Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2017 5:06 AM
Jul 2016
Who's been drawing dicks?
Jun 26, 2017 5:23 AM

May 2010
Well this episode was a total fanservice, didn't bring any closure whatsoever @_@ Previous ep felt more like the final one in that regard.

What can I even say, it was completely mediocre, and I had some real hopes for this one :< Comedy was fot the most part unfunny, there was a lot of filler-ish, boring stuff, no real conflict or goal till later episodes... I guess the biggest plus is that I didn't hate any of the girls, but I feel pretty much indifferent toward most of them, there's no one I'd actually care about or even want protagonist to end up with...
In case of OreImo, while I hated Kirino, and the ending, I enjoyed the journey for the most part - Kuroneko was lovable, some other heroines like Ayase or Kanako were at least somehow interesting/cute, and I remember laughing a lot more during both seasons... Or maybe I just really need to rewatch it ASAP @_@
PLUS Sagiri has the worst fucking catchphrase in the entire anime universe... "I don't know anyone by that name", SERIOUSLY. That's the lamest thing I've ever heard, I cringe every single time she says that shit, gosh.

Anyway, I feel meh about this series, but still can't say I hate it or anything like that... 6/10
Mainly because Hitorigoto was fucking awesome, one of the best openings I've heard in a while <3
Jun 26, 2017 6:09 AM

Nov 2012
Didn't feel like finale, but it's enjoyable nonetheless.

8/10
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Jun 26, 2017 7:18 AM

Jun 2013
meh that was boring
Jun 26, 2017 7:27 AM
Jun 2013
nice "ending" LUL

I wouldn't mind a 2nd season tho. lol
Jun 26, 2017 9:04 AM

Nov 2012
I will miss Muramasa <3 (⌣́_⌣̀)\(˘⌣˘ )

Jun 26, 2017 9:15 AM
Aug 2011
Reikuo said:
GreenPlatinum said:

The Controversy? The Discussion? Maybe the fact that if you drop it and call the series bad you get accused of having an illegitimate opinion because you didn't watch the whole thing.

Additionally watching some abysmal anime is a worthwhile exercise as it allows you to truly grasp what you do value in good anime.

Actually nobody cares because this anime does what it wants to do for the audience thats going to be spending money on it so fucking well that your opinion is actually illegitimate no matter what you say or do. You think its shitty? Copy and paste it to the world its not going to change a damn thing.

"It was a loli 'incest' fan service show of which every element has been done better elsewhere."
Sales which are the only numbers that talk are proving this statement wrong already, cant wait for next weeks blu-ray numbers. : )

Everyone know that sales are what determines if something is successful or not in terms of profit. Yes overpriced blu-rays and merch are how they make money. And I'm pretty sure from what I heard from around when episode 3 was airing the blu rays had huge preorder sales, could be wrong though heard this second hand on a vlog.

Still that doesn't equal what will be quality to what critics and people alike think. Twilight/Transformers can make millions of dollars but still be shit to critics and a larger basis.

Yeah opinions don't matter in terms of sales, but they do matter in terms of validity in discussion, critique and analysis. All you are doing is trying to hide behind the sales. Sales are not a judge of quality, it is a judge of popularity. You are hand waving opinions away despite how strong a large outcry against a show can cause in terms of how much money and what people will part with.

This will probably get a second season if people were right about the Blu-ray sales, but good luck keeping that kind of sales figures if people really hate this show.

If it does well and you like it, go for it. Hand waving opinions will not stop them from having an validity or from existing.
Jun 26, 2017 9:28 AM

May 2012
Red_Ryu12345 said:
Reikuo said:

Actually nobody cares because this anime does what it wants to do for the audience thats going to be spending money on it so fucking well that your opinion is actually illegitimate no matter what you say or do. You think its shitty? Copy and paste it to the world its not going to change a damn thing.

"It was a loli 'incest' fan service show of which every element has been done better elsewhere."
Sales which are the only numbers that talk are proving this statement wrong already, cant wait for next weeks blu-ray numbers. : )

Yeah opinions don't matter in terms of sales, but they do matter in terms of validity in discussion, critique and analysis. All you are doing is trying to hide behind the sales. Sales are not a judge of quality, it is a judge of popularity. You are hand waving opinions away despite how strong a large outcry against a show can cause in terms of how much money and what people will part with.

This will probably get a second season if people were right about the Blu-ray sales, but good luck keeping that kind of sales figures if people really hate this show.

If it does well and you like it, go for it. Hand waving opinions will not stop them from having an validity or from existing.

Considering your offering no discussion, critique, or analysis yea nobody cares : ( All your posts are spam and tears.

Nobody worth anything hates the show, people hate the WWE, people hate Nascar, yet they have been around for decades nobody cares what some weaboo who feels the need to watch anime they dont like from episode 1 thinks about the show. You was never the intended audience so you dont even have a 2 cents, your just dead ass broke.

Your opinion is literately invalid.

Dont you have anything better to do then cry on these forums?

Jun 26, 2017 10:55 AM
Aug 2011
Reikuo said:
Red_Ryu12345 said:

Considering your offering no discussion, critique, or analysis yea nobody cares : ( All your posts are spam and tears.

Nobody worth anything hates the show, people hate the WWE, people hate Nascar, yet they have been around for decades nobody cares what some weaboo who feels the need to watch anime they dont like from episode 1 thinks about the show. You was never the intended audience so you dont even have a 2 cents, your just dead ass broke.

I can love hate watching a show once and a while, this was one of them where I watched this to watch it along with others who were as well.

I had a lot of fun trashing on this show with watching vlogs and discussions on it with people who also hated this show for the most part.

If you want to say something constructive let me know, otherwise I'm not interested in the edge right here.

Popularity/sales =/= critical reception or audience enjoyment. Those are two different things.
Jun 26, 2017 11:01 AM

Mar 2016
i still dont know how i feel abt this series lmao
Jun 26, 2017 11:24 AM

May 2012
Red_Ryu12345 said:
Reikuo said:

I can love hate watching a show once and a while, this was one of them where I watched this to watch it along with others who were as well.

I had a lot of fun trashing on this show with watching vlogs and discussions on it with people who also hated this show for the most part.

If you want to say something constructive let me know, otherwise I'm not interested in the edge right here.

Popularity/sales =/= critical reception or audience enjoyment. Those are two different things.

So your hobbies consist of watching other people bitch about anime. You sound like a very interesting individual.... Keep doing you and like not doing anything worthwhile and all. You seem to be confusing hate watching a show with just hating yourself.
Vlogs dont equal audience reception, triggered people vlog.

7.14 on MAL by 40k users with the amount of hate this show gets proves its just a vocal minority that dislike it, a sad one too.
Jun 26, 2017 12:21 PM
Aug 2011
Reikuo said:
Red_Ryu12345 said:

So your hobbies consist of watching other people bitch about anime. You sound like a very interesting individual.... Keep doing you and like not doing anything worthwhile and all. You seem to be confusing hate watching a show with just hating yourself.

7.14 on MAL by 40k users with the amount of hate this show gets proves its just a vocal minority that dislike it, a sad one too.

I wouldn't call a 7.14 critically loved on mal by any means.

This season it seems to be roughly in the middles in terms of score,

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1602544

It's ranked Ranked #2922, not a great rating by any means if I were to be talking about critical reception overall. Especially on MAL where even notoriously bad anime get about a 5.

That said I don't disagree with you that this has a huge poor reception like other shows such as hand shakers which has a 5.76.

I also will not refute how popular this show is, #462 is pretty high given most shows.

And I've heard it's blu-rays have huge preorder sales.

That said 7.14 is not that great in the grand scheme of things in terms of what other scores are overall. It's doing ok for this season in terms of shows, it's not in the 6 or below area like other anime. But that doesn't mean it's really that well liked. It has an audience, but I ain't gonna be singing it's praise and I loved hate watching it.

I wouldn't say you are necessarily wrong about what you said about hating an anime, but it did give me a lot of enjoyment I won't lie about that. It has a lot of value to me, just like watching other anime I think are really bad it can be very entertaining even if I think it is one of the worst things rating wise.
Red_Ryu12345Jun 26, 2017 3:02 PM
Jun 26, 2017 2:15 PM

Sep 2013
The last ep finalizes the 'core' of the show, i.e. oreimo-likey fanservice festa.

Average show, some good moments, hellava cute lolis but writing wise too bland and boring. Elf was charming and bookstore-girl randomly doki'd my heart. 7/10
Jun 26, 2017 2:36 PM

Sep 2011
It started out meh, but turned pretty good later on. Some good humor and stuff. 7/10
Jun 26, 2017 2:57 PM

Jul 2015
Red_Ryu12345 said:
Reikuo said:

It's ranked Ranked #2922, not a great rating by any means if I were to be talking about critical reception overall. Especially on MAL where even notoriously bad anime get about a 5.

That said I don't disagree with you that this has a huge poor reception like other shows such as hand shakers which has a 5.76.

I also will not refute how popular this show is, #462 is pretty high given most shows.

That said 7.14 is not that great in the grand scheme of things in terms of what other scores are overall. It's doing ok for this season in terms of schools, it's not in the 6 or below area like other anime. But that doesn't mean it's really that well liked. It has an audience, but I ain't gonna be singing it's praise and I loved hate watching it.

I wouldn't say you are necessarily wrong about what you said about hating an anime, but it did give me a lot of enjoyment I won't lie about that. It has a lot of value to me, just like watching other anime I think are really bad it can be very entertaining even if I think it is one of the worst things rating wise.

Oooohhhh boy thats a lot to read. Theres so much here I found myself think about. Sorry if it's a little off, was kind typing it as I went along.

@GreenPlatinum First of allI have to agree with you on that, and disagree. You probably don't need to finish a crappy anime to say that it's crap. Probably need to watch more than the first episode, but not the entire thing, I made the mistake of assuming Kemono Friends was trash after 1 episode and I can't escape the darn thing no matter where I go on the internet. But you make a good point about it being worthwhile. Big Order was the worst thing I have ever watched. I learned a lot about what an anime should never do watching that and I don't regret a single second spent watching it.

@Reikuo Your defending your argument pretty hard for someone that doesn't care. But your also right. I didn't think about it before, but my problem is more likely the way those negative comments were written. There was no critique, no discussion, no analysis or anything like you said. It was just "This anime is trash". That offers nothing at all. But screw the sales, Twilight is crap but it sold well, Transformers is crap but it sold well, heck, freaking Suicide Squad was crap too but it sold dang well, people eat crap up for the stupidest reasons so sales mean nothing when decideing wether or not something is ACTUALLY any good. Also, stop getting so dang salty because somebody said they didn't like what you like. Also also, 7.14 is most definitly not loved. Thats like average, if not a little below average

@Red_Ryu12345 You sir. I agree with everything you have said. I enjoy hating on things wtih other people from time to time as well.
Thats about all I can think of at to say at the moment.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 26, 2017 3:44 PM

May 2012
Red_Ryu12345 said:
Reikuo said:

That said 7.14 is not that great in the grand scheme of things in terms of what other scores are overall. It's doing ok for this season in terms of shows, it's not in the 6 or below area like other anime. But that doesn't mean it's really that well liked. It has an audience, but I ain't gonna be singing it's praise and I loved hate watching it.

When did I say the anime was "critically loved"? Also we dont have the facts, but I think its beyond a more then fair assumption that this series gets way more 1/10 votes then the average series because of the controversy. I think if left to its own devices it would be pushing an 8 on MAL. In addition to that, most of the hate and generic 1 liner posts are coming from people who see this thread trending in the active topics section and come to post some dribble.

The reason I brought up the score was because if its an anime you and others you have found online "love to hate" surely its not because its so bad its good if a pool of 40k people from one of the biggest Western fansites is anything to go by. Seems to me something else is going on. 7.14 is not a bad score...

Im not sure what the other numbers really matter, its still a 7.14 with 40k votes on MAL which is an irrefutable statistic. On a Western site too. Hating watching a show with a 7.14? I will admit, I dont get it.

@DuoraDoll As you said, no critique, no discussion, no analysis. Im just giving a taste of it back. Also you cant compare Hollywood to anime.

Those series you listed get most income from the box office, and blu-ray/DVDs are sold for $20-$25 and drop significantly after release. Anime have 6-7 volumes that are 6k yen minimum. If we round down to $50 that is $25 an episode. Anime fans spend way more then Twilight fans, even if that Twilight fan has all the movies and books owning not even half of the blu-ray volumes for any anime costs more then would it have a whole bookshelf of Twilight movies and books.

Anime for now depends on merch rather then streaming revenue like Western media so its an entirely different beast. Its two different approaches. Anime sells to a very small audience with deep pockets when it comes to merch and blu-ray, the West tries to get a broad audience to spend a little bit. So it IS fair to use sales when talking about anime because they market things to appeal to a specific sect of the otaku fanbase to support with blu-ray/DVD and merch sales. The audience they targeted is going to pay up big time for Eromanga Sensei, they dont really care what a bunch of people in the US think who wont be spending money.
Jun 26, 2017 6:03 PM

Jul 2015
Reikuo said:
Red_Ryu12345 said:

When did I say the anime was "critically loved"? Also we dont have the facts, but I think its beyond a more then fair assumption that this series gets way more 1/10 votes then the average series because of the controversy. I think if left to its own devices it would be pushing an 8 on MAL. In addition to that, most of the hate and generic 1 liner posts are coming from people who see this thread trending in the active topics section and come to post some dribble.

The reason I brought up the score was because if its an anime you and others you have found online "love to hate" surely its not because its so bad its good if a pool of 40k people from one of the biggest Western fansites is anything to go by. Seems to me something else is going on. 7.14 is not a bad score...

Im not sure what the other numbers really matter, its still a 7.14 with 40k votes on MAL which is an irrefutable statistic. On a Western site too. Hating watching a show with a 7.14? I will admit, I dont get it.

@DuoraDoll As you said, no critique, no discussion, no analysis. Im just giving a taste of it back. Also you cant compare Hollywood to anime.

Those series you listed get most income from the box office, and blu-ray/DVDs are sold for $20-$25 and drop significantly after release. Anime have 6-7 volumes that are 6k yen minimum. If we round down to $50 that is $25 an episode. Anime fans spend way more then Twilight fans, even if that Twilight fan has all the movies and books owning not even half of the blu-ray volumes for any anime costs more then would it have a whole bookshelf of Twilight movies and books.

Anime for now depends on merch rather then streaming revenue like Western media so its an entirely different beast. Its two different approaches. Anime sells to a very small audience with deep pockets when it comes to merch and blu-ray, the West tries to get a broad audience to spend a little bit. So it IS fair to use sales when talking about anime because they market things to appeal to a specific sect of the otaku fanbase to support with blu-ray/DVD and merch sales. The audience they targeted is going to pay up big time for Eromanga Sensei, they dont really care what a bunch of people in the US think who wont be spending money.

Ah, this sounds like a pretty dang solid argument. And on top of that the tone is much better than the previous ones. Took me a while to come up with a response to this but here goes.

It's easy to say that this anime could have gotten an 8, but the reality is that it didn't, but the reason it got that score is the reason why it's popular. This anime very well could be described as a "loli 'incest' fan service show" and this description wouldn't be entirely wrong. This is quite a controversial subject for pretty obvious reasons, and there aren't many anime that tackle all of these elements the way this anime does, so of course it would get hated on, and get 1/10s. Without those controversial elements though, it would have just been another average romantic comedy.

As for my comparison of Hollywood to anime. I probably could have handled that better. I wasn't really comparing the two. All I meant was that just because something is popular and sells well, doesn't mean it's actually that good. It just meets the desires of an audience that aren't tackled often or the same way. Transformers for example ain't good, but there aren't that many movies being made about a bunch of giant alien robots fighting each other with explosions everywhere, so for people who want to see that, Transformers is the place to go. And again, as there aren't many movies or anything that tackle those elements, supporting the movies that do give the people making the movies more of a reason to give people more of what they want. At least that's what I think anyway.
Jun 26, 2017 7:04 PM

Apr 2015
This was a slog at times. I don't think I've watched an anime where you're supposed to like one of the main characters, but she doesn't do even ONE redeeming thing throughout the show. Sagiri never did anything nice. I'm all for ecchi, but her personality kept bringing me down. Disappointing.
Jun 26, 2017 7:05 PM

Jul 2012
DuoraDoll said:
This anime very well could be described as a "loli 'incest' fan service show" and this description wouldn't be entirely wrong. This is quite a controversial subject for pretty obvious reasons, and there aren't many anime that tackle all of these elements the way this anime does, so of course it would get hated on, and get 1/10s. Without those controversial elements though, it would have just been another average romantic comedy.

I made that comment and I don't think those elements are inherently bad. I think a series needs to tackle these subjects' negative aspects to explore their topic matter in a meaningful way.

Yosuga no Sora has an incest element to it and is even willing to have it's characters have sex as well as shows the massive disapproval from other members within the community they live.

NHK ni Youkoso features hikikkomori and actually has them suffer through the depression and psychosis such extreme isolation and paranoia does to people.

I don't think Eromanga is bad for what it wants to be but the fact it handles its subject matter in such an ignorant and carefree manner is the real problem. A1 and the author both escalate this by clearly not wanting to anchor down their audience with heavy ideas or alienate the ones just watching for cute girls.
Jun 26, 2017 7:39 PM

Jan 2013
The show was pretty ok.

The few things that saved this anime were:
-funny moments
-Yamada Elf :3
-OP/ED
-ED in the last episode xD

I wasn't a big fan of Sagiri, and her attitude most of the time...

Yamada is the best girl :3

So Megumi did that drawing from her brother wtf...

6-7/10.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 26, 2017 8:02 PM

Dec 2016
My most favorite scene on eps 12

見せて!!見せて!!

Ryan Jonathan

Sep 2011
Oh god the porn stuff was hilarious!

Sep 2011
Oh god the porn stuff was hilarious!
Jun 26, 2017 8:12 PM

Feb 2014
He likes her just like a sister, then loves, then not, then yes, then the little sister want to marry who she loves, then the other girls love him (of course), then he reject them, then one of them are the second, then first, then the third, then in the end nothing happened.

*sigh*

the first half was enjoyable but the second was boring and they teased us so much about the love/romantic matter but in the end nothing happened.
Liked Elf, and the references. And of course the fanservice scenes, hehe =)

5/10
TechOtakuJun 26, 2017 8:17 PM
Jun 26, 2017 8:16 PM
Mar 2014
AP24 said:
UrbanJahts said:
Well I liked the series since it was like OreImo but I don't think this one will be getting a second season so if I want to countine this story I should read the light novels!

I'm thinking I should binge-watch all of OreImo now!

Actually of all anime this season that don't have new season announced yet, Eromanga Sensei has the best chance of getting another season.

SNK Season 3 is announced ^^
Jun 26, 2017 8:26 PM
Dec 2011
orsekashikuzu said:
AP24 said:

Actually of all anime this season that don't have new season announced yet, Eromanga Sensei has the best chance of getting another season.

I said "not announced yet".
Jun 26, 2017 9:19 PM

Jan 2013
Such a hentai scenario, fairly ridiculous.
At least it was an energetic finale
Jun 26, 2017 9:37 PM

Jul 2015
GreenPlatinum said:
DuoraDoll said:
This anime very well could be described as a "loli 'incest' fan service show" and this description wouldn't be entirely wrong. This is quite a controversial subject for pretty obvious reasons, and there aren't many anime that tackle all of these elements the way this anime does, so of course it would get hated on, and get 1/10s. Without those controversial elements though, it would have just been another average romantic comedy.

I made that comment and I don't think those elements are inherently bad. I think a series needs to tackle these subjects' negative aspects to explore their topic matter in a meaningful way.

Yosuga no Sora has an incest element to it and is even willing to have it's characters have sex as well as shows the massive disapproval from other members within the community they live.

NHK ni Youkoso features hikikkomori and actually has them suffer through the depression and psychosis such extreme isolation and paranoia does to people.

I don't think Eromanga is bad for what it wants to be but the fact it handles its subject matter in such an ignorant and carefree manner is the real problem. A1 and the author both escalate this by clearly not wanting to anchor down their audience with heavy ideas or alienate the ones just watching for cute girls.

Tackling the negative aspects would have made Eromanga-sensei a much more interesting and deep anime. I think a lot of the hate the anime gets wouldn't have been there if this did. But your right, this anime was only made to show off some cute girls and joke around. It lost all of it's potential to be meaningful right off the bat, when it was mentioned that the main duo ain't even blood related.
Jun 26, 2017 9:46 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
8/10

Fun show overall. That head pat was so cringy :3
Hoping for a season 2. ^^

Jun 27, 2017 12:31 AM
Apr 2013
I really really liked Oreimo so I looked forward to watching this show. The build up was nice but in the end sagiri never left the house and I was really disappointed in the finale. She went downstairs and that was all. Interesting first but horrible ending.
Jun 27, 2017 1:15 AM
Mar 2014
AP24 said:
orsekashikuzu said:

yes you said no anime have next season announced yet but SNK Season 3 is announced already..//
Jun 27, 2017 3:41 AM

Aug 2015
There was absolutely no closure.
However, it is nice to see Sagiri being more comfortable around her newfound friends.

As for Sagiri's catchphrase of saying "I don't know anyone by that name", I think it's funny, and I love it. XD

All being said, definitely feels like there should be a season 2, or at least a few more episodes, to bring some closure, or at least set things on an obvious path for the group.

Either way, I enjoyed this quirky little show.

(And: I always thought that ending song reminded me a lot of Monster Musume's OP theme. On top of the similar energy and pacing, both songs are sang by the same person!)
Jun 27, 2017 4:32 AM
Dec 2011
orsekashikuzu said:
AP24 said:

yes you said no anime have next season announced yet but SNK Season 3 is announced already..//

I already knew SNK already had Season 3 announced, what I meant was other anime that don't have new season announced yet.
Jun 27, 2017 7:15 AM
Mar 2014
AP24 said:
orsekashikuzu said:

I already knew SNK already had Season 3 announced, what I meant was other anime that don't have new season announced yet.

"Actually of all anime this season that don't have new season announced yet"
i replied based on your word ^^,you mentioned "all anime this season"
Jun 27, 2017 8:34 AM

Jan 2015
Im a simple viewer, I see ClariS OP I give this anime 9/10 :v
Jun 27, 2017 8:40 AM
Aug 2011
Reikuo said:
Red_Ryu12345 said:

True it isn't critically loved, it's a 7.14, which is better than half or more than half. Critically loved wasn't the right word. Well received would be a better one and by mal standard, tbh, when think of very well received of think of something more closer to an 8. Like I said before it's rare you will even see extremely hated and notoriously bad anime get into the 4 or less area. Understanding Mal's system, 7.14 isn't awful by many means but I wouldn't put it in the well received area.

As for controversy, I'm A-ok if it wants to be an incent anime if it did it well. Oreimo part of the themes of that show if I recall what people have told me is liking what you do and not being ashamed of it if people look down on you for it. I can respect that a lot and see actual good themes in that kind of story. I don't think this did it well and also felt more like window dressing to bait people into watching the show since...well they aren't actually brother and sister, it's just in title.

yeah it is a 7.14 but I did think this show was that awful. Hell Evangelion I gave a 1/10 because of how much I hated it and thought it was bad. I would be lying to myself if I just went with the crowd on that one.

If you like it, that's fine. Hell I'm pretty dang sure this show has a good chance of getting a second season based on Blu-ray sales alone.

DuoraDoll said:
Reikuo said:

Ah, this sounds like a pretty dang solid argument. And on top of that the tone is much better than the previous ones. Took me a while to come up with a response to this but here goes.

It's easy to say that this anime could have gotten an 8, but the reality is that it didn't, but the reason it got that score is the reason why it's popular. This anime very well could be described as a "loli 'incest' fan service show" and this description wouldn't be entirely wrong. This is quite a controversial subject for pretty obvious reasons, and there aren't many anime that tackle all of these elements the way this anime does, so of course it would get hated on, and get 1/10s. Without those controversial elements though, it would have just been another average romantic comedy.

As for my comparison of Hollywood to anime. I probably could have handled that better. I wasn't really comparing the two. All I meant was that just because something is popular and sells well, doesn't mean it's actually that good. It just meets the desires of an audience that aren't tackled often or the same way. Transformers for example ain't good, but there aren't that many movies being made about a bunch of giant alien robots fighting each other with explosions everywhere, so for people who want to see that, Transformers is the place to go. And again, as there aren't many movies or anything that tackle those elements, supporting the movies that do give the people making the movies more of a reason to give people more of what they want. At least that's what I think anyway.

I don't disagree per say. The only reason Fifty Shades of Grey makes money despite being absolute crap is because there are no erotic thrillers being made anymore. It's the only one.

Transformers is a bit more than that, it is a long running franchise with huge brand name recognition. That does add a lot to it.

I do think this anime does fall into the, no one makes anime like this. Which is true, for people into that kind of thing there aren't a lot of anime like this. If it wants to be like that, that's fine but even then I think anime like Oreimo did it better. A lot of the themes that made that one good was also being into liking what you do and not feeling ashamed of it. I had a lot of respect for that kind of theme. Do I like incest anime? Hell no but I can like and even appreciate it a lot more if it does something like that where it goes into those kinds of ideas.

Here though? Does it being labeled as incest even matter when the anime constantly reminds you they aren't blood related?

One pet peeve I do have is glorifying being a hikikkomori, I get that it is played more upbeat and comical but at the same time. Can we not? I've had friends being exactly that kind of person where they would never leave their room and being a complete shut in. With Eromanga, well of course she looks cute and adorable and well clean with a nicely cleaned up room despite this. People need help with these kinds of situations and I don't like the idea of glorifying it like this series did.

I get that this series was supposed to be more of a rom com, but in general I didn't think it was well executed and frankly I got more enjoyment riffing on it MCT3k style than I did watching it.
Jun 27, 2017 9:45 AM

Jul 2014
As generic and boring as this show is, I can't in good conscience say that I didn't have fun watching it. Putting the subpar story and characters aside, there were a few characters I liked, they weren't terribly deep by any means, but I still liked them. This show also has a surprisingly solid production quality. Comedy-wise it's a mixed bag, some jokes land and some didn't. No one in the cast did an outstanding job potraying their characters, but they did what they had to do. Some moments in this show make you question why you're even watching it, and by the next second you immediately found your answer.

I can't rate this shit, it's beyond that. It's both horrible and amazing at the same time. So I guess I just have to put in Select/10.
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Jun 27, 2017 11:12 AM
Dec 2014
Loved the show but one thing im very confused is, even though repeatedly said they loved eachother nothing fucking happened. They went back to the same old cliche tsun and Ichika density lvls each time after they said it.

How can the relationship of two people that like eachother not move a single inch forward in a whole season is beyond me. MC even rejects or tells to their faces literally that he loves Sagiri, yet they dont give up (though as a harem lover I do like that they still fight for their love).
Jun 27, 2017 11:33 AM

May 2010
ogorhan said:
Loved the show but one thing im very confused is, even though repeatedly said they loved eachother nothing fucking happened. They went back to the same old cliche tsun and Ichika density lvls each time after they said it.

How can the relationship of two people that like eachother not move a single inch forward in a whole season is beyond me. MC even rejects or tells to their faces literally that he loves Sagiri, yet they dont give up (though as a harem lover I do like that they still fight for their love).

But it's all Sagiri's fault, she kept everything it to herself, Masamune doesn't know she's in love with him.
Jun 27, 2017 12:17 PM

May 2012
Quite the lewd episode :p pretty fun closure but I did expect a bit more for a last episode, or at least a proper closure! Either way I quite enjoyed the randomness and just slice of life setting of this anime!

All in all a good watch!
Jun 27, 2017 5:15 PM

Sep 2015
Love this show, this episode was way too funny. Didn't feel like a last episode though with things still up in the air. Is this even a series about romance anymore or is it just a bunch of creators being funny.

In any case, very enjoyable to watch. I'll gladly accept a season 2 or any OVAs.

7/10
Jun 27, 2017 8:00 PM

Oct 2011
Season 2 Please 😭 I need more Elf, Muramasa Sagri etc
Jun 27, 2017 10:16 PM

Jan 2016
I actually watched this because I enjoyed Oreimo a couple of years ago and it's from the same author. While I can say the show isn't good I can't negate that I did enjoy most parts. The story is generic, almost nothing happens, the characters are super unrealistic and it didn't make me laugh (although I admit some of the jokes were funny) but the feels good or relaxing feeling that watching this type of anime gives me is what made me go on. So I guess I can say it was a fun ride in general.
Jun 27, 2017 11:10 PM

Jun 2012
Not as good as Oreimo but I was still able to get off to it. Well done and good animation.
Jun 27, 2017 11:38 PM

Sep 2013
That was an satisfying ending. though, I want this to get another season just like OreImo.
Jun 28, 2017 2:07 AM

Jun 2017
Nothing ground-breaking but still loved it! I would appreciate a second season but I'm not gunna hold my breath on that.
especially appreciated the Oreimo cameos <3
Jun 28, 2017 2:54 AM

Nov 2007
Well, finally it ended...i can guarantee this anime will get 2nd season....if shit stain like Umaru can get 2nd season, there is no reason this wont be able to, especially after seeing the BD preorder sales...

That being said, i finally get to finish last ep... as each minutes take a toll on my sanity, its a barrel full of cringe-fest and .gif trying hard to be meme...i cant believe it rating is actually lower than Umaru...that say alot

+ great animation
+ decent OP and ED
+ fanservice done right (not stupid/absurd like toloveru)
- too much fanservice
- boring character trope
- non existence romance development
- convenient setup for legal incest to compensate oreimo
- reuse joke that get stale very fast...or it just didnt hit...not even a chuckle
- way too predictable storyline

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance...it couldnt get any of those right, none of it...except fanservice...

Final score 4/10
Baron85Jun 28, 2017 3:12 AM
Jun 28, 2017 6:30 AM

Sep 2012
Certainly not as much of a conclusion as I expected, but I suppose that's to entice fans into asking for another season. It was cool seeing Sagiri interacting and having fun with the other girls, but she's still insufferable. Tomoe best girl, kekkon shitai, the end. If there is another season I think I'll have to begrudgingly watch it xP
Jun 28, 2017 12:48 PM

Jan 2010
Strange end, looks like a mid-season episode. But I guess they're gonna make more of this so it's okay.
Jun 28, 2017 4:28 PM

Apr 2016
Well, this episode made me laugh so hard XD

A bit trashy sometime, but it's okay as this show succeed entertaining me and have many cute characters <3

7/10 for enjoyment
flamecerberusJan 21, 2018 11:02 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

168 by NiromR »»
May 8, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

177 by Sagirii »»
Apr 11, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2017

262 by slepice24 »»
Apr 10, 12:03 PM

» This anime needs more love ( 1 2 )

Jaaku_na_Neko - Jun 27, 2023

61 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 8, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

165 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 27, 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.