Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2017 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The return of the chupacabra mask! I missed that thing and glad to see it again in the finale.

This episode celebrates the idea of tourism and ties together together everything with the characters. Hell, even Erika wants to be there now with the others. Oh I also love how lively this episode turned out with the music and all the little things going on in the background. I also love the part when the main cast came together for a celebration.

Sakura Quest turned out to be a pretty good show imo at the end. Very underrated but I found the idea of the anime to be thoughtful. 8/10.
Sep 20, 2017 8:32 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
The chupacabra will be missed. An excellent show, it was a great ride and a privilege watching it

Sep 20, 2017 8:34 AM

Dec 2012
I already miss this show(ᵕ̣̣̣̣̣̣﹏ᵕ̣̣̣̣̣̣)
Sep 20, 2017 9:08 AM

Oct 2015
Dang it ended too soon. Most underrated show of the past season, it's sad most people didn't like as much as I did. I had doubts in the first half but it managed to clearall of it in the 2nd half, and whenever the 2nd ED plays in the background at the end of each episode when something happens, I always get teary eyed. Good show 8/10
Sep 20, 2017 9:20 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly seeing Yoshino in an aircraft was funny, she doesn't seem to like flying.
Anyway it was a nice anime and a nice ending.

The girls learned a lot from each other and it seems the town was in a better shape when Yoshino left so she did achieve a lot.
Not to mention all those people seeing her off.
Sep 20, 2017 9:43 AM

Sep 2009
Really, one of the most underrated shows of the year. I feel bad that lot of people ignored it. I just hope that PAW will make another original next year.
Sep 20, 2017 9:55 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Really damn good ending, the train scene with everyone driving next to her was excellent!

Every character got screentime and it had good amount of comedy in it as well.

It had great moments throughout the show but also lulls that were, i dare to say, boring to me. I could not get into the show fully (majorly cause of little parts in the first half and almost the whole last half which dragged a fair bit).

Decent show, but i feel like nothing memorable for me in the future.
Sep 20, 2017 10:01 AM

Aug 2013
Excellent finale. Loved the episode from start to finish. The festival seem to have been a success and Ririko's singing was amazing. The girls also figured out what they want to do.

The ending where everyone said there goodbyes was touching, especially old man Kadota.

Overall, it was a good show and I enjoyed every episode of it. It was fun watching the girls try various ideas to help revitalise the town. They all had their time to shine and so did minor characters like Erika. Of course, the best character goes to none other than Sandal-san. I’m going to miss seeing that guy. 8/10

Sep 20, 2017 10:03 AM

Apr 2016
And so it ended, good show.
Sep 20, 2017 10:05 AM

Nov 2016
Leo_10 said:
Excellent finale. Loved the episode from start to finish. The festival seem to have been a success and Ririko's singing was amazing. The girls also figured out what they want to do.

The ending where everyone said there goodbyes was touching, especially old man Kadota.

Overall, it was a good show and I enjoyed every episode of it. It was fun watching the girls try various ideas to help revitalise the town. They all had their time to shine and so did minor characters like Erika. Of course, the best character goes to none other than Sandal-san. I’m going to miss seeing that guy. 8/10

Lol,you you pretty much summed it up.

Great show and one of the very best this year, going to miss this so hard, it even left me with wet eyes.

8/10

Aah, fuck it, after rewatching the last segment I just have to bump it up to a 9.
FMmatronSep 20, 2017 10:22 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 20, 2017 10:05 AM

Jul 2016
Tears in my eyes. Simply the best anime this one whole year.

My Queen Yoshino decided to leave Manoyama. Looks to me like it's somewhere south. Tanned Yoshino is simply stunning.

Applause for PA Works for this excellent series. Their 3 industry theme shows not surprisingly are my top 3 slice of life anime ever. Obviously with Sakura Quest at the perch.

It might be 7.2x here on MAL, it's 10/10 in my heart. The best ever.

If you love Sakura Quest, you may join the fan club here
otterman965Sep 20, 2017 10:22 AM
Sep 20, 2017 10:12 AM

Jun 2017
It has been a fun ride. I am so glad I decided to pick this up.

Probably one of my top favorite Slice of Lifes.

I was glad to see most of the town get some screen time. I will miss them all.

Sandal-san with the outro.
Sep 20, 2017 10:23 AM

Dec 2016
The quality was dropped a bit on final eps, but luckily only in the beginning part only...

If there is another season / sequel will watch it...
HiddenArmySep 20, 2017 11:20 AM
Sep 20, 2017 10:26 AM

Dec 2014
Great finale, the festival went well and the final farewell with the 1st ED playing in the background was beautiful.

The foreign dude was funny. xD

Overall, I really enjoyed this show and what it presented regarding culture and the attitude of different generations towards it. The characters were really lovable and the show had a lot of beautiful moments. If anything, I think the last quarter dragged a bit but apart from that I loved almost everything else. It's kinda strange when you think about it, it's not Manoyama itself that changed but the people in it and I really loved how that ideal of changing and embracing the times but never losing your identity was presented.

8/10
Lelouch0202Sep 20, 2017 10:38 AM
Sep 20, 2017 10:38 AM

Mar 2013
The festival and the town to revive/rescue was a full success of Yoshino and the others, the hard efforts behind did well paid out: wasn't always easy (especially with the death of the old man...), but the girls didn't withdrawn - they did the problems faced, and well managed... Well done!

It seems that Maki-chan soon an sister-in-law gets...xD

And I guess that Yoshino-chan as "heroine" to the next mission moved is (probably somewhere in Okinawa)...xD

Well, this was indeed a fun ride with Yoshino and the others, I'll of course this show miss! Because Sakura Quest belongs to the shows/anime's: where you could endlessly watch that, the 25 eps. aren't enough - at least so ~ 50 or 70, but I doubt it that P.A Works so long made had...

But nevertheless I'd not mind an 2nd season to get (OF COURSE I WANNA IT!!!)
Sep 20, 2017 10:41 AM

Sep 2013
The neumann guy is found and the play is a success.
Everyone is going to do their own thing, aoi getting a good send off by everyone and decides to go helping towns across the world :'( 8/10

ichii_1Sep 20, 2017 11:07 AM
Sep 20, 2017 10:50 AM

Feb 2014
Goddamnit! Didn't think I would tear up during Yoshino's decoronation(?) ceremony, and even more when everyone showed up at the station to send her off.

All in all this was a pretty fun and quite heartwarming show. 8/10.

The only problem I had with the show was, Yoshino was a little too much of a Aoi Miyamori clone (her personality, her backstory/background, motivation in life, or lack thereof), right down to her character design. But she grew on over the course of the show, especially during the final few episodes.
Sep 20, 2017 10:51 AM

Apr 2014
This is literally one of the best series this year in my opinion. The plot seems relatively simple if you look at it. But the way how it was done with certain drama with slice of life themes. It looked perfect to me. It gives the signs of problems and growing up for a person. Many might've gave up and dropped it because it was too boring or so. But I am glad I stuck with it and watched it to the very end. One of best works that the anime company has done that I seen so far. The insert song and the ending song got me wanting to cry because it was the end. Had a lot of fun. One of the best series I have watched this year of anime 2017. I give it 8/10 on this one. Had fun and loved it. Hope you all have a gooood day. Peace out! Bye-bye! Tu tu ruuuuuu!
Sep 20, 2017 10:55 AM

Jun 2015
What an awesome finale. The festival was a success. Ririko's singing was beautiful. Yoshino had a lot of fun in Manoyama, but it's time for her to move on. The girls figured out what they want to do as well. Everyone saying goodbye was emotional. This was truly an amazing show. I loved everything about it and I'm going to miss it. 8/10
Sep 20, 2017 11:00 AM
Nov 2016
Wow, that was a pretty solid ending.

The show started off well but got a little slow paced in the middle but it ended on a high.

The feeling of wanting to leave something behind and to find a place which we can always return to, everyone shares this and that's what made this show relatable.
Sep 20, 2017 11:02 AM
Jun 2016
I'm so happy I watched this, mentioned it last week I think, I came into this thinking it was another isekai, that the twist would be that she was a real queen of a small kingdom, or going to another world :> But I'm so hppy it was more then that :>

I really hope we get some specials and OVA's, and heck I would love a sequel where we see more of the main chars journey, maybe her helping another town heh.
wolfwingSep 20, 2017 11:07 AM
Sep 20, 2017 11:31 AM

Oct 2015
I shed a tear when Yoshino was in the train with everyone giving their farewells... In my opinion this episode couldn't have been better! I was hoping they'd play the first opening in the end but in this anime all theme songs are great so I'm ok with it.

Sakura Quest is without a doubt, and I'm glad I saw other people pointing it out here, one of the most underrated series I've seen in a big while. When I made a post about it about halfway throught the show, most people were just shittalking it, but I'm glad to see how much it grew on those who stuck with it until the end! :)

This is probably the best anime about multiculturalism, on top of covering very current subjects like technology and how it affects its story and characters directly (grannies using Youtube for the win ahah). Glad P.A. Works gave us the chance to witness such an inspiring and chill episodic series filled with endearing characters and a lot of meaning behind it.
Sep 20, 2017 11:39 AM

Jun 2016
Finally. It's over.

Had nice OP's and ED's and Sakura was likable, but this show was just too boring for me. Story didn't interest me, didn't care about any single character and it was just so... ehh. I'm sorry, I just really don't understand the love for this anime. 3/10
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Sep 20, 2017 12:13 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The last 5 mins gave me all kinds of feels.....I'm happy that everyone decided what they want to do and I wish them all the best

Gonna miss this show a lot :(
Sep 20, 2017 12:21 PM

Jan 2016
Wow, what a ride! At the start of the show I was bored to death, that's mostly because I didn't see this anime the way it was supposed to be seen. And now I almost cried at the end.

One of the best finales I've seen in a long time! Emotinal and beautiful that wrapped everything up in a satisfying way! Praise
Sep 20, 2017 12:31 PM

Oct 2015
Yaboku said:
Finally. It's over.

Had nice OP's and ED's and Sakura was likable, but this show was just too boring for me. Story didn't interest me, didn't care about any single character and it was just so... ehh. I'm sorry, I just really don't understand the love for this anime. 3/10
"Sakura was likable"? What are you even talking about?
Sep 20, 2017 12:33 PM
Feb 2012
Some of the most boringshit ever conceived by man! Hoping PA Works next project has more substance.
Sep 20, 2017 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, this might be one of the best written SoL anime out there.

Everything is just so natural, nothing exaggerated, nothing fancy, but very striking at many parts that I can relate to, especially the girls' concern about the future. Like Shiori on marriage or Sanae on finding her identity. There's also a lot of realism and subtext about value of culture, heritage, and such. It felt like I was watching a quality j-drama rather than an anime. Thanks P.A. Works. Thanks Alexander Celibidache or whoever the guy behind this writing. 9/10.
Sep 20, 2017 12:34 PM

Feb 2014
I knew that the townsfolk of Manoyama would give Yoshino a big sending off, but I was surprised at how well executed the send off scene was. Kadota's passionate farewell to Yoshino made her tear up. It moved me to shed a few tears as well. T_T

I'm glad that the festival was a big success and Ririko nailed it with her song. Very impressive indeed.

It's nice that all of the girls now have a goal that want to work on in the present and in the future now. Disbanding the Kingdom itself was a right call from Kadota, with the residents also together to make Manoyama prosper even as Yoshino leaves the place itself.

Speaking of Yoshino, I think that she's now working for the Momonga Agency, probably helping other communities revive and also prosper I'm guessing. =)

All in all, Sakura Quest will probably go down as one of the most underrated shows this year. Personally, Hanasaku Iroha and Shirobako are superior shows, but Sakura Quest did a wonderful job with the character development for the large cast as well as many important points about multiculturalism and other things too.

8/10 will be my overall score for the show, and Yoshino looks super hot with her tanned look at the end. =3
Sep 20, 2017 12:56 PM

Nov 2011
Super cute finale, the train scene was right in the feels ç.ç

Yoshino will continue to be a queen but somewhere else. Hopefully she won't get guillotined lol.

I was hoping we would get some insight about the real Alexander, like some post text or something, oh well.

Too bad few people seemed to like this show. As a slice of life fan, this felt very sincere and real in it's execution. PA Works is a hit or miss studio for me and this is definitely a hit.
Baby, daijobanai...
Sep 20, 2017 1:00 PM

Dec 2014
Holy shit this last episode was perfect. I didn't even like this show but this whole last episode had me tearing up. This might be the best ending to a show this year, amazing.

5/10
Sep 20, 2017 1:16 PM

Jan 2011
Will miss this show.
Sep 20, 2017 1:23 PM
Jul 2017
Great anime ending, the finale episode was really perfect and it even got me all teary eyed.

Sep 20, 2017 1:36 PM
Aug 2016
The anime may not be perfect but it had become one of my most enjoyable series this year. it was a gem. i loved everything about it. I already miss it. ;-----;
Sep 20, 2017 1:47 PM

Oct 2010
Everyone already said what I wanted to. It wasn't an outright amazing anime like I felt Hanasaku and Shirobako were, but it was still one of the best anime of the year. I think a lot of what it did ended up going over the heads of a lot of people so they didn't enjoy it. But even ignoring all the meaningful things related to multiculturalism. it one of the most endearing cast of characters in recent years, a fantastic soundtrack, great theme songs from (K)NoW_NAME, and beautiful scenery. Love it.
Sep 20, 2017 2:08 PM

Sep 2015
I knew it since the first episodes that I would cry at the end
The beginning was a bit slow but I do believe this show will never get old and I really hope a lot people will watch it

Sep 20, 2017 2:16 PM

Jan 2014
I thought it was unecessary to show the full dragon song again. Really, it's not that good a song at all.

That aside, it was quite a good ending, but where exactly did Yoshino go? Okinawa? Is she going to do the same promotion routine again?

8/10

Leo_10 said:
Of course, the best character goes to none other than Sandal-san. I’m going to miss seeing that guy. 8/10

Also, Sandal-san x Shiori OTP!
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 20, 2017 2:29 PM

Aug 2017
Man I'm seriously going to freaking miss this anime. I've only started watching around when 20 or so eps were already released so it was nice to watch it whenever and not have to wait.

Everything this episode was great and seeing Yoshino say good-bye to the town she helped grow and the new friends she's been with teared me up.

The ending, while heart-wrenching, is satisfying as everyone has found a goal towards the future! Specifically Yoshino, since it looks like she'll be "Queen" again of a coast town and possibly more towns. Wishfully thinking this'll give a season 2 or at least an OVA/Movie.

Sep 20, 2017 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
Just glad to see that the series ended on a happy note, glad that Yoshino and the tourist's boards efforts payed off after 1 year, it's bittersweet to say farewell to this series but you know... thank you Sakura Quest for giving me an enjoyable experience, also thank you P.A. Works for giving me another light-hearted series that I enjoyed

8/10

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Sep 20, 2017 2:37 PM

Jan 2014
EGOIST said:
and whenever the 2nd ED plays in the background at the end of each episode when something happens, I always get teary eyed.

Wait, you mean when ED2 started playing when the episode had not yet fully ended right? Not in playing extra in the background halfway through an episode? Never noticed this consciously, did they not do that with ED1 then?
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 20, 2017 2:40 PM

May 2015
It feels like those 25 weeks went by faster than Yoshino's year in Manoyama...

I loved Shirobako which is why I was really looking forward to this before it aired, and although I prefer Shirobako, I definitely wasn't disappointed by this. I looked forward to it every week and although it was nothing groundbreaking, I felt like it didn't have to be. It did it's job as an industry slice of life anime well. I'm definitely gonna miss this and all the characters. 8/10 for me, and a really nice last episode. It's clear that people's opinions on this are mixed though, which I think is fair.

On a side note, as well as Shirobako I see a lot of people comparing it to Hanasaku Iroha. I've never seen it but I guess I'll have to pick that up sometime soon then.

♡ artist
サコ
Sep 20, 2017 3:00 PM

Dec 2016
Nice festival.

Ririko's singing was great.

I almost teared up whenever Yoshino did during the episode.

I though it was awesome how everyone came to say goodbye to her as she left.

So she decided to do the same thing at another place, 2nd season maybe?

I enjoyed this series from start to finish, I will miss this and all the characters, it was a lot of fun and quite the emotional ride at times.
Sep 20, 2017 3:37 PM

May 2014
Beautiful anime, I loved every minute of it. PA Works really hits this 'working girls' genre home and I'm so happy that they do. The characters were great, the main girls were fantastic and so easy to grow attached to. I also loved the sheer variety of outfits and different clothing we saw all the girls in. Both OPs and EDs were amazing. Production value was consistently high with seldom few little dips.

I will truly miss these girls, watching this always became a very relaxing time for me and it's down-to-earth nature felt constantly relatable. Everything was well-rounded and came to a clean, resolved ending. I personally have no reason to not give this a 10/10.
Sep 20, 2017 4:41 PM

May 2015
And so the show ends, and with that, the journey as well. I'm really going to miss this wonderful show. The simplicity and sense of realism kept me entertained and immersed throughout the show and the girl's "quest" from start till end.

I find it unfortunate how many people expected it to be another Shirobako. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the same, but those expectations fortunately, and gradually, disappeared with the show's progression.

Really an underrated and underwatched gem. It managed to shine through with its own identity, just like both Hanasaku Iroha and Shirobako did, and with that, I think it's without a doubt on the same level as those two.

10/10. Can't get any more genuine than this in my opinion. Hope to see P.A. Works produce more these kinds of shows in the future.

Sep 20, 2017 5:06 PM

Jul 2012
As an adult watching this was so rewarding and great. Love it, love it, love it.
And really glad it was NOT like Hanasaku Iroha as that show was too much soap opera-ish for me, so meh XD

10/10

Sep 20, 2017 6:19 PM

Jun 2012
I wasnt a huge fan of this while it was airing but now that it has ended, I feel like I did enjoy this. Pleasant show.
Sep 20, 2017 6:24 PM

Jan 2016
The story is not really that good and could get boring sometimes, but the execution of the ending was so amazing.

They make a good conclusion about the whole story and made me feel like it's not a waste of time at all. It makes me want to rate it higher than before unlike a certain Re:* anime~
Sep 20, 2017 6:34 PM

Aug 2016
It's over deym >.< The send-off scene brought tears to mah eyes. Gonna miss Yoshino. Also looks like she got a tan from her next work as dictator queen.

Overall, the show had some really boring parts but I liked it when they talk about the importance of the town's identity i.e. Yoshino's speeches.

7/10

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Sep 20, 2017 6:35 PM

Oct 2013
The last episode was a great finale. They really wrapped up the entire story and gave everyone a future plan. Riri's singing and the song's lyrics were very nice.

I would have scored Sakura Quest an 8/10, but the last few episodes push it up to an 8.5/10.
Sep 20, 2017 6:48 PM

Jan 2011
said it time and time again this was quite underrated

while the subject matter wasn't all that exciting to some people it was nice seeing such a positive outcome on what seemed like a impossible goal

perfect ending didn't have any problems with it kinda reminded me of P4 which makes me sad (Never more works with it )

Sakura quest had a solid full female crew while all of them were great pay respects to the actual best girl Shiori ,sandal-san was legit too

also thank you for giving us one of the best EDs this year
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:28 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2017

73 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.