Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2017 5:09 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The grand finale, the moment the whole (ok, the vast majority) of this series was about.

The moment was quite beautiful, and I could feel Porphy's joy myself after all these episodes watching him, first during his peaceful life and then during his hard travels. Remembering everyone from his journey was really nice touch, because the whole series kinda flashed through my eyes at that time. So yeah, a pretty beautiful reunion.

That said, I did end up missing something.... Some form of epilogue! I felt the ending was kinda abrupt. Like, I don't ask for much, maybe even just text saying what happened afterwards or something of the sort.

Shame we didn't get something like that, but overall speaking, Porphy was an outstanding series... I simply love this WMT stuff I guess.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Jan 18, 2019 8:44 PM

Mar 2016
And so it ends.

The beginning was absolutely phenomenal, idyllic village life. And then the spark that starts the whole journey, the tragedy that is the earthquake happens and there's a dip in quality for a long time. As Porphy gets closer to the French border, all of a sudden the series starts to feel whole again, like all of this meandering is starting to mean something. There are some beautiful episodes of Porphy just making his way through the woods, Bernard, meeting people. It starts to get back some brilliance.

I think the peak of this series is when Porphy is in Paris. Everything is fitting into place. Rose and Porphy's little domestic life is ultra-cute if not dysfunctional in a way. Their relationship might be my favorite part of the series. And then they finally meet. You know it's going to happen, but it still gets to you. And, just as abruptly as every other parting, every other meeting on the road, the credits roll. A very imperfect, but beautiful journey, that fits the spontaneity and the abruptness of the events that Porphy experiences and the people he comes in contact with.

If I sleep on it, I'll probably come with a thousand things wrong with this overall, but it certainly leaves a good impression. The fact that I'm hurriedly writing this in the middle of the night after watching the final episode is a good indicator of how these last 10 episodes made me feel.
syncrogazerJan 18, 2019 8:57 PM
Jan 21, 2021 5:16 PM
May 2016
The World Masterpiece Theater animes has wonderful endings.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Porfy no Nagai Tabi Episode 1 Discussion

MagicalEmi - Jan 8, 2008

8 by Luubie »»
Oct 15, 2021 10:13 AM

Poll: » Porphy no Nagai Tabi Episode 50 Discussion

Akai_Shuichi - Sep 12, 2017

1 by Supercuecaaa »»
Mar 10, 2021 10:01 AM

Poll: » Porphy no Nagai Tabi Episode 43 Discussion

Mirorin - Sep 11, 2016

2 by Supercuecaaa »»
Mar 9, 2021 6:34 AM

Poll: » Porphy no Nagai Tabi Episode 30 Discussion

--Phantom - Jan 22, 2021

1 by amarcioz »»
Jan 22, 2021 9:52 AM

Poll: » Porphy no Nagai Tabi Episode 23 Discussion

--Phantom - Jan 20, 2021

1 by amarcioz »»
Jan 21, 2021 5:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.