Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 15, 2008 4:14 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was the first good H2O episode. Even though it was crazy that even Hirose started to punch Hayami, but the guy's totally lost it now anyway.

How they approached the whole thing was interesting though, seeing that everything Hirose experienced didn't happen like that. Otoha should play a big role there.

I thought I couldn't dislike the Grandfather more but he'd even shoot Hayami! I'm not sure how Hirose managed to stop him but yeah, I'm not wondering about these things anymore.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 15, 2008 5:17 PM

Jan 2007
*heads desk*

Seriously, I should've saw that coming a mile away. Of course it was an illusion, if I only had paid more attention. So the shock value was a little bit higher for me due to the fact that I had not aniticipated it.

Anyways, this episode was pretty nutty, really enjoyed it.
Mar 15, 2008 5:28 PM

Nov 2007
A very good and impressionant episode !
The start with Hayami who was punch ... even by Hirose (he become mad ! <_<)
It's always Hayomi who pay the madness of the others ... I was very afraid when Hotaru's grandfather shout !!

Mar 15, 2008 5:41 PM

Aug 2007
Hmm an illusion? I don't really believe it though I don't really disprove of it either. I always thought that it was because of a supernatural thing.

Good episode. Takuma has totally lost his senses now. The villiage elder really sucks and that I was shocked when he was the one to order the death of Hayami. I would have assumed that those two would just do it by themselves. Hmm I wonder how this will end now.
Mar 15, 2008 5:51 PM

Jun 2007
Hirose is nuts now and that's all that matters lol. If only he had an AK47.

I still think the series/story is pretty so so. This episode was one of the few that where good. The whole town is still f*cken nuts for hating a girl because of what her family did in the past.

BTW. I'm not really sure if it was all an illusion. None of the girls liked Hayami at the start or the series before Hirose could even see, but now they do. Also all the events leading up to him loosing his eyes again really did happen. So I think theres more to the story that we haven't been told yet.
Mar 15, 2008 6:16 PM

Dec 2007
I have a weird theory cooking up.

No, I don't think it's an illusion, instead, this is what I think.

I think the fact that Takuma doesn't accept the fact that his mom was driven to suicide by Hayami's parents that he lost his eye sight again which also reverted everything to make it look like he was never able to see to begin with. For all we know, he's probably still in a deep sleep just dreaming about this fighting what he should be protecting which is probably why he said mother when he was was able to protect Hayami from the riffle that village elder tried to fired.

I bet everything will go back to normal with Takuma, being able to see again, and Hayami getting married and what not at the end (well... probably not married but you get the point).
Mar 15, 2008 6:20 PM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:

BTW. I'm not really sure if it was all an illusion. None of the girls liked Hayami at the start or the series before Hirose could even see, but now they do. Also all the events leading up to him loosing his eyes again really did happen. So I think theres more to the story that we haven't been told yet.

hmm,
I just thought that the past events did happen, except the fact that Hirose could see.
I got this from the recap from when Hirose told Hayami that he didn't peek, and she responded by saying "your right, sorry". My guess is that Hirose was actually blind at that time so that would naturally be Hayami's reaction. So Hirose could see would be the illusion that they were talking about.
sengakaeMar 15, 2008 6:25 PM
Mar 15, 2008 6:46 PM

Nov 2007
Hmm, definitely a better episode. I still want a NICE BOAT ending, but I think it's going to end on a happy note anyway.
Mar 15, 2008 7:26 PM

Aug 2007
Darkreaper70 said:
I would have assumed that those two would just do it by themselves. Hmm I wonder how this will end now.

It's just proof that they haven't lost their senses yet. Can't say the same for the Elder. And him calling Hayami a monster was a classic "pot calling the kettle black" moment.

And another thing, I still dont get where all this paranoia is coming from, with the villagers claiming Hayami will destroy the village. The girl has a broken arm, is covered in bandages, and has no money, power, or influence whatsoever. How the hell is she supposed to cause wanton destruction in that condition? Honestly, their fears and suspicions are completely groundless.
Mar 15, 2008 7:43 PM

Jun 2007
shami said:
DeathfireD said:

hmm,
I just thought that the past events did happen, except the fact that Hirose could see.
I got this from the recap from when Hirose told Hayami that he didn't peek, and she responded by saying "your right, sorry". My guess is that Hirose was actually blind at that time so that would naturally be Hayami's reaction. So Hirose could see would be the illusion that they were talking about.

I guess that makes sense. I'm still not sure though. A lot of the things he did where by himself when he could see and since almost all the the events seem to have really happened, only without his eyesight, I'm confused. For example did he manage to walk to the hill at night to look at the moon and wait for Hayami alone? It's hard to believe since he could barely figure out where he was going alone at the start of the series. Same can be said about the swimming trip. When he was stuck on that rock, he knew which direction the land was in when he was trying to swim back. Theres a lot of little things that don't really add up or make sense if he was blind but then again who knows. I'm interested to finding out what the hell is really going on though.

@Rosencruez - I think their concerned about her making a family and gaining power through family members. It seems the majority of the town is high class and have some power. So the idea of her growing attached to someone in the town and being re-admitted into a rich family causes panic for the town. They don't want to see her lash out at them once she obtains power again. As stupid as that sounds I think thats what it all comes down to. The people in the town are crazy and rich so you cant expect them to understand her feelings at all.
Mar 15, 2008 8:00 PM

Aug 2007
I like to punch things when I get flashbacks of trains
Mar 15, 2008 8:27 PM

Aug 2007
The whole illusion thing doesn't make any sense...You mean to tell me that Hirose imagined pretty much everything that happened, but the actions themselves occurred in a "slightly" different way?

The episode itself went great, but the whole Hirose deus ex machina uber plot device hax ruined this entire episode. I'm sure a blind person has the reflexes to grab a rifle moments before it is fired. Of course they can always just explain it to Hirose imagining things again...

They could have done the whole imagination thing much better...I'm trying to recall moments in the anime where they hinted at this, but I can't find anything other than Hirose seeing Otoha. Unless the whole village had a consensus to keep their mouth shut and lie to Hirose about everything, this development isn't possible.

So after Hirose has been diagnosed of using his mind's eye to see things, Hayami is suddenly the scapegoat of all this? Why is it so convenient that this is revealed only when Hayami moved in and after Hirose finished throwing sissy punches at her? Writing genius or just the writer's running out of crap to write about?

Ugh my head hurts trying to rationalize the plot device they used to justify 11 of 12 episodes of an anime...
Mar 15, 2008 8:51 PM

Jul 2007
Is it me or this anime got really f*cked up in this episode??? It's getting deep. I'm not expecting a light hearted ending.
Mar 15, 2008 8:52 PM

Nov 2007
Alright, so things got confusing in this episode. Since I came this far, I hope the ending is a good one. As this looks like it will end on a happy note, it better be one good note.
Mar 15, 2008 9:29 PM

Jul 2007
And I thought this anime couldn't fall any lower..

The old guy needs to die; when he was at Hirose's house, the other guy should have just punched him to death, that'd be a nice development.
Mar 15, 2008 9:43 PM

Oct 2007
i am so confused, here's a nice idea, how about next episode, everyone goes crazy and starts clawing out their own throats.

wrong anime, i know, but i don't see how they're going to explain everything in the next episode. Hayami said that "I don't mind being blind, I have a place to return to" in the episode preview, maybe she goes blind too? Boy, wouldn't that be a nice ending? x_X
Mar 15, 2008 11:13 PM

Aug 2007
cr4sian_phil said:
i am so confused, here's a nice idea, how about next episode, everyone goes crazy and starts clawing out their own throats.

that's my kind of ending
Mar 16, 2008 12:26 AM

Sep 2007
This episode was weird. So basically everything that was built up in the last 9 episodes was all an illusion? Anyway, I was expecting a different kinda ending than this. Like, maybe everyone being happy? Who knows, it'll probably all turn out good in the next episode. ^^;

Mar 16, 2008 1:28 AM

Jan 2008
Well that's a change of pace for this anime. Though it's about damn time Hirose became blind again, it would've been more interesting if it was earlier.

Though, I'm surprised I didn't see the Grandfather in the shadows while Hirose became a nut and smashing Kohinata. =3

我爱你

Mar 16, 2008 2:39 AM

Feb 2008
Well, I wonder if he's going to go completely nuts.
Besides, I'm surprised that so many people aren't able to contemplate rationally, that hayami-chan isnt' the devil incarnate or anything. I can comprehend the village people and their train of thougts up to a certain point, but not any further. What is more, I'll join the because-hirose-can't-decide-which-path-to-go-it-seems-like-everything-was-a-lie club, even though the whole peeking thing conviced me a bit, that he actually was blind all the time.
stayatariMar 16, 2008 2:42 AM
耳を塞いでも両手をすり抜ける真実に惑うよ。
Mar 16, 2008 3:43 AM

Aug 2007
It was a pretty good episode but a bit fucked up.
When hirose started punching hayame i was like "WTF ARE YOU DOING"
Mar 16, 2008 4:09 AM

Jul 2007
Mar 16, 2008 4:29 AM

Nov 2007
I got crazy all over watching this episode, if Hayami dies Hirose can better die also... but of course I want a happy ending
Mar 16, 2008 5:16 AM

Jul 2007
I don't, the whole town should burn up killing everyone with Hayami as the only survivor :p
Mar 16, 2008 5:40 AM

Jan 2008
crazy episode, i have no idea how to comment on it. hirose lost it, hayami became hirose's mom, thunder here lightning there.. wow O.O'
Mar 16, 2008 7:09 AM

Dec 2007
oh my, I really didnt see this coming! that was a really interesting idea. and both Hirose and Hayami completly lost it

Mar 16, 2008 7:29 AM

Jun 2007
Kotori said:
And I thought this anime couldn't fall any lower...

Yeah, I thought that too. Was that supposed to be tragic or something? I couldn't tell at all, since the whole 'dramatic' element made me >.> the entire episode.

Nothing in this series makes any logic at all. For example, Hirose sees Hayami in the rain, all injured and looking like hell, then goes like: 'Sorry, that wasn't what I had planned to say..." instead of going all like "OMG You're hurt/Are you okay?/Let me help you!" and so on.

And the whole "Let's kill her" thingie...come on...what age are we living in? It may be a remote village and so on, but I highly doubt that they'd even consider something like that. The whole idea is just too plain stupid.

I'm lowering the score to 5 now.
Sii_KeiMar 16, 2008 7:43 AM
Mar 16, 2008 8:03 AM

Jul 2007
confused_kitsune said:

And the whole "Let's kill her" thingie...come on...what age are we living in? It may be a remote village and so on, but I highly doubt that they'd even consider something like that. The whole idea is just too plain stupid.

Exactly. If that were to happen anyone would go to police right away, this makes no sense at all; besides the thing about living in that old van.. cmon, nobody would do that, if her parents died back then she would have been taken to an orphanage or something.

Besides Hirose is plain retarded, if someone hit the girl I like I'd beat the crap out of them right away.
Mar 16, 2008 8:21 AM

Feb 2008
Now this was a great and intense episode of H2O (imo). The part where Hirose started punching Hayami was ****ed up.
Now I'm actually looking forward to the last episode =P
Mar 16, 2008 8:30 AM

Jun 2007
Kotori said:
the thing about living in that old van.. cmon, nobody would do that, if her parents died back then she would have been taken to an orphanage or something.

I know! It's funny, there are so many series out there with orphans who live on their own and stuff, you'd think Japan just neglects its children. Jeez...
Mar 16, 2008 11:58 AM

Jul 2007
Faust721 said:
*heads desk*

Seriously, I should've saw that coming a mile away. Of course it was an illusion, if I only had paid more attention. So the shock value was a little bit higher for me due to the fact that I had not aniticipated it.

yeah me too. i was shocked too. damn it why didnt i think of that? so thats why everyone was wondering why no one was pointing out that he could "See" in episode 3. @_@

oh and someone may have sad this before but i think that yes, the previous events DID happen while he was blind. but since he was already blind in the first place, he was kinda "used to it". he knew where to go, who he was talking to, etc, even if he couldn't see(just like how he was in episode 1)

when he snapped, he lost all direction, so that's why he was totally lost even at home(didnt know where the bathroom is etc) hopefully he regains his "eyesight" back in the next few eps and let this not be a tragic ending -_-
Mar 16, 2008 1:55 PM

Jan 2007
I couldn't help but giggle when Hirose started laughing like a maniac and tripping everywhere. xD;
That was the highlight of this episode. For sure.

Mar 16, 2008 2:07 PM

Jan 2008
I won't say much... except... this episode was a total mindfuck... I expect a bad ending. No, wait, I WANT A BAD ENDING HERE!

A bad ending for Hirose. I want Hayami to life after all...
Mar 16, 2008 2:18 PM

Aug 2007
cr4sian_phil said:

Ahah, lol.

I agree, this episode was quite confusing and weird
I'm really wondering how the fuck Hirose stopped the old geezer from shooting Hayami.
Mar 16, 2008 2:32 PM

Dec 2007
Cheezy said:
cr4sian_phil said:

Ahah, lol.

I'm really wondering how the fuck Hirose stopped the old geezer from shooting Hayami.

I know! How's a blind person - who five seconds earlier we saw fall in the mud - end up popping up outta no where and saving the day? The writer's are getting lazy on us...
Mar 16, 2008 3:18 PM

Jan 2008
Pretty good episode, little crazy tho.
Mar 16, 2008 3:36 PM

Jun 2007
I didn't thought this show would, except some "wtf's" surprise me again. Well he did and I enjoyed this episode. At least this leads a lot to Hayami x Hirose.

the pain
oh yes, more. I love it.
Mar 16, 2008 4:06 PM

Aug 2007
Cheezy said:
cr4sian_phil said:

Ahah, lol.

I think you call that plot device or main character hax protection...
Mar 16, 2008 5:03 PM

Dec 2007
I watched episode 11 last night. Good but unexected episode. WTF at Takuma beat up on Hayami. I thought Takuma are going to be blind again, but it's just illusion because he thought he can see, but it's not true. I was little surprised at Takuma stopped Hotaru's grandpa by shooting Hayami. Hotaru's grandpa needs to die quietly. Final episode left to go. Hopefully, it have a good ending.
Mar 16, 2008 5:38 PM

Feb 2008
i dont see whats confusing about it.

well, hes now gone from being blind to being insane. now lets see who dies.
Mar 16, 2008 7:00 PM

Sep 2007
This episode was just crazy o.o I really didn't like it...

Mar 16, 2008 8:08 PM

Oct 2007
my money's on hirose dieing next ep...

this series is kinda sad because the 1st two episodes and these last two episodes have been pretty decent and pretty much what I expected for the series...its just everything in between has been crap.
Mar 16, 2008 8:18 PM

Aug 2007
kisami said:
i dont see whats confusing about it.

well, hes now gone from being blind to being insane. now lets see who dies.

I would think he was insane to begin with considering that he thought we could see...xD
(never believe people only you can see) xD
Mar 16, 2008 8:32 PM

Oct 2007
Faust721 said:
*heads desk*

Same here, it makes more sense than gaining his sight then losing it again :P

Really lovely
Mar 16, 2008 9:31 PM

Oct 2007
Very good episode, and crazy.
Mar 16, 2008 9:57 PM
Jan 2008
this anime is not confusing at all. i don't think takuma is blind at all to begin with he just pretends to be blind and that solves everything. then he could see everything during all the events that happened.
OK heres the real thing like someone said earlier. back in ep 1 and 2 He wasn't about to see at all but he knows his way around everything so thats how he can see during all the events that happened. He uses all his senses like sound, smell, touch and taste to know whats going on. And I thought he was borned blind but now we know he became blind because of the shock seeing his mother's death causing him to go blind. whats up with that old man maybe we will find out why is he a !@#!@#@!.
Mar 17, 2008 3:29 PM

Dec 2007
I stopped watching to weeks ago, but then i watched episode 10 & 11. I seriously thought that h2o was getting boring, but this episode kept me interested. I didn't expect that twist.
Mar 17, 2008 10:53 PM
Mar 2008
A nice boat ending would totally redeem this anime for me! I always hope for one when the animes start to get dry. They always make the anime so much cooler and memorable. All I really cared about was Hayami anyways. Hope the whole village dies and Hirose too, for all that they did to her =)
Mar 18, 2008 9:09 AM

Jan 2008
why eveyone hopes to see nice boat so much? nice boat is twisted, everyone just dies and i don't see what's so good about that, i surely won't hope h2o going that way
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

alert105 - Mar 21, 2008

275 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 14, 2023 12:52 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Phrosh - Jan 25, 2008

77 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 3, 2008

78 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 13, 2023 12:03 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

chibuki - Mar 8, 2008

58 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 4:37 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KY791 - Feb 28, 2008

60 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 3:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.