Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2017 7:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite an interesting title for this episode with the analogy between man and animal.

While Class D did better than what others expected, there are still students that weren't just good enough. *cough* I'm looking at you, Sudou.

Their teacher imo is actually mischievious in ways. It just feels really hard to read her many times. We got a glimpse of the A-class students again. I hope we learn more about them soon. Kushida is also tougher than I had expected despite how friendly she is....what a personality change. She's not the perfect angel that she appears to be.
Stark700Jul 26, 2017 10:18 AM
Jul 26, 2017 9:35 AM

Jan 2016
Just watched this episode live. Very interested to see how the story continues to progress, especially with how Horitsuka and Ayano exploited the system, and especially that tense ending. I'm glad at Ayanokoji's consistent character, however, any normal LN protagonist would

Also has anyone else noticed that in the credits, it shows how many points each character has? Since I watched it live I can't rewind it, but can anyone show if the points have changed from last episode?
Jul 26, 2017 9:38 AM
Mar 2014
Well now that I know they are not going to explain this, I am going to explain a little bit as to why they decided to save Sudou. Originally this is a part of the conversation between our MC and Horikita on the night he save her from her brother.

Remember that episode 1 when teacher said that students are given points based on merits. Merits is not just equal to grades. For example, although Sudou is bad at studying, he is extremely good in basket and sports. In fact, he is accepted as regular member in the basketball team despite being first year. Therefore by being basket ball regular member and participating in interschool basket ball competition, he is considered as doing merit and will be granted point for that.

In the discussion of the previous episode, I also see many people feeling confused as to why these 'defective' students manage to enter to supposedly elite school. I hope this also answer those questions. These students are actually good at what they are good at, but each of them has problems with their character which make them being graded as 'defective'.
Jul 26, 2017 9:47 AM

Aug 2013
The used an Adam Smith quote.

Ayanokouji is a cunning person. He continues to impressive me. Class D managed to make it. Sudou needs to be more serious when it comes to studying.

And wow, Kushida :O Does she have a split personality or something? Totally unexpected... I wonder why she doesn't like Horikita.

Jul 26, 2017 10:00 AM

Jul 2014
Dang Kushida.... wtf? so Ayanokoji went 180 last ep and now Kushida does a 1800? talk about a complete opposite of personality.

MC here is really something else, dude was calm af when Kushida put his hands on her breast.
Jul 26, 2017 10:04 AM

Dec 2014
Ohoho, that Kushida scene tho. what a way to end volume 1's story. Love how Lerche altered the timeline to make it more dramatic.
Jul 26, 2017 10:14 AM

Jul 2015
Kushida finally reveals herself. She's scary...

It is not like it is a problem for Ayanokouji. He does seems to be really sharp and he knows how to use the strength of everyone in the class to succeed, like how he used Kushida to get what he wanted (old tests). To be honest, it is Kushida that it is being played.

Kushida seems to be more concerned to have another girl more popular than her later on. Probably influence has a lot of weight in the school point system.

Jul 26, 2017 10:26 AM
Jul 2017
One problem I have is Ayanokoji.
He's badass yes but for now he's this calm and a mastermind for sure thing is I hope he won't ended up like Tatsuya in Mahouka or at least being worse.I'm hoping we would be unravelling his past soon.
Jul 26, 2017 10:31 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Ayanokouji casually shitting on Horikita after she stabbed him, immediate karma, great MC. Also successfully brought the attention to her while he can stay in the dark.

Kushida showing her true colors with Ayanokouji witnessing it. She's cunning as well by forcing his hand and gaining an adventage over him. He wasn't really on his guard though so there's a possibility that he thinks he can get something out of this ''alliance'' as well.
Jul 26, 2017 10:35 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

I wonder who that Ichinose girl is, she caught my eye this episode.

Interesting that they reuse questions for the test and it was pretty cool of Ayanakoji to get the questions from the senior and distribute them to the class.
Thanks to his and Kushida's efforts, the class scored really well. :)

Was real nice of both Ayanakoji and Horikita to buy a point off the teacher and help Suda pass. :)

That casual diversion and jab at Horikita, our MC knows how to keep himself away from the limelight. xD

Wow, I did not expect Kushida to do a full personality change. I actually liked her cute genki personality and now that image was just totally destroyed.
Jul 26, 2017 10:36 AM

Mar 2016
The Kushida girl.... I pretty much predicted it ... since they made her so overlyafriendly. I assume it would be this trope, bit that I do t like it...

Good episode all in all
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2017 10:39 AM
Jun 2012
Differences from the LN and the anime so far

Overall, I feel that the pace is too fast even though they allotted 3 episodes on vol. 1 (probably 4 episodes for the whole volume). The way the animated Kushida's other face is fantastic.

This is definitely the dark horse of this season.

For those wanting to read the LN its available on https://confusedtls.wordpress.com/
RjImperviousJul 26, 2017 10:43 AM
Jul 26, 2017 10:40 AM

Oct 2015
ButadonMeitante said:
Just watched this episode live. Very interested to see how the story continues to progress, especially with how Horitsuka and Ayano exploited the system, and especially that tense ending. I'm glad at Ayanokoji's consistent character, however, any normal LN protagonist would

Also has anyone else noticed that in the credits, it shows how many points each character has? Since I watched it live I can't rewind it, but can anyone show if the points have changed from last episode?

I think you meant this:

Jul 26, 2017 10:43 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
From a Redditor:

''The 10,000 points was a mistranslation. She said juu-man which is 100,000.
So based on their points previously, it looks like they both gave 50,000.''

That explains why Ayanokouji and Horikita are down in scores like that. Crunchyroll translation error and a pretty heavy one at that.
Jul 26, 2017 10:43 AM
Apr 2015
So far eventhough Lerche was rushing the first volume. Yet I still having good impression about the first arc. They knew how to focus on the highlights of this arc.

I hope they can do it better on the next episodes.
Jul 26, 2017 10:46 AM
Jan 2016
RjImpervious said:

Overall, I feel that the pace is too fast even though they allotted 3 episodes on vol. 1 (probably 4 episodes for the whole volume). The way the animated Kushida's other face is fantastic.

This is definitely the dark horse of this season.

For those wanting to read the LN its available on https://confusedtls.wordpress.com/

BTw, thanks for the revelation and i hope you will do the same thing aloso on the next episodes
Jul 26, 2017 10:48 AM

Jan 2015
I figured the price was actually 100k since Ayanokouji questioned it. He could've afforded 10k just fine.

Threatening to report rape because of fingerprints on the shirt? Really? What a dumb scene...
Jul 26, 2017 10:48 AM
Jan 2016
Smudy said:
From a Redditor:

That explains why Ayanokouji and Horikita are down in scores like that. Crunchyroll translation error and a pretty heavy one at that.

LOL, thats why i was thinking, how the hell that was so cheap.
Jul 26, 2017 10:49 AM

Jul 2017
A pretty good episode. I think it's rushed, but I honestly don't mind it since it seems to be fine this way. Interesting way to end the episode too.
Jul 26, 2017 10:52 AM

Mar 2014
That Kushida turn was expected lol.

Good episode, though I still think the emphasis on elitism is a bit ridiculous.
Jul 26, 2017 10:54 AM

Jul 2015
RjImpervious said:

Does it change the story a lot with Kushida?

AdrianRubinskyJul 26, 2017 10:57 AM
Jul 26, 2017 10:58 AM
Feb 2016
Oh, shit! that end! love it!
Jul 26, 2017 11:02 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was an... interesting ending. Talk about two-faced x.x
Jul 26, 2017 11:09 AM

Feb 2014
Face off the best turnover with that face, damn Kushida!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 26, 2017 11:10 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
wow...

so i was JUST THINKING how i was going to add Kushida, Kikyou to my favorites list cause she fine than a mf ( like every other girl in this anime) and is very sweet...

.. then... that happened...

now i just don't know anymore ;___;
Jul 26, 2017 11:23 AM
Jul 2017
Ayanokoji is very cunning as expected. Glad he still stands to his character in every situations.

I'm wondering why Kushida hates Horikita so much and why does she uses 2 personalities.
Jul 26, 2017 11:24 AM

Feb 2011
Zemroid said:
Threatening to report rape because of fingerprints on the shirt? Really? What a dumb scene...
MC should be honored ther's a girl who keeps a uniform that he touched stored away. If the MC felt it was a bluff, he could probably turn the threat around. Seems the LN was too soft, so they made it more convincing. On the other hand, the threat would result in the class receiving less points. In this respect, I agree. The threat backfires and pointing out how telling anyone would effect the class would have been a better development. LN may have done it with fan-service in mind, so anime didn't need to follow suit.
ReloadJul 26, 2017 11:48 AM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jul 26, 2017 11:26 AM

Mar 2008
Ok, So Yui is the blonde char (Voice wise)
And Kushida is waifu after this ep, that scene was awesome : D
Jul 26, 2017 11:29 AM

Jun 2015
Sudo was about to get expelled but he didn't because Ayanokouji and Horikita sold their points. He's quite cunning. Class D managed to make it. Kushida's personality changing was unexpected. She really hates Horikita. Ayanokouji saw her and threatened him.
Jul 26, 2017 11:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That 180 from Kushida lol...Now I know why some people I know always referred to her as a bitch

Looking forward to seeing what happens next but after this, I'm trusting anyone at face value anymore....This school is sick xD
Jul 26, 2017 11:30 AM

Sep 2015
Creepy asf 360 personality change
Jul 26, 2017 11:33 AM

Feb 2015
Well, with volume 1 over and done with I guess I'll be treading into uncharted waters for the rest of this show. That's always fun. This episode hit on most of the important stuff they left out of last episode so I'm cool with it.
Jul 26, 2017 11:38 AM

Nov 2010
Totally expected some psycho bitch to come out from Kushida. Like c'mon guys, how can there be nice girls in this rotten anime.
Jul 26, 2017 11:48 AM

Jun 2014
I'm glad they went back and explained how the class managed to do well on their exams. Quite a smart and manipulative move from Ayanokoji, getting old test questions. The whole "passing around old test questions" thing is actually something that i experienced recently here in college, so i immediately thought of that when that scene took place. It was also nice of Ayanokoji and Horikita to sacrifice their points so that Sudo could stay.

Damn, Kushida is a two faced bitch. I admit it's not that surprising, as I never really trusted her in the first place though since she seemed to come off as a bit TOO nice. That's low as fuck though, threatening to report rape. You have to be a true piece of shit to make a false rape accusation.
thebrentinator24Jul 26, 2017 12:01 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 26, 2017 11:52 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
tf am i saying? i fucking love yanderes... and shes still best girl of summer 2017, especially when my brunette + short hair + big boobs fetish is too strong

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)i'd rape her( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2017 11:56 AM

Nov 2016
Rather interesting episode, a small improvement compared to last week.

Hmm the second personality of Kushida was somehow predictable, ok more like an intuition of mine, but I'm still welcoming this change, maybe it will spice things up a bit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 26, 2017 11:56 AM

Aug 2015
Kushida personality really was a facade, what a surprise. Said no ever.
Jul 26, 2017 11:57 AM

Apr 2016
Called it from episode 1. The turn is still pretty damn awesome. Can't wait for next week
2D > 3D
Jul 26, 2017 11:59 AM

Sep 2013
The threat from Kushida seems a bit weak, considering we had no reason to think that MC would ever go out of his way to tarnish her name or damage the class.
Jul 26, 2017 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
Smudy said:
From a Redditor:

I just watched it on CR and they fixed it:

mozgowJul 26, 2017 12:12 PM
Jul 26, 2017 12:10 PM

Feb 2011
@talentlessash: Agreed, probably why the MC asked that particular question in the first place. It was meant to gauge how big her threat was and whether he could counter it. Even Kushida knows the MC enough to trust that he wouldn't tell anyone. It goes without saying that there was no point in threatening him. In her case, it's just insurance. If she's feeling resentful, she'll use it but she may let it slide. We'll have to see how often it gets brought up in the future.
ReloadJul 26, 2017 12:19 PM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jul 26, 2017 12:18 PM

Sep 2015
As expected from Yuigahama's twin

I don't think fingerprints on school uniform is not enough.
Into the Internet!

Jun 2009
Welp. A lot of us saw that coming from a mile away with Kushida.
I felt this episode went by pretty fast without so much happened.
Still a good one regardless though.

Jan 2015
Very very very good episode, glad we went 3 days back and saw a lot of important things (i thought they decided to skip them in last episode) Finally saw Kushida scene, but it was on a roof and she pressed him to the wall which was pretty epic but in anime they were in the open and there was no wall press.
Also surprising that there was Arisu scene, i've never seen her talk in LN, glad they are showing her so much time. Also glad to see Ichinose from class B talking, she is really cool (and Chitoge voice ^^)

With that i believe VOlume 1 is over.

EcchiLordMamster said:
tf am i saying? i fucking love yanderes... and shes still best girl of summer 2017, especially when my brunette + short hair + big boobs fetish is too strong

ma boi, Kushida is definitely the best, glad someone realized it. even in favorites huh.

Jul 26, 2017 12:24 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Hirugiku said:
Very very very good episode, glad we went 3 days back and saw a lot of important things (i thought they decided to skip them in last episode) Finally saw Kushida scene, but it was on a roof and she pressed him to the wall which was pretty epic but in anime they were in the open and there was no wall press.
Also surprising that there was Arisu scene, i've never seen her talk in LN, glad they are showing her so much time. Also glad to see Ichinose from class B talking, she is really cool (and Chitoge voice ^^)

With that i believe VOlume 1 is over.

EcchiLordMamster said:

ma boi, Kushida is definitely the best, glad someone realized it. even in favorites huh.

my dude, i acknowledged it on the first episode, and especially the 2nd one, but damn, shes even sexier than i could've imagined XD
Jul 26, 2017 12:29 PM
Dec 2016
What a great way to end Volume1/first arc!
..3eps for 1 volume with little leftover that may come back in the future.

Didn't surprise me that 10 chapters's a little more than usual 1st volume's chapters..

They rearrange the timeline but still have a great impact with little fast pace.

Ichinose's voice sounds better than i think!

Changing from rooftop to riverside huh..dat eyes're attractive me so much XD
Wonder if they put more scenes when she tries to befreind Kiyotaka 3+ times..this'll make her more furious :O

Now,begin the 2nd volume with the detective arc from the quote next week..hope Sakura gets more screentime.
CreateMaxJul 26, 2017 12:40 PM
Jul 26, 2017 12:32 PM
Nov 2015
Woah that plot twist :O

Hats off to those who saw that coming cuz I didn't. Took me completely by surprise.

I was fine with Kushida being Yui 2.0, but that reveal has made things more interesting for me. My excitement levels has definitely increased even more now
Jul 26, 2017 12:33 PM
Nov 2016
This anime always manages to surprise me in some way.

Our protagonist is actually really interesting...

We got a glimpse of Horikita X Sudou... I am NOT a fan of that ship.

We also got a glimpse of the manipulative and bitchy side of Kushida....
Jul 26, 2017 12:36 PM

Dec 2014
Welp the girl did a 180. Now MC needs to 180 and become OP
Jul 26, 2017 12:41 PM

Feb 2011
ZBlastHistory said:
I don't think fingerprints on school uniform is not enough.
The real threat is that he'll stand out more from the accusation. It doesn't matter what the accusation is so long as it ruins his student life. It took a second watch for me to realize this. You can't forget how our MC hates standing out unnecessarily and how convincing Kushida can be.
ReloadJul 26, 2017 12:46 PM
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

211 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

171 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

235 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 11, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2017

335 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 9, 10:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.