! I actually forgot that they already had Shougo- they look like such youthful parents! xD (To be honest, when there was that flashback of Rei in the alleyway, I thought it was Shougo who came to save him and take him to the hospital- without that moustache, Seiya could so be Shougo's twin, hehe!)

Nov 7, 2017 5:34 PM

Apr 2016
@UmeTagaki Maya Angelou's words were very true. <33 I think it's the emotions you felt, that stay, even if you forget what happened.

I like that Nagisa and Seiya have such open communication! Nagisa may be viewed as too demanding, and Seiya could be viewed as too passive. But it's great that Seiya adores Nagisa, so he listens and follows her requests. Meanwhile, Nagisa appreciates Seiya who's always keeping an eye on his family. I like how well Nagisa and Seiya complement each other. :)

Nagisa and Seiya do look young... I'm guessing that they're in their 40s. xD I totally agree - younger Seiya and present Shougo could pass as twins. @.@ In the Back Stage!! manga, you'll see what happened after Seiya approached Rei in the alleyway. :) I liked Seiya even before, to see his kindness to a complete stranger. - I think anyone would have walked pass Rei. There's even an image of rich people who neglect the poor, because they can't sympathize with what it's like to have no money at all. So, really, Rei was lucky to be approached by Seiya. LOL, if I were Rei, and if Seiya was single, I would have pursued him! XD Seiya was the ideal love-at-first-sight in that alleyway! <3
Nov 8, 2017 12:05 AM
Nov 2017
@Cloe900311 Yeah, definitely! As parents they aged so well! :P

I'll have to read Back Stage!! soon to see that- I'm surely going to swoon, I remember seeing Rei's hair in the anime- and without his glasses- whoo! *fanning my face he was so attractive XD

Also, I just watched Love Stage OVA and it is so cute! Seiya has a small role in the episode, but no Nagisa :'( Still, he just has a mature presence and it was great to hear his voice.

I recommend watching it if you have time XDXD I was tearing up because Izumi is the cutest, I'll even say bravest adolescent ever in that episode XD

Nov 19, 2017 9:26 PM

Apr 2016
@UmeTagaki You're fangirling over younger Rei's appearance! XDD I like the way younger Seiya looks! And yeah, I watched the OVA. Seiya was in the same film as Ryouma. I wish we saw Nagisa! >< I wanted to see the parents' reaction when they learned that Ryouma and Izumi are dating... ;D
Nov 21, 2017 11:41 PM
Nov 2017
Cloe900311 said:
I wish we saw Nagisa! >< I wanted to see the parents' reaction when they learned that Ryouma and Izumi are dating... ;D

@Cloe900311 OMG yess!! They'd so support it XD Especially Nagisa! She'd be thrilled that her cute son was with an equally cute and talented actor like Ryouma. Hehe.
Dec 8, 2017 7:00 PM

Apr 2016
@UmeTagaki It's really nice when parents are supportive of their children, regardless of their sexuality and intimate relationships. This is another reason why I adore Seiya and Nagisa. I would not be surprised if the two know that their sons are dating men. x)
Dec 11, 2017 10:19 PM
Nov 2017
[quote=Cloe900311 message=53305038]@UmeTagaki It's really nice when parents are supportive of their children, regardless of their sexuality and intimate relationships.

@Cloe900311
Definitely, and beyond that, it’s so important that parents are in fact supportive of their children. Of course, it can be hard to let go of the idea that you rear them up and they want to go in a different path than what you expected, but then again it is their life. The fact their children, Izumi and Shougo, feel so strongly about who they love, I think, means that they raised them right; wholesome human beings who can love others.

**LOL, sorry. I feel really strongly towards the relationship parents have with their children. It's so important because those relationships are what form a person in the early stages of their life.
Dec 11, 2017 11:36 PM

Apr 2016
Is there any straight couple in this anime ?
Dec 13, 2017 10:14 PM

Apr 2016
@Swagernator Nagisa Sena and Seiya Sena are the heterosexual couple of this story. Despite the focus being on the homosexual couples, this heterosexual couple is my favourite! I hope you like them too. :)

@UmeTagaki You praised my favourite couple... ;_____: Indeed, they are good human beings and raised their sons to be decent people as well! <3 I agree that the relationship parents have with their children is important, and if they are filled with love and care, the children may grow up to be great people. :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2014

42 by sanjiT___T »»
Jan 7, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2014

137 by nanajp »»
Jan 1, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

onoda - Jul 9, 2014

155 by nanajp »»
Jan 1, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dmrch - Jul 30, 2014

72 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dmrch - Jul 23, 2014

87 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 22, 2023 9:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.