Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

For the longest time, I avoided watching Haruhi because I thought it was one of those boring slice of life series where people make a club together

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 7, 2017 8:15 PM
May 2013
Boy, was I wrong..
Aug 7, 2017 8:28 PM

Jul 2017
Wait, you mean.. it's not? Maybe I should watch it. Then again, I heard the episode order was weird.

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
Aug 8, 2017 1:51 PM

May 2017
AniAmber said:
Wait, you mean.. it's not? Maybe I should watch it. Then again, I heard the episode order was weird.

When it aired it was in a weird order from what I hear. When I watch it on either funimation or 9anime it looks like they put everything in the correct order now.

1st 6 episodes (Literally The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I - VI) are pretty amazing, and could be a stand-alone story. I think Episode 8 "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" is also a must watch, as well as at least the beginning and end of the Endless Eight arc. I watched all 8 myself but I can understand if one would not want to subject themselves to that kind of punishment.

Everything else is pretty stand-alone and really the only episode from season 2 that you might want to make sure you watch would be the filming episode with the cat. After that you have all the pre-requisites for watching the movie "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya" which is the real treat to this anime.

Sub/Dub either way, I prefer Kyon's English VA as well as some of the language used vs the translation in the sub, but then again some might find Haruhi and Mikuru's English VA's annoying. Also if you watch dub try to watch it on funimation, they had the decency to translate the text during some really important scenes.

Aug 8, 2017 2:24 PM

Jul 2017
ituhata said:
AniAmber said:

When it aired it was in a weird order from what I hear. When I watch it on either funimation or 9anime it looks like they put everything in the correct order now.

1st 6 episodes (Literally The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I - VI) are pretty amazing, and could be a stand-alone story. I think Episode 8 "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" is also a must watch, as well as at least the beginning and end of the Endless Eight arc. I watched all 8 myself but I can understand if one would not want to subject themselves to that kind of punishment.

Everything else is pretty stand-alone and really the only episode from season 2 that you might want to make sure you watch would be the filming episode with the cat. After that you have all the pre-requisites for watching the movie "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya" which is the real treat to this anime.

Sub/Dub either way, I prefer Kyon's English VA as well as some of the language used vs the translation in the sub, but then again some might find Haruhi and Mikuru's English VA's annoying. Also if you watch dub try to watch it on funimation, they had the decency to translate the text during some really important scenes.

Oh okay, thank you!

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

StabbyPWNS - Jun 30, 2008

175 by patkarunungan »»
Jun 3, 12:35 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Scribbly - Jul 26, 2008

102 by Rahul_101 »»
May 22, 10:26 PM

» "chronological order" and my utter disgust for it

Tsuna-Ryu - Apr 15

35 by YukariKatsuragi »»
Apr 16, 11:49 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 23, 2008

87 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:50 PM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

abhin4v - Mar 2, 2008

93 by S4dnu »»
Apr 11, 5:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.