Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2010 5:17 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rawr. Aki finally duels and they make her lose. Assholes.

It was pretty sweet when she summoned Stardust, though. Hopefully (and probably) Yusei will win and we'll see Aki kick ass in Round 2.
Mar 6, 2010 5:52 AM

Nov 2007
I'm having a feeling that Yusei will finally attempt to Accel Synchro during his duel with Andore. I don't see any other way to beat that guy, since he's obviously a couple of steps ahead of everyone else, even Yusei during their little "training duel".

One thing that bugs me though it Aki's future involvement in the WRGP. Crow's injury is only temporary, so I fear that he's going to return sooner or later. I just hope it won't turn out like in the opening sequence, with Aki becoming nothing more than Team 5D's' cheerleader. Aki isn't Anzu afterall, but it's been kind of obvious that the production team of Yu-Gi-Oh! doesn't really give a damn about female characters in their shows.

Mar 6, 2010 9:44 AM

Apr 2008
Hmm, maybe. I just figured that Yusei would get some lame miracle card that inflicts a ton of burn damage to beat Team Unicorn.

Yeah, you've got a point, but I really hope Crow stays injured because they don't let Aki duel enough.
Mar 9, 2010 8:37 AM

Mar 2009
i laugh so hard on the march of the 3 girl assult on jack
lol
i bet he gets raped
i am going to be the i the one with the biggest manga pocket collgection

url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/enerjak&sclick=1][/url]
May 6, 2011 1:48 AM

Sep 2010
Damnit. I wanted to see Aki do a lot more with Stardust :(
Feb 9, 2015 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
Grimmm said:
It was pretty sweet when she summoned Stardust, though. Hopefully (and probably) Yusei will win and we'll see Aki kick ass in Round 2.

Yeah amazing play by Aki.
I genuinely laughed at Aki's father, that was a nice scene :")

All up to Yusei now to defeat 3 opponents.
May 15, 2015 9:30 AM

Nov 2010
That was awesome!!!

I loved this part:

And I cried here:
May 20, 2015 11:10 AM

Apr 2013
This is at least the 3rd bleeding head injury Jack's suffered from the show. Someone get him a better helmet, please.

Akis did a good job, and it was really cool when she summoned Stardust. Now Yusei just has to defeat all 3 of Team Unicorn .-.

Aki's father has become so supportive, waving that flag XD. It's really sweet.

Saber said:

One thing that bugs me though it Aki's future involvement in the WRGP. Crow's injury is only temporary, so I fear that he's going to return sooner or later. I just hope it won't turn out like in the opening sequence, with Aki becoming nothing more than Team 5D's; cheerleader. Aki isn't Anzu afterall, but it's been kind of obvious that the production team of Yu-Gi-Oh! doesn't really give a damn about female characters in their shows.

I agree. I hope the only role she plays isn't losing this one match, and then going to cheerleader position. Aki's gotten one of the better developments of the yugioh girls we've seen, though.
Dec 9, 2016 1:29 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah and of course Yusei will beat all three, why even have a team?
Nov 17, 2019 3:50 PM

Nov 2016
Cracked up at the part where Jack's harem went passed the security.

Aki rocked and it was a nice play from her at the end. And lol @ the end.

Yusei got some work now. If he won't use Accel Synchro now then never. I like this kind of team duel btw.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 2, 2020 3:37 PM

Aug 2016
Yusei will save the day as always... bc main character op

Why not let Aki win a duel dammit
Apr 8, 2021 9:38 AM

Oct 2015
So Yusei is gonna defeat 3 guys alone. This is pretty poor considering how much praise this show gets. Jack and Akiza are embarrassing duelists, seriously...
Dec 14, 2021 8:58 PM

Aug 2019
Aki losing right after Jack lost and barely accomplishing anything was bullcrap writing. Of course Yusei was going to duel last anyway but Aki should've at least beaten Andore and maybe even inflicted some damage on Breo. I also really hate Jack's harem.
Sep 23, 2022 11:52 AM

Jan 2010
Yusei: "He may need mouth-to-mouth!"

What...What part of crashing a duel runner and stumbling around half-conscious requires a mouth-to-mouth?
Oct 18, 2022 11:13 AM

Jan 2020
So, it looks like the duels are back-to-back, and when a player is knocked out the person who won still continues to duel with their same field and everything. That's interesting. So it's not just best of 3.

Motherflippin' Glow-Up Bulb!

Huh, well, Akiza didn't get much done. At the end of the day Yusei is still going to have to solo 3 people. But, it sure is interesting that even the monsters on Akiza's field get carried over. These are some interesting rules.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Feb 24, 1:36 PM

Jul 2013
The blessing and the curse of best-of-3 in full effect here. It allows for some of the most interesting game states in the whole franchise, like how the Unicorns chose "their Yusei" as the first runner vs "our Yusei" who goes last.

The curse is that Yusei will get to play the hero in every single match in the tournament.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 140 Discussion

Ozelot - Dec 26, 2010

14 by samot-frt »»
May 13, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 103 Discussion

Grimmm - Mar 31, 2010

13 by samot-frt »»
May 1, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 102 Discussion

Grimmm - Mar 24, 2010

23 by samot-frt »»
May 1, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 154 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Mar 30, 2011

81 by JustMonaka »»
Mar 4, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 151 Discussion

Hoppy - Mar 9, 2011

33 by JustMonaka »»
Mar 3, 3:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.