Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 26, 2017 7:13 PM
Nov 2016
I was watching my shiny new copy just now and something clicked in to me about the mob boss. Is he the guy from JP's flashback dream? They both dress the same and he has two beautiful women doting on him. To me it would make sense that he is. JP clearly idolized him and got caught up in his gang leading him to the mess he is in. The timeline also fits as JP is apparently 28 (according to a wikia.) and looks about probably 10-ish in the flashback
Jul 29, 2017 1:50 AM
Jul 2015
Frisbee got involved with the mafia in order to get better car parts.JP entered a race with Frisbee's life on the line, but he lost.Things got worse.The police arrested the head of the gang and they found out that Frisbee was involved.JP served in jail instead of him, to repay Frisbee's trust in him.

We know that a teenage JP looked up to the blonde guy but it did not seem like their business with the mafia had anything to do with personal feelings.

The mafia guy's plan was simple.Make people bet on JP and then make them lose their money by finishing dead last.
Even though he had to play along with the old guy in order to pay off his bondsman he tried to win the yellow line race.
Among others, he tried to with the red line race for Frisbee.
Still, the old man can be the blonde guy from JP's past but i doubt it.

To me, it seems like the blonde guy was just a racer that beat them and instead of them, he had everything' fame, money and a fast car.They were "not just amateurs.They're total s**t, s**t racers"
As for the women..it's a well known cliche.Every rich guy, even if he's old and ugly, has many beautiful women "serving" him.

If someone has more clues, or another theory regarding the mafia guy, i'd really like to check it out :)
PanteZJul 29, 2017 1:54 AM
My name is Kino.
I'm on a journey, traveling to various places.
And you are?
Jul 29, 2017 1:54 AM

Jan 2009
ye a lot of people thinks the mafia boss and the blonde man that makes young JP envious are the same person and it makes sense
Aug 19, 2020 11:10 AM
Oct 2019
I thought the mafia boss and the flashback guy in the convertible were two different people.

The flashback guy was just a cool guy in a cool car with some hot chicks, which is what initially piqued JP's interest in cars. And then eventually led him to watching Sonoshee race. Which led him to racing himself (and falling in love).

The mafia guy is just some guy Frisbee went to for money. Nothing more.

Why would the flashback convertible guy give JP a thumbs up while winning the Redline if he were the mafia boss?!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Redline Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

De-JaY - Aug 20, 2010

353 by TheWizardSaturn »»
Apr 29, 3:22 PM

» Delisted

DrFluffyUnicorn - Mar 6

4 by amermelao »»
Mar 13, 2:08 PM

» Whay did Sonoshee...

SinDrake - Mar 5

1 by DoobieSam »»
Mar 5, 6:01 PM

Poll: » dub or sub

Sunproof21 - Jul 15, 2023

10 by HenryLeo123 »»
Feb 7, 2:08 PM

» How has no one acknowledged this movie's crazy Jojo vibes?

coreynj - Feb 14, 2023

23 by YahiyaX777L »»
Oct 5, 2023 5:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.