Forum Settings
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 1, 2018 6:09 AM

Dec 2015
good animation , environment . i think the story pacing is a bit too fast, making this into a series will end up better than summing up into whole movie. i think im gonna rewatch NGNL again when i got the time
Mar 1, 2018 7:05 AM

Nov 2013
This was a huge letdown, way too much forced melodrama and the plot was all over the place. My favorite part was seeing sexy Jibril again, bur the rest was pretty boring. A second season of the original would be much appreciated.

4/10
Mar 1, 2018 7:58 AM

Jan 2014
I see, so this is the story how Tet become One True God.
The character looks similar, maybe Sora and Shiro are the reincarnation of Riku and Schwi?
Mar 1, 2018 3:56 PM

May 2017
It lived up to everything I thought it would be
Mar 2, 2018 8:07 AM

Oct 2015
Sorreh said:
way better than the series
Would you please enlighten me in what ways is the movie better than the series?
Mar 2, 2018 8:13 AM

Oct 2015
Turnerus said:
Why is there no other movie or anime like this movie?? its so sad to see something so great only once...(and no the series is not close enough to be this good)

In poll terms I would give it a ∞/5 but it seems I'm stuck giving it a 5/5 instead.

Seriously though why is there so few recommendations on this movie??
In what sense is there no other movie (or anime) like this? It's an apocalyptic setting that focuses on an underaged-looking robot girl gets emotions.... those two aspects are seen in anime a lot, and not only.
Mar 2, 2018 9:35 AM

Sep 2017
Everyone here is saying that they cried their eyes out and i feel like i'm the only one who just couldn't take this movie seriously at all...

The reason i love NGNL is because of the witty strategies, fun character interactions and lighthearted humor, but this movie was nothing more than pretty much different looking versions of the same main characters(they even got the same voices) acting way too overdramatic for their own good.

Maybe it's because i've just rewatched the chimera ant arc in HxH and after Komugi and Meruem's relationship, Riku and Schwi just had no chance of impressing me(they are both fairly similar relationships)

Nevertheless, nothing that i loved about NGNL is present in this movie(story-wise)
ppl don't think their opinions be wrong, but it do.
Mar 2, 2018 11:02 AM
Jan 2018
I love it and i can't stop thinking about it and made me emotional in two hours ...goodjob. the characters are pretty similar to the series and it made me thing that Ted brought shiro and sora to that world because they remind him of the two and he wants them to complete that chess game that riku and shiwi started.
Mar 2, 2018 8:41 PM

Jul 2017
Is it just me or did Schwi's development feel kinda forced. It was litterally Riku crying for 1hr 40min straight and Schwi just understands? Idk it felt kinda anti-climatic and wasnt really something worth crying about.

Yea it was a pretty good movie but... if i wanted to see robot girl turns human then plastic memories was much better in that aspect (but then again different genres so cant really argue about that)

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Mar 2, 2018 9:45 PM
Jan 2018
Nostalgik said:
Turnerus said:
Why is there no other movie or anime like this movie?? its so sad to see something so great only once...(and no the series is not close enough to be this good)

In poll terms I would give it a ∞/5 but it seems I'm stuck giving it a 5/5 instead.

In what sense is there no other movie (or anime) like this? It's an apocalyptic setting that focuses on an underaged-looking robot girl gets emotions.... those two aspects are seen in anime a lot, and not only.

The amount of anime/anime movies I have seen is very limited so this was more directed at the fact that there are only a total of 3 userrecs for this movie...I'm limited in my ways of finding good anime.
Mar 3, 2018 8:10 AM

Aug 2014
So i want to know something, how did those ex-machinas exist? They were made to do a job and all but who made them? I loved the movie tho
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 3, 2018 8:53 AM

Feb 2016
Pretty enjoyable compare to the Tv series, if not way better. This would have been a wholesome experience if I didn't foresee Schwi and Riku well, bad end.
9/10
♬ Nothing's gonna change my love for you
You ought to know by now how much I love you
One thing you can be sure of
I'll never ask for more than your love ♬
Mar 3, 2018 11:06 AM

Nov 2014
Fuck me. I try to use full scale when scoring, but 10 is just not enough for this one. Story, characters, art, music, everything was just perfect for me.
I have to admit I didn't expect it to be so heavy. Caught me totally of guard with all the feels. Tbh until the end I hoped to see them brought back to life in the revived world.

Question to LN readers (if anyone reads posts on 5th page lol):
Is tone of Zero exception, or does the main story actually get heavier than part adapted in first anime?
JustAnotherShiroMar 3, 2018 11:14 AM
Mar 3, 2018 11:13 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Mezo-RPWPA said:
So i want to know something, how did those ex-machinas exist? They were made to do a job and all but who made them? I loved the movie tho
Mar 3, 2018 5:32 PM

Sep 2015
Finally have time to watch it and....

Too much drama for my taste of NGNL but still it was AMAZING!

Love Story 100/10 really need to ship Sora Shirou more but its still feel weird to ship them.

Too much mixed feeling about some character because they have same face and got some kind reincarnation later.

And Tet was already there before the war end but who is he?
i mean come on we almost never saw him clear on flashback and he randomly grab the title One True God and end the war?

Really mad about Jibril but she still best girl.

Please S2 WHEN? I NEED IT!

Into the Internet!
Mar 3, 2018 10:05 PM

Mar 2014
Not a LN reader but it felt dissapointing considering how good the series was.

The plot wasn't that interesting, the pacing felt rushed, barely any character development which felt rushed as fuck (that marriage proposal made me laugh at how sudden it was) and some things could have been explained WAY better and other ones could have been explained for starters.

6/10 just because of how godly the visuals were and Jibril. Otherwise it would've been a 5/10 at best.
WrockzenieMar 4, 2018 6:12 AM
Mar 4, 2018 5:48 PM

Oct 2014
Nostalgik said:
Turnerus said:

You mean in fiction today?
Mar 4, 2018 5:59 PM

Oct 2014
And thus was the greatest thievery on Disboard, by the once weakest existence of the plane.
No, not by Imanity and Riku, from the other races,
but by Tet, an imaginary being only brought by the combination Riku's imagination and faith and the huge amount of force of the three great bombs, from Riku.

That was good. That was very good. :')
Mar 4, 2018 7:40 PM
Oct 2017
Main weakness of this movie was the relationship between these two felt rushed. But it still quite make sense.

I gave 9/10

GGWP
Mar 5, 2018 5:48 AM

Oct 2015
Revvie-chan said:
Nostalgik said:

You mean in fiction today?
Well yeah. Those are not very uncommon settings, dare I say tropes. But I guess NGNL:Zero succeeds in bringing those themes to the mainstream "otaku" audience
Mar 5, 2018 8:26 AM

Aug 2015
Sad, funny, cute, beautiful, tragic. Speechless.
Mar 5, 2018 11:31 AM
Oct 2007
I wasn't too impressed with the first half of the movie to be honest but I do understand that the build-up and introduction is needed. It's actually too short and splitting into 2 concurs might do the trick. However that would mean the first part is highly likely to be more boring than the second (just like Hunger Game: Mocking Jay Part 1 & 2).

The pacing in return feels a bit squeezed because of the above. Not remembering much from the main TV series aren't helping out either (except from the memory / impression that I really like the show). I really love how the second part of the movie turns out though despite that the story plot as a whole is slightly lacklustre personally for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2018 11:58 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
It couldn't be helped about being rushed since it's a movie. 9/10 is a fitting score.

Mar 5, 2018 1:54 PM

Aug 2015
Should I have read LN before watching this movie? I've just finished it and I have zero understanding about what I've seen.
Mar 5, 2018 5:18 PM

Nov 2016
This was wonderful. They really outdid themselves with this movie, they tried something different from the anime and it ended up being brilliant. Now, SECOND SEASON PLEASE.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2018 10:11 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
MrMik1995 said:
wakka9ca said:

-Tet did not exist before. The wish of Riku and the collective Imanity created Tet and it was nothing short of a miracle.
-The Imanity existed before the Old Deus. The Imanity were the original natives of this world. The Old Deus came later and brought and created the other races.
-The ex-machina did not become extinct. If a second season is made they will become very important.
-The ex-machina were created or brought just like the other non-Imanity races to this world

So Tet was just a fragment of imagination of Riku before that?

It's this trope:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ClapYourHandsIfYouBelieve
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 6, 2018 6:48 PM

Apr 2013
That got dark real fast, but so good.
Finally got to see how brutal and violent Flugel's can be during the war.
Schwi and Riku were imo way better develop than Sora and Shiro.
shayryuMar 6, 2018 6:53 PM
Mar 6, 2018 8:32 PM

Jul 2014
lulque, only the last quarter of the movie was interesting, everything else was a snoozefest tbh.

6/10 because +1 animation/artwork.

Time to rewatch s1.
Mar 6, 2018 10:03 PM

Oct 2014
Terkhev said:
Question to LN readers (if anyone reads posts on 5th page lol):
Is tone of Zero exception, or does the main story actually get heavier than part adapted in first anime?

Nah, exception.

Well, NGNL LN loves doing that, foreshadowing sadness in its characters' development while keeping the main content focused on the Sora-Shiro genius gamer part, comedy, and a little politic.
Vol 6 was like a background story, provided so that the writer can finally get into the main plot (what S1 had was just like a prologue.)
This "main plot" itself, we're not even near the big conflict, as only in the latest vol the Ex-Machina are (re-)introduced.

So, what you're asking... I doubt we will get another vol similar to this one (with tragedy as its main tone,) but it's not that there's no such tone.
But, then again: who knows? After all, Tet said it: Sora & Shiro's tale is the new myth.
Revvie-chanMar 6, 2018 10:10 PM
Mar 7, 2018 3:06 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
MrMik1995 said:
wakka9ca said:

It's this trope:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ClapYourHandsIfYouBelieve

I was talking about before him becoming a god,when he is seen playing with Riku and when Riku is talking about Tet to Schwi.Either the kid took his delusions or dreams seriously or Tet actually existed.

It's a mix of both. Tet existed within the imagination of Riku and was materialized at the very end.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 7, 2018 3:12 PM

Jul 2013
"Evil" Jibril is 10/10. You have to feel bad for Riku too, he stayed a virgin till the very end.
Mar 8, 2018 8:17 AM

Apr 2012
I liked and disliked the tv series, so I wasn't putting many hope for this movie. However the movie was surprisingly good. It filled with fluid animation and good cinematography, however the story and the character are still lacking in some area (hole here and there, but most of them are ignorable and/or in no way will affect how we view the series as whole).
Solid 65/100 inflated to 7/10 because I like Djibril.
Mar 8, 2018 11:44 PM
Apr 2009
For those who were observant, the Queen of the Seirens (mermaid) Laira also made an appearance in the movie. Only the people who have read the light novels would know where to spot her.

Please note that the mermaid that appeared in the race snapshots near the end of the movie was just a random mermaid, and not the Queen herself. I promise you all that Laira IS in the movie. I'll be more than happy to point out where she is if people are curious ^^

I thought the easter egg was fantastic, which also strongly hinted that season two of the anime was not a pipe dream after all.
Mar 9, 2018 1:29 AM
Mar 2018
What do you think?🙄😯
Mar 9, 2018 1:32 AM
Mar 2018
What do you think guys?🙄😯
Mar 9, 2018 2:54 AM

Jul 2013
MrMik1995 said:
Illyricus said:
"Evil" Jibril is 10/10. You have to feel bad for Riku too, he stayed a virgin till the very end.

Yeah she wasn't exactly that different compared to show she is in the TV show timeline,we see her movie side of personality when she battles with Sora and Shiro and other small moments later except those were a game,no actual fighting happened while the movie had reality of a war era.
Her personality is right in sync with the timeskip considering both era's situations.
I know that, here what I put the world evil in quotation marks. If I remember right, in the current time where the series is situated, she even has fond memories of the war times (I think she even destroyed the capital of the elves).
Mar 9, 2018 2:59 AM

Mar 2016
This prequel is seriously amazing! The story, graphics,animation, sound, characters, events and everything else is beautifully well done! All hail Madhouse for another epic work! The animation is top quality and even if the theme songs are not really perfect, the sound effects of the explosion and everything else make up for it.

The story is very cute and adorable, it has some dark events for a PG-13 show, I personally love how they managed to stop the war without even physically participating in the war. The funny in-between moments are also quite good.

Schwi's and Riku's relationship and how it came to an end gave me the feels... (No tears but still feels) Shiro and Sora must be some kind of their other-world-reincarnations or something.

I still hope for a second season!
Mar 9, 2018 6:05 PM
Aug 2016
After watching the movie I am a bit confused now and I've some questions...
1-So the person who gets the "Suniaster" is allowed to be the only and true god and creates the rules he wants?
2-Why was Riku vanishing when he tried to touch the "Suniaster"?
3- So when Teto got the "Suniaster" he created the 6 rules that Riku mentioned?
4- Was Teto hided all the time next to Riku?
5- All the ExMachina are extinguished?
6- what does Teto mean with Achete and Aschente?

It's been a while since I saw No game No life so i cannot remember many thing about the anime now

Thank you!
Mar 9, 2018 6:36 PM
Aug 2014
I love the series, but didn't like this movie, so boring. But I gave a high score anyway, don't know which score to give. So 7/10 for pity.
Mar 10, 2018 11:38 PM
Mar 2010
@RadiantFYS

A#1: As per the movie's narrative dictates, Suniaster is the omnipotent item that will ascend a being into god level.
A#2: Perhaps, because Riku is just a human. Never a god material.
A#3: There's a bit of a revision in Tet's 10 pledges, but yeah, he definitely picked up Riku's 6 laws for reference.
A#4: The plot dictated that Tet is a manifestation of Riku's desires and it appears that's the case.
A#5: With how Schwi managed to give the Ex-Machinas the definition of what is heart, they finally transcended from a machine who's living yet lacking into a being who've known a heart. Perhaps, they were just looking for a non-logical reason as to why are they alive despite not feeling anything.
A#6: Achetto, as per the movie depicted, is a term for honoring those who have perished. Aschento, to acknowledge the other races and Aschente, a pledge to Tet's Ten Pledges.

Well, this movie is very impressive. From the narrative, to the characterization, I couldn't really ask for more. While this may piss off some cynical trying-hard critic of some sort, this prequel is a grand example of what's a good movie. Engaging dialogues, very compelling characters, and if the drama appears to be too much for some, I doubt it's enough to criticize the movie, cause it's not even the drama that made this movie so good. The pacing could've been better if this is a TV series, but given a 2hr movie format, that is just too much to ask. A perfect 10/10 despite a slow start.

Animation, coloring, on a visual aspect is amazing. No Game No Life has neven been this good.
Mar 10, 2018 11:49 PM
Aug 2017
Best Scene :
- When Schwi told Riku that he will be virgin forever.
- Jibril vs Schwi.
- The birth of 10 pledges.
Esie-EyenMar 10, 2018 11:55 PM
Mar 12, 2018 12:24 PM

May 2012
Very enjoyable movie. I really liked it.

I found the marriage proposal a little strange cause both of them seemed to be together for just a short time. I think this effect was cause more cause everything seemed to be occurring in a single day (obviously it was not) and could have been fixed if the amount of days passing were informed.

Nonetheless it was pretty good. I hope for a second season.
I despise woke people.
Mar 12, 2018 7:45 PM

Apr 2013
Had to wait forever but was finally able to see the movie...
Why is this movie so sad? And why is shuvi so cute?

Lol when they tricked Couronne

Highlight for me was Jibril fighting Shuvi, i kind of forgot about Jibrils weird attitude lol
Jibril was so merciless to shuvi, at least she respected her at the end of the battle which she didn't do in the beginning T_T
also small Jibril is adorable
the other regressed Flügel were also cute though

The film was awesome and i need the sequel to season 1 even more now
DelusionalUzumeMar 12, 2018 8:04 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Mar 12, 2018 11:18 PM

Feb 2015
Been waiting ages for this movie to come out and here it is.

i don't even remember how many times i cried while watching it, and i did not see that coming! this was dark, Emotional and tragic, exactly the opposite of the original TV series and i loved it. solid 10/10 from me.
Mar 13, 2018 9:14 PM

Oct 2017
This is the movie is definitely the one of best animated in 2017. Although there might be some flaws I don't think the flaws would big enough to affect the movie in general. Soundtracks are so amazing and not to mention the animation quality of those fight scenes. Since the main focus of the theme is not just romance between Shuwi and Riku, it also explains how the world disboard in NGNL formed, how Riku and Human race in a world were humans are the weakest and have no future living in this apocalypse world, Riku and Shuwi become the unknown heroes to end the endless war.

For an around 90min film, It's very very hard to include such a huge world perspective and all the details, I think they did a great job although some of the parts are not detailly explained ( I think the scenes between Riku and Shuwi is still reasonable as romance plot is very hard to develop in a 90min film.). I really recommend the movie and No game no life novel vol.6 which basically talks about this plot. The story is needed as it helps explain and develop the future volumes of the novel if you have read it.

“It's okay to live, even if there's no greater point to living. -” Konno Yuuki

“God would never put us through all this suffering if he didn't think we could bear it.” -Konno Yuuki

“Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard.” – Sora

Mar 14, 2018 12:47 PM

Jan 2016
It had a great art style but it was a boring anime for me
i gave it a 5/10
Mar 14, 2018 6:38 PM

May 2015
Only one word to describe my feelings toward this movie: mind-blown.

That was absolutely amazing. Atmosphere was so much more serious than the sequel, from what I recall at least. I didn't even expect it to be so emotional and stir up my feelings like that. Simply blown away.

We better get a second season!

10/10.

Mar 16, 2018 12:53 AM

May 2017
If I'm allowed to give more, I'll give it 10 outta 5 stars :))
When I first saw the shadow of "someone" who played with Riku idk why I got a feeling it's Tet XDXD
But I still don't understand what race is Tet came from and how the heck he suddenly came out of nowhere and took that siniaster.
I'M STILL WAITING FOR SEASON 2 !!!! I hope Sora doesn't lie when he said let's begin the game..
re:education - vocaloid

Acedia, Luxuria, Ira, Superbia

Mar 19, 2018 3:04 AM

Oct 2014
Why can't I rate it more than 10/10
I like that there is Shuvi's name written inside the ring, meaning it was made just for her.

PS: pray4s2
planetarianVoIdMar 19, 2018 3:18 AM
Mar 19, 2018 8:13 PM

Feb 2015
I have to accept that despite the fact that the anime development was pretty normal, no game no life has a world very interesting, Disboard is a place full of mysteries and history. The eternal war was a great event in this world and in incredible to know how the humans took their place between the intelligent races. Also the characters were very good and with an impact in the actual time. The present would not be the same without Riku and Schwi.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» this movie is boring

Sunproof21 - Sep 28, 2021

42 by JJT1407 »»
Jan 21, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Schwi + Riku > Sora + Shiro

NotaMasterpiev - May 12, 2023

10 by Ionliosite2 »»
Sep 7, 2023 2:28 PM

Poll: » Preferred the movie to the series

Cestlavie_ - Jan 27, 2022

11 by removed-user »»
Aug 3, 2022 3:43 AM

» watch order?

Raulfin - May 26, 2022

18 by solomino »»
May 28, 2022 2:13 PM

» My problem

Immortalbeing - Apr 4, 2022

16 by Blank_BDM »»
Apr 11, 2022 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.