Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 25, 2017 4:20 AM

Sep 2013
I am liking the MC here and the aesthetic of this show makes me think it's from a visual novel.

Still not sure why they base everyones points of value by the class's value as a whole though. Since they said that you can't change classes in the previous episode, it just seems like a system to always keep the bottom down.
Jul 25, 2017 9:52 AM

May 2017
unimportant way to start the episode, but fortunately it goes better after they told about the System S. Horikita is actually smart but she's arrogant and selfish (kinda?) so she might get into D class because of her personality.. and her bro.. temperament? so its like they both grow in different pressure (?)
Ayanokouji-kun is mysterious and the rest of the class in the end seems to get highest scores in all tests, that's weird, hope for the next episode to reduce the amount of fanservice =.=
re:education - vocaloid

Acedia, Luxuria, Ira, Superbia

Jul 25, 2017 12:28 PM

Sep 2015
Wow I didn't expect to get into angry girls past so quick. And hero boy is some kind of martial artist? I'm all ready really fond of him and angry girls relationship. He's a very interesting and flat straight man. And him coming to her rescue this episode was hella cute. It's kind of giving this series Grisaia vibes to me. That aside solid poolside fan service. Nice tension/story building as the characters continue to recover from their laziness last time. And I'm really curious to see how the nice one with the super ridiculous tits is going to turn out. She seems like she might have ulterior motives. Maybe she really is that nice though.
Jul 26, 2017 1:56 AM

Mar 2010
I have to say that I saw that coming, that there was no way they where going to get that amount every month especially by slacking off.
I will also guess if pupils drop out of the class things will get even worst, my guess is that it will be like adding a permanent 0 to an average.

so far it feels like "baka to test" with a more serious tone. let's see Kiyotaka Ayanokouji seems like a combination of "Akihisa Yoshii" & "Yuuji Sakamoto", and "Suzune Horikita" is like a combination of "Shouko Kirishima" & "Hideyoshi Kinoshita".

thebrentinator24 said:
I most certainly wasn't expecting to see that short fight between Ayanokoji and Horikita's jackass brother. It was pretty cool, and there's definitely something the MC is hding (I highly doubt he knows how to fight because of piano, calligraphy, and tea ceremony). Not to mention the whole thing about him intentionally rigging his entrance exam scores, which also adds suspicion in regards to his past.

I think it didn't really come as a surprise that Class D did well on their exams but I hope they explain how that happened. It feels like it just simply happened out of nowhere, so hopefully they fill in the gaps.
it wasn't out of the blue, you probable missed it but Kikyo Kushida said she will continue at her own after their learning session was sabotaged by Suzune
LF2005Jul 26, 2017 2:06 AM
Jul 26, 2017 2:11 AM

Jun 2014
LF2005 said:
it wasn't out of the blue, you probable missed it but Kikyo Kushida said she will continue at her own after their learning session was sabotaged by Suzune

I remember that part but I thought that maybe it would show her helping the 3 dumb guys and provide some sort of buildup, but that didn't happen.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 26, 2017 2:19 AM

Mar 2010
by the way it totally seemed to me that Suzune's brother was going to sexualy molest his sister rather than hit

I saw that people in this thread think that the average says if you failed or passed, at least in real life, 50 is passed by a hair, and nothing that was said suggested me otherwise

I also understood that there is no changing classes, meaning they can only rise as a group, what makes me think that for every drop out they will have a permanent zero in the average equation

& also I understood that the average multiplied by their score is the number of points they will get + the unknown reductions.
LF2005Jul 26, 2017 3:24 AM
Jul 29, 2017 5:55 AM

Apr 2015
5/5

Ayanokouji can fight really good, that's interesting.

I want to know more about Horikita and her brother.. :)

Now I'm going to watch 3rd episode!
Jul 29, 2017 7:45 AM

Dec 2013
This premise is not nearly thought out well enough, and the characters who are supposed to carry the story, are boring.
It is mostly the premise that bothers me too much. Do students with no money get to eat or not? If they do, it aint so bad. if they don’t, how are they supposed to survive? turn to crime and endanger other students?
Also why are people scared of getting expelled from this place? Sounds like a shit place to me. Sure it is the top school in the world, but if they treat you like dirt, you are better of taking your chances in a normal school. Normal schools work out for most people…
I mean, it is a sort of interesting idea, but the creator clearing did not think this through and just slapped a cliche story on it. For me it is far to stupid and underdeveloped on all fronts to keep watching it.
Also fanservice girl completely throws off the tone sort of serious and gloomy tone of the rest of the show.
Jul 29, 2017 7:00 PM
May 2013
im on the first 5 minutes, just wanted to point out

i just wanted to point out something ironic and the reason why i love this anime. the character's actions are monotone whereas the OP song is very exuberant. i can already feel the 180 coming
Jul 30, 2017 6:56 AM

Mar 2010
Mysteriala said:
This premise is not nearly thought out well enough, and the characters who are supposed to carry the story, are boring.
It is mostly the premise that bothers me too much. Do students with no money get to eat or not? If they do, it aint so bad. if they don’t, how are they supposed to survive? turn to crime and endanger other students?
Also why are people scared of getting expelled from this place? Sounds like a shit place to me. Sure it is the top school in the world, but if they treat you like dirt, you are better of taking your chances in a normal school. Normal schools work out for most people…
I mean, it is a sort of interesting idea, but the creator clearing did not think this through and just slapped a cliche story on it. For me it is far to stupid and underdeveloped on all fronts to keep watching it.
Also fanservice girl completely throws off the tone sort of serious and gloomy tone of the rest of the show.

to get in to there you need money & grades, so they may be able to drop out easely but they probably would need to get ready to be kick from home also, specialy after that wasted investment, they can even get disinherited & so on .... don't see any parent that will take it nicely
Jul 30, 2017 4:23 PM

Jul 2009
The bother sucks! So so much, I hate him already...
Jul 31, 2017 5:02 PM
Nov 2015
aquaspirit39 said:
All this hate for the brother....he is not actually that bad, he is just really disappointed with his sister. Hitting her? I was not directly mentioned in the source material but they probably learn martial art together in the past and Horikita imouto is actually pretty strong and probably used to beating (in fight I mean). He is actually not that bad.

Side note, just finish LN volume 6...it was amazing. Unfortunately we probably wont get to volume 6. Looking from this pace, it will probably be 3 episode per volume and extra one episode for volume 4.5 which close the season with 13 episode.

side side note: Most who read latest LN will probably agree.....Karuizawa Kei is the main heroine of this story lol
What you mean by Karuizawa Kei is the main heroine of this story? what about What about Ayanokouji Kiyotaka?
Aug 3, 2017 12:00 PM

Jul 2012
I like the character design for the girl in Class A. She looks like a mix of Kanade and Yuri from Angel Beats :P

Onii-san is a bit crazy lol

Seems like our main character is secretly a genius. Didn't really care for him too much when he was first introduced, but he's getting more and more interesting.

Hmm, I wonder how those three guys brought their grades up. Cheating? Or is everyone in this class just lazy, but is actually really smart? I guess we'll find out in the next episode.
Aug 6, 2017 12:31 PM

Mar 2016
I really like the concept they've developed here with the point system and the class assignments and structure.

Much like how Kakegurui is trying to prepare the ruling class of society through a highschool meritocracy this anime will show the dark side of how people treat others to get ahead...though it will be a lot less crazy/dark/and twisted than Kakegurui this anime has a chance to really develop a unique perspective on this topic!

It was a good episode setting things up and preparing us for the struggle that lies ahead for these characters. Also we see that the MC is more than just a boring MC
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 11, 2017 7:16 AM

Nov 2014
Is gainaxing the only acceptable fanservice now? It's in everything now, even non-ecchi.

It's starting to give off a dating sim vibe, which is unfortunate considering how strong the start was. Kushida is too perky, figuratively and literally.

The twist in the second half was nice, though. Ayanokouji is actually a smart badass? I wasn't expecting that.

5/5
Aug 13, 2017 12:56 AM

Jan 2016
How to fight according to Ayanokoji:
1st of all learn piano
2nd. learn calligraphy
oh.
and tea ceremony.

Damn now I really want to know the background of Kuji.
Aug 23, 2017 12:08 PM

Sep 2013
The point and S system, they lose their points and class rank cause they're idiots.
Ayanokoji saves suzune from her brother and kushida with the connections.
Aug 26, 2017 5:48 AM

Jun 2014
The aesthetics of the show and this episode got me hooked on to the story.
Aug 26, 2017 9:21 PM
Aug 2014
Oh? Guess that quote in the beginning of the second ep held some weight to our MC.
Sep 3, 2017 7:52 PM

May 2017
hmmm....
Honestly? i would trust more Hirokita than the happy-friendly short haired kushida any day... i am getting bad vibes from the later.
Sep 7, 2017 11:11 PM

Dec 2012
So glad the protagonist isn't weak nor dumb what so ever I'm tired of retarded main characters.
He caught me off guard lmao

Sep 10, 2017 11:33 AM

Jun 2016
This show immediately reminded me of Ansatsu Kyoushitsu with the S-System. Class D being the Class E. I'm really loving the concept of this show. And never got bored at least once. Please don't go downhill. Please don't go downhill. Please don't go downhill. Please don't go downhill. Please don't go downhill. Please don't go downhill. Forgodsake. Please don't go downhill.

Ayanokouji, what's up with your built, maan? What have you been doing in the past? Haha. Damnit, your lunch made me hungry.

Shoutout to Kushida being probably the best girl in the show (so far for me). Horikita should be nice to her. Goddamnit. Don't be hidoi. Lmao.

What the fuck is up with Horikita's big brother, though? Was he about to grope her? My fanservice senses are tingling. Lmfao. Please don't. -_-

Way to go, Ayanokouji, saving Horikita from her brother. And holy shit those moves, maaaaan. Slay! Haha.

Omedetou gozaimasu, Class D. Damn. They did great in the midterm exam. I hope this'll at least for this they'll have a reward or something.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 10, 2017 9:03 PM

Dec 2016
I've now realized the trend of all light novels where the main girl is skinny, small, has long black hair, looks down on people, and is very smart. But this show still seems like it may be pretty interesting
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 14, 2017 12:52 PM

Jul 2015
So it seems that there's more than meets the eye about MC-kun; well I can't wait to find out more of his past, or at least more about him in general. Seeing that weaker side of Horikita was quite nice as well and when MC-kun came in to save her, I couldn't but just feel like those 2 r meant to be. otp

caught in the wonder
Sep 29, 2017 12:42 PM
Nov 2014
I wished the brother landed that hit.
Oct 8, 2017 2:51 PM

Feb 2014
the guy really were to hit his sister like that? seriously..? lol
Oct 9, 2017 10:02 AM

Jan 2014
I highly doubt the MC. I think that Piano, Calligraphy, and Tea Ceremony are just some of his past activity, not to mention his well built body and how well he handle fighting.

It would be wonderful if he's come from someone so noble that can do anything and actually genius who manipulates his score.
Oct 15, 2017 9:12 PM

Apr 2012
I think I might just have to take back what I said about this school.
I thought it seemed kinda fishy that a show promoting hard work & merit would be dubbed. Now I know why. It presents itself as a meritocracy, but it's actually a collectivist/communistic one. Even if one student preforms excellent and the rest of the class aren't very good, they all get the same amount of points. The closest I can see it getting to be a meritocracy is they just wait till midterms and then all the failures would be weeded out (writing this mid episode).

Any system that does not reward individual skill, is NOT a meritocracy.

[Side Critique] The next episode is titled “man is an animal that makes bargains - no other animal does this.” That is incorrect, monkeys trade buttons for sex. Look it up.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Oct 15, 2017 9:19 PM

Apr 2012
Abyhape said:
It would be wonderful if he's come from someone so noble that can do anything and actually genius who manipulates his score.

That certainly sounds like the show is hinting in that direction.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Nov 7, 2017 3:16 PM

May 2012
Quite the pretty interesting development, looking forwards to see what's next!
Dec 14, 2017 7:57 PM

Sep 2011
Woah caught me off guard when the MC dodged the brothers strikes. LOL
Aug 19, 2018 7:01 AM

May 2016
Everyone decided to chill at the pool after finding out that most of them will be living on free handouts until next month if they manage to make it, that is. Didn't expect that they would try to avert their attention from the harsh remarks of Ms. Chabashira in that way but it was a nice opportunity for some fanservice~

After getting caught in a luxury bento entrapment scheme by Horikita, Ayanokoji receives her number, he also got to talk to Kushida when she had just showered and got her contact details as well. Horikita was adamant about not allowing Kushida to join in the deadbeat study group but she somehow managed to join in anyway.

With her older brother being the student council president who's rather honor-obsessed to the point of resorting to physical abuse at that, it's no wonder she's so grade conscious. Her intellect wasn't the problem and it was her attitude that put her to Class D-egenerate after all.

What was even more surprising is that Ayanokoji was more formidable and toned than a normal non-athletic person would. Getting the median in every single subject he took was arguably just as difficult in getting a perfect score in every test. Maybe he's a secret Jack-Of-All-Trades who just wants to lie low because he's not exactly the most inconspicuous person ever.

But the most surprising part of the episode was that everyone passed the midterms despite the events that lead up to it. Congratulations~

Dec 22, 2018 10:02 PM

Mar 2016
Horikita noticed Ayanokouji's body huh... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Hmmmn, they already looked like couples.

Still impressed by the high details of the school's impressive facilities.

Hirokita was aiming to reach the level his asshole brother is at! She really wanted her brother to accept her, even her personality is different around him.
It was cool seeing Ayanokouji briefly fights off her brother AKA school president.

Hearing how Hirokita used to be a failure in the past just made me curious to know her backstory. Same goes for Ayanokouji since he's suspected to deliberately lose marks... Coincidence? I think not!

ED song was nice, suprising amount of bass for a song like that, but I don't like the blur effect used for the background too much...
ShadowkillZDec 22, 2018 10:50 PM
Jul 12, 2019 5:13 PM

Oct 2017
Looks that Horikuta brother's someone who's high in hierarchy school.
End of episode was kinda suprising for me..
Sep 19, 2019 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
Sudden fistfight was weird, also the MC apparently is great in everything despite getting only 50 points? Or was it intentional after all? Anyhow it's kinda weird.
Oct 20, 2019 3:43 AM

Mar 2015
Lel obligatory plot threatening to burst out of a swimsuit scene!

Also, surprise surprise, MC is more OP than he lets on!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 25, 2019 8:56 AM
Oct 2019
Please tell me what Kushida says from 6:30 in this episode.
It’s too fast for me to hear...

Kushida: Back in middle school, I was probably a worst swimmer in the whole wide world. But then I practice really hard and nowadays I don’t think _____________________.
Horikita: Wow. That’s fascinating.
Mar 3, 2020 10:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So they can get good grades, they just have to work, but I think there will be more problems...
Looks like the mc is dead inside but sportive outsite.
Oct 6, 2020 8:34 PM

Sep 2018
Imagine starting with a philosophical phrase and then immediately putting fanservice.

It was quite cliche and convenient the alley time. I didn't know that being good at calligraphy and piano makes you good at fighting.
Dec 31, 2020 10:02 PM

Mar 2017
gotta say i have been pretty unimpressed so far but when the MC did the dodgy move fight thing my interest is now piqued. i am intrigued to learn more about him
Jan 3, 2021 2:04 PM
May 2020
bruhh the whole class was drinking that smart water ahlie
Apr 8, 2021 2:15 AM

Dec 2013
Black haired girl, whose name I have no idea how to spell, really needs to learn how to cooperate with others a little more. Although I can't blame her for being the way she is with a brother like that.

This episode at least made me more interested in the MC and his eventual backstory.
May 7, 2021 12:49 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
YYYEEEEAAAHHH ok I’m back to finish this shit! Don’t ask why but I just got interested again all of a sudden! Maybe because I keep seeing this stuff on all the anime Instagram meme accounts that I follow

TO GET YOU UP TO SPEED watched some of this some time last year, went into it with low expectations and bad impressions due to the polarized overall consensus, and dropped it around halfway through because I just thought it was kind of obnoxious.

But now I’m going in with a clean slate and an open and accepting mine, and it actually isn’t that bad, kind of COOL actually! Still don’t think I’m overall going to like this by the end but I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt. Alright bye gonna watch some more of this, cya

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 10, 2021 9:37 PM

Apr 2020
none of them wanted having no huge monthly allowance, so they all studied hard lol
Jul 3, 2021 7:43 AM

Mar 2019
Well that was anticlimactic, lmao.

Feels rushed to me, like how did they all get passing grades. Also damn, the fanservice in this episode was unfathomable. Getting the Saiki-vibes here with Ayanokouji. Good episode overall.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 24, 2021 4:34 PM
Sep 2020
Well a lot happened and i feel like Ayanokouji and Horikita are a lot closer than they were before. Also the story is still very interesting and really good !!
Feb 22, 2022 4:18 AM

Jun 2019
That was a cool episode. Ayanokoji was so cool there facing her brother like that. Also, looks like he sees through this school very well. Nice.
Apr 20, 2022 6:05 AM
Oct 2019
damn Kushida Boobs are all over the screen..
the Fan service continues. lol

Ayanokouji is really not your typical MC.
Jun 22, 2022 3:13 PM
Apr 2022
I like the main character
Jul 25, 2022 9:09 PM
Oct 2019
yo i dig what this is throwing down

loner girl is trying to help the "dumb" kids in class. but she's a beach and the dumb kids are...dumb. she wants to prove to her older brother (student council president) that she's not a loser or something, idk

loner guy turns out to be some academic genius and some martial arts genius. scoring exactly 50% on all his exams...
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

211 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

171 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

235 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 11, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2017

335 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 9, 10:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.