Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 24, 2019 10:42 AM
Apr 2016
x2kill4 said:
hmm actually i dont really understand what the main idea about this anime,,
but like war, person honor, love or the price of human life,,
but its ok for me

There are two main ideas, as really main main ideas:
One is about language being a construct rather more complex than people are used to consider. Rather than being merely a tool for the people.
Second is how the world is divided into prospering and collapsing nations. Film draws direct parallel between how prospering states cause discord and tragedies worldwide to make sure their own societies do not end up the same way. This is world-scale hypocrisy and when the main character learns its full extent, he decides to do justice. For all the evil caused by developed Western societies (and some less western), he activates genocidal organ in U.S., during a court hearing, broadcasted worldwide. Causing everyone to choke on their own medicine.
I would say reflecting upon that the said prospering societies are ought to tune down their exploitation of lesser societies, and instead start supporting them... But this is 2019 right here and there is no sign of repentance from them.
Re:formed
Sep 1, 2019 8:17 AM

Sep 2015
What a fine lad MC is, throwing "first world" countries into civil war, so they can share fate of "third world shitholes" which are used as territories for proxy-wars.
Based.
The opinions of people with shit taste, such as yourself, may differ of course.
Sep 2, 2019 11:08 AM
Jun 2016
No one has commented about how the movie cut out Clavis' dreams and visions which were some of the best stuff in the novel. Don't think the adaptation does novel any favor. For example the dialogues and monologues in novel are obviously better because they're more in depth but the anime also isn't as atmospheric as I remember novel to be. I remember novel described in great deal about the dolphin flesh pods and how weird it was and also the battle in India took place in a train, not generic sci-fi plane. I really wanted to see how they would adapt his flashbacks about his mother or the traumatic nightmares but they just avoided it all together. Simply put the adaptation has all the flaws of the novel but none of the strengths (aside from cool action and gore). If anyone liked the movie enough but hasn't read the novel, do so.
Jan 21, 2020 1:41 PM
Apr 2016
Gerver said:
What a fine lad MC is, throwing "first world" countries into civil war, so they can share fate of "third world shitholes" which are used as territories for proxy-wars.
Based.

This is called Justice. Something the "first world" is built upon. The bell tolls for the time is due to prove the foundation.
Re:formed
Jul 25, 2021 8:09 AM

Jun 2016
I'm 100% sure I saw Nancy Pelosi in this film.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Dec 28, 2021 11:47 AM

Jan 2013
Gerver said:
Based.

Now that's what I call edgy!
Apr 7, 2022 1:10 PM

Aug 2017
Coming after Harmony, I'm once again surprised at the general distaste people outside of Japan have for this movie. It's good on a technical level (first-person shots in anime are rare!) and the themes are thought-provoking. I'm not sure how much basis Paul's theories have in actual real-world science, but it's an interesting concept used to provide a social commentary (just like in Harmony).
The diversity of locations was pleasing (Project Itoh was a pretty well-read man, it seems), though I with there was less dark (in a literal sense) moments during action sequences.
Murase's designs for the MC remind me of his later work on Hathaway.
Oh, and I happened to watch it in the same year the main events are taking place, 2022.
St0rmbladeApr 7, 2022 1:16 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Forgive me for being late. So what happened exactly?

mufarari - Feb 3, 2023

2 by DesertBornBoy »»
Feb 3, 2023 10:15 AM

» Sub or dub?

Raz1515 - Nov 9, 2017

12 by SimplySam »»
Nov 7, 2022 10:26 PM

» Different ending from the novel? [spoilers]

kari-ya - Dec 28, 2021

0 by kari-ya »»
Dec 28, 2021 11:27 AM

» What to expect? [To those that watched it]

removed-user - Feb 3, 2017

14 by Daniel_Naumov »»
Aug 24, 2019 10:44 AM

» Manglobe entering bankruptcy

YoxalLoyal - Sep 30, 2015

8 by DonTrumpolino »»
Oct 2, 2018 12:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.