Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 14, 2017 7:45 AM

Jan 2011
I know I'm late to the party (by about 6 years), but I needed courage to start watching this series.

I like ecchi anime a lot, but GOD I hated this one. Actually this is more than simple ecchi; it's hentai without the actual act of having sex (but the ED of the second part of the season implies even that).

Now I have some questions about the story (who's this crazy guy who asks about story in an ecchi anime?).

1. They introduced levels, but they only told us about Sodium qwaser who was level 6 (because he could control the sodium in his opponents?), Sasha who was level 4 (because he could control the iron in his own body?), and I think I remember they mentioning Katja being level 3 (not sure about this).
    The levels were an interesting part of the whole Qwaser thingy, BUT Why didn't they expand more? And why didn't they explain how it actually works?
  2. If it really works like I suspected, by being able to control the elements in own/enemy body, how about the elements that don't exist in human body? Those don't have levels?
  3. Also if that's the case what can a level 5 do if level 4 is your own body and level 6 enemy body?
  4. What are the other levels?
  5. What is the maximum level?
  6. Why did they even introduced this concept if they didn't use it almost at all?

7. Who or what is Athos? It's a "secret" country? It's a cult? It's a religion?
  8. Who are the Adepts? They are the villains, but tell us more about them.

9. What are the Elemental Circuits? What can they do? Anybody can use them?
  10. What is the damn icon that they were looking for (Theotocus os Tsaryn or something like that)? Why everyone wanted it? To me it looked like a tentacle monster from a hentai (and was also used like that at the beginning of an episode).

11. What is a Maria (every qwaser has one or more Marias)?
  12. What is a High/Supreme Maria?
  13. What is a Magdala (Hana was Katja's Magdala)? Is just like a nickname for your Maria?
  14. How does one become a Maria? (it was implied there is some sort of ritual)
  15. If there is a ritual to become a Maria, what benefits does it bring? Everyone was sucking on everyone's boobs and it didn't matter.
  16. They implied in the beginning if the Soma is sucked without girl's consent she wouldn't be able to move after that, but the Qwaser is ok?
    They said that the quality of Soma is related to the emotions of the person you are sucking from, but toward the end they changed it to: "the bigger the boobs the greater the Soma".

17. Who is the guy with the eyepatch? Is he good? Is he evil? Is he neutral? What was his deal?
  18. What's the deal with Astarte? She had the potential to be a High Maria or she was a High Maria, but they didn't go anywhere with that.
  19. What was the deal with Frederich (or whatever his name was)? At first I thought he was another Qwaser, but then they said he is a Crest Maker(?). Whatever does that mean?
  20. What was the deal with the school nurse? At first she was a nurse through the series, then she was a secret agent sort of girl for 1 episode just to let Sasha suck her boobs so that he could see a discussion between her, the Sodium user and the ex-chairman(?).
    That is the only time someone sucked memories together with Soma. How does that work? Or was just a plot device?
  21. Why did they introduce Mutsumi and the Neodymium user? They didn't do jack shit. Also he should've been able to control Neodymium only (which is a magnetic material), but not every metal. Or maybe those bracelets that he had where from Neodymium, but whatever. He still did jack shit.
  22. Who was the blonde guy with cards that commanded the Adepts? What were his powers? He looked like a copy of Basil from One Piece (I don't know which one of them appears first, but they are similar).

First half of the season was paced ok, then they had 2 episodes of ridiculous fan-service (fan-service in a fan-service anime ... apparently it's really possible), then everything went downhill when they realized they only have about 10 more episodes and too much story.

From the preview at the end, it looked like Sasha and Hana(?) were going to an all-girl school in the second season. Do they explain more in the second season or there will be more unanswered questions?

I hope I didn't forget anything and sorry for the long post and the possible mistakes that eluded me when I tried to proofread this a little.

TL;DR: What did I watch? (sort of)

P.S.: I don't care if all the answers to my questions are in the manga or on the wikia page or anywhere on the mighty internet. If a show makes you read more stuff just to understand the story, then it's a bad show. (and it's not enough of a story something like "good guys and bad guys want some powerful artefact, for .. reasons; good guys fight bad guys" ... hell even some hentai series have better story than this).
Aug 14, 2017 7:55 AM

Apr 2016
The MC dude is sucking power through breasts of girls, you can't find bigger plot hole than that.

More topics from this board

» Seikon no Qwaser episode 1 Discussion (uncensored version)

CCs_No1_Fanboy - Jan 15, 2010

11 by Allen2020 »»
Dec 5, 2023 6:14 AM

Poll: » Seikon no Qwaser Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Jun 19, 2010

94 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 5, 2023 8:01 AM

Poll: » Seikon no Qwaser Episode 23 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jun 12, 2010

42 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 5, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Seikon no Qwaser Episode 22 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jun 5, 2010

32 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Seikon no Qwaser Episode 21 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - May 29, 2010

34 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 2, 2023 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.