Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 30, 2017 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm still not sure if I like this Erika girl. Despite her personaltiy, I guess she can get along with some people like Shiori. Her personality still feels really childish imo.

Weather turned out to be pretty bad for this episode. Glad to see they found Anji. I feel like Erika's bro is more mature than her sometimes.
Stark700Aug 30, 2017 11:07 AM
Aug 30, 2017 9:17 AM

Apr 2010
Erika learned about life and the girls learned a few new things about the town.
It's nice how everyone cares about each other in a town something you don't see in cities.
They found the dragon with all the issues around it but it just turned out to be a toy but it was nice that the found it tho.

The question that remains is what are they going to do about the real dragon seeing as no one knows where it is.
Aug 30, 2017 10:55 AM

Apr 2016
Those lights at the end were great idea.
Aug 30, 2017 11:02 AM

Jun 2015
Erika still wants to move out of the country and is making a fuss about it. The weather wasn't so good in this episode. Erika's brother went out to find her to make a wish. It's a good thing he's been found. It was nice of him to want to make Erika's dream come true. The lights are so pretty and it makes the town more lively. The Shining Dragon has been found, but it's just a toy.
Aug 30, 2017 11:04 AM

Aug 2013
Seems like Erika learned her lesson. The way she snapped was funny. Her borther, Anji, was adorable. Going outside in the heavy snow, looking for the dragon to make a wish for her sister to comeback. And that emotional outburst... the feels.

Putting those lantern around was a good idea. Makes the town quite lively. The dragon was toy...

Aug 30, 2017 11:24 AM

Jun 2017
Sandals saves the day by finding Anji.

Erika seems OK to stay home for a bit longer.

Lanterns liven up the town at night.
Aug 30, 2017 12:37 PM

Jul 2016
I'll always appreciate how amazing Angelica's poncho is.
Aug 30, 2017 1:28 PM

Mar 2008
When I was little, I wanted to be a fire truck. Why? Because they are red. LOL
Aug 30, 2017 2:27 PM

Sep 2013
Erika needing pain killers cause of her tooth, Anji left home to wish on the dragon for his sister back.
She still wants to go but he will make manoyama great for her.
Aug 30, 2017 5:00 PM

Aug 2016
Erika's rant after they found Anji was on point. Loved the lights at the end.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Aug 30, 2017 5:17 PM

Oct 2013
It was nice how Erika's tantrum near the end inspired our heroines to gather the toro lanterns to light up the shopping district. It's still a bummer that most of the shops remain empty.

That was one cool articulated dragon toy the trio hid all those years ago.

Erika learns that it's a long way home from her dreams.
Aug 30, 2017 6:16 PM

Dec 2016
I do understand Erika, I once lived in a boring town for a few years and there was a point where I just wanted to get the hell out of there as it was boring which did happen.

Now I live in a big city that I am familiar with and life is great again.

Toy or not, they found the golden dragon.
Aug 30, 2017 6:41 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Neonoia said:
Erika's rant after they found Anji was on point
agreed. As soon as the (?)bus driver(?) said to her that she should stay there and open a 'cool' clothing store, I myself was like "dude, that's the WRONG thing to say to her. You're not helping." Then she ranted. I would have ranted also :D
Aug 30, 2017 6:50 PM

Jan 2014
Not gonna lie, I was slightly bored by this episode. I had to replay some parts because I wasn't paying attention. Either that or I'm really tired. But that ending.. you could say it was... lit.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Aug 30, 2017 6:57 PM

Aug 2016
Cratex said:
Neonoia said:
Erika's rant after they found Anji was on point
agreed. As soon as the (?)bus driver(?) said to her that she should stay there and open a 'cool' clothing store, I myself was like "dude, that's the WRONG thing to say to her. You're not helping." Then she ranted. I would have ranted also :D

True. Btw it's the guy with the bookstore who said that.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Aug 30, 2017 10:38 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode gave me feels
Aug 31, 2017 1:21 AM
Apr 2017
Is it me or this series had make me cry a few times including this ep
Maybe its because im currently set in the similar setting as this show
Aug 31, 2017 1:21 AM

Dec 2013
They found the wrong golden dragon... but in the end the journey was beneficial to everyone involved. Looks like the current residents are realizing that change is needed in order for the town to survive, whilst Yoshino and the other girls are learning more about the town itself, as well as the people who live here.

It was a nice scene when they had to sort out Erika's tooth and the pharmacy lady opened her shop late at night to help. That human touch is just some thing that only a close knit community will have in abundance.

The shopping district with the lanterns really gave it a great atmosphere.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 31, 2017 8:16 AM

Jan 2015
Aaww, so sweet ending for Erika's conflict.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 31, 2017 8:34 AM

Nov 2016
Lol, it was just a toy.

Anji made some trouble, but he really loves his sister. And Sandal was the mvp once again xD

The shopping district lookes a lot more cozy after the lights were brought on.

Overall it was a cute episode, with a bit of feels.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 31, 2017 10:32 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Shiori with her hair down is absolutely <3
I always love it when she talks about how much she loves her town.

Erika sure has pretty strong feelings against staying in Manoyama and I guess you can't exactly say that their wrong from her perspective.
Anji is a sweet little brother. :)

Being from the city myself I don't think I'd be able to live in a place like Manoyama but I respect the people that do.
Aug 31, 2017 11:54 AM

May 2015
I think I almost shed a tear at some point during this episode. That was simply beautiful, touching and heartwarming. Really shows how much the people in the town care about each other.

Also, loved the ending scene.

Aug 31, 2017 12:30 PM

Feb 2014
It was a shame that the buried dragon was just a toy, but at least it looked cool =)

This episode did a nice job at showing the character development for the cast. Anji was desperate to find the dragon to wish for Erika to return home, which caused a panic due to his short disappearance, but the community united in searching for him, despite the blizzard that was hammering the town at the time.

In the end, Erika has returned home and is helping out at the cafe again, although her opinion about wanting to leave Manoyama hasn't changed. The scene between her and Anji was nicely done. =)

The LED lanterns in the shopping district was a brilliant choice. At least at night, it looks pretty and reassuring as well. Overall, this was a nice episode. =D

Also,

Lelouch0202 said:
Shiori with her hair down is absolutely <3.

She does indeed look beautiful with her hair down. She should use that hairstyle more often, personally! =3
Aug 31, 2017 1:56 PM

Dec 2014
Meta_Yoshi said:

Lelouch0202 said:
Shiori with her hair down is absolutely <3.

She does indeed look beautiful with her hair down. She should use that hairstyle more often, personally! =3

I can't support this statement enough, she totally should. xD
Aug 31, 2017 3:15 PM

Apr 2013
Erika is still a brat but Shiori with her hair down is 10/10

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 31, 2017 3:25 PM

Jun 2015
Stark700 said:
I'm still not sure if I like this Erika girl. Despite her personaltiy, I guess she can get along with some people like Shiori. Her personality still feels really childish imo.

She literally is a child, lol. Of course she is going to act childish. I thought I was gonna save the bloody world at her age. I'm actually glad she didn't change her mind, a lot more realistic this way.

Reverberate said:
I think I almost shed a tear at some point during this episode. That was simply beautiful, touching and heartwarming. Really shows how much the people in the town care about each other.

Also, loved the ending scene.

I 100% shed tears. Anji saying he missed his sister was so nice. I live in Canada and my older sister is all the way over in Australia right now and I miss her all the time. We used to fight a lot when we were younger, but she my only sister and I'll always love her. Granted I'm almost 30 and this kid is like 10, but it still got me emotionally. She just came back and visited for a couple of weeks in July, and I didn't tear up when she left (though she was an emotional wreck), but definitely was sad to see her disappear again for a while; this ep reminded me of that. Everyone has to make their own dreams happen though, and she's trying to live hers. Like the guys said at the end, no one else is going to do it for you.
Aug 31, 2017 5:44 PM

Sep 2013
6/5- Shiori with her hair down and bathing (though we didn't see much). I had dreamed of that moment for many moons, but unfortunately we just get to hear Erika talk about how her moons were floating.

Glad to see Erika back home. She's still kinda bratty though but I can forgive her since she's still in middle school. I also liked that she was going to bring gifts back for Shiori whenever she visits Tokyo. I wish I had a little brother like Anji though. My little bro just eats everything I buy and leaving it in his room for me to smell.

That light idea actually turned out pretty well. I was thinking how the hell lights would make things better but now that they're up, the district looks so much better now. With the lights it actually looks more welcoming rather than dark and gloomy at night.

Aug 31, 2017 7:12 PM

Jan 2011
Shiori with her hair down is a blessing of good things to come glad i'm not one of the few to acknowledge this

episode had a very family vibe to it Erika's babyraging was great shes a little brat but good at ranting lol
Sep 1, 2017 3:38 AM

Mar 2013
This was one heartfelt good episode~

I bet you guys have at least once... at least once have thought about how people bear up living in the countryside, when you're so accustomed to your city life.
I won't deny.... Whenever I had to go to my home town during vacations, the thought came across my mind many times and the time during stay passed like it'll take eternity... to see anime adapting the whole idea and dream of someone who wants to explore the outside world so sensibly, it makes you glad you picked a good show while you enjoy the moment with a smile on your face :')

I teared up watching it. It was touching :')

Just three more episodes remain. And I'm going to miss it.
Sep 1, 2017 8:41 AM

Jun 2016
I can't believe I finally caught up with this anime before it finished airing. Ugh. What a great journey watching this anime. <3

Poor Anji. Look at what you did, Erika. Glad she finally calm down and decided to act like a decent person, and not a bitch. Hahaha! Anji's so sweet, though. Ugh. I want to hug him.

Sandal saves the day again. Yaaay! :D

Apparently, what the 3 gentlemen buried there was just a toy golden dragon. Goddamnit. Haha!

And omfg that lantern thing from the elders' village they brought it to the shopping district. Kyaaaa! Idk why, but it really warms my heart. It was so beautiful. <3

Love love love this episode so much! :3

P.S. Seriously, I love Sandal's monologue during the preview. Hihihi! You dreamt of being a fire truck? Do it, Sandal! Be my fire truck. Hahaha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 1, 2017 11:15 AM

Jan 2013
I keep getting distracted by the one sub that puts tanuki as monkey.

It bothered me a lot in episode 17 and it still does here in 22.
Sep 1, 2017 12:05 PM

Oct 2010
Erika is a goddess and Tomoyo Kurosawa owned this episode.

But can someone please explain to me why the idiots translating this keep translating "tanuki" as "monkey"? That's not even freaking close to accurate at all. Tanuki are their own animal and should be translated properly into "racoon dog" or kept as "tanuki". This is the 3rd episode this has happened in and it's driving me nuts. It's literally ruining some of my enjoyment in this show. As the comment before me said, it's distracting.
Sep 1, 2017 2:13 PM

Feb 2008
Sandal was still as random as ever. Regardless, all is well that ends well. Erika even managed to overcome her obsession of leaving Manoyama. The lanterns were a fine idea, those truly made the town a lot livelier.
Sep 1, 2017 6:57 PM

Jul 2016
Dang, got the feels. Can't just hate Erika, since she just want her dream to came true not on her town, but in a city with many people who had the same interest as her. Although its childish, its because she's still young and not that aware what awaits her in the city. Also, the adults are the one at fault, since if only they work hard enough to prevent the town from being boring for the kind of young ones like erika, those young onea wont just decided on their own to leave the town.
Sep 2, 2017 11:38 AM

Sep 2016
erika is the only one with the right mindset, everyone else is just boring deadweight with no motivation
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 3, 2017 4:50 AM

Jul 2015
I enjoyed Erika's stay with the main cast. And now that we've had some nice family bonding, they just need to find the actual Shinning Dragon thing and get that festival going to finish this anime off.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 3, 2017 10:40 AM

Jun 2013
Nice ending to this arc!
3 episodes left!
Sep 3, 2017 11:55 PM

Aug 2013
Who gives a fuck about Erika or the lanterns in town.

The real important part was best waifu Shiori had her hair down this episode and it was fucking glorious.

Guess that means this is AOTY now.

Oh and, as if we didn't already know, hers are big enough to float in the tub.
Sep 4, 2017 1:57 PM

Sep 2015
All in all really solid episode as always. I got weirdly excited when they brought up the crepe story again. And I found the overall message it was trying to convey. About the power of small businesses to be well intentioned and well conveyed. But I had one minor gripe with this episode that's just nagged at me. Why was it like a big reveal for them that the little boy was looking for the Dragon? They were talking about it with him earlier. And he wrote something about wishes in his running away letter. How was it not immediately obvious what he'd set out to do? Characters not using their heads always throws me off. Especially in a show where the characters are usually kind of sharp.

I will say this was a pretty good arc for Shiori. Sort of wish she'd come to a different conclusion. Just since they brought up her doubts and insecurities AGAIN. But her reaffirmation she loves her hometown was sweet. And she did look super pretty with her hair down. for the record.
Sep 5, 2017 10:06 AM

Aug 2012
Jonesy974 said:
The real important part was best waifu Shiori had her hair down this episode and it was fucking glorious.

Damn right! She should keep it that way, it looks beautiful.
Sep 5, 2017 12:48 PM
Sep 2015
Such a great fanservice opportunity... lost.
Sep 13, 2017 1:45 AM

Mar 2009
Shiori is pure waifu material.
Sep 18, 2017 2:56 AM

Jul 2009
Erika's brother was a sweetheart! The girls had a nice idea about the lights in the commercial district.
Oct 1, 2017 12:51 PM

Mar 2016
I think this show is a bit rushed, some problems are somewhat forced to be solved. Still a good episode though, finally heard the end of Maki's story
kikiabdullOct 10, 2017 6:53 AM
Oct 10, 2017 6:46 AM

Oct 2012
Aww, Anji.. I didn't plan to feel this episode :(
But what that kid said is just nice.. way too nice
What a sweetheart

I like ending, it's bright just like their smiles <3

Oh Sandal-san, you want to be a firetruck too? Just like Elsie from KamiNomi? xD
"Signature removed"
Nov 2, 2017 7:52 PM

May 2012
Nice resolve in that end, quite liked it! Up to the last three episodes!
Nov 11, 2017 2:04 PM

Oct 2012
If they did one episode right, it was this one. It was bit predictable what would happened but the end was still nice and touching.

Anyway, if they want to save the city they really need new families to come there. There are very few children and it's obvious no children means no future.
Dec 20, 2017 3:48 PM

Nov 2013
Why do people hate Erika? She is like 13, what do you expect?
Jan 17, 2018 4:28 PM

Aug 2012
-maybe maki wasn't pulling a scheherezade and just legitimately ran out of time telling the story
-wow what did shiori do to get that outburst
-the little exchange about dreams at angelica's was pretty nice
-yoshino has mom status now
-that's a uh... pretty weird way to resolve the erika arc
-what is going on
-did erika shit the couch
- F A M I L Y V A L U E S
-i will say the worldbuiling of this show is something it consistently does pretty well
-anji is fucking dead
-what would manoyama ever do without sandal-san
-that was cute
-now that i think about it, the erika arc is actually pretty thematically important, even if it kind of fell under my expectations
-ah yes there's the disinterested erika i used to know
- C H A R A C T E R D E V E L O P M E N T
-the whole blending of cultures is also part of the reason why i like this show's worldbuilding
-something something the true treasure was the lessons they learned along the way
-that toy's in pretty good shape after 30 years though

I happened to think that the whole Erika arc fell pretty flat, all things considered. The toothache seemed pretty out of place to me, although I kinda respect the intent behind it, which served to open up the floor to how Manoyama could be more welcoming to people of all ages. I thought the episode was pretty decent in principle, but not so much in execution, for the most part. I did enjoy the little discussion about dreams the three stooges had with the other people in the cafe, more specifically the story about how Noge acquired the bookstore he currently owns. That story just pretty much summarized Manoyama's whole schtick about continuing traditions (for the most part) and being self-made. I also did like what they did with the lanterns in the shopping district because that was also pretty characteristic of all the Manoyaman revitalization efforts and how they used old concepts or traditions and turn them into something new. Other than these two aspects of the episode, the rest of it wasn't too noteworthy.
Mar 27, 2018 5:24 PM

Sep 2011
I like Erika quite a lot, I'm happy she got her own little arc. Kurosawa Tomoyo's performance was once again great, especially at the scene where Erika threw a tantrum :'D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

182 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:28 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2017

73 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.