Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad, A106 looked polished and ready to go after all the maintence.

So they had a battle royale like battle for the setting. Nice.
I have to admit though...some of the robots competiting really gave me an odd impression especially the one with the scissor-like hands.

The action was okay, felt balanced on most parts.
Jun 25, 2017 3:54 AM

Aug 2013
The battle royale was OK. Mars dominated the match while Six was trying to communicate with the others. RIP Drum Shoulder.

Speeking of Six's communication, he was able to think of a sentence like an actual human at the end. He also wanted to talk to Mars. Bewusstsein is showing some real progress

A106 vs Mars next episode.

Jun 25, 2017 4:22 AM

Dec 2014
Mars was pretty brutal in taking down the competitors except for Six. I kinda felt sad for Drum Shoulder since his creators were crying. Wonder why he wasn't able to communicate with Six, protocol difference I suppose?

Here's to hoping Six can hold his ground next episode since Mars is pretty much a military grade robot.
Jun 25, 2017 5:51 AM
Apr 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Mars was pretty brutal in taking down the competitors except for Six. I kinda felt sad for Drum Shoulder since his creators were crying. Wonder why he wasn't able to communicate with Six, protocol difference I suppose?

Here's to hoping Six can hold his ground next episode since Mars is pretty much a military grade robot.

Drum Shoulder is not made for communication, he is basically a computer AI made to calculate and analyze, but not synthesis and response. If we were to put them on the scale, Drum Shoulder is 1st generation AI that does not recognize commands not written into him, while both A106 and Mars are 3rd generation human-thought-pattern based AIs.
I really like how A106 voice became human-like after the screen faded. As if he becomes more human with each passing episode...
Re:formed
Jun 25, 2017 6:03 AM

Dec 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Drum Shoulder is not made for communication, he is basically a computer AI made to calculate and analyze, but not synthesis and response. If we were to put them on the scale, Drum Shoulder is 1st generation AI that does not recognize commands not written into him, while both A106 and Mars are 3rd generation human-thought-pattern based AIs.
I really like how A106 voice became human-like after the screen faded. As if he becomes more human with each passing episode...

Ah, that makes sense, so technically Drum Shoulder couldn't recognize the message Six sent him since he has no functionality to interpret it? Anyway, Thanks man
Jun 25, 2017 7:48 AM

Oct 2012
Will Mars respond? Does A106 have a chance? Actually really looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 25, 2017 9:01 AM

Oct 2016
A106 is incomplete.....

he definitely need a vocaloid installed in him! X'D

2 more episodes here we go!

also looks like the animation quality didnt drop. its good in my standards.

the rating drops is what i'm furious about!

the part where the other robots doesnt reply, shouldnt the message be sent to the human controller instead? for the AI auto controlled or human controlled robots of course. they use tablets to monitor the robots so a message should pop up "meeru dayo~". right?
LithianicJun 25, 2017 9:05 AM
Jun 26, 2017 2:39 AM

Sep 2013
Decent episode,now we know Mars is OP.

Ending was surprising tho
Deep dark fantasies
Jun 26, 2017 10:06 AM

Mar 2016
Well we got to see what Mars can do in this week's episode and it was definitely impressive! Mars destroyed all the other robots with ease and A106 was trying to establish communication with the other robots and at the end Mars...A106 is becoming more human in his actions and I don't think Mars is really interested in talking it out so we should get some fireworks out of the fight
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 27, 2017 1:40 PM

Nov 2007
i too am named after the God of war Mars.....high five i guess.....

so,the most interesting thing was definitely Six trying to talk with other robots. Can't wait to see if Mars is going to answer him.
Jun 28, 2017 4:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The batte royal started, incluyed with the champion, Mars!!!
The first robots enemies was esasy to Mars, and now the last confrontation between Six and Mars, but Six want speaks first wiht him!!!! Interesting, very interesting!!!
Jun 28, 2017 5:06 PM
Nov 2015
I hope we be the a conversation between Six and Mars. Their differing ideologies is the thematic underpinning of the show and so if the resolution between the two is well handled it will give a nice degree of thematic closure to the show even if we don't get a second cour
Jun 29, 2017 10:41 PM

Oct 2008
Mars is overpowered!
Zeronium is just like CNTs (Carbon Nanotubes) since they said "honeycomb" structure...just sayin'...lolz
A106 tryin' to communicate to Mars at a sub-quantum level of frequency.
4/5.
matias067Jun 29, 2017 10:57 PM

Jul 1, 2017 6:10 AM

Oct 2013
that ending made me speechless a bit.
Jul 22, 2017 7:36 PM

May 2012
Mars is OP AF! But well that ending sure was quite interesting, looking forward to see what the last two episodes will offer!
Aug 20, 2017 1:33 AM
Mar 2012
nice to get AI's internal thinking process, how 6 differs from the rest. Tho could do w/o waiting on those progressbars...
6 developing a desire to talk with others is very human, more amazing than some fights which were one sided. Mars got way too much budget. Scissors crab was rather good tho.
Mar 27, 2020 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
The ending took me by surprise. A106 spoke fluently like any other average person. He seemed to have finally formulated coherent speech and emotions. It is both inspiring and pitiful. The latter is so because he kept trying to form a communication link with the other robots in the Arena, in an attempt to find out just why are his brethren aimlessly fighting and destroying one another. He has yet to realize that his AI is unique and special, much different from the other mindless AI's of the robots around him. It is sad, learning to articulate emotions and whatnot only to open a wide array of confusing questions for the young robot, A106.

On a different side note, the fights in this episode weren't exactly flexible or smooth. It felt kind of artificial if that's the word. I can see that action sequences are not this Anime's strongest point.
Feb 11, 2022 4:57 AM

Jul 2016
RafaelDeJongh said:
Mars is OP AF! But well that ending sure was quite interesting, looking forward to see what the last two episodes will offer!

I assume Mars will kick his ass but A106 will convine him to be a better robot.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Atom: The Beginning Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2017

32 by Vindicater »»
Feb 21, 2022 1:12 AM

Poll: » Atom: The Beginning Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

32 by Vindicater »»
Feb 17, 2022 2:45 AM

Poll: » Atom: The Beginning Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

13 by Vindicater »»
Feb 9, 2022 3:44 AM

Poll: » Atom: The Beginning Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

22 by Vindicater »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:48 PM

Poll: » Atom: The Beginning Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

17 by Vindicater »»
Jan 29, 2022 9:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.