Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Fate/Extra Last Encore' Reveals Lead Cast Members

New
Jul 29, 2017 8:55 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

The official website of the Fate/Extra Last Encore TV anime has revealed a new key visual along with the lead cast members. The following cast members will reprise their roles from the drama CD and game the anime adapts, respectively. The series is scheduled to premiere "next winter."

Cast
Hakuno Kishinami: Atsushi Abe (Toaru Majutsu no Index)
Saber: Sakura Tange (Cardcaptor Sakura)

PV 3

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Official site: http://fate-extra-lastencore.com/

Source: Otakomu
NaruleachJan 15, 2018 3:29 PM

Jul 29, 2017 9:28 PM

Jan 2009
is this a spin-off? i hope its better than Apocrypha
Jul 29, 2017 9:34 PM
Jan 2016
It seems well animated from the tiny bit animation there & atmospheric, but I am not sure about the screenwriter. Should've hired a more experienced writer.
Jul 29, 2017 9:51 PM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, that new key visual looks wonderful.
Jul 29, 2017 10:39 PM

Nov 2009
"Fate/Extra"?

More like Fate/Here we go again with this shit...

They sure are milking the franchise to its last drop aren't they?
Jul 29, 2017 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
Nice!! Saber Nero anime announcement right at the Nero Fest time. Great!!!

I look forward to this anime...

xenovibe said:
"Fate/Extra"?

You best go back to playing shooters on your XBox One!
Jul 29, 2017 10:49 PM

Nov 2009
Izanagi said:
Nice!! Saber Nero anime announcement right at the Nero Fest time. Great!!!

I look forward to this anime...

xenovibe said:
"Fate/Extra"?

You best go back to playing shooters on your XBox One!
Jokes on you, I don't own a Xbox One and will most likely remain this way.
Jul 29, 2017 11:24 PM

Apr 2016
This looks pretty great. I'm highly anticipating this. Let's hope there are enough umu's and Shaft head turns.
Jul 29, 2017 11:25 PM

Apr 2016
xenovibe said:
"Fate/Extra"?

Don't watch it then,simple .
Jul 29, 2017 11:32 PM

May 2016
That PV was quite impressive. Sasuga SHAFT.
Jul 29, 2017 11:34 PM

Nov 2011
xenovibe said:
"Fate/Extra"?

The franchise is just successful enough that every spin off might as well get anime adaption. There's nothing wrong with it, every spin off is different story.

Jul 29, 2017 11:37 PM
Jul 2018
xenovibe said:
"Fate/Extra"?

Don't bother to watch it even this beautiful key visual + SHAFT doesn't appeal you.
Jul 29, 2017 11:40 PM

Aug 2016
Man I'm fucking sick of Fate by now but Miyamoto and Satoru Kosaki are soooooo good.

Count me in.
Jul 29, 2017 11:50 PM
Aug 2015
Oh Hakuno is voiced by Touma? Neat!
Bring on the headtilts and UMUs SHAFT! My body is ready!
Jul 30, 2017 12:23 AM

Apr 2017
Nero Headtlilts INTENSIFIES...

Can't wait to see Caster :D

MOON CELL WAR... Will they follow the game adaptation cause I play it once (More like it has a similar animation from Fate Extella (Didn't notice that SHAFT also do the same thing in the game *Mindblown*)

>Atsushi Abe

Oh I know what you're getting at but pls make a huge surprise once Index III got aired, I'll be even more satisfied

@Illyricus
-HippySnob-Jul 30, 2017 12:58 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jul 30, 2017 12:49 AM

Apr 2017
j0x said:
is this a spin-off? i hope its better than Apocrypha

Well it's SHAFT alright.. Nothing will be look too bland from it's visual

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jul 30, 2017 2:10 AM

Jul 2015
Gonna watch cuz SHAFT
Jul 30, 2017 2:36 AM
Jul 2016
I know absolutely nothing about Extra but it is from Shaft, and apparently Nero is best Saber, so i am hoping this will at least be decent.
Jul 30, 2017 2:40 AM

Jul 2013
Hopefully, it will look visually better than Apocrypha, considering Shaft is going to adapt this (and the PV looks pretty good).

Glad to see Atsushi Abe is going to have the lead role like in that CD Drama of the game, that dude needs to be casted more. And, since Index III never....
Jul 30, 2017 2:48 AM

Jul 2015
this looks good
but i will never expect something good from Shaft
Jul 30, 2017 3:14 AM

Mar 2012
So how many Fate spin-offs that aren't adapted into anime yet?
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jul 30, 2017 3:42 AM

Feb 2012
I just don't know anymore what's going on into this Fate universe I just keep watching shit that comes out and has Fate in the name.

I don't even get tired.
Jul 30, 2017 3:56 AM

Jul 2017
Excited for Fate/Extra.That short Pv looks nice.
MAL has no influence on Japanese Anime/Otaku industry so Self-righteous Elitist people here are really wasting their time on writing 'Critical Reviews'.
Jul 30, 2017 4:22 AM

Sep 2014
Every studio just wants a piece of that Fate Dick. Wonder who's next. Moneys on White fox.
Jul 30, 2017 5:02 AM

Sep 2009
Elegade said:
Every studio just wants a piece of that Fate Dick. Wonder who's next. Moneys on White fox.

Strange Fake from White Fox and Prototype from Lerche. Why not? -=)
Jul 30, 2017 5:30 AM
Feb 2016
Why do I get Madoka vibes from this PV? Maybe it's just a music.
Jul 30, 2017 6:21 AM

Apr 2014
Heracrim said:
Why do I get Madoka vibes from this PV? Maybe it's just a music.
The director did Madoka.

the music is from bake/kizu composer.
Jul 30, 2017 6:41 AM

Jan 2011
Everyone milking that Fate hype right now makes sense with how popular it is, key visuals look interesting and this means i don't have to play that Musou game

UMU!
Jul 30, 2017 7:06 AM

Oct 2014
katsu044 said:
Everyone milking that Fate hype right now makes sense with how popular it is, key visuals look interesting and this means i don't have to play that Musou game

UMU!

The Musou is Extella; Extra is an RPG.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Jul 30, 2017 7:29 AM

Sep 2015
Finally some news after few month of nothing
still no sign of Tamamo somehow will be here.

Bring it on CCC (best Fate) and Index III anime when this end

Into the Internet!
Jul 30, 2017 8:15 AM

Aug 2014
Sazanami-Kai said:
So how many Fate spin-offs that aren't adapted into anime yet?

Well, let's see...
Hollow Ataraxia for starters, but it's probably gonna happen after Heaven's Feel is finished.
Then Prototype: Fragments, but it's getting a drama CD apparently.
Then Extra CCC and Extella, and of course Strange Fake, which I would love if animated well, but it's still ongoing.
If we don't count the OVA, then Grand Order didn't get an anime yet, and even if it's technically still ongoing, at least Part 1 is completed and could be adapted in the future.

So, in short, major Fate spin-offs that haven't had an anime yet:
Fate/hollow Ataraxia, Fate/Prototype: Fragments, Fate/Extra CCC, Fate/Extella, Fate/Strange Fake, Fate/Grand Order.

I'm not sure if I'm forgetting something or not...
Jul 30, 2017 8:17 AM

Sep 2009
I'm hoping "last" signifies that the shitfest will finally be over.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jul 30, 2017 8:30 AM

Aug 2014
MortalMelancholy said:
I'm hoping "last" signifies that the shitfest will finally be over.

xenovibe said:
"Fate/Extra"?

why so mad, friends?
InsertanamehereJul 30, 2017 8:37 AM
Jul 30, 2017 9:11 AM

May 2012
BlueBalls said:
Gonna watch cuz SHAFT

Gonna watch cuz FATE

I don't care what studio makes it, Fate series are always good
Jul 30, 2017 9:16 AM

Jan 2015
another thrash added to the franchise.
Jul 30, 2017 11:47 AM

Jan 2011
Toa_of_Gallifrey said:
katsu044 said:

UMU!

The Musou is Extella; Extra is an RPG.
ah i see there are far to many of them to keep track of i just remember seeing Nero in that one lol
Jul 30, 2017 12:10 PM

Mar 2014
SkullProX said:

Extra is very well written, by Nasu himself, actually, unlike most other spin-offs.
Direction+pacing will also be better, because of the big names involved.
And the animation+soundtrack is going to be way much better than Apocrypha and Grand Order trash-cams, cause SHAFT.

Are you a Zerofag amiright?

---------------------------------------------

Let's see next steps of the franchise, guys...after this and HF Movies (all of them), they will be free to do Holllow Ataraxia, CCC and Extella. Oh, and more Prismillya, once the manga advances more.

Later on, only Strange Fake will be left untouched (and is not even close to be finished, will likely be delayed for 2020 or even more later...), but that's not including full adaptations of Prototype (do want) and Grand Order (do NOT want, is shiiiiiit!)).

After an eventual Prototype full anime (if ever done), they can do Prototype: Silver and Blue Fragments. Hell, Fragments has a drama CD, it can come first, just like Zero before 2 Stay Night routes /lol

Hmmmm, Fate/Labirinth, Garden of Avalon and Lord el Melloi Archives could get OVAs...and then the mlking would be over (unless more Fate/etcs are made).

But seriously, Type-Moon, making a Mahou no Tsukai no Yoru anime and finishing that Tsukihime VN remake would NOT hurt, you know that? Specially because it would open doors for a REAL Tsukihime anime, Tsukihime 2 VN and animes, Mahoyo sequel VN, and reduce your Fate/dependence...just saying!
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jul 30, 2017 1:42 PM

Mar 2014
Great music and visuals, I hope this will be a good adaption. Now there's both this and Ufotables HF movies to look forward to. Umu!
Jul 30, 2017 3:54 PM

Jan 2015
Fabris said:
SkullProX said:

Extra is very well written, by Nasu himself, actually, unlike most other spin-offs.
And the animation+soundtrack is going to be way much better than Apocrypha and Grand Order trash-cams, cause SHAFT.

Let's see next steps of the franchise, guys...after this and HF Movies (all of them), they will be free to do Holllow Ataraxia, CCC and Extella. Oh, and more Prismillya, once the manga advances more.

Later on, only Strange Fake will be left untouched (and is not even close to be finished, will likely be delayed for 2020 or even more later...), but that's not including full adaptations of Prototype (do want) and Grand Order (do NOT want, is shiiiiiit!)).

After an eventual Prototype full anime (if ever done), they can do Prototype: Silver and Blue Fragments. Hell, Fragments has a drama CD, it can come first, just like Zero before 2 Stay Night routes /lol

Hmmmm, Fate/Labirinth, Garden of Avalon and Lord el Melloi Archives could get OVAs...and then the mlking would be over (unless more Fate/etcs are made).

But seriously, Type-Moon, making a Mahou no Tsukai no Yoru anime and finishing that Tsukihime VN remake would NOT hurt, you know that? Specially because it would open doors for a REAL Tsukihime anime, Tsukihime 2 VN and animes, Mahoyo sequel VN, and reduce your Fate/dependence...just saying!

If liking the only good part of the fate series makes me a fag then i will gladly be one.
Jul 30, 2017 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
This looks so good! Based on what it looks like from the PVs and all this really sells me very well to be honest. HOPE FOR UMU!
Jul 30, 2017 8:56 PM

Feb 2009
Well, Hakuno doesn't have a voice in the game. Atsushi is from the drama CDs of Extra. Minor nitpick I guess.

Interesting that his name is spelled as 岸浪ハクノ here. His in-game name in CCC and the one used in the manga versions is 岸波 白野. Same pronunciation(Kishinami Hakuno) but his given name is in katakana instead.
Jul 30, 2017 9:30 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Updated. Thanks for the note, @belatkuro.

Aug 1, 2017 4:58 AM

Aug 2014
SkullProX said:

If liking the only good part of the fate series makes me a fag then i will gladly be one.

But you only like zero so your words don't match the fact
well, i'll grant it's better than extra at least, though by far inferior to CCC
InsertanamehereAug 1, 2017 5:04 AM
Aug 1, 2017 8:07 AM

Mar 2016
Awesome PV! UMU!!! Pretty excited!
Never disappointed when it comes to SHAFT
Aug 15, 2017 8:02 PM

Nov 2014
SkullProX said:
Fabris said:

I like Zero the best in the Fate series( And I did play VN) and I consider Fate/Strange Fake the future GOAT of the Fate series if it was turned into an anime. Hell its the closest thing to F/Z and actually written by a great writer Narita (Baccano/Durarara) Any Gilga fag would love it since he is pretty much one of the main focus there along with his historical bumchum Enkidu.
Aug 16, 2017 10:12 AM

Jan 2015
royaldocks said:
SkullProX said:

I like Zero the best in the Fate series( And I did play VN) and I consider Fate/Strange Fake the future GOAT of the Fate series if it was turned into an anime. Hell its the closest thing to F/Z and actually written by a great writer Narita (Baccano/Durarara) Any Gilga fag would love it since he is pretty much one of the main focus there along with his historical bumchum Enkidu.

Fate strange fake doesn't have garbage characters, so it can potentially be better than fate/zero if it won't have any thrash like emiya in it.
Aug 16, 2017 11:17 AM

Nov 2014
SkullProX said:
royaldocks said:

Fate strange fake doesn't have garbage characters, so it can potentially be better than fate/zero if it won't have any thrash like emiya in it.

The characters and their motives(example assassin in Strange Fake and Berserker) is what makes it great and interesting. To even compare the trash that is Apocrypha to Strange/Fake is a huge insult when it comes to Fate spin offs.

The use of focusing on everyone not just one Protagonist like F/Zero is also the best POV for the Fate series for me since it actually feels like a war/death match.
Aug 16, 2017 12:36 PM

Jan 2015
royaldocks said:
SkullProX said:

The characters and their motives(example assassin in Strange Fake and Berserker) is what makes it great and interesting. To even compare the trash that is Apocrypha to Strange/Fake is a huge insult when it comes to Fate spin offs.

The use of focusing on everyone not just one Protagonist like F/Zero is also the best POV for the Fate series for me since it actually feels like a war/death match.

Exactly, and not making it shitty shounen with plotholes like fsn... and probably like aposhit and most too.

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

10 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

11 by NewestPersonHere »»
2 hours ago

» Orange, Qubic Pictures Produce 'Leviathan' Anime for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

14 by keepinup »»
4 hours ago

» 'Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu' Season 3 Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, 90-Minute Premiere

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

11 by MrRant »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - May 23

24 by iyoa »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.