Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2017 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The final chapter of the main story. (there still an epilogue chapter that was released later)

But wow, what a ride this has been. Wakaba's fight was shorter than I expected, but I guess they needed time to set things up for how they are 300 years in the future. A lot of interesting tidbits that the anime didn't tell us (or at least I don't remember since it's been awhile since I saw the anime).

We don't get a clear answer of how Yuuki Yuuna is related to Takashima Yuuna. Other than the naming thing, I was expecting a hint that Takashima might be reborn in times of crisis.

I don't remember it being specifically said in the anime that the Gods the Heavens are the ones that attacked humanity. The lack of any real explanation of what happened really bugged me about the anime, but i'm really glad this cleared that up.

The ceasefire for almost 300 years was because of the sacrifice of the miko and humanities promise to stay locked in their cage and not fight. The vertex didn't invade because the barrier had been strengthened. But in the future, the barrier must be failing and that's why the vertex are attacking again. Possibly also because they found out that humanity was still trying to improve the hero system. Yet again, the anime didn't explain any of this, so i'm so glad I read this series.

It saddens me that Wakaba is only one left now, but at least she has Hinata. Tamako, Anzu, Chikage, and Yuuna all fell in battle. This was such a tragic series, but I really enjoyed it. This was a fantastic addition to the YuYuYu-verse. I hope this gets animated some day, and I hope there are some references to this in the new anime series coming up in a few months. This was easily my favorite story in this universe so far. I'm sad that the journey's over. Well, on to the bonus chapter now, I guess...
Jun 19, 2019 2:31 PM
Aug 2014
What an absolute ride. Let me start by voicing my complaints. The "power of friendship and beliefs" seemed to be prevalent as a way to save characters. I also felt that the time between deaths was shoved closer to the end and were a bit too fast. It would have been great if we could have gotten insight on the Vortex and the overall structure of the world. I also felt that Nogi being the only remaining hero was a bit too predictable. The final battle had too many asspulls.

On a positive note, I absolutely loved this. I am so glad I decided to pick this up on the brink reluctance. It was great. The characters were incredibly realistic. Chikage was a prime example of this. I could totally relate to her and understand her pain despite her intent being to eradicate humans. Her death was heartbreaking despite her initial will to kill Nogi. The moe days they usually had was actually a great depiction of their mental state deteriorating. It felt like a mask and became such towards the end. The ending was actually unexpected but it does explain a lot more about their world. I am grateful to see this unique stance.

I hope the epilogues dwell on the world.

More topics from this board

» Can I read this?

AlexKoyomi - Jun 26, 2020

2 by removed-user »»
Apr 29, 2022 7:21 AM

Poll: » Nogi Wakaba wa Yuusha de Aru Chapter 21 Discussion

GiantQAACSleier - Jun 20, 2019

1 by Pleinair »»
Aug 25, 2020 9:51 PM

» Where to read online?

removed-user - Aug 21, 2019

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 21, 2019 1:19 PM

Poll: » Nogi Wakaba wa Yuusha de Aru Chapter 13 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 3, 2017

1 by Groen90 »»
May 24, 2018 4:50 AM

Poll: » Nogi Wakaba wa Yuusha de Aru Chapter 1 Discussion

game8910 - Jul 31, 2015

4 by Leo »»
Nov 12, 2017 3:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.