Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 26, 2017 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What an awesome finale. Minami brings the ultimate challenge in this race and I love the momentum. Everyone got hyped from outside the crowd for these cyclists.

From Junta's point of view, this race felt very intense and personal. I love how this episode/finale adapted the human expression from him. Race felt slightly dragged at some parts with the flashbacks but imo, it's still meaningful to develop the rivalry between him and Minami. Good season overall and finale. Such a close race to the end tbh.
Jun 26, 2017 11:37 AM

Jan 2015
Even after all this time longing for be in the first place, Teshima didn't forget about how to have a "manly" match with Manami. Manami also don't forget to thank Teshima for the waiting and have a fair match. Even after receive the result, Sohoku Team never give up and getting fired up instead.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 26, 2017 12:13 PM

Feb 2013
Teshima, you are too good for your own sake!
Wow, all three senpai are coming to the race!
Jun 26, 2017 12:15 PM
Mar 2016
They got me. The first time Teshima was failing a few episodes back, I thought that'll be the moment Onoda would be there to pick him up. I'm actually glad he didn't make it before the finish line. Teshima's greatest strength is his ability to inspire those around him through his hard work. The fact that Onada wasn't too far behind hyped the Sohoku riders even more. That 20 second wait is where I thought Onada would show up but I guess it was just enough to put the two of them in sight for him.

I hope we get three more seasons. Two seasons for each year of the Inter High. I don't just want to see what happens next season st the conclusion of this Inter High. I want to see what happens when a Onada and company are third years. If done right, sports animes can actually go on forever. Just have to introduce new, interesting characters each year.
Jun 26, 2017 12:17 PM

Nov 2007
What a great final episode, I couldn't have asked for more. And what a great build-up for season 4 with the senpai coming to the race, tbh I was missing them already somehow.
Now to hibernate until season 4 gets released! OxO
Jun 26, 2017 12:20 PM

Apr 2013
That was a great episode. Glad I didn't spoil myself on the manga last week (I tried but it wasn't translated yet lmao).

I'm inspired now. Gotta hit the gym hard the next month so I can bring my Izumida back to Metrocon this year (haven't done him in a few cons now)
Jun 26, 2017 12:27 PM

Dec 2014
Epic episode.

TESHIMA!! You are the man!! I have massive respect for this guy. This is what I wanted to see, this is exactly what I wanted to see. I knew he wouldn't want to win by lucking out. After what he showed us with his duel with Koga, I knew Teshima wouldn't want a win by luck and I'm super glad he stayed true to that. The moment I saw Teshima waiting with his bike, I was grinning like crazy. Take real courage and guts to stay true to your ideals and teshima deserves every bit of praise he can get.

Manami won the race as expected, his victory shout was nice.
Onoda showed up just in time to support Teshima. :)

Midousuji is finally making his move, Hype!!

Loved how Sohoku was motivated as ever despite their loses on both the flats and the mountains.
The Third years are coming to the race!! Jin is probably gonna get pulled over for that driving. XD

Overall, another great season of Yowamushi Pedal. Had everything I wanted from it, the epic races, the motivational moments and the inspiration, the team spirit, the zeal, the energy, the entertaining characters and everything else that I can't exactly list down. Special mention to Teshima as he really shone throughout this season, his " I believe there's a moment when an ordinary man beats a genius" still sticks with me. Can't wait for S4 and for the continuation of the race. If anything, the only thing I missed this season was that there wasn't enough Midousuji.

9/10
Jun 26, 2017 12:49 PM

Aug 2014
TESHIMA IS WAY TOO PRECIOUS, WE-ARE-NOT-WORTHY.gif

This so far was my favorite season (although the first few episodes of Grande Road are the franchise's highlight in my opinion), can't wait for season 4. Guess I'll just re-watch the whole thing to make this waiting less painful.

Lelouch0202 said:

Overall, another great season of Yowamushi Pedal. Had everything I wanted from it, the epic races, the motivational moments and the inspiration, the team spirit, the zeal, the energy, the entertaining characters and everything else that I can't exactly list down. Special mention to Teshima as he really shone throughout this season, his " I believe there's a moment when an ordinary man beats a genius" still sticks with me. Can't wait for S4 and for the continuation of the race. If anything, the only thing I missed this season was that there wasn't enough Midousuji.

Teshima was amazing this season. I never thought he would come so far.
I loved that we got a whole race involving Naruko x Midousuji but damn he needed more screen time.

Cream_Soda said:

I'm inspired now. Gotta hit the gym hard the next month so I can bring my Izumida back to Metrocon this year (haven't done him in a few cons now)

huh... d-d-do you have some pics?
Jun 26, 2017 1:00 PM

Apr 2013

Cream_Soda said:

huh... d-d-do you have some pics? [/quote]

Found my Kinjou, too, lol. And yes, those are andy/frank nametags. Guess I need a fabian as well.

Gotta drop like 15 lbs though to get back to that physique, but I got 5 weeks before Metrocon, so it should be doable if I do some extra cardio

https://imgur.com/a/iEHOs
Jun 26, 2017 1:05 PM
Apr 2016
I knew from the start he woudln't get it, but shiiiit, did I want him to win
Jun 26, 2017 1:43 PM

May 2016
howww can they finish the season if the race is not over yet??
Jun 26, 2017 1:51 PM

Apr 2013
Skin_so_Soft said:

Not enough source material
Jun 26, 2017 1:53 PM

Aug 2010
Friggin Teshima....RESPEKT MAN T^T
Jun 26, 2017 1:53 PM

Nov 2016
TESHIMA YOU AMAZING SON OF A BITCH !!!

His behaviour was absolutely admirable and unmatched in terms of manliness. Sure I'm a little disappointed over his loss, but what I could witness in exchange for his win is even better than that.

Onoda was able to catch up and saved the worn out Teshima and the race for the finish line of day 1 is about to start.

And to top this epic episode off the former third years are back, hell what a way to end this season.

Although New Generation started a little bit slow it managed to get better during it's course and at the very latest the moment the Inter High started it was back to it's old glory. The matches were thrilling as usal and I had a lot of fun.

Great season overall 8/10 and I can't wait for the sequel.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 26, 2017 2:30 PM

Nov 2007
my babe Junta is too good for this world;;

I love Manami too but i really wanted to see Junta get no.1. But i guess it's much less painful than if i saw him lose like this against some character i hate (which is only Mid*usuji i think).
Well,at least he got no.1 in official Yowapeda character popularity poll two times,lol

That ending!so Maki-chan's brother doesn't have green hair:')) I was happy to see my good old dudes again...i didn't realize how much i missed them.

I got exactly what i wanted from this season...and that is more Junta screentime. He was my fave since the time they rode at the training camp in 1st season and i wanted more people to understand how amazing he is.

and now for my own tea time~ Until the next season.
Jun 26, 2017 3:03 PM

Jul 2014
The season's over, manateshi is over, my life is over
But seriously TESHIMA IS A SUCH A GOOD GUY AAAAAAAAH
AND MANAMI THNAKING HIM AT THE END WAS GREAT
NOT TO MENTION ONODA'S CLUTCH RESCUE
fantastic season as usual, 10/10, can't wait for S4.
Jun 26, 2017 3:52 PM

Oct 2011
not so thrilled about this season as i was with the previous ones but i like the fact that hakone dominated them so far they are stacked and i like it

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jun 26, 2017 5:34 PM

May 2009
Amazing!!!
Teshima is such a great guy! He pushed himself to the limit, waited for Manami to catch up, and even though he still lost, won Manami's respect! You ain't ordinary, Teshima, YOU'RE EXTRAORDINARY!!
I was also glad Onoda made it in time to save Teshima from falling! Team Sohoku is all about teamwork!
OMG Makishima's back! XD And Kinjou and Tadoroki too!!
I can't wait for the next season! XD
Jun 27, 2017 1:33 AM

Oct 2012
Teshima was such a good guy and the moment Onoda showing up was great.
Can't wait to see more Makishima next season.
Jun 27, 2017 2:53 AM

Jan 2011
Cream_Soda said:
Skin_so_Soft said:

Except next season was already announced.
Jun 27, 2017 9:05 AM

Oct 2011
Season 4 omg 😲 ahhhhhh 😍
Jun 27, 2017 11:02 AM
Oct 2007
Is season 4 confirmed in an official source?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2017 11:34 AM
Dec 2014
pgmhecateii said:
YowaPeda is getting 4th season? Man, I wish Kuroko or Haikyuu were getting that season....disappointed.

I'm sure that Haikyuu is getting a 4th season, but the manga doesn't have enough material for the anime, I think that they'll wait till the nationals end.
And Kuroko didn't get a 4th season because I heard that it ended the same as the manga so there's no point on doing a 4th season.

Also, I love to watch YowaPeda while I'm waiting for Haikyuu to be aired. I really love Onoda!
Jun 27, 2017 12:10 PM

Nov 2009
Stopping was utterly stupid. Manami's chain breaking wasn't Teshima's fault in the slightest, so there was no reason to stop. Words and gratitude from the rival means no jack in this situation. Words aren't results. And the result is, he ended up putting his whole team at an even greater disadvantage now and let that abs weirdo get even more cocky. One hell of effort wasted twice, with nothing to show for it - no, not just that, Sohoku is at one hell of a disadvantage now, even.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 27, 2017 6:16 PM

Apr 2013
ReaperCreeper said:
Cream_Soda said:

Yes, and if they started it now, it'd be a really short season, lol
Jun 27, 2017 6:18 PM

Apr 2013
CG said:
Stopping was utterly stupid. Manami's chain breaking wasn't Teshima's fault in the slightest, so there was no reason to stop. Words and gratitude from the rival means no jack in this situation. Words aren't results. And the result is, he ended up putting his whole team at an even greater disadvantage now and let that abs weirdo get even more cocky. One hell of effort wasted twice, with nothing to show for it - no, not just that, Sohoku is at one hell of a disadvantage now, even.

Not really, the team's morale went up, not down when they saw the result. If they were dejected/lowered morale, you'd have a point.

There's only the mental aspect to it. Teshima winning that wouldn't have made his team physically stronger or any faster vs Hakogaku.

You could technically argue that if he kept riding as hard as he could, he may have taken the check point, but Onoda wouldn't have caught up to him to catch him falling, and winning the checkpoint but losing a member for 2 out of the 3 days of the race is going to put you in a much lower position than simply what happened (which actually raised the morale of the team)
Jun 27, 2017 7:40 PM

Sep 2012
one side of myself can totally say that hats off for that performance of teshima.

meanwhile the other side would say what a stupid thing to do in the middle of racing.

regardless, i am getting very pumped with episode and i like it very much.
i already consider teshima to be beyond normal for a while since he actually surpassed a lot of well known climber in previous episode, however, the biggest achievement of them all would be the fact that he won manami's respect.

another thing would be the improvement of sugimoto, can't believe he is the guy which always skeptical on many thing would be able to stay positive until the very end, this guy also gained a huge boost of development since the first year race.

as for hakogaku, don't seem to learn from previous year defeat which is underestimating sohoku. izumida should've learned something considering he lost in previous year IH but instead, he is getting cocky and currently in a state of arrogance, i don't know whether he want to keep image of strong hakogaku or what but he need to really cast aside that stupid facade, the fact that they are unaware that the defeat of teshima boosted sohoku's morale instead would be at play later on.
this year hakogaku seems like a bunch of overconfidence guys compared to previous year. well, the previous one also cocky but i for some reason can't like the current one as much as the previous one. they seems to forgot that previous year despite all the problem, sohoku stand on top.

meanwhile for kyoto fushimi, i actually kinda like it that now midosuji don't need to do everything alone since i can't accept the fact that previous year he lost because his teammates was not as good as sohoku and hakogaku and yet he still go toe to toe with their ace until the broken teeth crap happened, the guy is a monster.
Jun 27, 2017 8:53 PM

Apr 2013
dend08 said:
one side of myself can totally say that hats off for that performance of teshima.

meanwhile the other side would say what a stupid thing to do in the middle of racing.

regardless, i am getting very pumped with episode and i like it very much.
i already consider teshima to be beyond normal for a while since he actually surpassed a lot of well known climber in previous episode, however, the biggest achievement of them all would be the fact that he won manami's respect.

another thing would be the improvement of sugimoto, can't believe he is the guy which always skeptical on many thing would be able to stay positive until the very end, this guy also gained a huge boost of development since the first year race.

as for hakogaku, don't seem to learn from previous year defeat which is underestimating sohoku. izumida should've learned something considering he lost in previous year IH but instead, he is getting cocky and currently in a state of arrogance, i don't know whether he want to keep image of strong hakogaku or what but he need to really cast aside that stupid facade, the fact that they are unaware that the defeat of teshima boosted sohoku's morale instead would be at play later on.
this year hakogaku seems like a bunch of overconfidence guys compared to previous year. well, the previous one also cocky but i for some reason can't like the current one as much as the previous one. they seems to forgot that previous year despite all the problem, sohoku stand on top.

meanwhile for kyoto fushimi, i actually kinda like it that now midosuji don't need to do everything alone since i can't accept the fact that previous year he lost because his teammates was not as good as sohoku and hakogaku and yet he still go toe to toe with their ace until the broken teeth crap happened, the guy is a monster.

I mean, he is cocky, but he's definitely not underestimating them. He's using every trick in his book because he knows they are a threat. I mean he even went as far as to go out of his way to get Onoda swallowed by the pack.

His persona/words are cocky for sure, but his actions are not those of one who is underestimating his opponent
Jun 27, 2017 8:56 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
pgmhecateii said:
YowaPeda is getting 4th season? Man, I wish Kuroko or Haikyuu were getting that season....disappointed.
YowaPeda's studio and producers are different from Kuroko and Haikyuu's. Kuroko's adaptation is done since it adapted everything from the manga and Haikyuu needs more manga chapters to come out to have enough content for a two-cour season.
Jun 27, 2017 9:47 PM

Nov 2009
Cream_Soda said:
Not really, the team's morale went up, not down when they saw the result. If they were dejected/lowered morale, you'd have a point.

There's only the mental aspect to it. Teshima winning that wouldn't have made his team physically stronger or any faster vs Hakogaku.

You could technically argue that if he kept riding as hard as he could, he may have taken the check point, but Onoda wouldn't have caught up to him to catch him falling, and winning the checkpoint but losing a member for 2 out of the 3 days of the race is going to put you in a much lower position than simply what happened (which actually raised the morale of the team)
I still have a point because it's not like Hakogaku plays crystal fair themselves - refer to what they did so that Onoda couldn't compete for the mountain crown (and this isn't even the first time Hakogaku didn't observe fair play if you remember what Fukutomi did to Kinjou, costing Sohoku the race). There wouldn't have been any unfairness if Sohoku paid back in kind - by Teshima NOT stopping, especially considering that he had absolutely NOTHING to do with Manami's trouble, not to mention didn't bring any physical harm to the opponent.

Next, who's to say Teshima would've fallen if he won. He could've gotten second breath on the wave of the happiness and adrenaline from winning to keep him on his bike. Since we're talking about an if scenario, it makes this guess of mine just as likely as yours, so what you suggested isn't really an argument here.
CGJun 27, 2017 9:51 PM
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 27, 2017 10:05 PM

Apr 2013
CG said:
Cream_Soda said:

I still have a point because it's not like Hakogaku plays crystal fair themselves - refer to what they did so that Onoda couldn't compete for the mountain crown (and this isn't even the first time Hakogaku didn't observe fair play if you remember what Fukutomi did to Kinjou, costing Sohoku the race). There wouldn't have been any unfairness if Sohoku paid back in kind - by Teshima NOT stopping, especially considering that he had absolutely NOTHING to do with Manami's trouble, not to mention didn't bring any physical harm to the opponent.

Next, who's to say Teshima would've fallen if he won. He could've gotten second breath on the wave of the happiness and adrenaline from winning to keep him on his bike. Since we're talking about an if scenario, it makes this guess of mine just as likely as yours, so what you suggested isn't really an argument here.

The fairness point really has nothing to do with anything I posted. There's nothing to argue there. That's a discussion I wasn't part of. My only point there was that losing didn't put his team at the physiological disadvantage. They all got fired up and inspired.

Less likely than so. The fact that he's using the adrenaline to get to that finish line (as he was way past his limit) copuled w/ the fact he still would have been pushing but not have gotten that break would logically make him more likely to fall, not less.
Jun 28, 2017 12:34 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
End this large and boring season with anotheerr disspointing episode...... the goal mountain was winner by Manami, but unjustly...Fair play? i can not stop to smile!!! was this episode a joke? yes, sorry but in the competition world if you have a mistake/error your rivals F**G you without piety!!!!
In this first day, the "yellows" tactics was horrible!!! wear down riders for win nothing and this is not finish and there are two days more, but for this we can wait to the next season!!!!

I hope to the next season return to the "cruelty", "drama" and "enjoy" of the first to seasons, because this was to me a DISAPOINTING!!!!

4/10.
Jun 28, 2017 6:21 PM

Jan 2013
I only wish Onoda would have arrived right when they were stopped and it could have been a 3 way race.
Jun 28, 2017 8:41 PM

Sep 2016
Cream_Soda said:
That was a great episode. Glad I didn't spoil myself on the manga last week (I tried but it wasn't translated yet lmao).

Hey your the guy that made me find Hibike Euphonium after clicking on your profile (after seeing that Frank/Andy cosplay!!). Thanks man :)

Great finale, made me want to go destroy some hills.
Jun 28, 2017 9:21 PM

Jul 2013
I am so pleases with this finale! Plus the 3 are visiting! Oh yeaaa! I kept on shouting while watching! Now I should restrain myself not to read the manga. Haha! Great ride Teshima!! Your ride reached Sohoku! Even to Kaburag felt it! 🙆🏻 He might have lost the title of the mountains but he has earned the respect of the people around him! That's a greater honor one can receive!
Jun 28, 2017 11:23 PM

Apr 2013
vestas said:
Cream_Soda said:

Hey your the guy that made me find Hibike Euphonium after clicking on your profile (after seeing that Frank/Andy cosplay!!). Thanks man :)

Great finale, made me want to go destroy some hills.

Woooo glad you liked Euphonium!
Jun 29, 2017 1:56 AM

Feb 2013
I mean this was good, I just really liked the previous movie/seasons more.

7/10
Jun 29, 2017 2:36 AM

Jun 2011
Black_wind said:

Well,at least he got no.1 in official Yowapeda character popularity poll two times,lol
I got exactly what i wanted from this season...and that is more Junta screentime. He was my fave since the time they rode at the training camp in 1st season and i wanted more people to understand how amazing he is.

I'm actually happy to hear Teshima won a popularity poll at the very least. xD;;;
I was so heartbroken to see him lose, but to see him win a popularity poll really lifted my spirits.

Gosh my respect for Teshima skyrotted that I ended up purchasing I key chain of him on AmiAmi.
Jun 29, 2017 8:37 AM
Oct 2011
While its a shame Teshima didn't win in the end, I was pleasantly glad Onoda didn't catch up before the mountain goal. I was glad that Teshima decided to wait for Manami and take the high road (no pun intended) of having a fair fight. I'm so glad the plot DIDN'T go as I expected it to.

To be honest, when I saw Manami's bike chain come loose and Teshima sped on, despite the smaller part of my conscience considering how it'd feel to win through just luck (luck is part of ones ability as well!!), I was full-heartedly rooting for him to make use of that chance and just keep going. But I'm glad he had the strength to make the decision he did.

Seriously, Teshima has earned much deserved respect from me in these past few episodes. And he definitely deserves more credit for his determination and strength as a leader than he gives himself.

I've enjoyed YowaPedal since the beginning and enjoyed watching the characters grow but never really had any one particular favorite character tbh. Today I've found at least one.

Looking forward to Season 4 :)
Jun 30, 2017 1:07 AM

Jan 2015
You know i wanted to give it a 9 (while my first 2 seasons were 10s) but after this episode its indisputable 10 for me. My favorite scene of the season perhaps is when Makishima was returning back, greeted by Kinjou, i like how he high-fived him. And who was waiting for them in the car? Tadokoro :D Also cant believe they were waiting for him for 6 hours (That's some really great friends :D) Tadokoro human train driving xD OXYGEN...

And my second part again maybe of entire season is when Teshima stopped. Damn dude you are the best. Huge props to Teshima for such insane fair play. As he said once he saw Manami struggling because of technical problems his legs couldnt pedal anymore... No one would've said anything to him if he continued cycling just like some spectators said that he wouldn't have waited if it were him, but Teshima did and that's why Teshima is such an awesome guy. Not many people would've kept going after losing so much but Teshima did and that's the reason Manami started liking and respecting him a lot. Let's say all the trashtalk and disrespect towards Teshima were gone after that :D Manami is now Teshima fanboy.

And what did that loss accomplish? First of all respect from Manami then respect from other Hakone guys finding out that a regular guy like him kept up with the best climber of Inter High (a mountain god. He got the title after winning mountain stage. I wonder if Teshima would've gotten the title if he won instead) Anyway Izumida literally shit himself after he realized that Teshima kept up with Manami and almost won.
Thirdly now Sohoku is literally on fire. Issa was pretty great saying that he feels bad for making fun of Teshima, Imaizumi and Naruko were awestruck as well and Aoyagi is shocked as well. They 4 are all on fire right now and Onoda as well since he saw it firsthand.

I really liked how Onoda got Teshima's back right before he fell that was cool, riding as fast as he could Onoda saved Teshima.
Overall i liked the season, the character development is on point once again. We spent pretty much entire season on Teshima and DAMN IT WAS WORH IT. The payback was huge. And Sugimoto got really great development as well from being negative kinda guy who doesnt believe in miracles he now believes in them. He even was the first guy in the bus who believed that Teshima was neck in neck with Manami because of his own strength and not technical problem.
WE spent huge amount of time on Issa and that was worth it as well from being quite annoying, unbearable guy he became more like a guy who you can rely on. After that final episode where he literally wanted to go in the race for the finish line after situation with Teshima lit him on fire pretty much :D

And the season was just as enjoyable, interesting and creepy (Midosouji,masseuse, big balloon Aoyagi, humangous Doubashi) with great songs as always. I jsut wish Omakes would be more funnier this season... And focus on new characters were still great even though they werent the most likable characters for me they kinda slowly grow on me. Felt really bad that Arakita, Makishima and other senpais left but they still show themselves from time to time (mostly due to flashbacks) so they are still incredibly important and served as a huge inspiration to many other characters. Just wait for next season where we would focus more on Imaizumi and we'll get to flashbacks with him and Kinjou and will learn just how much he treasures and thankful to Kinjou for everything he did for him.

Cant wait for next season. Yowamushi pedal's been my favorite anime ever since i started watching it so i'm really hyped for the next season and quite torn that I wont have Yowamushi pedal in my life again :( until next season starts T.T probably some sadness and despair will hit me later now that the season is over and my life is over :D Cant wait for next season especially because it will focus on my favorite characters Onoda,Imaizumi and Naruko. They will get TONS of screentime.
Jul 1, 2017 12:24 AM

Oct 2008
I'm not gonna delve in on how I am pissed-off with Teshima!
He's the true IDIOT character of 2017, i hope he suicides himself and i don't care also if he falls, Onoda shouldn't catch him and let him die falling.
1/5.
8/10.

Jul 2, 2017 9:26 PM
May 2017
Cream_Soda said:
ReaperCreeper said:

Yes, and if they started it now, it'd be a really short season, lol

Pretty sure they have enough material for a 25 ep season. I think there are 100+ chapters worth of content from where the anime ended.
Jul 3, 2017 4:35 PM

Aug 2015
Good episode. gave this season 7/10 cant wait for the next season.
Jul 5, 2017 6:55 PM
Mar 2010
This third season of YowaPeda braced its usual formula but added another spice called the "Underdogs". This series is best when they give focal screentime to their weakest characters such as Sugimoto from the First-year race and of course, the main highlight, Teshima Junta.

Sugimoto failing to be the 6th man is such a heartbreak. I know he's weak, but he gave his best to omit his usual "I'm an experienced etc" catchphrase to actually improve himself. I wish he'll be one of the starting members in their third year.

Then Teshima. He's been like a broken record, but damn, that "weak" emphasis sure did great wonders on his character buildup. Koga is a monster, but Teshima grinded him to the last moment. Manami is a greater monster, but Teshima ultimately pushed him to his limits. So, I'm willing to wait a year or maybe 18 months for a fourth season. I know the focus will now be on Imaizumi, Naruko and Onoda, but I hope they'll still give Teshima the chance to redeem himself and get a prize tag at some point.

Jul 6, 2017 5:00 PM

Aug 2007
I have no say, this 'I'll stop and wait for you' deal had me screaming at the screen. Do they actually do that in competitive road racing? if so, why on Earth! I don't get it.

But in a way, it helped pump Souhoku and since all that really matters, in the long run, is finishing first in the third day, it might have been for the best. Still, what a dumb thing to do. Luck is a thing in all kinds of sports and you don't just let go of an advantage.

And I wish it had been Manami catching Teshima when he keeling over as opposed to Sakamichi.

I almost wish Midousuji had popped out of nowhere while Teshima and Manami are having their chat and taken the Mountain stage. That would have been brilliant even if unlikely (he'd have to pass the Hakogaku and Souhoku guys, which would probably not actually work) but it would have been a weird stroke of 'wtf'. Mostly because I'd pay to see Midousuji's reaction to this oddball 'I'll wait for you' business.
Aug 23, 2017 7:43 AM
Mar 2012
Surprise twist from Teshima, what a great "ordinary man".
There were dragged episode pacings, but the pumped osts, high intensity races later on & hime return saved it.
Real nice having Teshima, Naruko & Kaburagi developments. There's a lot of new characters, with potential but unfortunately mostly glazed over.
Midousuji parts creepy fun as usual. Kaburagi comedy was perhaps the main new addition.
Sep 15, 2017 8:59 AM

Mar 2015
Great finale! Was kinda hoping Teshima would be a bit selfish/unsportsmanlike at the end there but he was clearly above that.

Can't wait for Season Four!!!

10/10, definitely among my most favourite anime ever!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 8, 2018 2:28 AM

Jun 2011
The series have a lot of problems, and as many have pointed out, seems to have followed similar plot points as the first interhigh, however there's less Onoda this time and his mental breakdown, and more Teshima who's been incredibly inspiring and the type of characters in sports anime that makes you want to pick up the sports. Can't say I agree with his decision of waiting for Manami but I understand the thinking behind the decision.

Some moments still annoy me, but the hot, steamy, sweaty biking competition was very well animated.

Would've loved to get more from the training camp instead of rushing it, could've given more development to the new first year there, it feels like a miss opportunity.

Would be great too to have more Imaizumi development, he's been shoved to the background this season unfortunately, and he's supposed to be the ace of the team.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 25, 2019 11:01 PM

Feb 2019
TESHIMA!! Manami gets redemption. Onoda and Teshima together. Sohoku riled up. Sohoku trio alumni back together!
OXYGEN
ファラオ
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2017

26 by nightjasmine »»
May 5, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2017

34 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 2, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2017

48 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 2, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

39 by sophiaer »»
Jul 31, 2023 11:25 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

24 by Ar1Bu »»
Feb 5, 2023 8:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.